BAH-HUMBUG: unpopular holiday opinions

I hate making gifts and receiving gifts. It stresses me out so much. I don't particularly dislike making them really. I just really hate the part where I have to actually pick one out.
There is just always that one thing that seems of with that one but the other one has this flaw and what not....
But then there this one time, every now and then, when the stars line up and you actually have a really nice idea for a present, but that's it for the next like..2 years

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I hate making gifts and receiving gifts. It stresses me out so much. I don't particularly dislike making them really. I just really hate the part where I have to actually pick one out.
There is just always that one thing that seems of with that one but the other one has this flaw and what not....
But then there this one time, every now and then, when the stars line up and you actually have a really nice idea for a present, but that's it for the next like..2 years
you dont have to prove to your family youre a master artisan every year

sometimes it’s ok to just get them a card from the discount store with distorted snowflakes on the front and christmas misspelled on the inside

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Holidays are so overrated because people having no classes, which is lit the point of holidays I guess

Color arrangements of green and red aside, I care very little for the Christmas aesthetic in general. I really loathe family gatherings for the holidays too but luckily those happen rarely enough to the point where the smug little snowmen fuckers bug me more

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Color arrangements of green and red aside, I care very little for the Christmas aesthetic in general. I really loathe family gatherings for the holidays too but luckily those happen rarely enough to the point where the smug little snowmen fuckers bug me more
i bet you would absolutely hate this, wouldnt you?

Isn’t this just the holiday version of the searing hot takes thread?
hot takes might not get you shanked in a dimly lit alley like unpopular opinions will

ik op already said it but Elf is SO bad, its unspeakably awful and so annoying
Hard agree on this. Maybe it wouldn't be so awful if it wasn't played so much. every. single. year.

Same goes for a lot of other stuff, basically every Christmas song (except for Carol of the Bells; that one is dope).

The real thing for me is when people start celebrating so early. Anything before Dec. 1st is just not the time. Hell, it's December 12th now and I'm STILL not particularly in the mood. People starting so early is the reason everything gets worn out. I can only handle so much of it per year...

the best part about this post is how loudly i can hear your Reaganomics video playing in the background

View attachment 389937
ARE YOU UNHAPPY, GRRL
IN THIS CONFUSING WRRLD
WHERE EVERYTHING YOU ERRN
IS GETTING LEFT TO BRRN
IF IT WERE UP TO ME
THEN LIVING WOULD BE FREE
AND I COULD GIVE YOU THAT
AND I COULD GIVE YOU THAT

for an actual opinion, i think christmas is best spent just relaxing with family and watching something nice. no gifts needed. food maybe, i love me some chocolate crinkle cookies

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hard agree on this. Maybe it wouldn't be so awful if it wasn't played so much. every. single. year.
Never mind the 20th time: Elf is horrific the first time you watch it. Let’s not pretend there is anything remotely tolerable or funny about it. This film made me profoundly angry even as a dumb 7-year-old who could probably laugh at paint drying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)