Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a very narrow vote, pif wins this week! Your submission will be added to the hall of fame gobopal
It's a new week everyone, and this week you'll be building around

Week 19: Cobalion
:ss/cobalion:

Semi cool semi ass mon that deals with a bunch of threats (notably Scizor, Zarude, Nihilego) and is awful against some others, can bring either good utility or a bulky balance breaker with the adequate moveset, there should be plenty of fun options to explore!

:ss/Mew: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Primarina: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Cobalion: :ss/Zarude-Dada:
Spikes DD Mence Double Steel ver (pokepast.es)

This is one of the teams i built in preparation for my UUFPL semi finals game against Pichus. Though I did not bring this version, this was the version I've had the most success with as of late and thus my best version. I decided to build around spikes mew + DD mence, an idea I got after seeing Indigo Plateau's team in the set dump. Mew has flamethrower to ease the scizor matchup and spikes to help wear down answers like rhyperior and buzzwole for salamence to break easier. I decided to then stick rest talk primarina on the team, a fantastic glue mon and check to opposing salamence and keldeo. I then went with king shield 2 attacks aegislash to get a fairy-resist and nice breaker that can help whittle down celesteela. Cobalion compresses a rocker and zarude answer in one slot, something the team really needs. Scarf Monkey is speed control and takes care of threats like keldeo, lycanroc-d, and thundurus for the team. Some other options include going roost>outrage for mence to better ease the zarude matchup and let mence heal itself to be more useful in a game. Team is a bit weak to thundurus but mence can live a hit, same with mew, aegi helps and zarude can revenge, but give it little room or it will tear the team apart. This has worked well for me and I hope some of you give this a try! Im open to feedback as always

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 56 HP / 172 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Haze

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Soft-Boiled

I decided to use SD Cobalion + Nihilego, because Nihilego is kinda good rn because everything that you think should check it just gets Knocked, which is really good for Cobalion because Nihilego can Knock Aegislash. I also decided to try a semi-invested spread on Cobalion, which enables it to eat 2 Shadow Balls from SpDef Aegislash. Next, another thing I wanted to try was Mantine, who is a Scizor, Primarina, and Keldeo answer, as well as a ground immunity and a Scald switch in, which made it very convenient here. With a me beating Primarina already, and having Nihilego to eat special hits for the most part, I opted to use PhysDef Tangrowth here as a Ground resist, as well as a Knock Off absorber. This also means that Lycanroc-Dusk doesn't auto 6-0. Next, we have Choice Scarf Krookodile for Speed Control and a Ground immunity. Toxic allows Krookodile to punish Buzzwole and Tangrowth for coming in, and helps wear them down for Cobalion. Finally, Defog Mew ends the team with another Fighting resist, Defogger that actually beats most rockers (bar Toad but unmon so) while not letting Aegislash/Scizor in for free.

Congratz Monky25 for winning this week!

Week 20 : Azumarill
:ss/azumarill:

With people prepping defensively mostly for Primarina when they think water+fairy coverage, Azumarill finds a niche in being able to power through some of Prim's answer like AV Tangrowth/Glowbro and other water resists that come a bit short on the physically defensive side. It also can bring good utility through its typing and priority and has a decent amount of usable sets (CB, AV, Belly Drum), which can make it a very potent threat.
It might end up challenging, but I hope to see nice submissions!
You have until saturday

ps: op update coming soon i swear

https://pokepast.es/59d0c1be04a3dd3c

This team uses azumarill to clean up weakened teams after it was weakened by the set up Pokémon that went before it to punch holes into the opponent. Azumarill helps this team by helping apply some late game cleaning potential to clean teams that allowed pokemon such as zarude, salamence, and phys def tangrwoth get to weakened to not be able to check it anymore. Sticky webs help so it can spam play rough and knock off on would be faster targets such as tapu bulu, tentacruel, and and kommo-o. Kommo-o and Azelf are the main pokemon that you are going to punch holes through since kommo-o checks overlap a bit with azumarill and you can use it to your advantage by using kommo-o early to break holes. Azelf loves webs and breaks holes for azumarill as it can 6-0 games right away or break massive holes into the opponent like removing salamence, primarina, zarude, and rotom-wash for the rest of the team. Scizor and Diggersby are the breakers and cleaners of this team as they easily pick off weakened targets and if they get a set up turn then they can wreck havoc with mega kicks and +2 bullet punches.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/8d5c908a4050e4e5

Azumarill is used defensively (decent Moltres response) and gives some nice priority to an otherwise slow team.

:azumarill: :jirachi: :krookodile: :salamence: :slowbro-galar: :tangrowth:

The dual regenerator core is by no means uncommon and the team just kind of uses a bunch of common Pokemon. Azumarill distinguishes itself from Primarina with the priority and the ability to slam specially defensive Pokemon for larger damage like Chansey and Celesteela while priority means better match up vs things like Nihilego and Nidoqueen. It's not bad.

That'll do it for the votes, congratz htc for winning the week!

Week 21 : Reuniclus
:ss/reuniclus:
Not the hottest mon right now, with CM being vastly outclassed by Glowbro (and a few others like Hatterene to a lesser extent) and OTR being non existent since the beginning of the gen, Reuniclus carves itself a niche in the tier mostly thanks to the Regenerator x Assault Vest sets, allowing it to pivot on a few offensive threats and apply offensive pressure through Future Sight, its great offensive coverage and utility oriented moves like Knock Off. Feel free to use any set you'd want regardless, cheese is always appreciated!

Deadline is next sunday

Last edited:
:ss/Reuniclus: :ss/Mienshao: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Krookodile: :ss/Nihilego: :ss/Golisopod:
Lo shao fsight (pokepast.es)

Built this team for Week 5 of UUFPL against the Enteis and gave me my only win. Shoutout Crushy Stuff for the help with this team. Since then this team has had a special place in my heart, but I haven't used it in a long time so maybe somebody will enjoy using this instead. The team was built around LO mienshao + AV reuni, a deadly combo. Shao is a potent wallbreaker atm, being able to tear nearly the entire tier in half with only 4 moves. It can easily wipe out staples like AV tangrowth, rotom-H, and celesteela. AV reuni is a great answer to threats like keldeo, nidoqueen, and nihilego, while also being able to provide future sight support to let mienshao break through its biggest counters in amoonguss (sus) and buzzwole. Mence was slapped on as hazard removal for whatever reason as well as another offensive Pokemon that can pressure shit like moltres, amoonguss (sus), and buzzwole for shao. Krook is the speed control of the team and can revenge kill stuff like lycanroc that the team is afraid of. Nihilego acts as a rocker who can pressure defoggers and other Pokemon like Galarian Moltres. This last slot may seem spicy, but we decided to go with golisopod to act as a ground resist and check to mamoswine, spikes setter, revenge killer with first impression, and can even be used as a pivot with emergency exit. Down below is the replay of my game to better see how the team works. Hope you all enjoy this team and feel free to give it a shot!
[YAN] Monky25 v. spatulakun [ENT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)