Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ss/azelf: :ss/hatterene: :ss/zarude: :ss/moltres: :ss/chansey: :ss/swampert:
https://pokepast.es/959269e47e99206c

My own PsySpam team, focused around Azelf and Hatterene. I chose Nasty Plot Azelf because it's a super dangerous sweeper, and Hatterene because it's a Psychic-type neutral to Dark and Bug, meaning it can take Zarude's Darkest Lariats and U-Turns if needed. Hatterene also becomes quite dangerous itself after a Calm Mind. The Zarude + Moltres core was then added since it's a great bulky offense core that can help bring Azelf in safely and pressure Steel-types and Aegislash. Chansey was then added to deal with special attackers, provide some speed control with Thunder Wave, and provide Teleport pivot support. Finally, Swampert gives another Fire resist, a Rock resist, provides Stealth Rocks, and allows more pivoting with Flip Turn. I chose Protect for it to scout Choice moves and Grass Knots.

Aaaaaaand that's it for voting! Congrats to pokemonisfun for winning this week's teambuilding competition - your team has been added to the Hall of Fame! This week's theme is...

647Keldeo_R_Dream.png
Kel
deo
647Keldeo_Resolute_Form_WF.png

Keldeo is an interesting pick in the current meta that can be effective, but also has several significant, common roadblocks like Amoonguss and Primarina that necessitate support to remove them. Keldeo itself can run several sets, including Calm Mind, Substitute + Calm Mind, Choice Specs, and Choice Scarf, but it will take some good teambuilding to make the best use of its talents. Good luck with building!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • The team MUST include Keldeo.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, January 23, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Dual Specs Bulky Offense
:chansey: :excadrill: :chandelure: :salamence: :keldeo: :jirachi:

Lol ok I know Specs Keldeo is literally a garbage mon but I really liked the idea of the team and decided to stick with it. Chandy and Keldeo form a nice dual specs core as Chandy beats the grasses, Slowking and is able to 2HKO Primarina while Keldeo deals with faster foes like Nihilego and it beats Chansey while also having Flip Turn to bring the chandelier in. Excadrill is the rocks setter and the main nihi switchin for when chandy whiffs, then I added Salamence to not only check most physical threats like drill and zarude but also as a secondary hazard removal so that drill doesn't get overwhelmed with both rocks setting and removing. Now that I had solid hazard removal I decided to add Chansey as a slow pivot to help with Primarina and other special threats which keldeo struggles against. I didn't want my Chansey to be incredible passive so that why I didn't remove rocks from drill to chans. Lastly I needed some speed control and a win condition after chandy and keldeo destroy the opposing team, scarf Jirachi fit beautifully as it also offensively checks Lycanroc and Mamoswine which I might struggle against. The last two moves in jirachi are pretty customizable whether u want a better matchup against DD Mence or Gyarados, I decided with Trick + Ice Punch to surprise kill zydog, reliably kill DD Mence and Trick to mess with bulkier structures while also being to stuff gyara after a trick thanks to our good water and ice resists.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0b9ddc5f0a49358b - A team built to be annoying. Pure. Plain. And. Simple.
Chansey icon
Entei icon
Salamence icon
Keldeo icon
Celesteela icon
Zarude icon

Okay, so the main idea of the team is to wear down the opposing team as much as possible while, keeping your own team healthy through Chansey's wishes or even Celesteela's leech seed. I tossed in Salamence as a hazard cleaner and as a reliable Conk check. Entei, Salamence, Keldeo, and Zarude form a nice a fat/fast hard hitting core. The team is kinda weak to Azelf but meh, can't cover all threats. But I guess Zarude could run scarf for it. Either way, I hope you enjoy the team if you decide to use it.

