Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by Lilburr
taken from Twilight

OP largely adapted from old thread

Art by tiki
Welcome to the UU Teambuilding Competiton! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!
Rules (read these first):

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to use the following format:
    Code:
    <sprites>
    [hide=Importable][/hide]
    <Description>
  2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your entry on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites.
Code:
:ss/scizor: :bw/scizor:
:ss/scizor: :bw/scizor:
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays. If the description is too large then use hide tags.

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the UU Teambuilding Hall of Fame.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully this won't be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; so in the case of this thread, please do not use slashes. The team should be reflective of your skill as a builder, and have choices that you feel comfortable with.

Tiers: A week is for SS UU unless stated otherwise. For variety's sake, I'll switch up the generation from time to time so you can show off your ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS, and SM teams as well!

HALL OF FAME

Week 50: Chandelure won by Estarossa

Week 51: Diggersby won by Venuesaur

Week 52: Rain V2 won by Permission Slip

Week 53: USUM UU won by Permission Slip

Week 54: Hatterne won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 55: Paraspam won by Corperate n

Week 56: Dark Horse Week won by Slip

Week 57: Rhyperior won by Luirromen

Week 58: Starmie won by Slip

Week 59: Suicune won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 1: Kyurem won by Crushy Stuff

Week 2: Zarude won by Codename Magnum

Week 3: Drizzle won by Bandkrook

Week 4: Alakazam won by avarice

Week 5: Type Spam won by BigFatMantis

Week 6: Glastrier won by Estarossa

Week 7: Mew won by BigFatMantis

Week 8: Lycanroc-Dusk won by Sickist

Week 9: Aegislash won by Sickist

Week 10: DPP UU won by Esche

Week 11: Buzzwole won by Sickist

Week 12: Raikou won by laevin

Week 13: Moltres won by Monky25

Week 14: Slowbro-Galar won by BigFatMantis

Week 15: Screens won by BigFatMantis

Week 16: Noivern won by Sickist

Week 17: Nihilego won by Sickist

Week 18: Gyarados won by pokemonisfun

Week 19: Cobalion won by Monky25

Week 20: Azumarill R1 won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 21: Reuniclus won by Aqua∞ring

Week 22: Regieleki won by totomongang

Week 23: Pelipper won by Monky25

Week 24: Nidoking won by DrDaYeet

Week 26: Azelf won by Monky25

Week 27: Roserade won by pokemonisfun

Week 28: Excadrill won by Twilight

Week 29: Conkeldurr won by Celebiii

Week 30: Hydreigon won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 31: Tapu Bulu won by Estarossa

Week 32: Azumarill R2 won by Celebiii

Week 33: Psychic Spam won by pokemonisfun

Week 34: Keldeo won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 35: BW UU won by afuyeas

Week 36: Tentacruel won by pokemonisfun

Week 37: Zygarde-10% won by Permission Slip

Week 38: Dragon-Steel-Fairy won by klamalam

Week 39: RBY UU won by BigFatMantis
Hypno Gyarados Dragonite Poliwrath Dugtrio Tentacruel

Week 40: Mamoswine won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 41: Togekiss won by udongirl

Week 42: Scizor won by LoveStallLiveLife

Week 43: Hippowdon won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 44: Skarmory won by pokemonisfun

Week 45: ADV UU won by esche

Week 46: Crobat won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 47: Crobat won by Totomon

Week 48: Cobalion R2 won by HydreigonTheChild

Week 49: Hazard Stacking won by Monky25

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first week you will be building around the following...

:ss/kyurem:

Kyurem is a threatening Pokemon in the current metagame with both its Choice Specs and SubRoost set having very few good switchins. Submit your best builds with Kyurem on them. You are welcome to use any set and explore its movepool to its utmost. Due to this starting up on a Tuesday I am going to give you 4 days of building time instead of the usual 5 and then there will be 2 days of voting as normal.

Deadline Saturday 12:00 PM GMT

Have fun.

