Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LOL fuck floating mons... anyways ngl I should put more effort into my submissions for this instead of posting just to post, the fact of the matter is that the team I posted was made like 3 weeks ago and w/o any testing at all. I was too lazy to make a Gengar team after an exhausting week, I just wanted to tap out... so I ended up posting this squad, I apologize and will put more effort into my future submissions :]. Btw ily cake and TSR cuz this comp is always a lotta fun every week.

Anywho, I'll vote for Sage of the over 9000

ilct didn't submit a team this week :blobthinking:

Looks like we have a clear winner this week though, congrats Sage of the 6 and sorry again for roasting everyone's teams so hard this week .-.

Anyway, for the upcoming week, I've decided that we'll be using Swords Dance + Rock Polish Gliscor. Gliscor is capable of walling many prevalent Pokemon in UU, and this set seeks to turn Gliscor into a deadly sweeper that does more than just force some mons out, as you might have seen here. Recommended set here, but feel free to (reasonably) tweak it a bit if need be! Submissions due same time as always.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
tsr a savage damn

proud of u son

Anyway, I haven't participated in this for a while but since I had planned to build around this set either way I guess I'll share a version that I made.
I attempted the impossible and crafted a Double Dance Gliscor balance squad. Enjoy.

___Double Dance Gliscor Balance

http://pokepast.es/9ab5713ad6959f6f

Made Gliscor Adamant since it isn't really that strong, even after a boost, and while losing the jump on Nidoking sucks, I see this as a dedicated sweeper that I expect to pull off a sweep when set up. Jolly +2 Ice Fang doesn't even kill Latias or Hydreigon after Rocks 100% of the time which is pathetic, whereas Adamant also has the added benefit of 2HKOing PerishTrap Azumarill after two rounds of Leftovers recovery, thus limiting it to either Perish Song or Whirlpool damage. Anyway, the very first two things I wanted to have addressed with the remaining members of the team were priority users that could cut Gliscor's sweep short (since it would most certainly be damaged on set up), as well as being able to situate a scenario in which Gliscor could set up. The partner I singled out for the latter strategy was Latias because it draws in the likes of Muk-A, Klefki and Choice Scarf Krookodile, all of which Gliscor can set up on. It may also draw in Scizor and Azumarill, two strong priority user that could potentially pick off Gliscor, interrupting a sweep, and damage them significantly. Now, I actually switched back and forth between Hyper Cutter and Poison Heal on the Gliscor set, and while the former is generally better for this particular set, the latter might be better on this team specifically because Muk-A and Klefki (even opposing Gliscor) can potentially Poison Gliscor. You might be thinking "Who in their right mind clicks Toxic versus Gliscor?", and you're right that's a tough call to make but as soon as a capable opponent sees Toxic Orb not activate (or the use of Agility for that matter), they will likely recognize the set. Furthermore, Poison Heal can at least give this set some pivoting utility in the stall match-up. Anyway, I stuck with Hyper Cutter for now, just some food for thought. Latias was originally a Life Orb AOA variant but later on I realized that the team really needed the speed that Choice Scarf provides. The next member improves match-up versus two top tier threats, Scizor and Azumarill, can act as a lure to fast Ground types and clears hazards for this team, when necessary. Shuca Berry Defog Volcanion has quickly become a personal favourite of mine lately and its resistances and immunity proved particularly useful on this team. Moving on, the team was looking hella weak to Dragons and I still had to account for Gliscor's utmost nemesis, Mamoswine, in case I needed the Shuca Berry on Volcanion for a different threat. Mega Aggron fit rather well here since it deals with Dragon Dance and specially offensive variants of the former type and can prompt the latter to stay in (since Heavy Slam does pitiful damage). Taking advantage of that fact, I opted for Low Kick and an Adamant Nature on this set since it heavily damages Mamoswine (kills after 1 round of Life Orb damage and SR damage). Low Kick also allows Aggron to 1HKO Mega Sharpedo and Stakataka, the latter after Stealth Rock damage, which are two things that Earthquake doesn't accomplish and that are appreciated by this team. Superpower is an alternative to Low Kick that gets KOs on Crawdaunt, Blissey after 1 round of Heavy Slam damage (although this is best used with investment in speed), and Hydreigon after Stealth Rock. I chose Roar in the last slot since it really messes with Trick Room and is a useful emergency button. Fire Punch is a decent alternative in this slot, although I haven't had many problems with Scizor yet. The next pick for me was rather easy to make, Mega Aggron always appreciates Wish support and so does the Volcanion set since both are rather prone to chip damage. Wish Sylveon relieves pressure from Mega Aggron by checking a multitude a special attackers including Hydreigon, Mega Manectric and Serperior, although the latter is still tough to deal with. The team is admittedly a bit weak to the broken bird although it doesn't outright lose to it since Sylveon can stomach Hurricanes thanks to some SpDef investment. To be fair though, show me a balance team without Roost Mega Aerodactyl that isn't weak to Mega Pidgeot. Refresh over Heal Bell since I didn't want to mess with the effectiveness of the next member and the one member that is most annoyed by status is Sylveon itself anyway. Lastly, I added Toxic Orb Swords Dance Breloom since the team was lacking a pivot versus Blissey and a stall breaker. I haven't missed Grass STAB yet, from my experience Quagsire is usually pressured enough between Facade and Drain Punch, and it will run out of Recover PP eventually. This set also takes advantage of all the utility Gliscor with Stealth Rock and Toxic. As for threats to this team, Tentacruel with Sludge Wave can be super annoying and Gengar is another obvious adversary but even with the weakness to these two I'm quite content with how this turned out. Enjoy!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Encore
- Stealth Rock

