Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Decided to go with 3 attacks + Knock Off because it's a cool tech that allows you to punish standard switch-ins, such as Celesteela or Slowking. I decided to really double down on punishing fat with Scarf+Toxic Keldeo, which really butchers AV Tangrowth/Slowking builds, while also keeping the offense matchup decent. Skarmory is the knock answer, while also handling threats like Krookodile and Scizor. Spikes, however, are the main reason for Skarmory being here, since I have 3 Knock users, Spikes are sure to be effective. I decided to try a tech with my fourth slot, being Bulk Up last rocks Krook. Bulk Up + Chople allows you to punish standard stuff like non-whirlwind Skarmory, Bulk Up Zeraora, Terrakion, and so on, by boosting out of KO range, and making Krookodile actually a threat. Still does Rocks Krook things, and Taunt is easily slappable in the fourth slot if you find yourself not liking Bulk Up. Last 2 slots are the rest of the backbone, as Tentacruel+Tangrowth handles a bunch of other threats, such as Azumarill. Only major issues this build has is Kommo-o, which is stupid mon anyways, mixed Victini, which is broken, and doesn't do particularly well vs unmon Mimikyu HO's. Also offensive Salamence 6-0s defensively.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Delicate (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Gorgeous (Victini) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

King Of My Heart (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

So It Goes... (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

End Game (Kommo-o) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Getaway Car (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Teambuilding process
When we got Alakazam to build with, I knew an offensive team would be easier to build with.

I went for an AOA set since I could never find opportunities to setup with Nasty Plot since zam is so stupid frail. Psychic+Focus Blast is basically perfect coverage and Knock Off is very nice even for other teammates.

I added Victini next to give it some U-turn support and also to burn to a crisp all the Steel-types, especially Jirachi and Celesteela. I've been liking Energy Ball a lot on Victini, since it doesn't let Slowking, Krook, etc for free unlike Glaciate.

Bulu was then added to give us a switch-in to stuff like Daunt, Azu, Zera, etc. I prefer running Megahorn in place of Zen Headbutt since it actually does damage to Tangrowth and still does a good chunk to Amoonguss.

sdbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpb + knock jirachi + bug bite tang

Been wanting to try offensive rocks clanger for some time now, and from the games I've played, it put in work everytime. Not having flame for Scizor was kind of annoying at times but CC hits stupidly hard anyways. It gives us another Crawdaunt and non-Play Rough Zeraora switch while also giving us Stealth Rock.

Lastly comes Mr. Volt Switch. Adamant Zera is honestly the shit and hits noticeably harder than Jolly. I went for Play Rough + Knock Off here and it worked, but Blaze Kick is just as good for the Grass-types. Gives us some good Speed control since the only really fast other teammate is Alakazam.

:ss/alakazam: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/tentacruel: :ss/krookodile: :ss/zeraora: :ss/kyurem:

Sorcererz (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

Submission (Kommo-o) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Superfast Jellyfish (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Dirty Harry (Krookodile) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Charger (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Volt Switch

Glitter Freeze (Kyurem) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

OK ngl this was probably the trickiest week to build so far simply because I have not used Alakazam in this tier before lmaoooo. So yeah I had a lot of trouble at first. I toyed with a screens team with Nasty Plot Alakazam at first, but everyone and their dad was doing Nasty Plot Zam. Instead, I decided to be a bit more heat and build around Focus Sash Counter Alakazam. The idea is simple: it lures in powerful physical attackers like Scizor and Krookodile, lives on 1 with the Focus Sash, obliterates them with a Counter, then uses its coverage to take out as many mons as it can before it goes down. Next I wanted a Fighting-type to deal with Dark-types, so I went with Clangorous Soul Kommo-o. With Latias gone, Kommo-o is better than ever, and it destroys everything after a Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray. It does have trouble with hazards, though, so I needed a hazard remover. I went with Tentacruel to form a Psychic/Fighting/Poison core. It also sets its own hazards in Toxic Spikes, which provides more chip for Alakazam and Kommo-o to do their thing. Krookodile is next, and it provides even more chip with Stealth Rock, as well as being able to get rid of items with Knock Off and force switches with Intimidate. Zeraora takes care of bulky Waters and Celesteela, which this team struggles with, as well as being able to bring in Alakazam and Kommo-o with Volt Switch. The last member of the team is SubRoost Kyurem, which takes care of Ground and Grass types so that Tentacruel and Krookodile can set up their hazards more easily.

