United States Nationals Thread - WON BY WESLEY MORIOKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, whoever did this please speak up. Yesterday after one of my battles I was standing around and some guy walks up to me and says, "You JRank?" I said, "Yeah", and he goes "I've got to get a picture." He takes a picture on his phone and then walks off. Who was that?

BadIntent def Rory
Mattj lost
Deagle def Kongler
Alaka def EnFuego
Skarm def Metabou
Huy def Duy
TTS lost to a very skillful QC activation
Judge Marriland awards bluecookies a loss by battle timeout

The timer is very serious

Round of 8;
Skarm vs. Alaka
Huy vs Deagle

I don't know two of the other people but BI does NOT have the girl

Alaka, Deagle win, BadIntent lost

Some really pkmn battles today, wish I'd slept a little longer... it's like, being around all this made me want to get more active with the game and then today reminded me why I'm not

Judge Marriland awards bluecookies a loss by battle timeout
How do they determine who wins when a timeout occurs? Remaining pokemon, games already won, or just analysis of game and predicted out come if hax's didn't occur?

Edit: if the bracket i put a link to is correct its:

BI vs. winner of bluecookies matches
winner of mattj matches vs. the girl

We didn't receive any explanation for it, though bluecookies may have. Each round lasts 45 minutes for the two matches, judges decision after that.

Deagle/Alaka play in the semis, still waiting on the result of the fourth round 2 match

1-1 Deagle/Alaka, the system crashed during game 3 so they're restarting

I have officially seen -everything- today

EDIT: Same story in the other match, both just playing from the end of game 2 again. Game 3s again, 20 minutes on clock.

Alaka won in a rather exciting comeback

The guy in the other semi won, couldn't see what happened in the match from where I was at

Edit: apparently she was right on the verge of winning when the power thinger went out (the games are set up in four zones judging by the colors, and their quadrant went out. Ended up moving to a different one.), really frustrating way to go out. Deagle was winning at the time too, but Alaka was losing basically the entirety of Game3 part2 there too and won - an early lead wasn't really part of his strategy.

So what's the verdict? Are nationals still going on? I'm really hoping some Smogon folk made it to worlds. Can't wait to find out.

Congrats to Wesley Morioka, who beat Alaka in the finals to become the US champ! Great tournament by Alaka, too. It was fun rooting for you!

Sorry to those of you I've failed to update on / have slaughtered the names of the last few days, hope the updates have been useful to some of you in spite of it. Would definitely suggest coming next year to any considering it - great event.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Good job to everyone who went, especially the people who will be going to hawaii! It sounds like you all had a great time, and I can't imagine hawaii being a bad place to play more pokemon

AWESOME! Congratulations! Does he play online at all?
Wesley is a long time player, but I don't know if he practices online much. Skarm met him at Seattle 05 and Chicago 06, and he said he thinks Wesley has a smogon account with a few posts. He is definitely an excellent player and came with a fairly unique team today! Congrats to Alaka as well, it was awesome cheering for you dude. It would have been so epic if we won again this year (OD last year), but it was a blast regardless. Good luck to everyone at worlds!

I am typing this from my phone, so I don't want to make it too long, but I just want to say to everyone that I met in Indy that this weekend was one of the best in my entire life. Thank you all for being so awesome, and thanks for tolerating me all weekend xD I love you guys, and this trip meant so much to me that it's difficult to put into words. I would have loved to place better and get to play some more matches with my team, but losing in r2 ended up being the last thing I was thinking about during the weekend. You all are all so amazing, and I don't want to forget anyone (maybe I will do individualized ones later, perhaps in a warstory), so I will just say thank you to you all.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I lost to quick claw, essentially :[ I misplayed the last few turns of the third match since I was afraid of quick claw(although that didn't necessarily matter), but never would've been at round 3 if I didn't get haxed in R1 by quick claw >:[

I'm probably fucked as far as going to Worlds goes, minimum price I can find for airfare atm is $750, and that doesn't include hotel, incidental travel(ferry to the right island, etc), or food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)