ORAS (Unofficial) ORAS OU Cup: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Unofficial) ORAS OU Cup

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard ORAS OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's ORAS OU Ban List. If the tiers change in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also having a move or ability that boosts Speed and a move or ability that boosts another stat.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Circuit Information:

This tournament will count towards a Past Gens Ribbon. This is a Type A tournament, meaning it counts towards 60% of a ribbon alongside the Global Championship. Please read this post for more information regarding Ribbons and the Past Gens Circuits.

Per this post, tournament banned users cannot participate in Circuit Tournaments.

Pairings:

HQuaze vs. cb aaron judge
Nigel97 vs. blarghlfarghl
Leo vs. AAamen
Close vs. Alkione
Empo vs. mael
Croo vs. The Excadrill
Exiline vs. Xjckillerx
neomon vs. Sjneider
Diophantine vs. Rexus
p2 vs. Analytic
Arifeen vs. Le Sabreur
yjh971203 vs. Shaneotb
psychicmewtwo vs. Heika
Raspberry vs. 1 True Lycan
PHILISTEEN vs. Sam I Yam
Attribute vs. Rey Joya
Skarmx2 vs. Myzozoa
insult vs. Corazan..
Jase Duken vs. Spl4sh
zugubu royale vs. PasY_G
Rainy Dreams vs. Algeria4Ever
LordST vs. MoneyGuy9559
iRKD vs. Eclipse
PokeTCG gamer1288 vs. zCheshrye
Xyiavez vs. Melle2402
Jhonx~ vs. byronthewellwell
Anish vs. Hassin627
hexed vs. Stepchild
SparksBlade vs. GenZeon
W2S vs. KingKdot
Vai Lusa vs. Luispeikou
MultiAmmiratore vs. Blitzburgh
Quagmander vs. Lord Ninjax
Santu vs. mashumarutu
MrAldo vs. Pohjis
N01syBoy vs. Drud
Hira vs. Roseybear
WhiteLion vs. Hijasu
Rewer vs. SiTuM
A Hero's Destiny vs. We Three Kings
Twixtry vs. xray
RedEmption vs. FLCL
Za Meowdo vs. lordcacturne
Luigi vs. the dance of Alice
AkaiTenshi vs. zaaya
Lycans vs. starry blanket
lighthouses vs. Brayz
Djokra vs. Indigo Plateau

Round 2 ends SUNDAY, MARCH 25th at 10:00 PM EST! I am just going to be ending the rounds a couple hours earlier due to my academic schedule: extensions will be gladly handed out if necessary (:

Last edited:
TSR Djokra Indigo Plateau Wamr zaaya Gochan Rewer Hamhamhamham Averardo Hijasu jacob Hira Zokuru mashumarutu Luispeikou Bluxio LORD HELIX 65 Jhonx~ LordST CrashinBoomBang Real Darthsidious MoneyGuy9559 Sergi
Corazan.. mael dragonitenb

you guys have until roughly tomorrow afternoon (EST) to make a formal request for an extension, activity win, or actual win.

byronthewellwell this didn't tag you properly fsr.

i rushed to make this, so please post here if there are any issues! thanks Hikari for generating the bracket.

edit: mashumarutu called activity in the r1 thread and was granted it, but i forgot to post about it. sorry!

Last edited:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
LordST and I did not contact one another whatsoever, I dropped by in the PU room both yesterday and today looking for him but he wasn't online. Not gonna claim activity because I obviously didn't put in effort lol but yeah we kinda didn't get it done

Reactions: GW
Requesting act vs Lord Helix
here proof also sorry for dont being active, Ill be active now on this thread!
http://prntscr.com/it386c
Requesting Activity Win vs Real Darthsidious, I tried multiple times to schedule a time to battle but never responded.
activity, opponent hasn't replied. proof on his wall
TSR gave me the win
activity granted to these people + Hira (jacob PM'd me saying he was dropping out).

the rest have been conflipped:
mael, LordST, Melle2402, Luispeikou, Hijasu, Rewer, and zaaya advance per the coinflip.

if there are any disputes, please post in this thread. those of you tagged in this post, PLEASE contact your opponents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)