https://pokepast.es/7e7c8a23146e1260

Thundy-t abuses the fact that keldeo-s awnsers are grass types and water types and thundy-t pressures all of them with knock off or with volt switch. Tang can weakened opponents with knock off and pressure many water types for keldeo. Steela helps against fairy spam and special attackers in general like aegislash, bulu, and zarude which the team can struggle with. Prim provides the team with a pokemon that can stave of keldeo, mence, and moltres-g, it also can help by fishing for burns and weaken the grass types for keld. Excadrill compress spin + hazards for keldeo, prim, tang, and thundy-t who appreciate having hazards set or being gone and also helps check nihi

Last edited:
Voting is now over - congrats to HydreigonTheChild for winning this week's teambuilding competition! Your team has been added to the Hall of Fame! This week's theme is...

:bw/zapdos: Black and White UnderUsed :bw/victini:

Black and White is an UnderUsed metagame that doesn't see as much coverage or fame as some more prominent ones like DPP UU, so we'll be exploring it a bit in this week's teambuilding competition. BW UU contains some Pokemon you won't find in any other UU like Zapdos, Victini, and Weavile, giving it a unique flavour. Hazards can also be quite difficult to remove in this tier with the prominence of Cofagrigus and the small amount of viable Rapid Spin users (only Blastoise and Hitmontop are found on the current viability rankings), meaning damage tends to stick. I'm hoping lots of people will give building in this metagame a shot even if they haven't had much experience with it, and they may even discover a new tier they love in the process!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Black and White UnderUsed format.
  • You may not submit a previously-made sample team (see the resources below).
Resources
Submission Deadline: Sunday, January 30, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Last edited:
:bw/druddigon: :bw/bronzong: :bw/qwilfish: :bw/flygon: :bw/togekiss: :bw/raikou:

https://pokepast.es/5519d3060bad04c2

Pretty standard team but i wanted to try out sheer force drud for fun. Twave spam to support the fact drud is slow as hell, gknot on toge is nice for luring stuff like rhyp which can open big holes for kou to clean. Qwil and zong make a great hazard core and check a huge number of threats by themselves, slapped gyro on zong since sd weavile can be a problem otherwise. Scarf flygon is nice to give volt immune and generally a pretty solid revenge killer. No hazard control bc bw uu and u just gotta live with it.

:bw/meloetta: :bw/mienshao: :bw/raikou: :bw/gligar: :bw/umbreon: :bw/blastoise:

https://pokepast.es/969c1e26e177171f

This team is a balance team that is built around meloetta who has a few weaknesses like dark types, hazards, and powerful breakers who can take advantage of its mediocre speed. Mienshao fixes the speed problem and with great double switches it can prey the dark types. Mienshao also is a late game cleaner especially with the amount of ways to wear down the opposing team via status and powerful attacks from meloetta. Raikou is the prefered late game as with CM and sub it can set up on pokemon and clean the game. The last three are the defensive backbone which help the team deal with powerful threats such as rain, dark, psychic types,and hazards. .

Last edited:

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

The Team

Built the team around weavile who's speed tier is godly in this gen but needs to watch out for bulky fire types and fast fighting types if a SD isn't set up. Slowbro does an excellent job of taking on these potential threats and paralyzing scarfed pokemon or pokemon in rain to open up opportunities for the rest of the team. Empoleon takes on the special attackers in the tier well while also being able to set up rocks while threatening to burn rapid spinners. Rotom-heat makes sure you have extra answers to ground moves and grass pokemon that could whittle down empoleon or slowbro. Since weavile is also super weak to hazards, I picked claydol to spin hazards away while also helping whittling down more bulky opponents with toxic. Mienshao rounds out the team by being a good pivot that also makes a nice regenerator core with slowbro. Band over scarf to deal garuntee OHKO's on things like +1 curse lax. Rotom-heat also runs scarf to deal with the slower mienshao set even though mienshao's speed is already great.