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Defog

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn
- Icy Wind

So excited for this project to be back! Anyways, I started with a core of SubRoost Kyurem + Rotom-Heat. Kyurem does really well vs the fat grounds and dragons that Rotom-Heat invites in a lot of the time, as well as Rotom-Heat providing the team's hazard control and threatening the fat steels that Kyurem has issues with, such as Scizor, Celesteela, and so on. Next, I decided on Hatterene. I hadn't seen much of the mon since Crown Tundra dropped, and it slotted in quite well here. Being able to fully handle any Latias set, barring LO 3-attacks (which is broken so I really don't mind), which it can sometimes handle, is very nice for the team, as well as functioning as secondary hazard control and as a wincon, being able to setup and beat the steels that Kyurem weakened. Tangrowth provides an Azumarill answer, although CB Ice Punch always hurts like a bitch. Sleep Powder is also nice for creating opportunities for Kyurem, as well as having Knock Off is always part of a successful team. Krookodile gives the team a Volt Switch immunity, as well as providing Stealth Rocks and a way to dissuade Victini from 6-0ing the build with Psychic. Finally, Scarf Keldeo gives the team another answer to Scizor, as well as providing necessary speed control, and another way to break past Chansey. The team has some noticably poor matchups, mainly being 3-Attacks Latias (which is broken mon), SD + U-Turn Scizor (both heatom and keld get worn down pretty quick), as well as some other things like Mixed Victini or Wallbreaker Kommo-o.

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Magnezone: :ss/Victini: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Chansey: :ss/Tornadus:

EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Tornadus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Tailwind
- Knock Off

I made this team with one focus - support Kyurem as much as pokemanly possible. So, I started with a subroost set because I think that set can just win games as long as Chansey is gone. 56 HP EVs to guarantee 101 HP subs, 232 Speed EVs is all I need to outspeed Krook - anything after that is useless unless I want to max speed to speed tie other Kyurems, so I dropped off the additional EVs in Special Attack for more damage. Next I identified some of its major threats: Chansey of course, but also Scizor, Jirachi, Celesteela, Latias, Hatterne, Conkeldurr, and potentially Lycanroc, Keldeo, and Terrakion if I do not have a sub up.

So, I added Magnezone, for the sole reason of trapping Celesteela. However, I wanted to have more Speed control, so I made it a Timid Scarf Magnezone (since it doesn't OHKO Celesteela anyways with Specs). This way I can also be guaranteed to be faster than all iterations of Scizor and trap that as well, which is good because BP Scizor is also a big threat to Kyurem. Finally, this can trap a Scarf Jirachi as well locked into Iron Head and then take it down unless you get flinched 22 times in a row. A Scarf Timid Magnezone is also faster than Lycanroc, Keldeo, and Terrakion and threatens to KO all of them (Terrakion will need slight chip). Also, Steel damage is always good against Hatterne, though need to be careful of MFire (Magnezone still wins the 1v1).

Victini offers a good VoltTurn combo with Magnezone. I opted for a boots set because I ended up making Scizor a Band set (more on that below). This allows Victini to offer Toxic support as well to problematic things like Rhyperior if it tries to switch in. Victini also helps deal with Scizor and Celesteela, and even without a Psychic attack it can still force Conkeldurr out as Mach Punch does nothing and V Create still does 80% to conk.

Scizor is banded for immediate damage, and it's also bulky and slow. This gives the team a slow pivot to gain easy momentum. Celesteela can be lured in and then Scizor can pivot out to Magnezone. Same with Skarmory. It puts a lot of pressure on the opponent on what to do there. Standard Band BP will shred Hatterne, Lycanroc and Terrakion, and do a good number on Latias too. Knock Off also punishes a switch, and Superpower helps deal with Chansey.

Chansey is here just to deal with Latias and put up rocks. It handles all forms of Latias except for Calm Mind Latias - but if you see that then you can pivot out to Tornadus to Knock it, or to Scizor if it doesn't have MFire. 3 Attacks LO is most common set though and this Chansey handles that fine. It also is a good switch to Hatterne, so you can pivot out afterwards.

Tornadus is here mostly as an emergency. It offers good support with Defog, Knock Off, and the good ol emergency Prankster Tailwind when you're really in a bind. Hurricane is still Thundurus's best offensive move, and that handles many things in UU just fine from Conk to Keld to the grasses etc.

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Super excited for this! This'll be my first post on Smogon so my apologies if the post is a bit messy. Before i get into the team, I'd like to give a huge shoutout to Mobutt for helping me correct a few mons that needed fixing. Now let's take a look at the team! (Description is under Importable as well)

:bw/kyurem: :ss/zeraora: :bw/krookodile: :bw/tangrowth: :bw/gyarados: :bw/latias:

[/https://pokepast.es/07c255aca1199505]

This team was originally built for having some fun on the ladder, but i saw the competition and thought i might try my hand at it. Choice Specs Kyurem can breaks teams apart with Draco/FD/EP, but there are still things that get in its way. Steels and Chansey are the major checks to Kyurem, so I wanted a mon that could both knock and threaten Celesteela.

