Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Twilight for winning this week in a close vote!

Sorry for being late again, I was somewhat lost for what to do this week since we've gone through a majority of viable and interesting picks in the metagame. So while we'll likely go through a lot of Pokemon again in the future, this week we'll be doing the opposite! For a dank week 69, this will be an unmon week, meaning that your team will need to contain at least one Pokemon at C+ rank or lower (this can include any unranked mons like Alolan Marowak and Durant too). Submissions will be due Sunday since we're behind the regular schedule.

"kids are like panthers / when they get caught in a definition / the world is ready for a new generation"​

ragazza magica (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 48 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

al chiaro di luna (Decidueye) (F) @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Swords Dance
- Protect

SBAM! (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

tempo (Rotom-Heat) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Toxic

non m'annoio (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

via con me (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

I'm so glad I can post this team! The concept of SD Protect Decidueye was given to me a hot while back when Moute posted about it here. Decidueye is one of my favourite mons from this generation if not one of my favourites of all times, so I immediately got into building something with it.
The star or the team was, of course, SD Protect Decidueye. Since it's able to scout what move Hydra or Krook are going to lock themselves into, this let Pokemon like Cobalion or Terrak be that much more threatening. The former was chosen despite I've tried the latter for a long time, but the team really lacked consistent Bisharp answers, so I went this this half-unset instead. Shuca lets Terrak take a hit from Krook and possibly remove it for Decidueye while also giving me the option to set up on Mamo or weakened Hippos. Not the best item on Coba in general but the z-move slot was already taken. I really like Stone Edge here cause Coba lures in Moltres very effectively and can get a surprise KO, granted it hits, for the next mon I'll talk about. DD Altaria came in next as a better way to deal with troublesome Dark- and Fighting-types to switch into as well as to give me a dedicated win con. I've went with my favourite set which is bulky refresh. The spread is simple, enough speed to outspeed Latias at +1, then max hp to ensure to be as bulky as possible. The defense investment lets me eat hits from Aero, Terrak and Krook pretty well. Rotom was next to give me a good Moltres switch-in as well as a defogger. It also works really well with Altaria since it generally makes dragons like latias or hydra come in to pivot into volt switch, which gives Altaria either a turn to set up or one to click return. At this point I needed rocks since Coba was running a sweeper set: Empoleon compressed the role of a good Primarina check, an Hydra check before Altaria mega evolved that didn't involve me risking my win-con as well as the rocker all in one. Roar is there to phaze out opposing refresh Altarias as well as Suicune. Krook was a no brainer since I needed immediate speed control and a ground-type.
I hope you like the team as well as the song! The nicknames come from a lot of his songs. The title means "I don't get bored". Thank you for reading all the way through, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
"I'll be the king of me always"
volcanion.gif
gengar.gif
scizor.gif
rhyperior.gif
latias.gif
altaria-mega.gif

So when submitting for this week I was debating between posting the team with Claydol, Barbaracle, or Entei but ultimately I went with an "unmon" that fit into a team well and didn't need to be built around-- in this case, Rhyperior. I started building the team around a core submitted by Twilight for Break This Team: Z Superpower Volc + HexGar. AV Scizor I've kinda been lazily slapping onto teams recently but I just love how it can tank so many hits and potentially cut a sweep short when the opponent expects to break with a Z. More importantly, though, it kept Mega Aero in line. With all three of my current team members resisting Grass-type moves, and having Volcanion as a water immunity, Rhyperior made a solid pick that could set up rocks, deal with Rotom-H, and be a handy tank in general. Seeing as Z Superpower Volcanion in tandem with Taunt Gengar made for a fine stall m/u already, I thought Adrenaline Orb Latias would be a really cool pick to work against offense and has been really helpful for opposing Manetric and Krookodile. Roost + BoltBeam further capitalized on Rhyperior stopping Rotom-H, but Draco/Icebeam/Hp Fire has worked well too. Defog Altaria gave me removal and another reliable answer to Krookodile. With Body Slam, Altaria could also spread paralysis which gives Volcanion more breaking opportunities against faster teams. The original concept behind the Volcanion + Gengar core was to spread status and ensure Gengar wouldn't have to run Willo. In practice it could be rather effective and satisfying to kill a paralyzed Aero with Hex. However, with Rhyperior's toxic being the only reliable status, it could be risky. I backpedaled a bit and switched the sets to be a tad more consistent with opting for Shadow Ball over Hex on Gengar, Frustration over Body Slam on Altaria, and having Counter over Toxic. Counter let Rhyperior potentially finish off an unsuspecting Gligar hoping Volcanion would switch in on Roost or Rhyperior could slam pokemon that would stomach a STAB move such as Mega Aggron, Krookodile, or Mega Shark. Both versions have been really fun to play with. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Volcanion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hex / Shadowball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic / Counter