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Icicle Crash
- Hail
- Rapid Spin

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gliscor @ Groundium Z
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

There isn't too much to explain here. My thought process was: "Double Dance Gliscor is a good set up sweeper. What makes set up sweepers better? Aurora Veil". At this point, I had 3 members ready. Xatu was added to block Defog from passive Pokemon, such as Empoleon and Mantine and because it handles Stall pretty well. Mega Altaria was added to have some counterplay against the kinds of Serperior, Infernape, and Mega Manectric. Scizor was added to the team because it's broken and I needed a Steel-type Pokemon.

While Aurora Veil isn't the most consistent playstyle, the team is really fun and I highly suggest you try it out yourself!

Last edited:
Dumb (Gliscor) (F) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 1 SpA
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Agility

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
- Wish

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

So, here's my Gliscor team. When I first started out, I played with other double dance Gliscor teams to get a good feel for the set. I built an offensive team afterwards, and didn't like it that much after testing. So, I decided to build a bulkier team that gave Gliscor support to sweep, but also having good synergy with other teammates. Pidgeot Mega is a cool mon I had fun spamming Hurricane with that gives Gliscor a +2 speed if it can't get up an agility & can only go for SD. Mamoswine came up next as the team's last ditch effort in breaking teams, has good priority, and with tailwind up it wrecks teams. Rotom-Heat is my Mamo switch-in, way to mess with fat core using trick, and volt-turn momentum with M-Pidgeot. Sylveon was added as it does handle dragon spam, and is good wish support for the team, especially when paired up with empoleon that is my fazer for the team. Empoleon also gets up rocks and is my defogger; also a good azu switch-in. As for the Gliscor EVs: I wanted a bulky set that could take hits better while setting up. The EVs allows it to outspeed Adamant Mamo, Jolly Breloom, and Speedy Scizor. At +2 speed, it outspeeds scarf Latias. It also allows it to set up safer on fighting types and ground types.

Just a weird Bulky Offense Gliscor team that took a few tries before getting it right.

Looks like we have a clear winner this week (and 2 days) grats esche maybe I don't get beaten savagely next time :>?

For THE week 30, I've got a neat idea in mind. We'll be revisiting Kommo-o, as the last incarnation of it in this thread had it equipped with Kommonium Z, allowing it to shred the metagame with mixed Clangorus Soulblaze sets. With that banned now, let's see what everyone's come up with for the punchy dragon thing! Submissions due Sunday this time, gonna try to eventually get back to the normal schedule, so sorry for the unfort time constraints.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Blissey @ Chople Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def / 172 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 32 HP / 244 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Autotomize
Thought I would lock in my Dragon spam team before any one else posts a separate rendition. In this case the team really focuses on setting hazards early game and trying to sweep late game with three different alternatives. First up we have my hazard stack core of Mamoswine and Klefki, one is anti fat and the other is anti offence. Mamoswine is really annoying for most teams to switch around, and usually finds plenty of time to come in early game, and set Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Mamoswine supports this team by blowing holes in opposing defensive cores. Next up we have Safety Goggles (!!) Klefki, this is a really neat switch-in to Breloom imo, SpA invest + Modest nature let Klefki OHKO offensive Breloom with Dazzling Gleam and HP Fire covers Scizor and other Steel types, I like that Thunder Wave is also a nice mid/late game threat to a majority of sweepers. Blissey functions as this teams pivot and supports this team decently well, the EVs provided let Blissey OHKO regular (non SpD) Gliscor with Ice Beam, whilst outpacing non-invest Scizor and KOing with Fire Blast, whilst still managing to maintain semi-decent bulk. In this case, I am also running Chople Berry on Blissey, seeing as Fighting types are a bit of a pain to this team in general (counter play consists of: not giving them opportunities to switch in, t-wave, and Chople Berry Blissey) it's really nice to catch something like a CB Scizor off-guard with Chople + Fire Blast. Lastly, we have Healing Wish, the move that really brings the rest of the team together, it gives any one of my sweepers a second chance, and is particularly useful if I need to bring back Kommo-o or Mamoswine if they've been utilised earlier to break the opposing team. Next up we have Altaria-Mega, in this case I opted to forgo Roost for coverage, in Fire Blast, this is solely because I have the option to lure and catch Scizor off-guard, as well as having the option to bring back Altaria with Healing Wish - feel free to run Roost if you find that more effective. I chose to run enough Speed on Altaria in order to outspeed Manectric-Mega at +1 on this team. Next up we have Scizor with Z-Superpower, another stop to opposing Scizor, I don't miss the attack power of Adamant due to the fact that most of the time Scizor should be sweeping with hazards up. Lastly we have Kommo-o which utilising a relatively underrated set. Kommo-o is able to threaten a lot of stall cores with its fantastic coverage and STAB attacks, it also is fantastic at breaking fat builds, lastly with a +2 Speed boost it's fantastic versus offensive teams. Bulletproof Kommo-o with Clanging Scales is a decent switch-in to 'mons that may like to set up on Blissey such as Chandelure and Serperior.