Congrats to avarice for winning last week.

:ss/Toxtricity: :ss/zeraora:
This week I want you to build around the concept of type spam. You must have at least two Pokemon that share the same typing. An example of this may be building around the core of Toxtricity and Zeraora because they both share an Electric typing, this core also being somewhat effective as Toxtricity can break through a majority of Zeraora's defensive checks. You are free to choose the typing you wish to build around and the Pokemon you opt to use to fulfill it. I'd recommend deciding on the core before you start building. You have till the end of Friday, hf.

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- High Horsepower
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

I went with a type spam core that'll send shivers down player's spines: Kyurem + Mamoswine. Two of the most obnoxious pokemon ever to be made, each with their own form of reeking havoc, which just happens to work really well together. The two can wear down their collective checks really well, being able to Knock them and then PP stall them, or just hit them with attack after attack. Unfortunately, Ice typing is garbo, so I needed 4 other mons. Jirachi was originally my rocker, but later on I lacked speed control, so sets were swapped around, and Jirachi ended up being the speed control. Jirachi as speed control is probably actually better here, as between it and Mamoswine's Ice Shard, the majority of UU threats are covered. Healing Wish is nice to bring something back and U-turn to bring in teammates is also very good for both Mamo and Kyurem. Rotom-Heat gives the team a ground immunity, a Scizor check, as well as another pivot. Rotom-H appreciates Mamo/Kyurem threating Grounds and Dragons that would usually take advantage of it. Tapu Bulu gives the team a wincon, another ground resist, as well as an actual defensive check to Azumarill. Finally, Tentacruel gives the team a backup Scizor+Azu check, as well as hazard control, and provides a pivot into Celesteela, which annoys Mamoswine and Kyurem both due to Mamo not carrying Icicile Crash.

THE BUG BAND

:ss/Scizor: :ss/Scolipede: :ss/Araquanid: :ss/Heracross: :ss/Durant: :ss/Golisopod:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Scolipede @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Toxic
- Liquidation

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- First Impression
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

So I started with a core of Scizor + Scolipede here to really get the Bugs underway. Then it occurred to me that I really needed something to absorb fire attacks, both physical and special at the same time. Chandelure was an easy option sure. But then I dug deeper and realized that Araquanid with a fully specially defensive investment could handle these, as well pretty much any special attack. Since I now had webs support, I thought a Moxie sweeper would be great, but I also wanted something with Fighting Stab. The only thing that could achieve this was Heracross, so I slotted that in. Also, another set up sweeper seemed like a good idea, so I ended up using Durant since it is really OP on webs, and after Hone Claws it will OHKO everything in the tier except Skarmory. Finally, I wanted a Spikes setter, but also wanted more priority. Golisopod seemed to handle this quite well. And then, before I knew it, my core of 2 bugs ended up being 6 bugs! WOW! Isn't life wonderful?

EDIT: Here's a replay of me using this team on an alt on ladder with Showdown algorithm matching me up against a mono-fire team: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1283407047

Last edited:

:ss/Salamence: :ss/Kommo-o: :ss/Zarude-Dada: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Tentacruel: :ss/Jirachi:

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Toxic

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

I wanted to do Dragon spam for this week, so I went with 3 attacks Salamence and Mixed Rocks Kommo-o. 3 attacks mence is super good and easily is the best Salamence set, being able to hit nearly everything in the tier and have reliable recovery in roost. It can beat common Pokemon like tangrowth, amoongus, opposing Kommo-o, keldeo, kyurem, and Scizor. Kommo-o is the teams hazard setter and can pull through often thanks to it's mixed wallbreaking capabilities, having clanging scales as the primary attack and close combat to KO unsuspecting chansey. Zarude acts as the team's speed control and pressures all the water, psychic, rock, and ground types in the tier. Also because I'm tired of scarf krook and monke. The rest provide a defensive backbone to the team, with Jirachi dealing with types like Dragon, fairy, and ice that threaten the core as well as keeping the team healthy with wish. Tenta helps answer primarina and azu while also proving hazard control, and rotom heat helps deal with steels easier and can provide momentum with Volt Switch. It also can feel free to run toxic with tentacrule being able to spin away hazards

