Unneccesary Disconnecting in WiFi

This is really starting to annoy me as it has happened in the last 4 wifi battles I have played. It seems that whenever someone is starting to go downhill in a battle, they will shut off their game to preserve their precious battle record. This is not neccesary!! If you want to keep a loss off your record, simply wait until you leave the wifi area then shut off your game. The game only saves before you enter wifi mode, NOT after. Therefore, your loss will be erased, while your opponent can keep his win.

Are sure of this? I've been extremely annoyed by the amount of DCers lately, I had 10 battles today, 4 of which I lost, and the other 6 where I won, unfortunately, 4 of those wins the losers just HAD to DC...

I know how you feel. I got disconnected 9 of the 20 battles I played. And lots of them don't reply back when I asked them why they disconnected. (This is in serebii btw and hasn't yet happened in smogon thankfully).

Yes I have tested this it does work. I dont use it though because I'm the only person that looks at my record so its stupid to cheat myself. Obviously other people dont think this way.

Good find TVboyCanti. Hopefully this will become common knowledge. I say this primarily because, as I've said elsewhere, my biggest worry is that I'll disconnect accidentally and people might think I'm cheating. Knowing this helps to ease such worries, as well as stopping others intentionally disconnecting on me, which has happened once. And yes, it was at Serebii.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure what's wrong with wifi these days as it seems almost impossible just to do an IV battle between my own 2 DS. I have security disabled, so I don't understand. Too slow sometimes too.

Last night, the only way to get a certain trade in was to coordinate it through the GTS.

I dont tend to have this problem, i lose my fair share of battles and the ones i win were never DCed against, nor have i ever DCed on someone (18 wins 30-odd losses),...

What would a good win/loss ratio even do for you in a game like this lol.

It's pretty much Enzyte for your e-penis. Just stick around Smogon, I'm pretty sure you'd get better battlers here anyway. Now I'm starting to see how crappy online random battles would have been, DC'ing and hacking would be rampant, I bet.

Ive used the Gfaqs boards under the name protomanV4 for battling, and on the subject of hacking... every match that didnt say no hackers was against a hacker for me (2 of interest being an all wonder guard team which i was able to take out 3 due to the hackers horrible choice of moves and my porygon 2 tracing wonder guard, the other being against an all uber team which my UU team managed to beat with one poke left once again due to bad moves)

Basically I find some of the hackers fun to battle just because of the sheer stupidity of them

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The trade was actually with another smogon member based on a trade request I made in the wifi forum. Hopefully this pattern won't have to continue much sooner as I'll be calling directly.

The game only saves before you enter wifi mode, NOT after.
So uh... technically, couldn't you give your friends pokemon (and receive a junk poke in return), then shut your game off after performing a trade? You could clone up to 6 pokemon at a time if this is true, and it would be far more efficient and reliable than the gts trick.

So uh... technically, couldn't you give your friends pokemon (and receive a junk poke in return), then shut your game off after performing a trade? You could clone up to 6 pokemon at a time if this is true, and it would be far more efficient and reliable than the gts trick.
I think it also saves after each trade, thus that wouldnt work.

o_O You can't trace Wonderguard.
I know multiple people have mentioned it, but I did it a couple times in ADV. I doubt they'd change it for DP.

I'll try to remember to try that trade thing tonight, since I have to trade stuff back to Diamond anyway. Unless someone else wants to/has tried it before

Not sure what's wrong with wifi these days as it seems almost impossible just to do an IV battle between my own 2 DS. I have security disabled, so I don't understand. Too slow sometimes too.

Last night, the only way to get a certain trade in was to coordinate it through the GTS.
Dammit people, read the health/Safety booklets!

Obviously there's some interference going on, turn off your radio, and your TV (if it has satellite) and if your using a laptop, don't refresh the page.

when i traded with my friend i remember just shutting the game off rather then exiting the room or the trade screen (partly so he didnt have the time to look at my movesets since i like the element of surprise and can be lazy about removeing my team members when i evolved his magmar)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)