Other Unofficial Metagames Premier League - Week 5

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1621225087899.png

Discord | UMPL sheet

Amazing Art by Pujo
Tournament hosted by Apagogie, cromagnet, and Jett
Commencement | Administrative Decisions
Welcome to the first edition of Unofficial Metagames Premier League (UMPL)! This is an all-out team tournament among players from 1v1, Anything Goes, ZU, and NFE, who will compete in a 5-week round robin. The top 3 teams will then move on to playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned UMPL champions!

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for 1v1 slots, which are best of five.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

1621226636159.png
1621226644803.png
1621226657914.png

(6) The Star Road Lunala vs We Sawk! (2)
SS 1v1: BlanchedAlmond vs smely socks
SS 1v1: Hys vs Mubs
SS AG: lotiasite vs Geysers
SS AG: Aaronboyer vs Rotten
SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS NFE: xavgb vs Rav3ndan
SS ZU: D2TheW vs daniYSB
SS ZU: czim vs Feliburn

1621226689830.png
1621226648663.png
1621226684121.png

(5) The Aesthetic Articuno vs The Zealous Zweilous (3)
SS 1v1: Potatochan vs Mishlef
SS 1v1: Yami vs Trashuny
SS AG: WSun1 vs Fc
SS AG: Bread Sandwich vs jerryl309
SS NFE: professor tox vs Greybaum
SS NFE: Quagg vs pileosand
SS ZU: 5gen vs Maki
SS ZU: gglrg vs Landon

1621226666741.png
1621226650533.png
1621226677702.png

(7) The Gliding Grookey vs The Mankey Monkes (1)
SS 1v1: Close vs Ron...5
SS 1v1: Itchyy vs Scraftionite
SS AG: Fardin vs Royal1604
SS AG: PinkDragonTamer vs Fille
SS NFE: Monsareeasy vs velvet
SS NFE: frisoeva vs ojr
SS ZU: TJ vs a fruitshop owner
SS ZU: EviGaro vs Serene Grace
Deadline is May 23 at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Since all I'm doin rn is keepin this bench nice and warm, figured I'd make some cheeky 1v1 predicts

BlanchedAlmond vs smely socks - Blanched wins literally everytime he doesn't lose
Hys vs Mubs - The only player to ever beat Mubs is some guy named "activity call"

Potato vs Mish - potato laughed at me when I got frozen in pspl and I still haven't recovered
Yami vs Trashuny - on the one hand, Yami has beaten me, on the other hand, Trashuny has also beaten me...idek what my point is here

Close vs Ron...5 - Close is elite and could even be the best 1v1er here, but, Ron is simply Ron, and I cannot dispute that
Itchyy vs Scraftionite - I think Itchy just cares more lol

Got 3-3 in w4 so I'm 10-14 overall, which isn't any better... Everyone keeps getting upsets somehow, and these predictions are so hard LOL.
I'm praying for a good record this week, and tbh I'm gonna write short as possible.

SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d (40:60)
Ho3n vs Leo is a rivalry I adore the most and it's no surprise I'm very excited to see these two titans meet again. However, Ho3n is the contestant to win here with the streak that hasn't been stopped while Leo has struggled overall. Ho3n is also the better player, his building rivals the support Lunala has and he has better performance right now. Now I don't know if Leo is going to take this match seriously due to the position the team is in, so it may be a clearer Ho3n win with a 65:35 prediction if I wanted to be realistic. But if Leo took this seriously, I can see it go down in a close match unless Ho3n starts hax-ing Leo. Otherwise, Ho3n is going to stay 4-1, and show himself in the argument of being the best NFE player currently. But I never doubt Leo, and never should anyone smfh. Go both, give me a good match pls.

SS NFE: Xavgb vs Rav3ndan (48:52)
Rav3ndan > Xavgb when he doesn't like NFE. I don't think it will be an easy match and it can go either way, but I'll just predict that Rav3 will win. I don't think Xavgb will play his best since his team has a low chance of qualifying, so he may just screw around tbh. Which is why I'll just give Rav3 the win, but I wouldn't underestimate Xavgb regardless of what. Close MU in favour of Rav3 just because I don't see Xavgb be tryhardin'. Edit: He will be tryharding, but I want to go for one risky prediction lol.

