Underused Premier League I - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to tell when I played vs Ernesto I thought the server had be uptdated. But when the game was about to finished it happened this. I proposed to Ernesto replay the game bur he told me that did'nt matter because the game was conclude.

Lol, I just VM'd you before I saw this. I don't really remember you proposing me to replay, I think my words were 'Even if I reckon you'd probably win anyway, that was complete bs' and after the match I realized you were a bit weak to that Pokemon so it might have ended up mattering.

If it were a random battle, or even a week 3 battle, I wouldn't mind it much, but seeing as it might just be important—depending on the other results—I'd like to hold that thought. I have no doubt you didn't know the bug would happen otherwise you wouldn't have asked me to play there (I mean, it also limits your options, right?), but since there's a precedent, I think it's only fair for the sake of a clean tourney that we play again.

It isn't something I really like, but I have a team to respond to, that's why I'd like to know what Upstart has to say about this, provided he's still alive.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
not that easy to recreate since it was near the end of the game

honestly, i'd be a lot more willing to be like "do your best to recreate the conditions" if this hadn't already happened once already to the same player less than a week ago.

imo they should replay

i havent seen the log, mind you, so i have no idea how behind ernesto was when the bug happened, so i'm not that biased

OK I talked to both Manu and DestinyUnknown (who even deleted his post here after that), and while they haven't replied, I feel like I need to stop this mindless speculation.

I tried to recreate what had happened, and it was only turn 13 where the bug occurred, we were 5-5 at the moment, I was about to kill one of his Pokes and had one that only worked as death fodder. It seems Manu had completely forgotten about one of my mons, because he thought for some reason he was 5-3 (!), which wasn't true—in fact, that same Poke remained alive when I forfeited, so I dunno how he could simply forget about it.

I also told them that the problem with trying to get where we were, was that it was only a 3/50 chance of the events occurring as they were, so we'd need to play around 17 times in average without critical hits, which imo seems annoying. Since Manu either dissappeared or simply refuses to speak to me, I don't know what to tell you, which is why I said the decision should be left to Upstart, so that no one feels ripped off.

And really, I wish we had a declared winner discounting our match, but as it stands, it might be important....

No problem we replay this game ;). So if it's possible to play this game Sunday or Monday that would be great beacause I'm not available before.

Manu and I are playing today at 1 AM, GMT +1. We couldn't get it done over the weekend because neither was bothered to find the other with Smogon down, so sorry about that.

EDIT: I won, sorry for that fucking crit, the match would've probably been different otherwise. I didn't think it mattered much at the time, but it turns out it probably made all the difference.

EDITx2:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heist and I talked on IRC like 1 1/2 weeks ago but it was the first day after the round started so I didn't want to battle yet, especially since i see him online relatively often. Well, I didn't see him since then, but I'll battle him the next time I see him online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)