Latias @ Adrenaline Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost / Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 72 SpD / 180 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam / Frustration
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog
721.png
094.png
212.png
464.png
380.png
10075.png

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So this is a fun team I made a few weeks ago after feeling like building with Crobat. Crobat's niche in UU is like non existent now after serp and loom and all those assholes dipped from the tier, but this core of refresh adamant malt + this neat bat set is something I came up with and have had moderate success with. Basically this malt set is walled by bulky steels while still denting them a bit w/ adamant nature. Super Fang Crobat lures in steels and chunks them, while Crobat is also able to take care of things like Amoonguss and fairies which can give malt trouble. The pair can collectively pressure stall very heavily on top of all this. Heattom made a lot of sense in the next slot since this core still struggles with actually switching into steels and needs hazard removal as well. Rotom-H also just supports malt so well by checking so much of the shit it struggles with like steels, Moltres, and fairies. Krookodile comes thru here to give speed control, pursuit support that can chip things like Doublade and trap Gengar/Chandelure which can trouble malt, as well as give an elec immunity. Doublade is the steel type of the team while it also gives a very sturdy fighting check to shit like rak and coba, while malt is capable of dealing with nape. It also checks lati to an extent. This next slot I scoured every tier to find the suitable role compression for... I needed rocks and a scald switch in since I didn't like relying on malt to hard switch into scalds and toxics n shit, that's not the most ideal thing. Other than that I wanted something to take pressure off of Rotom-H, something that can pressure bulky waters and birds (specifically Moltres). Cradily seemed like a decent fit and it actually worked pretty well for me thus far.

699.png028_01.png779.png758.png784.png641.png
<Click sprites for importable >
I haven't had too much inspiration when it has come to building recently so seeing as my research week team can also work here I'll just post that with a few beneficial changes. So I started with Bruxish which I've actually enjoyed a lot surprisingly. Standard SD set here with triple Atks. Anyways it's pretty frail so I added aurora veil meaning aurorus and Alolan Sandslash were added to the team. Also gives me hazard setter and rapid spin user. Freeze Dry + HP Fire is really nice on Aurorus for killing leading Scizor and Swamperts etc. So I originally had Celebi but I swapped it out with a different NP user, being Salazzle. This just better handles muscling through stall and really appreciates screens to set up. Poisinium-Z nukes something at +2 or +4 and HP Grass for killing Swampert and Quagsire. Pyuku also can't sit infront of Salazzle and beat it before it runs out of recovers. Oblivious means Taunt and shit cant stop you setting up. Swapped Cobalion out for Belly Drum Kommo-o as i didnt want to stack ground weaknesses so it has an easy time setting up on Hippowdon and Gligar etc. Also lets you handle krook better while still beating Bisharp. I have no real preference for its coverage options but I went with Fire Punch to break Togekiss and Doublade etc. Maybe P-jab or Ice Punch are better options but yeah I'm not too sure on this so use w/e you pref. Otherwise standard set which has ample oppurtunities to set up behind Sub and Veil. Finally we have Bulk Up Acrobatics Tornadus to take advantage of a potential Defog, the set is really fun to use even if it isn't the most practical option lol. But ive found it to be decent and knocking off eviolites from Doublade or Iapapa from Rotom etc is nice. Anyway hope you like this version of the team ^_^

