Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pokepast.es/bb3c8886eb127e4b

Skarm is built with hazard stack in mind... so it is paired with hippo for maximum chip damage. Hippo also helps dealing with most electric, fire, and special attacks due to the massive sp. def ev's and can take on many pokemon it would otherwise would be weak to. Hippo provides rocks as well so it is able to help skarm with phasing pokemon in and out to wear them down. Hydreigon is the main abuser of the spikes as many pokemon such as bulu, prim, chansey, nihilego, cobalion, keldeo, and many more can force it out or check it but with spikes they get worn down much faster which means it forces progress much faster and can break through said counters. Scizor is for abusing spikes to as common checks and coutners all get worn down by them and it can force a lot of progress that way isntead with knock removing lefties, boots, helmets and can take advantage of it by SD'ing late game and cleaning house due to the hazards wearing down al of its counters. Slowking allows future port to abuse spikes as it can force even more switches and force even more damage such as on pokemon such as av tang, coba, rotom-h, and some more, it also helps hydreigon deal with fairies and fighting types that it would struggle against. Zarude helps round out the team by giving the team some sort of speed control, it also helps vs aegi, water, and dark types of the tier. It can use u-turn to get in its teammates to abuse the spkes

:skarmory: :nihilego: :dhelmise: :zarude: :raikou: :primarina:

https://pokepast.es/94561f9c451be1e2

I wanted to build a stacking hazard team with Skarmory who can sets spikes and wears down many defensive threats. Nihilego forms a great stacking hazard core with him with his ability to beat defoggers like Salamence or Mandibuzz and hinders Aegislash with knock off. Dhelmise helps the team with rapid spin, checks well Zygarde and prevents Excadrill to remove hazards. Then I wanted some mons to abuse of hazard and UUPL matches gave me the idea to play choice band Zarude and choice specs Raikou. This two mons form a powerful VoltTurn core who can make great damages when hazards are on the ground. Separately Zarude is a good ghost resist and another Zygarde check, Raikou pressures many flying types of UU and provides speed control with his great speed. Sub CM Primarina checks Keldeo,Hydreigon and act like a win condition when its checks are removed.

Last edited:

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

https://pokepast.es/765a9d133e06a7c8

I wanted to get a team that took advantage of Spikes well. Zygarde now becomes harder to keep in check, as Chansey and Amoonguss now risk being 2HKOed by Thousand Arrows from the Spikes. Thundurus can end up getting really annoying with Spikes up, as it can almost endlessly pivot around for the entire game without being punished. Entei really appreciates the Spikes support to have its Sacred Fire still pack a punch even without the Choice Band, letting it switch up moves and be more flexible. AV Tangrowth is always a good consistent wall. Tentacruel is the spinner for the team and really helps the Keldeo match up.

Congrats to pokemonisfunl for winning and thanks for the submissions! Next up is an old gen building week...

:rs/kangaskhan: :rs/omastar: :rs/haunter: ADV UU :rs/scyther: :rs/vileplume: :rs/armaldo:

ADV UU has seen a lot of experimentation and play lately with the recent testing of NFEs and Armaldo in the tier. Previously, ADV UU has been a tier dominated by a single Pokemon to an uncommon degree (that Pokemon being Kangaskhan), but NFEs and Armaldo provide new ways to deal with Kangaskhan and teambuild in general. I myself am not the most knowledgeable about this tier, so I can't write too much here :worrywhirl: , but I hope you all have fun building in it anyway!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Advance UnderUsed format.
  • Not Fully Evolved (NFE) Pokemon and Armaldo may be included.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4).