In comes Zeraora, the premier electric type in the tier. I would normally run Zone, but I wanted to be original considering Mantis is using it. Zeraora not only fills the rolls of dealing with Chansey (through knocking its Eviolite) and Celesteela, it also allows Kyurem to come in against the Ground and Grass types that check Zeraora.

Scarf Krookodile is a personal favourite of mine, and we needed a way to get rocks up. Krook deals with both Scarf and Specs Latias, since Scarf can't OHKO it even if it is Modest. It can also be used as a way of dealing with Boots Victini, as V-Create's defense drop allows you to get the OHKO with EQ. Knocking off things Leftovers and Boots is super useful, as it can allow Kyurem to get 2HKO's where it normally wouldn't thanks to Rocks chip.

Looking at the team so far, we get 6-0'd by Terrakion unless I bring Krook in safely and I wanted a better way of dealing with it. I originally had Amoonguss on the team, but Tangrowth ended up being a better pick. Tangrowth provides us with a defensive switch in, which was much needed for the team. I wanted to go with the Rocky Helmet set as getting chip is amazing for Kyurem and putting something to sleep lets our next mon set up and clean.

Behold, the power of Gyarados! this is where the toss up between Keldeo and Gyarados happened, but I wanted to use Gyara because I've never tried it and I'm stubborn. DDance is extremely fun and it gives Kyurem a dangerous physical partner, crushing most teams if used well. Most Gyara run Ice Fang for things like Mence, but we have our good pal Kyurem here to get rid of it so I opted for EQ instead. +1 outspeeds Zeraora and ends it with Earthquake, Victini and Terrak get washed away with a Waterfall and Power Whip slams Slowking and Keldeo.

My last Pokemon is Latias, but it isn't your typical offensive one. I wanted a defogger so that Kyurem doesn't have to take 25% every time it switches in, and I wanted Future Sight to help break through fatter Pokemon. Latias had both, so i went with it. Future Sight from Latias can be the very thing that helps you break through things like Rotom-Heat and Kommo-o. Lati can also be used as an emergency check to SD Scizor, as Mystical Fire Always gets the OHKO.
]

Last edited:
:ss/tapu bulu: :ss/kyurem: :ss/chandelure: :ss/starmie: :ss/stakataka: :ss/weezing-galar:
Tapu Bulu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Disable
- Nature's Madness

EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Stakataka @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Body Press
- Heat Crash
- Protect

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Strange Steam

This team here is a semi stall that focuses around sub Kyurem in combination with Tapu Bulu's grassy terrain as a means to help preserve its roosts easier. The Kyurem has just enough speed to outrun the rotoms since it isn't necessarily worried about taking on krook on this team, so its able to invest fully into its special attack. It is worth noting that Kyurem also gives the team a nidoqueen switch in, something that this team heavily values. The Bulu is the team's main wallbreaker running a disable set that makes it rather annoying to switch into as it keeps opposing mons weakened with its Leech Seed + Nature's Madness combo and is meant to keep the rest of the team healthy with its terrain. Chandy is the teams wincon running a flame charge set that not only gives the team some speed control, but also significantly improves the team's offense match up in checking mons like Scizor, Mamo, and Victini to an extent which are some of the more threatening mons for this team. Bulky Starmie is the hazard removal of choice since it provides the team with a much needed keldeo check and offers additional speed control. The next mon is the team's primary special tank being Stakataka. I chose this mon because it synergizes defensively with Bulu nicely and has a great matchup against a lot of the offense that is on the ladder currently against mons like Latias, Scizor, and Moltres-G, and even helps against the trick room matchup too. The final mon of the squad is Weezing-G there to set up t-spikes for bulu and kyurem to abuse with their subs, while also giving the team a required check to mons that bulu doesn't necessarily check like mamo, terrak, and the set up dragons.

Congrats to Crushy Stuff for winning the first week. For this round I want you to build a team around the following:

:ss/zarude-dada:

Zarude has picked up a lot of steam as of late with its Choice Scarf set. It has also been known in the past to utilize a Choice Band, Bulk Up, or simply a 3 attacks pivot set. Come up with your best builds that include Zarude. If you don't use the Dada form I will be very disappointed.

