Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a big amount of votes o-o, thanks you all for voting, and congrats BFM for winning again!

Week 16 : Noivern
:ss/noivern:
Bat's time to shine! Fast pivot with plethora of coverage and utility options, Noivern is a good pick for some teams in lack of speed control and offensive checks to some threats. I'm eager to see what will be the submissions this week!
You have, as usual, until saturday.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 124 HP / 32 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Night Shade
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

For this week, I decided to use Entei + CM Jirachi, which seemed like an interesting core in theory. Entei was something I had built with previously; after seeing Nat use it in UUPL, I built a couple teams for the Tangelas for UUFPL. Unfortunately, we never got to use them, but Entei is still something I like to try out from time to time. Calm Mind Jirachi also kinda takes adavantage of Primarina + Mew being popular, as opposed to Keldeo being popular. Also Thunder Para's are increasingly dumb. The EVs allow Jirachi to eat Krookodile's Earthquake after Stealth Rock Damage and KO it, while also having around a 90% chance to 2HKO max HP Primarina after Stealth Rock chip and burn damage. Noivern provided speed control, as well as an out to U-turn on stuff like Rotom-Heat or Sylveon. Mew gives the team an actual Fighting resist, Defogger, as well as helping check the likes of Scizor and Aegislash by spreading burns around. Nidoqueen is the rocker of choice, being able to threaten Primarina, wall Nihilego, and break down a lot of teams behind a Sub. Substitute is something I've wanted to try, and although you're straight up walled by Celesteela, you wouldn't sub until it's dead anyways. Finally, AV Tangrowth rounds up the team doing AV Tangrowth things.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/noivern: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/scizor: :ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Mew:

A pretty standard (in my books) spikes VoltTurn. Noivern does what it does best, act as speed control and pivots like crazy. Scizor and Rotom-W are like my two best mates at the moment, they're both incredible Pokemon that not only function really well together but do excellently in the current meta. Lycanroc-D abuses the absolute hell out of Spikes, and is hard enough to switch into already with it's powerful Close Combat, excellent priority and strong coverage moves. Tangrowth and Mew are great glues, with Tang providing a comfortable switch-in to many current threats and Mew giving us those amazing Spikes. This set was stolen from Mystras, and basically owns Krook so hard as it outspeeds it and Ice Beams twice or can raw Flamethrower Scizor, as Noivern doesn't generally like to take a Bullet Punch​

Thanks you two for participating!
Voting time now! You guys should be pros by now:

:entei: :jirachi: :noivern: :mew: :nidoqueen: :tangrowth: by Sickist
:noivern: :rotom-wash: :scizor::lycanroc-dusk: :tangrowth: :mew: by Codename Magnum

• UULT breaking news: I will keep the project going along with that and if we're short on teams I'll extend the submission time until we get two or more, hopefully that'll work fine

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Codename Goat
Edit: Entei is god confirming that, but Codename is goated so voting him.

Last edited:
Congratz Sickist for winning this week! If needed, this week's submission time can be longer, but hopefully we'll get enough submissions by next saturday!

Week 17 : Nihilego
:ss/nihilego:
Nihilego's one of the tier current rising force, with plethora of viable options ranging from utility sets to Meteor Beam win condition ; and with a decent bunch of other viable options. It also brings great defensive utility, which makes it perfectly usable outside of dedicated HO teams. Feel free to bring it in any playstyle you'd want and with any set!

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Wish

Salamence (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Starting off with the Rolling Stone itself, Nihilego provides rocks, checks stuff like Mence and Primarina, as well as Knocks chansey and other things. Mienshao acts as speed control, a pivot that brings in Primarina, Moltres, Salamence, and other things Nihilego preys on, as well as a physical breaker that can muscle past Chansey and threaten stuff like Cobalion. Calm Mind Sylveon is a relic that I decided to revive due to me not wanting to use Primarina (but it also Mystical Fire's Scizor and Steels into non-existance.), and its natural fat and ability to ignore subs is pretty fun in some scenarios. Salamence checks stuff like Scizor, defogs, and I definitely didn't steal the spread from TDK. Tangrowth helps Nihilego check Prim, checks Raikou, beats most Ground types, and so on. Finally, SubToxic Aegislash functions as another Scizor answer, helps break down teams for Sylveon, as well as acts as another fighitng check and Moonblast switchin.

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
:ss/hatterene: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/nihilego: :ss/scizor: :ss/salamence: :ss/lycanroc:
Made this after watching a lot of ladder tour games where Lycanroc had barely answers, and things were getting pooped on by nihilego. I had a Jijrachi at the start of the "process" since Jirachi/Tangrowth were the most obvious stops to me at the moment, but thinking about it now maybe Aegislash / Buzzwole would had been better lol. Anyway having Jirachi with this combination of pokemon apparently meant i have an automatic loss to mew so sadly he had to be laid off. Probably a lazy substitution to just add Hatterene to cover one mon, but when the mon is Mew i cant really care too much. This version probably loses to Nihilego a bit more but with some genius gameplanning it can probably be done. Unlike other people i dont really use too much brainpower when building so i cant really explain anything too much other than i think SD Lycanroc should be a banger in this meta regardless of how good just clicking buttons is. uhh I do want to use eq/flame mence but i cant figure out a spread so i left it as is. mb hf ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1344992031 jirachi replay where i only won cuz he decided to let mew die