Last edited:

The Team

Built the team around weavile who's speed tier is godly in this gen but needs to watch out for bulky fire types and fast fighting types if a SD isn't set up. Slowbro does an excellent job of taking on these potential threats and paralyzing scarfed pokemon or pokemon in rain to open up opportunities for the rest of the team. Empoleon takes on the special attackers in the tier well while also being able to set up rocks and defog if need be. Rotom-heat makes sure you have extra answers to ground moves and grass pokemon that could whittle down empoleon or slowbro. Flygon is also a nice offensive option to help deal with electric types that try to take advantage of the bulkier pokemon being water type. Mienshao rounds out the team by being a good pivot that also makes a nice regenerator core with slowbro. Band over scarf to deal garuntee OHKO's on things like +1 curse lax. Rotom-heat also runs scarf to deal with the slower mienshao set even though mienshao's speed is already great.
You know defog does not work in gen 5.... that is why hazard stack is very good and hazard removal is scarce
1643425631342.png

:bw/weavile: - :bw/qwilfish: - :bw/raikou: - :bw/druddigon: - :bw/xatu: - :bw/empoleon:
(click on the pokemon for the paste)

Anyone who knows me knows I don't like Weavile as a pokemon, however I do think it's a prime abuser of the hazard game in 5th gen UU so I wanted to try something with it. Gen 5 Weavile is still a fairly weak pokemon despite offensively checking nearly the entire metagame so it makes sense that it would need a little push and thankfully for it spikes are all it needs. As an ice type it is not going to be answered by spikes immune pokemon with the exception of Bronzong and choice scarf Rotom-Heat and this team has thus the goal of overwhelming the former by stacking threats it has to handle while the latter is rare and stealth rock weak and using spikes to wear down all the other answers to a swords dance Weavile.
Qwilfish is the spiker of choice for its fighting resistance and Intimidate, pairing I believe better with Weavile than Roserade which can barely be considered to resist fighting. Then is Raikou because it is another pokemon Bronzong is expected to check and it can serve as either a midgame wallbreaker or as a genuine wincon in its own right. Here I value Raikou's speed a lot in spite of its disadvantages compared to Zapdos (lower initial power, ground weakness, weakness to all forms of entry hazards and lack of recovery outside leftovers) because being able to respond to something like Tornadus or Mienshao with speed is crucial when the defensive backbone isn't the sturdiest. I also wanted to try Roar on it to wreak havoc with spikes, win every calm mind war (cm raikou beats every calm minder since ADV, as we know) and phaze out any annoying subroost Zapdos, I think the move has several interesting applications especially when your plan revolves around capitalizing on switches with spikes.
Next is Druddigon here to provide two crucial elements: 1) stealth rock and 2) pursuit support because when trying to win with Weavile scarf Victini cannot be allowed to exist, any other Victini set isn't really an issue but scarf cannot be allowed to stick around to check Weavile. Moveset is self-explanatory and i tried something with custap berry on it because I believe Drudd's item to be fairly flexible and 1 issue Druddigon has is that it's very slow so custap can give you some important speed when at low health against a Zapdos or a Nido.
Next is Xatu to try to provide some hazard control for the team, be a 1 time check to fighting types and Roserade and hopefully bait a Victini in. Xatu is actually fairly annoying to switch into when it u-turns around and it will often attract a Zapdos or a Victini to turn them into offensive momentum, other than that it's Xatu... Colbur berry to stifle a pursuit once and I don't think it needs any item in particular so I gave Colbur a go.
Finally Empoleon provides a needed answer to any sub dd kingdra that would set up all over Qwilfish while being an offensive threat tough to switch into itself, crucially turning any spin attempt from Blastoise into offense. Offensive shuca because the Nidos are threatening and being able to stay in can save a life.

Honestly it's a more agressive team than I usually conceive and I think it's still pretty rough in the grand scheme of things (for example I think the team can get away with no scarfer but others might disagree) so I might get back to it at some point but I still think it exploits important aspects of the tier well enough for me to submit it here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)