:Glalie: :Electrode: :Electabuzz: :Kangaskhan: :Scyther: :Omastar:
https://pokepast.es/8dc37a1515bd93b1
A pretty standard glalie HO team. Glalie really shines as a spikes lead since it's decently fast while also having a strong boom to get itself off the field and go out with a bang (or a boom I should say). Bright powder is the item of choice so glalie can potentially dodge random hits and get more layers of spikes up (please ban this monstrosity of an item). Electrode's speed gives the team a great safety net against tentacruel and non salac berry scyther, and it being so fast means it can easily afford to run a +spa nature to make it more threatening and it can afford some attack investment. The given ev spread maximizes it's special attack, and makes it so sub takes exactly 25% of electrodes health, allowing for the quickest activation of petaya berry. It also outruns base 115's. It probably could afford to go with a lower amount of speed invest since not much over base 105 sees play besides trode itself, but the extra speed doesnt hurt and could help in opposing trode mu's. For my second electric, I went with electabuzz over the more common manectric. I did so partly out of personal preference (I love buzz as a mon and wanted to make a team for it), and partly because I believe buzz's advantages over manec are enough to warrant its use here over it. With the combo of hp grass (which manec cannot afford) and toxic, it can beat lanturn one on one without issue, unlike manec, which means electrode can be saved to blow up on a more valuable target like kangaskhan or ampharos. It also has MUCH better special bulk and about the same hp and physical defense (it's marginally lower, but it doesn't make a massive difference), so it has an easier time switching in on special attackers than manec, and although its spa is somewhat lower, its still fairly strong, and its spa is enough for most other things. Kang is on the team because, well, it's kang. It's a must have on every team, and theres no real reason not to use it. I went with a standard 3 attacks + rest set here with adamant. Scyther Provides the team with another speedy attacker, and another nightmarish user of bright powder. I went with hp flying here over hp bug so as to not lower it's speed iv, and went with silver wind as it's bug stab. Sub gives it protection while it sets up, and is super devilish if it dodges something with bright powder and get's a sub up. The last mon I added was RD Oma. Once rain is up, with spikes down it's absolutely horrifying to switch into its rain boosted stab surf. Ice beam lets it hit grasses, and hp grass lets it hit opposing omastar and lanturn.

Bright Powder is busted AF

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:armaldo: :ampharos: :tentacruel: :kangaskhan: :scyther: :haunter:
https://pokepast.es/f189ee07b68f5d76

This is sort of how I imagine spikeless bulky offense will shape up should Armaldo + NFEs be freed.

I believe that Armaldo will be exceptionally impactful. A normal resist that can immediately force progress against Kang/Oma/Plume structures and at the same time is bulky enough to avoid being easily revenge killed (and can't be crit) is insanely valuable - especially when backed by Wish + Heal Bell support from Kangaskhan and Ampharos like it is here. It even matches up well against most of the common leads. I opted for Jolly so that you get the jump on random stuff around 200 and, most importantly, other Armaldo. Scyther forms a devastating double Bug attacking core with Armaldo and the two don't even necessarily need Spikes to blow holes. As for the rest of the team, it's fairly standard, really, so I won't go into much detail. Instead, I'd like to talk a bit about Haunter and its effect on the metagame as likely the best new NFE. While I'm not sure yet how healthy Armaldo will be, I think Haunter should very much prove to be a positive presence. A pivot into conventional fat Kang that's unaffected by Spikes is a godsend for teams such as these and should allow structures located conceptually in between fat Plume balance and hyper offense to flourish some more without being forced into one specific build (Ampharos + Granbull comes to mind). Additionally, its presence will deter Linoone usage or at the very least force the use of Jolly, which in turn makes Linoone more manageable defensively. Yet it's only a middling spinblocker at best due to its horrendous bulk, which is why I don't believe that it will elevate HO to new levels. Tentacruel will simply stop greeding Modest with it around and that should be that (hopefully). Still, being able to trade against anything that's slower with Destiny Bond or Explosion is certainly a powerful trait and should make for interesting interactions. Also, I don't see the emergence of Haunter mandating Shadow Ball on fat Kangaskhan at all since, here for example, it just generates turns for Ampharos which has solidified itself as one of the top dogs lately and matches up quite well into Haunter too. In any case, this is my take on Armaldo + Haunter and I'm excited for what the future holds for this tier.

Congrats to esche for winning and thanks for the submissions! Returning to SS, the next theme is...