SS NFE: Professor Tox vs Greybaum (52:48)
Tox and Greybaum have both performed very well at the tournament. Realistically Greybaum should be in favour of the prediction by his recent performance and wins alone, but I'm going in all odds and predicting Tox to win! If you wanted some serious reasoning, I think while Greybaum has made the great adjustment I think those adjustment doesn't work as well against Tox as a player and playstyle. I think they're also even in builds/prep too and the skill level isn't as far away atm even if I lend it towards Greybaum being the better player for obvious reasons. Makes me wonder if these two has fought much against each other? But I'll just predict that Tox will win in a very close matchup. It's not like I'll decide who wins here or not, but it's funny to think I've always betted against these two :))

SS NFE: Quagg vs Pileosand (48:52)
I don't think Quag has completely unrusted himself yet in NFE while Pileosand has continued to be solid in all matches. All I'll say is that the mid-game is critical, and Pileosand should think twice at the endgame as I believe those have cost her the matches. Quag being rusty isn't the only reason why it's all Pileosand favoured since Quag has proved to be a threatening player at W3. I think Pileosand has improved and has shown to compete against the top players. Also, it's funny that I've always betted against both of them, and for the first time for Pileosand. It's another close MU that could go to each player.

SS NFE: Monsareeasy vs Velvet (60:40)
I wonder if those two has played against each other in NFE and AG? Anyway, this is the Old-Gen NFE player vs the highest peak NFE ladder player. It doesn't tell anything, but it's funny to point it out of my own knowledge, and both of them has been in the same crew. Seems it's cursed since Arctic is facing against his crew members from NFEPL IV recently.
Arctic is the favour of winning because he has played more NFE while Velvet has to face a new meta once again. Arctic's lack of bad plays/errors and strong defence with good risk/reward is also in his favour because Velvet is a player that doesn't take many risks and that prevents her from getting solid plays. Pretty easy to favour Arctic to win, tho I'll never bet against Velvet in a one-sided matchup. She's one hell of a scary ass player, so she has always a chance to win here.

SS NFE: Frisoeva vs Ojr (42:58)
Here's another matchup where both has a lot of qualities as a player. So you know it's going to be an exciting one. Both of them makes their own teams in their unique ways, and all Early-Mid-Late game matters equally. Ojr has had a way better performance than Friso in comparison, and I prefer the builds Ojr has offered over Frisoeva. But Friso has always tried to play the game as close as possible as shown in the replays, so I can't say it's a clear win. The Mankeys has a chance to make it to the playoffs, so I'm sure that Ojr will make sure it's his victory. So a lot at stake right now, so and these two is going to have a high-quality match. Let's go Ojr tho.

This week has a lot of close matches, but add the intensity for getting the 3rd spot at playoffs you know it's going to be interesting. My personal biased highlights are 1st Frisoeva vs Ojr, 2nd Greybaum vs Tox, and 3rd Ho3n vs Leo. Wishing the best to everyone not only on NFE, but all the other tiers <3

Last edited:

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
We are already in the last week of the regular season. Every team can still dream to reach playoffs. Of course, some odds are more likely than others. The only thing which is confirmed is that Aesthetic Articunos are already guaranteed to be in PO but not necessary first seed. Lets make quick odds on how likely teams can reach playoffs or first seed for AA.

:Articuno: Aesthetic Articunos (Managers : Jamez, Temporal Totodile) :Articuno:

Current seed : 1
Battle differential : +10
Team faced this week : Zweilous

Aesthetic Articunos are guaranteed to make playoffs with 7 points. Congratulations to them! Even if they lose this week and We Sawk and the third seed manage to win their game, they would be above the third seed in terms of points. However first seed is not a certainty yet even if it is very probable.