https://pokepast.es/50c1d1e9f867ebe5

This team is build around nihilego and krookodile hazard stacking. Nihilego pressures pokemon like moltes, moltres-g, tapu bulu, thundurus-t, and rotom-heat. Knock off is a very useful utility move for nihilego as it can lure in pokemon such as rhyperior, aegislash, and jirachi and remove their leftovers. The team is built around nihilego's weaknesses such as physical priority, aegislash, jirachi, krookodile, nidoqueen. Krookodile is the speed control and the stealth rock setter of the team. Nihilego pairs well with krookodile as it sets up toxic spikes for pokemon such as tangrowth, tapu bulu, buzzwole, and kommo-o. In return Krookdile pressures Pokémon that give it problems such as aegislash, jirachi, and nidoqueen. Krookodile also supports the team with knock, which helps weaken opponents whether that is removing their scarves, leftovers, or heavy-duty boots. Hattrene is a win condition on this team utilizing its good typing of psychic/fairy to check Pokémon such as kommo-o, buzzwole, and azelf. Magic Bounce keeps hazards at bay against kommo-o, mew, and seismitoad, and also helps moltres to check scizor and zarude since its weak to hazards without boots. Also helps against stall which relies on hazards and passive for doing damage. The speed creep is to outspeed amoonguss so it can hit it first instead of risking a crit or sludge bomb poison. Scizor is the second win condition of the team it provides the team with a very strong bullet punch that can revenge kill Pokémon such as nihilego, lycanroc-dusk, and worn down pokemon are all victim to it. SD provides scizor to set up on pokemon it can take advantage off such as Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, Chansey, and it can use oppurtunities to set up on pokemon that it forces out such as lycanroc-d, tapu bulu, or Pokémon that are in range of bullet punch, such as salamence, krookodile, azelf, zygarde-10%. Tangrowth provides this team with a very useful hydro pump switch in from keldeo and primarina, sponges hits from aegislash, thundurus-t/thundurus-t, and zygarde-10%. Moltres is the scizor check and can switch in and threaten many pokemon with a flame body burn such as buzzwole, scizor, tapu bulu, and mienshao which severely hinders their offensive potential. Moltres also threatens pokemon such as tangrowth, amoonguss, scizor, aegislash, and kommo-o with its stabs and pivots out against rhyperior, seismitoad, and krookodile.

Ill cast a vote for Mygrein even if it doesn't matter cause he's a goat and the team looks fire.
Congratz Sickist for winning again! I swear I'll update the op in no time, but can't rn so I assume I'll forget until next week again. Feel free to bully me for this

Week 18 : Gyarados
:ss/gyarados:
Gyarados is at the center of a lot of discussion recently, with people trying to shift its sets and ev spreads to make it fit outside of Screens HO. It got a good amount of options to lure past its checks and counters, from coverage to stuff like Sub or Resto Chesto. I hope to see some inventive takes!

You have until ~saturday

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
:ss/volcanion: :ss/mienshao: :ss/thundurus: :ss/krookodile: :ss/aegislash: :ss/gyarados:

Description:

The Gyarados set is a Rest Talk Dragon Dance with some bulk. The main reason to use it over Suicune is the stronger ability to beat Keldeo because of the Fighting resistance and the surprise factor. Building with Volcanion means I don't need a Grass type for Primarina which is cool but since it's a Water type that doesn't really check Keldeo/Moltres, making a SpDef Gyarados set was sensible. The team has some serious power and coverage with Mienshao and Thundurus as the two of them have no safe switch ins in the tier when they support each other with U-Turn. I think Thundurus can afford running Sludge Wave over the typical Knock Off since the team already has two Knock Off users. Aegislash gives some form of priority and Krookodile piles on the utility although Choice Scarf *might* be overkill.

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
:ss/froslass: :ss/gyarados::ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/scizor::ss/mimikyu: :ss/kommo-o:

sry laevin i used a standard ho gyarados because i keep making bad plays and letting rocks go up :(
simple team imo, first ramoolost was trying out cool rockers like uxie that can imprison other rockers and then memento but i found that rocks dont accomplish enough vs the things gyarados needs chipped to win (tangy, amogus(ramolost)) so i went with spikes lead over somth like mew that has both because fast spikes are broke (scolipede moment?). Then the usual ho shit with scizor sd lo that beats alotta shit at 0 and wins games at +2. Gyarados to break everything. Lycanroc because best mon, beats other offense, broken prio, broken moves. Mimikyu is my preffered Lycanroc beater here, facing lycan while using ho is almost unwinnable unless they let it get chipped into accelerock from your own lycan, but then its a speed tie anyway. So i have picked mimi and if i let it stay in the back long enough it can pick off at the end but mainly just need it for lycan. Kommo as the spore absorber/aegi beater and thats pretty much the team.

s/o Ramolost and Adaam, mb for not asking to use the replay ill delete if u hate

Last edited:
:ss/mew: :ss/gyarados: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Starmie: :ss/Diggersby:

Thought I'd give this a try and use Gyarados on a Spikes HO. Mew is the best Spiker so I went with that but I didn't want to run the Sash lead garbo so went with the combination of Knock Off + Flamethrower. Colbur Berry is just to remove a Krook or Zarude Choice Scarf. Standard DD Gyarados set here. I was originally Ice Fang until I ran into a Buzzwole and it walled me. SD Kommo-o gives me an Aegislash check + it shuts down Amoonguss for me as giving up a Pokemon to Spore is way too impactful. Went with an offensive pivot Scizor here as I just wanted to bring in some of these other partners to break or set up more easily. Starmie gives me something naturally faster than stuff like Lycanroc-D and Thundurus-I. It's a great wallbreaker and gives me hazard removal to support Gyarados. Finally, I went with Choice Scarf Diggersby. The main reason behind this was wanting an Electric immunity and Diggs is the only offensive one that can also form a pivot core with Scizor. Quick Attack in the last slot is basically just a fail-safe against sweepers like DD Gyarados and Salamence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)