*click here*
Alright people, this is some nice Froslass Lead HO. Froslass is a C+ pokemon currently in the UU metagame. I honestly like it better as a lead because it has an ability called cursed body, and it also gets to taunt/ will o wisp any of it's setters/physical attackers. I ran Icy wind over dbond on this set because it allows me to revenge pokemon way easier after the speed drop. Whether they are scarf or faster than all my pokemon. I added mamo as an electric immunity and Stealth Rock user. It also is p hard to switch into. Mega Sharpedo is a must have in any type of HO. It is such a great cleaner with it's 120 base stab move that can also lower defense. Im running Earthquake for Steels and Ice Fang for more coverage. Gengar was added as a revenge killer with scarf. One of the fastest scarfers you could run besides scarf lati, it also serves as a spin blocker.. Bisharp is used on this team to punish people for defogging away your hazards. Cobalion is my Scizor check (only reason why put him there). It has taunt to make sure nothing sets up on it and it's CM Fightinium Z to kill Mega Aggron faster and for other shit. I personally prefer it more than CM. Just imagine if it had Nasty Plot! I think that's all for this team. Hope you like it!

PSA: KEEP IN MIND THAT TOXICROAK ISNT C+ OR LOWER, THEREFORE THIS POKEMON IS NOT AN UNMON. THANK YOU.

Last edited:

Z-Fightingium Meloetta is used over z-celebrate as uu has an abundance dark type scarfers and priority and mons like Sharpedo-mega that outspeed Meloetta at +1, making it diffult to sweep with it. However, with fightingium-z, Meloetta can lure in dark types like krookodile and hydreigon on the switch in and steel types like empoleon, steelix-mega, or Aggron that expect the z-celebrate set and nuke them all. Psychic and shadow ball cover the tier pretty well. The team is set up to support meloetta’s breaking power. T-spikes tentacruel puts many mons on a timer, and helps wear down problematic mons like suicune and terrakion. Rotom heat gives the team pivoting options, helping it maintain some momentum. Thunder wave over toxic/will-o-wisp to cripple mons like scarf latias and hydreigon. Scarf-krookodile pursuit traps mons like gengar, chandelier and -2 Latios and provides the team with a solid revenge killer. Cotten guard-dragon dance altaria mega allows it to set up against mons like empoleon and Rotom-heat that will use status causing moves like scald and will-O-wisp to cripple it, but instead it fires back with boosted facades. Cotten guard prevent it from being revenge killed easily by Scizor or worn down by Aggron-mega’s heavy slams. Lastly, empoleon ties the team up with a solid Latias check and a stealth rock setter. Protect is an important move, allowing empoleon to tank hits like electrium-z Latias or Scout for choice mons trying to out-predict like terrakion, krookodile, or scizor. Knock off is used to cripple mons like primarina or zeraora that may attempt to switch in or wear empoleon down, though it could be easily replaced by toxic, which cripples switchins like Latias or hydreigon.

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Cotton Guard

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Protect
- Knock Off

1548036479112.png
1548036539616.png
1548036565227.png
1548036593685.png
1548036619740.png
1548036639396.png

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sludge Wave

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Taunt

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I ain't here just to post another unmon team. I'm here to post an entire un-team. I'm here to make you rethink the entire way to play UU. That's right folks, it's the return of Smallsmallrose's UU mono poison. Remastered for the new format. First, we got Weezing. Our lovely unranked Weezing. People sleep on this mon all the time. It bodies Scizor, Cobalion, Mamoswine, Krookodile, Aero-mega and so on. But unfortunately, it doesn't get any love for doing any of this. But it's ok, since this is unmon week. Next up, we have Muk. Muk is here to check Latias, because wooo boy would checking Latias be a completely different ballpark for this team otherwise. It's also here to check Gengar, really threatening mon right now with the sub set. It can also kinda check Hydra for the team if need be. This Muk has focus punch because Terrakion is by far the most threatening pokemon in the format and catching it by surprise is always hilarious. Speaking of Terrakion, Nidoqueen is here to stave both Terrakion as well as Zeraora and Manectric. It also sets rocks for the team. It's got flamethrower to be the team's emergency Scizor check should something god awful happen to Weezing, and ice beam to annoy Gligar and Zydogs. Next up, we have Tentacruel. It's the team's resident Primarina check, and a spinner since some rocks calcs actually do matter for this team. I also allowed it to have Knock Off for this squad since Empoleon is just about the most obnoxious thing since the invention of mosquitoes otherwise. Next up on the block, we have Crobat. It stallbreaks for the team with the taunt Super Fang set. It can help check bulkier grounds that would be otherwise trouble, And it also has a more important niche on this team specifically in being a very small check to Zydog, as it always takes one Banded Thousand Arrows from full and can retaliate with Flyinium Z, which is a very important trait since otherwise facing a Zydog with mono-poison is suicide. Last up, we have Nihilego. Nihilego is here to check Moltres, bother Rotom H, the whole shebang. It also checks Hydra for the team with dazzling gleam, and can check a rampaging Zydog with Hidden Power Ice. It revenge kills a lot of other annoying mons as well. Anyway, I hope you like this team of memes. Mono-Poison is fun to play in regular UU and I've done silly stuff on the ladder with this squad.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
cognaltrutions for winning, vivalospride the cradily man

