Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D2P2 HD seems to have taken the vote this week, congratulations!

By request of Wascally Wabbit, this week we'll be doing Mega Pidgeot! A very potent special attacker in the current UU metagame, its high Special Attack, blistering 121 Speed, access to 100% accurate Hurricane thanks to No Guard, as well as a handful of useful options like Heat Wave, U-turn, Roost, Refresh, and Work Up, make it a dangerous threat to offense and defense alike. Despite all of its good traits, it finds itself with not many options against the ever looming Mega Manectric and Aerodactyl, as well as a lack of good tools to muscle its way past some more sturdy Flying resists like Nihilego and Empoleon. In addition, Normal typing softens up Pidgeot to Breloom's Mach Punch, meaning that a strong onslaught of priority attacks from the likes of Scizor, Breloom and Azumarill, can still take down Pidgeot, even on teams who are ill-prepared for it. Submissions due Saturday!

497DD5F7-4383-434D-88BF-CAA9FB96A888.gif
DD290956-9390-4B07-9CBC-A1F14910BD52.gif
1E416B4E-2FC9-469D-9AD9-810D31027AD6.gif
6AB4B998-089F-48D1-8712-51BCE0091CB2.gif
E348A9E1-911D-4D7C-818D-D43BBE06A0CE.gif
50E0CEBB-689A-4DC2-8EC9-5D15E7C5C8C4.gif

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Amoonguss @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

This is a team I built a couple of weeks ago around the PidgeMag offensive core. Pidgeot’s defensive answers consist almost exclusively of bulky steels like Aggron-M and Empoleon, so Magneton was the perfect partner to help Pidge break bulkier teams/all out stall.
The rest of the team is centered around supporting Pidge by eliminating it’s offensive answers, with Pert giving the team a switchin to Mane and Aero. Amoongus sponges strong priority from Breloom and Azu, while Latias provides some much-needed speed control and defog support, and healing wish gives something a second chance to break/sweep.
Azu is the final member, and typically cleans games after Pidgeot breaks bulky waters (such as, say, suicine, tentacruel etc) with boosted hurricane.
Threats include:
3 attacks roost Mega Pidge,
Opposing BD Azu,
NP Celebi,
Lucario,
CM Latias, particularly Electrium Z,
and others I’m doubtless forgetting. In these matchups, try and play aggressively to keep up offensive pressure and deny setup. vs Pidge, Lati can switch in once, Amoongus lives one and clicks spore, you can pivot into hurricane with magneton and Pert and Azu both live a hit.

This is a really fun team I’ve had a lot of success with and considered posting on the sample thread, enjoy!!

edit: these sprites are hurting my eyes I’m sorry

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Work Up
- Roost

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Defog

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off

This team was originally intended to serve me for my ptpl (a Portuguese room kind of premier league), but coincidentally you have Mega Pidgeot as the project's theme this week so like lol. Seeing how many teams lately rarely have more than one Flying-resist, I started building with the core of Moltres + Mega Pidgeot. This is a pretty cool Flying-spam core, in which the members basically pressure the opponent as much as they can, by launching powerful Flying-type moves. Seeing how ridiculously Stealth Rock weak I was at that point, I decided to add Serperior. The Serperior set is pretty unique, an in-depth explanation could be found here. At this point, I wanted to have some sort of physical breaker that can take on Hydreigon and Infernape. Azumarill was a perfect choice, as it also resists Ice. Empoleon was added next because I wanted another Defog-user and the team felt pretty weak to Dragon- and Fairy-types. It is Shuca Berry, so the team has a better matchup against Mega Aerodactyl. Lastly, Hippowdon was added because I wanted a Stealth Rock setter, and an Electric-immune to take on threats like Mega Manectric and Raikou. Either Toxic or Stone Edge could be used over Whirlwind on Hippowdon, as the team is pretty weak to Mega Aerodactyl and Latias, still, but I generally prefer not giving threats that are immune to Toxic free set up turns.

This is the replay from that tour game that shows how well the team members pressured the opponent team altogether: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-714353893

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Welcome to Quadruple Priority Hyper Offense. This team is designed to have a very good match-up versus many teams seen in the current meta. Post Breloom-Buzzwole suspect there was a wave of Stall teams, this team was designed to keep a good Stall match-up while also being effective against all other team types. Having four priority Pokemon gives this team an advantage against other Hyper Offense teams as well as teams with many set-up sweepers because most threats can be revenge killed. Most UU threats are checked through a type immunity, type resistance, or through offensive pressure. Breloom is Jolly to outspeed Adamant Scizor’s and Breloom’s. Azumarill is max Speed to outspeed non max Speed Azumarill’s. I have Scizor as Adamant giving it the chance to OHKO Mega-Aggron who is a huge issue for this team. I really enjoy using this team because it is very reliable on ladder and very fun to play, it is a very fast paced offensive team but is also very balanced so that Stall and Balance don't wear it down easily. Enjoy!