Team is threatened by Fighting spam in particular, as well as powerful choice banded attackers, such as Azumarill and Infernape.

edit: Forgot to mention Serene Grace Blissey is the ultimate cheese.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 20 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Magic Coat

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Gunk Shot
- Taunt

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
So yeah I only really have experience with Kommo under webs recently, webs is so fuckin ass breh like it's highkey pathetic... but it's always been one of my favorite archetypes to build and really the only form of offense I really enjoy building. I used Kommo here as a rock setter and Staka check, which is pretty mandatory on offense since it is so capable of just shredding through squishy teams. Kommo is also p much the only thing I have that can semi-reliably-ish switch into Mega Manectric, that mon is definitely a bitch to deal with but I've played it a few times while testing and the matchup is definitely doable. Araquanid is imo the best web setter in the tier, it can function as a breaker later on in the match and is a reliable fire type switch in. Now here comes the GOAT Mega Banette, this thing is actually super important to this team... webs is so fuckin ass and has so many matchup problems, it's honestly impossible to cover it all. This thing is basically what I suicide with if I'm in the worst case scenario and I'm staring at something this team really can't handle. On top of this, it's brazy attack stat and mediocre speed means it loves webs support, cause even unboosted it hits p hard :D. Serperior is here to improve the stall matchup a bit, and mainly as a defog punisher... even though Defiant is better at directly punishing defog cause like holy shit you now have a +2 Atk boost, it's just hard not to use Serperior here when your stall m/u is lacking n shit. Azumarill is here as a wincon and something to reliably deal with Hydreigon and to offensively pressure Mega Aerodactyl, which are two other big matchup problems for webs. Now here comes the lad turbo Doublade that outspeeds Crawdaunt and Adamant Scizor w/ webs up, here as a flying resist on a team that needs one soooo fuckin badly, more setup, and more priority if I'm in the worst case scenario with Serperior n shit u know.

This team is p fun lowkey, webs is trashcan mcgee but I think this team does a decent job of taking care of a lot of it's flaws in a cool and fun way w/ Mega Banette n shit :D.

PS: Yes I fuckin know I have no floating mons holy tits.

Last edited:
kommoo.gif
muk-alola.gif
moltres.gif
hydreigon.gif
metagross.gif
serperior.gif

This is a BO team I build around SubBD Kommo-O. Alolan Muk takes care of most of Kommo-Os checks such as Latias and Chandelure. Moltres is our Cobalion check, and can also serve as an emergency defogger and late-game sweeper along with Hydreigon, who is this teams speed control and primary revenge killer. Metagross is a rocks setter that provides some priority for the team, while SubSeed Serperior lures in Alolan Muk for Moltres and Hydreigon.

Importable: http://pokepast.es/c3415412b1f670d5

Threat list:

Mega Manectric is very annoying for this team, as there is no volt switch deterrent. However, it can be delt with Alolan Muk + Hydreigon.

Mixed Mega Altaria can be annoying, but is dealt with by Moltres + Alolan Muk + Metagross.

Thats all!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Defog

It's just Kommo-o balance. Shout out to Sage of the 6 who I built this with. We originally had Nidoking over Hippowdon but the Mega Manectric switch in was "da x button". The combination of Leftovers Defog Serperior and Vincune absolutely murders stall. Spikes makes this team the enemy of a lot of offensive teams with Kommo-o being the wall breaker. Kommo-o was SD Stealth Rocks two attacks but then we added Hippowdon over Nidoking so now it's ice punch for Togekiss and Gliscor who lives a +2 Outrage. Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit traps threats and thats really it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)