vivalospride - 3
Sabbio - 2
Smallsmallrose / Twilight / KingofEmpoleons - 1
------------------------------------------

Doublade's been rising in popularity a good bit lately, seeing as it just rose to UU, and we'd like to capitalize on that by making everyone submit teams with the swords. It's a great check to many of UU's attackers, so it should be pretty easy to think of some teams for it. Good luck!

Please get your submissions in by Saturday.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Poisonium Z
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Belch

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Imprison

A revamp of a team I used to ladder with about two months ago, that is much better than the original one. The premise of the team is getting hazards asap and starting to break the opponent's team. Kommo-o is a reliable Stealth Rock setter on offense that also breaks holes in teams early-game. Hydreigon is mainly used as an offensive pivot against the kinds of Rotom-H and Krookodile, but its job is also to lure in Fairy-types and prevent Defog. Mega Altaria is my main answer to Dark-types and it also provides the team with a wincon that appreciates hazard stacking. Doublade is the mandatory Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and Cobalion check, and it also provides the team with another Mega Sharpedo check, which is why Sacred Sword is chosen over Shadow Claw. Magneton was needed as a form of weakening Steel-types like Scizor and Mega Aggron for the sweepers. It is also a pivot that comes in on Fairy-types, and surprisingly, a threat to offensive teams that don't utilize a Ground-type. The Klefki set is a bit weird, but it makes trapping Scizor and pivot around threats in general so much easier. Klefki also wants to set up hazards and die as soon as possible, so opposing setup sweepers don't use it as fodder.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Kommo-o @ Haban Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Taunt