We Sawk is the only team which is able to reach them but even when betting on a AA lost and a getting a win themselves, they would tie in terms of points. In that case, the battle differential will matter and with a BD of 0 for We Sawk, they need a stomp in one of the confrontations (probably both) to make it happen. The table below summarized each scenario what would lead to this result if every game is played this week. If the BD points are the same, Aesthetic Articuno and We Sawk will have to fight in a bo3 to determine the winner. If Aesthetic Articunos want to be first seed without looking at We Sawk results, they need to at least tie at 4-4. However, even if in losing, they still have a really good shot to stay first.

Aesthetic Articuno (BD Tie)We Sawk (BD Tie)Aesthetic Articuno (WS victory)We Sawk (WS Victory)
0-8 (L)5-3 (W)0-8 (L)6-2 / 7-1 / 8-0 (W)
1-7 (L)6-2 (W)1-7 / 0-8 (L)7-1 / 8-0 (W)
2-6 (L)7-1 (W)2-6 / 1-7 / 0-8 (L)8-0 (W)
3-5 (L)8-0 (W)

:Sawk: We Sawk! (Managers : Ho3nConfirm3d, Boat) :Sawk:

Current seed : 2
Battle Differential : 0
Team faced this week : Lunala

We Sawk! has had a great run up till now but unfortunately their place in playoff is not guaranteed yet. What is especially interesting and close in these playoffs is than the 2nd, the 3rd and the 4th seed don't face each other during this week, which makes the second and the third place quite dependant on the results of other matchups. Every team can choke a week, it won't be the first time that we see that happen.

Anyway, if We Sawk want to get a guaranteed place in playoffs regardless of the results of the other teams, they need to win. In the event of a victory, they would reach 7 points, which is unreachable for Gliding Grookey and the Zealous Zweilous, who are currently third and fourth respectively.

A tie would already be more problematic. With 6 points and a Battle Differential of 0, in this scenario, they could tie in terms of points with Grookey & Zweilous who currently both have 4 points and who could reach potentially 6 points if they win. If Gliding Grookey wins the week when We Sawk Tie, Grookey would automatically become second seed per BD. With a BD of -2, winning 5-3 for Zealous Zweilous would perfectly tie Sawk, both in Points and BD. In that case a Bo3 will be organized. If they win more than 5-3, We Sawk could be immediately knocked out despite a tie.

A loss for We Sawk! would mean that Grookey/Zweilous would directly qualified if they both win their confrontation. It would also mean that Grookey doesn't even need to win, a tie would be enough.

Are these scenarios likely though? Not really, though, just possible. The thing is :
- if either Grookey or Zweilous lose they week, We Sawk is qualified.
- We Sawk has to face Lunala, currently the last place team in the standings (They lose 2 versus, they tied two others).
- Zweilous also have to win versus Articuno this week who have never lose a versus until now.

Betting on a We Sawk lost into a Zweilous win is therefore not the most probable scenario. This means We Sawk has a good chances to make playoffs, even though probably not in first seed.

:Grookey: Gliding Grookey (Managers : Quantum Tesseract, Catalystic) :Grookey:

Current seed : 3
Battle Differential : +2
Team faced this week : Mankey

Contrary to our two previous teams, this week is decisive for Gliding Grookey if they want to reach their qualification in playoffs. I'm sure they will propose really interesting and competitive builds for this week of competition. They have nevertheless a little advantage with a better battle differential than the current second and fourth seeds.

If Gliding Grookey wins the week, they are almost guaranteed to qualify for the playoffs. Theoretically there is a scenario where they win 5-3 and Zweilous wins 8-0 against Articunos where they are not qualified if We Sawk also wins but this scenario is so unlikely that it's not necessary to comment on it any more. Zweilous winning 7-1 is a little bit more probable but in this case, they would tie and a Bo3 will be organised.

If they tie, it depends on what the other teams do honestly. With 5 points, they can be qualified if We Sawk loses the week since they would tie and their battle differential is less important. If Zweilous loses or ties the week against Articunos, they are also qualified. However, if We Sawk wins and Zweilous as well, a tie would lead to their elimination.