Deadline Friday

Last edited:

:ss/zarude-dada: :ss/slowking: :ss/thundurus: :ss/jirachi: :ss/mienshao: :ss/crobat:

I wanted to build this team around the core of Zarude and Slowking. It's a core where its members cover each others weaknesses pretty well and allows for easy pivoting. The one problem with this core, however, is that it's ironically very weak to U-Turn itself, so I had to find a Bug resist. I settled on Thundurus-Incarnate because it resists U-Turn, checks Flying-types for Zarude, and completes the Holy Trinity of Pivoting Moves with Volt Switch. I gave it the notorious mixed pivot set used in RU, but I replaced Grass Knot with Psychic so that it could hit Amoongus and Nidoqueen. Since this Zarude set doesn't run Jungle Healing, I wanted something that could give it that healing, and eventually went with Wish Jirachi. At this point I decided to fully lean into the pivoting aspect, which lead to my last two choices: Mienshao and Crobat. Mienshao forms a Psychic/Dark/Fighting core with Zarude and Slowking, and synergizes well with the latter as a Regenerator pivot. Finally, Crobat acts as a great defensive utility Pokémon, with Toxic to spread status, Defog to remove hazards, and an excellent defensive typing.

Last edited:

(I should do this for every team I do and put a song with it)

:ss/Chansey: :ss/Quagsire: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Zarude-Dada: :ss/Hatterene:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn
- Protect

Zarude-Dada @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Wanted to deviate from my usual team styles of offense oriented teams and attempt a semi stall one instead. I went with the 4 main elements of stall- being chansey to act as a rocker and eat special hits, quaqsire to help with set up sweepers thanks to Unaware, Salamence as a defogger and secondary physical tank, and Jirachi as a latias answer and wish passer. BU + Jungle Healing Zarude is a cool stall breaking win con I've seen be used in tournaments, and acts as a good offensive answer to things like azumarill, crawdaunt, slowking, krookodile, and rotom-wash. Lastly, Hatterene provides the team with a secondary wincon thanks to calm mind and runs a physically defensive set to help check things like Terrakion better.

(Since I guess this is a thing now?)

Zarude-Dada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- U-turn

Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Decided to participate in this even though I'm definitely team Godzilla. Anyways, besides Zarude being 15x bigger then every other pokemon sprite, it's unique ability to heal off status and hp makes it a good BU users imo to break stall. I paired it with Scarf Jirachi cuz it baits in Skarmory, which sits on BU Zarude, and can Trick/Fire Punch Skarmory. Jirachi also gives the team a Latias check, as well as insurance vs the likes of stuff such as Terrakion or Scizor. Next, I went for Rotom-Heat, as Jirachi being a steel that can't come in on U-turn is stupid. It also helps vs Zeraora, normal SD scizor, and having t-wave on it is really nice for Latias as well. I opted for Kommo-o as my next pokemon due to it's ability to wallbreak and set rocks, while also helping me not get 6-0d by Knock Off. Bulletproof is also nice for Chandy, which is always appreciated. Skarmory gives the team another Ground immune, Spikes (which are important for breaking Tangrowth/Amoonguss), a way to beat more Scizor, as well as a way to punish Knock Off users, such as Azumarill. Finally, Tentacruel helps me not autolose to Azu and Primarina, while also giving me hazard control and a Knock Off user of my own. 3 Attacks Latias eats your ass, but its broken, so I don't care. Just T-waving it and then hoping Zarude/Jirachi can beat it to death usually works.

Rae

valiance and vigor
(yes, this is now a thing.)

:ss/zarude: :ss/zeraora: :ss/scizor: :ss/slowking: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/rotom-heat:

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Darkest Lariat

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Volt Switch

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Pain Split

Zarude is a very funky monkey in the current meta. Dada's Scarf set is able to outrun things like Lati, Zeraora and even Scarf Krook. With Base 120 Attack and 105 Speed, as well as good bulk, Dada is able to slam many relevant Pokemon in tier. This team is pretty standard, I will admit, but it's done me quite well.

After last week, I've learnt the power of Zeraora. Not only is it a top dog in the meta, it helps make a piece of the volt-turn puzzle with Dada. I prefer Play Rough nowadays to hit the defensive dragons, as i'm going to just want to Volt Switch out to Rotom-H.

I'll admit to something right now...I never used Scizor before using this team. Like Zera, my eyes have been opened and I now see the power of this metallic mantis. The SD set breaks through so many things in the tier and i was never aware of this mon's strength. U-turn let's us get out of sticky situations, and knock does what it does, no explanation needed.

Slowking, Kommo-o and Rotom form a defensive backbone for the team. Slowking can use Future Sight to help any of the first three's breaking potential, while being able to eat up hits and teleport out to any which mon you chose. Kommo-o sets up SR and also eats up hits like a certain pink nintendo character at a buffet (hint: not Jigglypuff). Rotom-H gives us a fire type. That's the main reason I put it on the team. ASIDE form being a Fire type, it can defog away hazards, deal with Celesteela, Jirachi and Scizor (kind of) and gives us ANOTHER mon to run volt switch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)