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Tornadus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Might as well submit this team for this. I made a RMT on this team which is something that you should totally like if you haven’t already because this definitely isn’t some pathetic way to selfishly increase my already decent like/post ratio. I based this team around Tailwind Tornadus who is able to provide offensive support and utility to Bisharp and Crawdaunt so that they can outspeed everything and then spam buttons. So I’ll mostly keep it short here. Froslass is of course the easy offensive Spikes lead+suicide that is guaranteed to set-up at least one layer and this team is so anti removal that Froslass will often get the job done for the team. Kommo-o is of course the usual rocker on the new and improved HO builds like these who prevents set-up through Taunt and has a Haban berry because A. The Hydreigon matchup is slightly improved with it as you’ll see with the rest of the team B. Crawdaunt can now use Crunch to help it break through defensive mons with Z-Moves or Mega Stones and C. Fuck Hydreigon. Doublade shines on this team since it is the big bad blanket check for the whole team and offers that sweet Fighting check to my Dark-type breakers that seriously benefit from this. Doublade doesn’t have Gyro Ball and a Brave nature due to it being counterintuitive to Tailwind Tornadus (I know it’s Speed will still be shit but it helps in some scenarios). Now we have cool and underrated Pokémon Tornadus to set-up Tailwind and is using Z-Focus Blast to break through bulky Steels so much easier to ease up Bisharp and Crawdaunt. Now of course my big Tailwind abusers are my Dark-type breakers here who are a good type spam core OK! These two can wear down their checks relatively easy so it’s overall an easy team to use. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Here is my squad for this week. it wasn't built around Doublade originally but it includes it and I've had decent success with it. So originally I was running a Waterium-Z Latias but the team in general didn't really care about luring MegaLix etc so I just replaced it for MegaToise. Acts as my hazard removal and in general this Mon is annoying to switch into. Next I added Scarf krook for speed control and traps Gengar, Latias and Celebi. It is also my Volt Switch preventer and I'm using Crunch to ease the Latias match-up. Next is when I added Doublade as my Cobalion, Terrakion and Scizor answer etc and is my main late game cleaner. Next I added Sylveon as the team has a bunch of bulky Mons that don't have access to recovery so Wish support is really nice. It also checks the dragon types like Kommo-o etc. Next I added a Kommo-o of my own as I needed an offensive rocker that can also help vs Bisharp. Kommo-o is running a standard Dragonium set to nuke Tentacruel, Chesnaught and stuff. Finally added Rotom-H as ground immunity and my flying resist. As it doesn't need to run Defog I just added Pain Split.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Virizion.pngDoublade.pngMoltres.pngFlorges (1).pngGligar.pngMega_Blastoise.png
✿The Team❀
The idea of the team was building around Virizion + Doublade, as Virizion struggled with Mega Altaria and Latias but didn't mind taking Dark-type moves for Doublade. I wasn't too fond of Psychium-Z on Virizion since even at +2 Virizion can't OHKO fatter Steel-types like Mega Aggron with Close Combat; I wanted to use Fightinium if possible so Virizion doesn't get poisoned or phased out. Thus, breaking through Amoongus became a priority. Moltres did this reliably while applying pressure to Steel-types without needing a Swords Dance. With U-turn, Moltres could lure in Latias and pivot Doublade in too. At this point, all of my mons couldn't take a Scald and Mega Sharpedo could run through the squad. Florges was a nice pick that could switch into Scald, beat Mega Sharpedo as long as Florges isn't chipped too much, and could provide hazard removal. I debated between Wish and Aromatherapy on Florges and ultimately decided that Wish Support was more helpful overall as Doublade was my "required" Steel-type on the team and lacked recovery. Gligar could screw with Terrakion with Doublade as it puts CB Terrakion under more risk in regards to getting locked into Earthquake. Gligar serves as my Stealth Rock user too. Finally, Blastoise is able to provide that coveted secondary hazard removal that is pretty much mandatory for a Moltres team. Blastoise's breaking power is pretty solid as well. Hope you guys like the team, smashing stall with Virizion is mindless but satisfying. Charcoal > Life Orb on Moltres can be done but I like having both STABs boosted while still being able to switch moves.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-830963804

1548505374290.png

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Primarina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic

Here's a BO/Balance type thing with classic Fire/Water/Grass and Steel/Dragon/Fairy cores. It also has a Rhyperior, since I wanted to build with that mon in this format. Rhyperior heads off the team by being the team's major answer to Moltres (Since Rotom can die by a well placed Z-hurricane) as well as the team's Manectric answer. It also does fantastic against Rotom-H as a rocker, and it can battle Gligar as well with ice punch. Next up, we have Doublade, its the mon of the week, and a very major player of this team. It's the steel part of the steel/dragon/fairy core this team uses, it's a fantastic gluemon with the ability to check so much of the meta in one slot. Battling things like Terrakion, Latias, and so on makes it such a valuable asset to the team. Next up, we're using Primarina. it does what fat waters do, it does what fat fairies do, it links the fire/water/grass core with the steel/dragon/fairy one so that's pretty nice. It checks things like Hydreigon, Kommo-o, and some Crawdaunts, its a very good choice. Next up, we have Celebi. I really need to stop using Celebi, its my favorite stallbreaker. I put it on every other team it feels like. That said, I think Celebi is exceptionally good in this current meta, and it was my go-to pick in this team as a grass and a stallbreaker. Next up, we have Hydreigon. It's a dragon, its a scarfer, it revenges things, we all love Hydreigon. Last up, we have Rotom-H. Rotom-H should need no introduction, its a nice gluemon with defog. It's even nicer as a gluemon when you factor in that it doesn't have to battle enemy Moltres as often with Rhyperior's presence. Anywho, I hope you like the team! Its pretty standard truth be told but it's fairly solid all around, having lots of great matchups without stacking on too many unfavorable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)