:scizor: :krookodile: :crawdaunt: :amoonguss: :salamence: :zeraora:
click the sprites for importable

I chose to build around Dark Spam out of laziness, Krook being such a staple in so many teams right now that it didnt even feel forced to include it as a Crawdaunt's partner. The sets are pretty straightforward, LO Daunt is a clicker mon and I enjoy those a lot, Ice beam is able to take out Salamence which is a very big threat to the team otherwise, and can pressure some fat grasses. Scarf Rocks Krook is a personal favorite of mine, being able to role compress a lot, bring hazards, speed control and check key threats like Zeraora, Nidoqueen and non scarf Rachi. Scizor was my first choice to add to the core, being able to get some Uturns for Crawdaunt and check annoying stuff for the core, both offensive threats like Kyurem and Zarude and defensive answers like Tapu Bulu or Tangrowth. Amoonguss acts as a secondary grass check, Spore spreader, and it allows to keep some offensive threats in checks like Fightings, Scizor and Zeraora. Mence rounds up the defensive core, being able to check some Victini sets, Gyara and Scizor to some extend and Krookodile. Zeraora as a last slot felt good, bringing both pivoting, some form of speed control and a way to pressure Salamence and Kommo-o with Play Rough.
The team has some defensive holes, notably a tough Mamoswine/Kyu+zone matchup, it hates broken tini being broken and it has a weakness to some Jirachi sets, but it overall works fine as long as you can manage to keep the momentum.

Last edited:

:ss/zeraora: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/victini: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/salamence:

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost

OK remember when I said that last week was the hardest week to build? Yeah this week increased the difficulty and then some. I originally wanted to do Dark spam because its my favorite type but I had a lot of trouble with weakness stacking. Then I tried DragMag but also had problems with weakness stacking. Then monky25 and Laevin sniped me so I had to do something else. I eventually settled on Electric spam with a core of Zeraora and Rotom-Wash. Rotom-Wash takes care of Ground-types like Krookodile and Mamoswine that plague Zeraora while also forming a nice Volt Switch core. However, this core still struggles greatly with bulky Grasses. This made Victini a natural pick for the third slot, as well as adding on to the pivot spam with U-Turn. Tangrowth completes the FWG core while also providing some nice defensive glue. Rhyperior serves as the rocker as well as a switchin to Rotom-Heat. Finally we have Salamence, which deals with Fighting-types like Keldeo and Kommo-o while also providing some hazard removal. Kyurem does give this team a lot of trouble, but it's still a pretty solid bulky offense squad.

The Crew of the Black Pearl (Water + Dark Hyper Offense)

:ss/Azelf: :ss/Toxtricity: :ss/Bisharp: :ss/Gyarados: :ss/Tapu Bulu: :ss/Crawdaunt:

Elizabeth (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Flamethrower

Captain Jack (Toxtricity) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Boomburst
- Shift Gear

