Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
gratz to Sickist for winning.

:ss/Raikou:
This week I would like you to build around Raikou. With Zeraora leaving the tier it finally has its chance to shine and it's made quite the impact so far based on recent posts you can find in the metagame thread. You can run any set you want as usual.

The deadline is Saturday.

:raikou: :milotic: :krookodile: :amoonguss: :jirachi: :salamence:

This is a team I built and brought for open, with the hope of fishing a good matchup with sub cm kou against something unprepared to this new threat after some good results in test battles, only to face gastrodon ; so it probably wasn't the best call. Still worked decently despite having a terrible matchup (thanks to me expertly dodging toxic) and I got a positive experience with it overall.

Sub Calm Mind Raikou + Band Krookodile form a pretty solid offensive core, this Krookodile set being able to lure in and heavily dent Assault Vest Tangrowth, arguably one of the most splashable Raikou checks right now. It also works pretty well against foes like Seismitoad, Scarf Zarude (w/o an healing move preferably) or Gastrodon, but those are a bit less likely to come into krook early, especially the former. Krook role compresses pretty well, bringing much appreaciated Rocks and Knock Off utility. Lash Out is nice to punish salamence even if it doesn't feel too mandatory here, Stone Edge would probably be very solid, even if you'll end up clicking your stabs or rocks most of the time regardless. Milo brings a fantastic mixed pivot to the core, bringing a much needed water and fire resist, and is pretty much the only thing that can prevent DD Mence to get out of control.

At that point I pretty much knew where the team was going. Amoong brings spore and a check to Keld/Prim/Lycan/Scizor. Scarf Jirachi brings speed control, and a ton of utility for CM Kou through trick and healing wish. Mence patches a few of the team weakness, bringing a secondary fighting resist and zor check, and is the mandatory hazard controler here, Raikou hating being forced to take chip every time it comes in.

The team has a couple of holes, notably an atrocious matchup against some clanger sets and dd mence. Primarina > Milo could fix this but I don't like being forced to choose between recovery through rest talk or pivoting. As I said it was mostly built to punish poor preparation against Raikou, and it's the unfortunate share of mu fishy teams to have some wack matchups, but it shouldn't be anything unmanageable either.

:ss/raikou: :ss/scizor: :ss/primarina: :ss/zygarde-10%: :ss/chandelure: :ss/conkeldurr:

Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Scald

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flip Turn
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic

Zygarde-10% @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

This team is a VoltTurn team based around three pivots- Raikou, CB Scizor, and Flip Turn Primarina. These three form a pretty nice core with each other, being able to cover each other's weaknesses pretty well. The other three members of the team are the breakers that the first three are supposed to bring in. Zygarde-10% is really interesting because Zeraora leaving drastically improved its Speed tier. I went with a Coil set to improve its physical bulk. SubCM Chandy is a solid pick that can be hard to stop when it starts setting up, and Conkeldurr does Conkeldurr things.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Horn Leech

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Protective Pads
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Healing Wish

Okay, so I actually had a REALLY similar team to laevin that I built around the same time, so I chose not to use that cuz it'd feel cheap to essentially copy/paste. So, I decided to try out PifKou. I paired PifKou with offensive Zen Headbutt Tapu Bulu, who could lure Nidoqueen and Amoonguss and beat them 1v1 at +2 (after rocks for Amoonguss). The Grassy Terrain is also very beneficial for Raikou. Next is Seismitoad to help with CM Raikou, provide rocks, help keep Keldeo in check (spread is never 2HKO'd by specs secret sword even without grassy terrain), as well as block Volt Switch from the Rotom's. Knock Off support is also very beneficial, catching the Assault Vest off of Tangrowth or the Heavy Duty Boots off of a Noivern or Salamence. Next is Moltres, which helps the Scizor matchup while also providing a ground immunity and hazard control. Obviously, Moltres can't check Scizor by itself, but between it, toad, and raikou, it should be fine. In the 5th slot is something I've kinda wanted to try that works decently well here, being 3 attacks protective pads Scizor. With SD Tapu Bulu not carrying Stone Edge, it needs all the help it can get vs Salamence or Moltres. Protective Pads makes Scizor's Knock Off super spammable, making hazards pressure the opponent a lot more. Finally, the thing that I hate the most about how well it works in this slot, Chansey. Chansey provides a decent catch-almost all to Special Attackers like Noivern, Primarina, Thundurus-T, or Moltres. It also provides Healing Wish support and a slow pivot that can absorb Toxic Spikes poison and cure it, or act as a spore switch in for 1 turn. Overall, the team does have a small Knock Off problem, as well as an issue with LO Quick Attack Scizor, and fast things due to the Speed Control being Raikou + Scizor, both who are kinda weak. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
the french mafia is holding my family at gunpoint right now so I'm voting for laevin

I'll be casting my vote for Sickist myself, and I now notice how cringe it can be to partake in your own project. On second throught, I should've just removed my submission but what's done is done. Let's just move on to this week's topic.

Week 13 : Moltres
:ss/moltres:
For this week I'd like to have a look on a -still- fresh drop in moltres. With plethora of different options for either offensive or support sets, there is tons of fun to be have with it, and tons of playstyles to try it in. It should allow for a lot of variety both in the sets and teams, and I'm eager to watch what you'll come up with.
I'll give you a little more time than usual so we can rematch the usual schedule ; thus you have until next Saturday (will update this in the morning eu times so consider it friday if you're a US person).

Last edited:

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Mew @ Safety Goggles / Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

This is a real Frankenstein of a team. Since this week's subject was Moltres, and I already have abused my RMT (featuring Agility Moltres) for likes, I decided to try something new. Flygon was something I wanted to try, as it kinda just dunks on the majority of available flying resists such as the Rotoms, Nihilego, and beats Rhyperior. Naturally, I paired it with said Moltres, who functions as hazard control for the team. But something else ended up coming to mind: Toxic Spikes. T-spikes work incredibly well with the two I had so far, and Nihilego gives the team those and some speed, a flying resist that can somewhat handle Noivern/Salamence, as well as some more breaking power to offensively check stuff like Primarina. Next is AV Tangrowth, who is just so stupidly splashable. It just covers so much and does so much, as well as Knock Off being spammable. Mew provides Rocks, eases the Keldeo and fighting matchup, comes in on Spore. If you don't care about Amoonguss then, PLEASE USE COLBUR. This team is really weak to Krookidile, spefically Choice Band. Finally, Calm Mind Keldeo helps the stall matchup, provides a wincon, and just is so threatening with Tspikes up. Overall, an interesting team that couldve maybe been built better had I not used Flygon, but who cares. Flygon is fuego so we're using Flygon.

:ss/Mew: :ss/Keldeo: :ss/Moltres: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Thundurus: :ss/Nihilego:
https://pokepast.es/e575a7ab36b0ae51

Built this team for week 4 of UUFPL, and even though I lost the game it was still a really good one and since I'm probably gonna never use it I might as well submit it for this week. I built around spikes mew + keldeo to help wear down keldeo's answers easier. Mew is deciptively bulky and provides a lot of utility with knock and wisp. Moltres helps check grasses for keldeo while being able to bring keldeo in on switch ins like rhyperior and nihilego. Tang is the defensive glue, 56 evs ensures it lives 2 secret swords from full and power whip easies the sub cm primarina matchup. Thundurus helps the team out with opposing keldeo and primarina, while scarf Nihilego acts as speed control and provides the team with rocks. Team is weak to duskroc if tang does down so the best bet is to pressure it to make sure it has limited breathing room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)