If they lose, they have to pray on a Zweilous loss to hope to be still qualified. However, even if Zweilous lost, they can still be eliminated if Mankey beat them at least 6-2. It means that every battle in this confrontation will have a huge impact. I'm looking forward to seeing this monkeys battle.

:Zweilous: Zealous Zweilous (Managers : zio, Landon) :Zweilous:

Current seed : 4
Battle Differential: -2
Team faced this week : Articuno

Zealous Zweilous can still do it with a good preparation against Articuno. However, their low battle differential score makes that they don't have other choices to rely on the victory and on the Gliding Grookey, and maybe also We Sawk, being defeated.

Zealous Zweilous cannot lose this week. If they lose, their battle differential will crush them to at least -3 if there is a dead game, stuck with 4 global points. At this point, both Articuno and We Sawk would be qualified, regardless of the result. To get the third place, they would need a scenario impossible where Gliding Grookey are stomped 1-7 to be higher than them in their battle differential ratio. However, Grookey being stomped 1-7 means that Monkey will be at 4 global points (they would tie with Zweilous Zealous!) and with a battle differential of +2, which means that they would end up in third place. If Zealous Zweilous lose this week, they would therefore be eliminated.

Can they tie though? Yes they can. It's risky though, because with 5 points, they will have to rely on a Grookey loss against the Mankey. If Grookey tie, the Zweilous battle differential will once again play against them and they would be eliminated. If they tie, Grookey needs to lose.

If they win, they have to bet on a loss/tie of Gliding Grookey or on a choke from We Sawk against Lunala or both. They can still theoretically make playoffs if both Sawk & Grookey win by stomping Articunos 8-0 & if Gliding grookey can only win 5-3 respectively but this scenario is realistically unlikely to happen. A 7-1 Zweilous 5-3 Grookey would make them tying.

:Mankey: Mankey Monkes (Managers : Skysolo, Marjane) :Mankey:

Current seed : 5
Battle Differential: -4
Team faced this week : Grookey

Odds start to become weaker and weaker but there is still a scenario not too farfetched where Mankey Monkes can reach playoff. However, losing and tying are not valid options. They first absolutely need to win. Second, Aesthetic Articuno need to beat Zweilous Zealous.

In this situation, Aesthetic Articuno and We Sawk are already qualified. Zweilous Zealous are already eliminated since their battle differential will be either lower than the one of Grookey or than the one of Mankey. The question would be in this case how much do they need to win versus Grookey. With 4 global points each, they would tie and therefore the Battle Differential will matter. Since Grookey has +2 in BD and Mankey -4, they need to win at least 6-2. In that case, BD of Grookey would be at -2 and Mankey would be at 0 and therefore they would be in theory the third seed.

In theory because they still have to watch the result of Lunala. If for some reason, they win 7-1 against Sawk, Lunalas could be third seed.

:Lunala: Star Road Lunala (Managers : Dragonillis, LBDC) :Lunala:

Current seed : 6
Battle Differential: -6
Team faced this week : We Sawk

The scenario to have Star Road Lunala in playoffs is, I will be honest, really unlikely. However, perfect comebacks exist and I know Dragonillis is manager of this team and with him, every odd is possible. Flinch three times in a row? He will try. Freeze half of the opposite team? It wouldn't be the first nor the last time he manages to do that. So with this mind, here is what Lunala needs to accomplish to be in play-off:

- Beating We Sawk at least 7-1
- Aesthetic Articunos wins against Zealous Zweilous
- Mankey Monkes wins versus Gliding Grookey 6-2.
- If Mankey monkes wins with 7-1, Lunala needs to 8-0 against We Sawk.

In that case, Gliding Grookey, Zealous Zweilous, Mankey monkes, Lunala will both have 4 points. Both Grookey and Zweilous will be have negative BDs, when Monkey and Lunala would be at either 0 or 2 BD. It would end in an extension with a BO3 between two teams. I will be honest, if Lunala managed to reach playoffs, I will create a role Odd legend to every member of Lunala.

~~~

I hope to see really good battles this week. Good luck everyone ~
And I used a lot of numbers here, I may have messed up somewhere, I'm still only human, who knows. If you see any mistakes, let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)