The Black Pearl (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

The Kraken (Gyarados) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip

Tortuga (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Synthesis

Barbarossa (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Avast ye, this swashbuckling crew be featurin' TWO types bein' spammed for some ghastly Water- and Dark-type offense. Me first mate Azelf sets up hazards and prevents the landlubbers on the bowside from setting up theirs. Buccaneer Bisharp can use its Steel typing to come in on resisted hits an' set up a Swords Dance. There's nary a man that be wantin' to take its boosted Iron Head + Knock Off, an' if they try to pull a fast one on ol' Sharp, it also be carryin' strong priority in Sucker Punch. Any privateer will be thinkin' twice about swabbin' the deck of hazards thanks to its Defiant ability too. Toxtricity be the lone special attacker for this team, and every scurvy Pocket Monster that not be Ground type or that scallywag Chansey fears it after Toxtricity hoists the colours and boosts up. Yarr, I hear ye be sayin', those Ground-types are liable to cause ye to abandon ship before ye can sweep their crew. This be where other the 3 members of the team come in. Gyarados the Kraken can smash their ship to smithereens after a boost, and the old sea dog only gets stronger with each ship sunk. Ground type attacks will not be sendin' this pirate to Davy Jones' Locker thanks to its secondary Flying type, providin' an immunity for the team. Gyarados be a tough one, havin' respectable bulk to take a hit in order to Dragon Dance or live a hit from a faster attacker after a boost. Tapu Bulu checks that bilgerat Zeraora for the team, and keeps me lads from walkin' the plank early with the passive recovery from Grassy Terrain. This be havin' a hidden treasure in weakenin' Earthquakes too. Tapu Bulu resists and threatens other Water-types that be covetin' our plunder. Our captain be Life Orb Crawdaunt, which like Buccaneer Bisharp can deliver baneful STAB attacks and packs priority with its blunderbuss Aqua Jet. The captain be gettin' slow in its old age, but this be a treasure in disguise. The captain can batten down the hatches against Trick Room teams with its slow speed and use Water attacks shiver the timbers of the common Trick Room abusers Alolan Marowak and Stakataka. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
:ss/mew: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/victini: :ss/salamence: :ss/haxorus: :ss/magnezone:
felicity (Mew) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

earth (Kommo-o) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Overcoat
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower

seraphims (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit

dragons (Salamence) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

versace (Haxorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

cybiko (Magnezone) @ Magnet
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
I wanted to avoid a basic structure that had the same types out of convenience and not as the focus of the team and ended up with this dragon spam. I started with Salamence + Magnezone + Haxorus. Salamence and Magnezone is nothing new, Zone traps Celesteela and Skarmory enabling Salamence to runs STABs + EQ safely. Magnezone helps with Scizor matchup and can para things too. Haxorus is for the stall matchup and appreciates Zone bringing it in on stuff like Chansey. Haxorus is not useless vs offense with Scale Shot too. The Mew set is something new I've been trying out to pressure slower teams without Amoonguss since it was not easy to set up regular Spikes often. Toxic Spikes are generally much more annoying for offense on ladder as well. Flare Blitz helps with Scizor, Jirachi, and Venusaur while getting Mew into Custap range. Kommo-o is another Dragon-type sweeper that has been getting a lot of hype with its special soul set. It has great coverage and strength with soul boost + throat spray. Choice Scarf Victini is great for keeping up momentum between U-turn and Final Gambit. It is essential as a mon that won't drop to Ice Shard and can remove Zeraora and Krookodile early.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/2241024a6c8fb28c

This team uses the combo of zeraora and rotom heat to form a double electric core. Zeraora attracts the attention of electric types attacks aimed at slowking from rotom appliances and victini's bolt strike. Rotom heat prevents krook, mamoswine, and nidoqueen from spamming their ground stabs and using volt switch to pivot around and bring its teammates in, toxic to cripple opposing mons such as krook, kommo-o, and the rotoms who want to come in and sponge up their attacks. Pain split is to give it recovery against mons such as krook, celesteela, and chansey. Slowking is the main mixed wall of the team, absorbs hits from pokemon such as rotom's, salamence, nidoqueen, and terrakion close combats and earthquakes. Future sight applies a lot of pressure on the opponent and forces them to play around it. While sclad pressures many mons with a burn. Teleport is a pivot move which allows slowking to bring teamates in safely. Krookidile is the main rocker of the team, provides intimidate support, and provides a lot of support with knock off + intimidate. It is the second electric immunity of the team because zeraora isnt a mon u want to rely on as ur elec immunity. Bulu provides grassy terrain for the team providing consistent recovery to everyone on the team barring rotom, to help their ability to function in the game by recovery minor chip damage. It is also a breaker by providing SD + horn leech to break through teams that lack a resist or it is weakened enough. It can also switch into specs keldeo as well and is the main knock absorber since it can recover any damage off with synthesis and boots are not mandatory for its viability. Kyurem helps break bulky teams with pressure, and sub roost. Freeze dry gvies it something against water types such as rotom wash, tentacruel, and azumarill, while earth power helps against victini and steel types. defog on this team is not necessary because most mons have boots or resist it. Also we do not have that many viable defoggers in the tier. So I decided using boots will just help against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)