Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's a small number of votes this week that actually are causing a 3 way tie currently, we'll need a couple extra votes in. I'll update it when I wake up; please vote for only Twilight, Smallsmallrose, or Scizorphobic's teams.

Since Smallsmallrose's and Twilight's teams seem to still be tied and I like both, I did this, sorry ;_;

(it was in a private room, I didn't wanna !pick in UU)

And with that, Smallsmallrose edges out this week, probably because the damage this team takes is halved. Congratualtions!

We're really running out of ideas here, huh? This week we've got Froslass. Not much to say other than it gets Spikes up very fast and dies... Anyhow, throw your best Frosslass HO in the ring this week. Or something else if you've somehow received a divine vision of how to build Frosslass stall. Get em in by Saturday night!

First of all ima say that was rigged, jk. This is the first HO offense team I recently built, but I am still not too familiar with this playstyle so don't judge >.<
I've had pretty good success with this team tbh, but then again I could just be getting lucky with how I have been mashing buttons. So I wanted to build around Zydog because I think this thing is kinda underrated tbh, plus it easily abuses the fck out of the Rotom-H spam right now. I ended up using a pretty standard set with Iron Tail to bop fairy types even tho most take a good chunk from T-Arrows. I opted to use Glare because why not, it has helped in a lot of scenarios, especially as a last ditch effort and it can benefit some members on the team. Next I went with Froslass as it has been seing more usage and is a spinblocker. It helps me punish physical attackers with Wisp and Icy Wind which I guess gives more speed control. So I went with Adamant Sharpedo next as I had two potential speed controlling Mons already. EQ was opted to help vs Cobalion and Bisharp which wall this otherwise and can be scary. Scizor is the next member which is another cleaner alongside Sharpedo, I opted for the Knock Off + QA set to handle Doublade and punish bulky fire mons like Ape or Moltres plus priority is always nice. So kommo-o was finally added as my SR user and I opted for Taunt to keep my hazards up and annoy both set-up and bulky Mons alike. Finally I added Togekiss because my inner BO kicked in and felt it necassary to have a switch into Hydreigon, Krook etc. Overall it has worked out nice as it gave me a ground immunity too. I went for Babiri berry because I am paranoid about Scizor as Zydog + Froslass are already susceptible to it, but maybe a standard Heal Bell set could work. The EVs let it live a Stone Edge from Krook after SR as well as Iron Head from Coba after rocks if your berry gets procked or knocked off already.

From testing I haven't had issues from other hazard setters like Sticky Web or certain Balance / Stall if played well. Anyways I hope you have fun with the team ^_^

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
150px-Platinum_Froslass.png200px-Steven_Metagross_Adventures.png200px-Crystal_and_Suicune.png220px-Azelf_Adventures.png230px-Winona_Altaria_Adventures.pngGladion_Silvally_Adventures.png
Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Metagross @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
I spent a fair amount of time trying to make froslass work on a bulkier squad without avail so here I am with Froslass screens. Mainly inspired by Roro's screens, it's been a fun HO. Metagross is often looked at as lackluster but it functions nicely as an sr + explosion mon that allows azelf to run screens. Vincune and Malt are standard mons that appreciate the extra bulk while setting up. Silvally-Goat (Ground) blocks Electric moves and can set up on Zeraora. Silvally also has decent bulk itself and may kill threats like Bisharp. As a powerful ground type, Silvally can break regen cores that give Malt and Vincune trouble too.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

https://pokepast.es/8f8173806e9030c1

started off with the standard sash froslass set. i wanted to make sash spam so i took the best sash user i know, mamoswine, and made it my rocker. i gave it stone edge to counter this rotom heat spam meta. then i added my second favorite sash user which is counter gengar. so right then and there i had a spiker rocker secondary spin blocker and all together three sash pokemon that can set hazards and claim ko's if necessary. i really needed a scizor check other than sashed pokemon so i selected talonflame to counterlead azelf and other froslasses and any pokemon that people were going to use to counterlead my froslass. shoutout to the person i saw on ladder who gave me the idea for talonflame. then i thought it would be interesting to make this taunt spam as well as sash spam. so i put taunt on both gengar and talonflame just to make sure rocks and spikes stayed up. next i needed a spinner because with three sashed pokemon and a talonflame there needs to be a spinner. i selected mega blastoise for the bulk and for a powerful special attacker. it also resists bullet punch which makes the scizor matchup nicer. finally i needed a cleaner and something that can switch in to latias. a steel type was also nice to add so i selected scizor and made it bulky for mega aerodactyl. fun team and thats pretty much it, enjoy!

Last edited:
FEAR IT YOU FOOLS! FOR THE SUPREME MEME STALL IS HERE! ERECT STATUES OF YOUR GODESS FROSLASS WHILE YOU CAN IN DUSCLOP’S PLACE!

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Disable
- Taunt
- Substitute

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Rest

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Soak
- Recover

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Hello fellow UU comrades! I have promised the coming of a Froslass stall and I have done it. The main use of Froslass on this team is to render the opponent useless by laying behind a Substitute and then preventing them from using any moves by taking a hit and then clicking Disable or using Taunt and if I’m against a big offensive threat, then Wisp it is! Now next up is the obvious Blissey that’s a necessary cleric for any Stall. It is able to heal up my Froslass or Mega Steelix if necessary. Of course I already say it but I have a much more defensive Mega Steelix with Fire Fang since this team doesn’t really have much to handle the ubiquitous Scizor and I find it to be a decent lure on fatter teams. It also sets up rocks and can be woken up with Heal Bell just in case. Rest is mostly on here because switching Blissey’s Wish into Mega Steelix is pretty dangerous due to the shared Fighting weakness and it also makes up that I have only one Wish passer. Now since I did want more countermeasures besides the Froslass meme against Terrakion, Slowbro finds itself here as a useful pivot with Rocky Helmet to repeadately chip the physical attackers that Slowbro switches itself into to make them easier Hydreigon and Toxic food. I now needed the obligatory Unaware user and with Froslass pseudo-disrupting PP, I have Pyukumuku to disrupt switching with the classic Block Toxic set (Pyukumuku is underrated on stall anyway give it a whirl soon!). Finally, I do not want to auto-lose against Chandelure so Hydreigon finally is here on the team as my removal and possible nuke with Dragonium in case I need to spend it. This stall team overall has a couple of tricks along with the shitty meme Froslass so I think I did well with my promise and did some justice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)