Unown Sprites are missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only Unown-A! But I want to use other Unowns!

And in gen 2 this actually has gameplay significance in addition to the cosmetic significance due to the fact that both the form of Unown and Hidden Power depend on DVs, resulting in the form of the Unown giving away information about its Hidden Power. In Pokemon Showdown such information cannot be inferred from Unown's shape which means that when used competitively Unown is better in Pokemon Showdown than it is in the games. I am all for making this Pokemon better but I do not think that Pokemon Showdown should grant buffs to Pokemon by not following the mechanics of the game in the tiers that are supposedly based of those mechanics like OU.

I am posting this in the Pokemon Showdown section instead of the Ruins of Alph section because the main focus of this thread is the Pokemon Showdown glitch concerning the Unown shapes and not the Unown or their shapes themselves. Though the latter is certainly relevant.

If somebody made/found the proper sprites for all the different forms I presume they would be added, but since it is basically a lengthy cosmetic addition (due to unown’s near-nonexistent competitive viability), doing that probably isn’t the highest priority (explaining why it hasn’t been done already).

There isn’t much discussion to be had here for a thread, so I am locking this.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Leader
If somebody made/found the proper sprites for all the different forms I presume they would be added, but since it is basically a lengthy cosmetic addition (due to unown’s near-nonexistent competitive viability), doing that probably isn’t the highest priority (explaining why it hasn’t been done already).

There isn’t much discussion to be had here for a thread, so I am locking this.
Actually, I'm pretty sure we are not adding the unown sprites due to the ability for them to be abused (spelling things out are not allowed). This is/was not something we can/could easily moderate, perhaps it can be revisited, but this is not the place to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)