Crobat

Crobat has a unique place in the current SS meta. Its most valuable trait is of course its blinding-fast speed, allowing it to blow by some of the speediest Pokemon in UU, like Azelf and Zygarde-10%. Crobat crucially also has access to U-Turn for fast pivoting, Roost to keep itself healthy, Defog to remove hazards, and Brave Bird for a strong STAB hit, even without heavy investment. Additionally, Crobat has great natural bulk for such a fast Pokemon, allowing it to switch into a fair few hits before going down, and improving its potential as an offensive pivot. Finally, since Crobat is so naturally fast, it has a lot of freedom in where it allocates its EV investment, and its user can opt for a bulkier or more offensive set freely. Crobat does have some weak points, though. While it is faster than Zygarde-10% and Azelf, it can't switch into them easily, since it fears their super-effective STABs. Crobat can have a lot of trouble vs. physically bulky Steel-types, and is usually forced to pivot out against them. Crobat also cannot check Primarina and Azumarill well, despite its Poison typing, thanks to their offensive potential to overpower it, necessitating other (usually non-Poison-type) checks to these Pokemon elsewhere on the team. Crobat is also a big Volt Switch magnet, letting in users of the move relatively unscathed. In the face of these flaws, Crobat has still shown itself to be a worthy pick, however, so let's build some great teams for it!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • The team must include Crobat.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 13, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4).

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/b073c8050476edd7

:thundurus-therian::zarude::crobat::cobalion::slowking::mamoswine:

Volt-turn offense:

Crobat provides speed to an otherwise standard offense so I have something faster than Azelf and Zygarde-10%. It also provides hazard control and complements the several pivots on the team with U-Turn. It's an important check to Keldeo because Slowking cannot beat Substitute sets with Future Sight. Although Hippowdon can't hurt Crobat effectively, Crobat can't do much back and gets chipped by Recoil/sand so Thundurus has Grass Knot to help beat it and Mamoswine can use Hippo as a launching pad for Icicle Crash. Cobalion and Zarude resist several of Crobat's weakness like Ice, Electric, Rock and Psychic.

https://pokepast.es/39e7123678e7020c

this team is all about keeping up the pressure and never giving the opponent their turn. Every teammate can pivot out ot make sure that the opponent cannot just hard switch to their counter and get momentum back.

Crobat is on this team as it can threaten fast pokemon as 130 is very very fast for UU standards and can outspeed and force out many pokemon that the team may sturggle to keep in check such as azelf, noivern, salazzle, and can pivot out vs raikou to make sure that it never can abuse crobat. Crobat is mainly used as it can deny recover opportunities, removing hazards, and the potential to setup and threaten sweeeps. This is all about keeping momentum so if you lose hazards it is much harder to force chip damage on the opponents so with taunt it is essential to never let pokemon remove it. the team pressures exca all around and crobat can even u-turn on the anticipated hard switch to another teammate to get the turn back.

Thundy-t and zarude are pretty much mandeotry on volt turn since they are able to force out their checks. Crobat reinforces it even further by being able to pressure the grass types which they are going to struggle to break through. Thundy-t also helps crobat deal with skarm / celesteela as they are a pain for crobat to go through as they can easily rack up helmet chip or leech seed + slam damage and thundy-t helps a lot in abusing them for free turns / crippling them. Zarude is used for being a great awnser for many pokemon and a great offensive check to many as well such as exca, thundy-t and nihilego which can otherwise pressure the team.

Scizor is used for being able to open holes in the opponents as knock + u-turn wears down many pokemon and can force a lot of chip such as skarm, amoonguss, hippo, celesteela, and more coming in on rocks and u-turn which allow teammates to keep them low and never let them get their health back.

Keldeo is used for being able to abuse holes as end game keldeo is very scary to deal with especially with limited awnsers in the tier once they are worn down. Keldeo spamming hydro pump late game while slowking or prim is low is pretty much an instant kill as they were worn down throught the game. It can also be used early game to take advantage of them such as bringing in thundy-t or zarude on prim, slowking, and av azu.

laslty swampert is used for being a ground type rocks setter that can pivot that isnt called chansey. It is a sp. def ground type which can make sure the opponent can never get their turn. Yawn is such a good tool for this team as it can allow the team to abuse a sleeping pokemon to get their turn. Yawn pretty much makes it our turn instantly and makes it so they either switch our and get flip turned on or stay in and get slept and be easily abusable for the teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)