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Refresh
- Roost
- Work Up

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
krookodile.gifazumarill.gifamoonguss.gifrotom-heat (1).giflucario.gifpidgeot.gif

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Roost
- Refresh

Amoonguss @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Defog

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

If you hate stall teams, this is for you. If you like birds, this is also for you. I was on a run where I ran into a lot of Stall teams, so I tried to make some offense that takes advantage of it. I was pleasantly surprised that this team also had relatively good matchups against balance and opposing offense as well. Built around the core of Work Up Pidgeot + Nasty Plot Lucario, you can dismantle pretty much any slower team with the combination of these two. Amoonguss' Spore and pivoting abilities prove useful especially when dealing with Azu (EVd to live the +6 Knock with Rocks), our own CB Azu provides powerful priority vs offense and a Dragon switch in since Lucario is a relatively frail Steel. Scarf Rotom-H gives me some speed control vs Mega Aerodactyl as well as a Scizor check, and Krookodile can trap pesky Latias while providing Rocks.

Not much else to say, this is a relatively old team but I think it's held up well.

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

A team I built around around a core of Mega Pidgeot and Swampert, since they synergized well together. One of the first teams I made coming back into UU after a few month break. Came back right after breloom was unbanned. It's meant to have a good matchup vs. most archtypes, and if you wanted a better matchup vs. stall and bulky balance, Mega Pidgeot could be work up pidgeot. Florges was added after pert to give good switch-ins to latias, and drei. It was used over Sylveon for it's access to defog. Infernape gave a fighting type to the team, and a solid scarfer. It's also a secondary check to scizor over pert. There weren't any flying type switch-in's to flying types, and the matchup against offense wasn't the best so Staka was added as a stand alone TR sweeper. Last Decidueye was added as our main stallbreaker, with access to SD and it's strong z-move sinister arrow raid, finished off the team.
First time posting a team on this thread, and im happy with how this offense turned out, so, that's pretty much it

1520550270680.png
1520550303952.png
1520550320988.png
1520550341498.png
1520550613598.png
1520550456516.png

Rock you like a (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

I am your (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Rock Paper (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Phat (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Man, that tine. (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Gooey (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

So, I decided to build around supporting Mega Pidgeot against some mons it struggles with. I have Subseed Serp to lure in and chip Alola Muk, letting Mega Pidge defeat it in the lategame. I wanted a slow pivot to bring Pidge in easier. I also noticed Pidge needed some kind of offensive counterpart, and Aero was looking a little spooky so I decided to use a bulky SD Scizor. Next, I wanted to counter M-Mane, and run a proper rock check outside of just using Scizor, as well as a rocker, so running a Hippowdon was natural to me. Mantine lets me control hazards and has some good defensive synergy with the rest of the team. Lati and opposing Serp looked kind of annoying at this point, so I rounded off the team with a wonderful Alola-Muk.

Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Refresh
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover/ Hidden power fire

Here is a nice bo team i built. this team is built around the two wincons in cm latias and work up refresh mega pidgeot. scizor is a nice consistent defoger for mega pidgeot. amoongus is a glue mon that checks azumarill, suicune, serperior, and other mons. swampert sets rocks and soft checks scizor. infernape provides speed control and is a good late game cleaner that also checks scizor. mega pidgeot breaks through some stall teams while latias wallbreaks through bulkier teams that mega pidgeot stuggles with. Overall this team is solid and you guys should try it out for yourselves.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

This team was originally built for a Darkrai meme tour, but then I decided I really liked every member of the team except Darkrai so I replaced it with Breloom. Pert's the rocker of the team and primary response to Mega Manectric, it has Roar because my only other answers to Scizor are Cobalion and mons with fire moves. Cobalion is the wincon and primary check to Scizor. Scizor is there because Pursuit is broken. Latias is there because I wanted to stuff my scarfer and removal into one slot. Breloom was there to not make me insta-lose to stall, although I've been considering using that SD Facade set on it as of late. Overall, it's a fun team that I'm pretty proud of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)