Unpopular opinions

I actually like Maxie and Archie a lot. Not because I think their goals are smart; they are indeed dumb, but I like how they actually feel remorseful for their plans, and actually admit they are wrong. They actually acknowledge there errors, and that's quite rare among core series villains ( with Guzma only being the other notable example. ) with some of the side series being groups like Pokemon Pinchers being the other few. So.. What I'm trying to say... I can see why people dislike them.. But I dislike that people hate them for being the worst, even when there are much worse Villains, like Lysandre who refuses player's offer of friendship.

Here's another unpopular opinion, not mine, but one of my friends. So essentially it goes like this: Pokemon X and Y was harder than ORAS. Sure, you've got higher levels. But, the Elite four have 4 Pokemon rosters and there are too many opportunities to grind. On top of that, Diantha is just a weakling. Not only is her team weak to the type that was JUST ADDED TO THE GAME AND THEREFORE THE TYPE EVERYONE WILL BE USING her only counter to it is weak to fairy itself. Finally, the final fight in X and Y is laughable. 3 level 60s? Compare that to my nightmare: U-turn fast Swellow.

Finally, the final fight in X and Y is laughable.
It's supposed to be. If I remember correctly, it's one of the few fights in the game which doesn't actually track whether you won or not. The guy you fight hasn't had a battle in literal millennia and doesn't have his ace Pokemon.

I thought it was a nice post-credits surprise, being the first time in the series they'd done that. (Now it's like a Marvel post-credit scene, everyone expects it)

It's supposed to be. If I remember correctly, it's one of the few fights in the game which doesn't actually track whether you won or not. The guy you fight hasn't had a battle in literal millennia and doesn't have his ace Pokemon.

I thought it was a nice post-credits surprise, being the first time in the series they'd done that. (Now it's like a Marvel post-credit scene, everyone expects it)
i think ORAS did that but the fight is harder. Just sayin' , ya know?

Yeah agreed. Also, as I’m sure basically everyone knows, the Pokémon used by AZ all have some kind of ancient connection or represent longevity (bit of a stretch for Torkoal but tortoises live for a pretty long time so ehhh), which is pretty neat.

You’re the newly crowned Champion, so I think it makes sense to have a battle that you’re unlikely to find super difficult, because you’ve already had your moment of triumph and not everything has to be about you.

Although it wasn’t covered super deeply and got a bit lost among the parts of XY I liked less, AZ’s backstory was pretty poignant, so having his arc end with that battle and the return of his Floette was a nice way to cap things off imo.

Last edited:
This has been my mind since USM. In SM, the ultra beasts play a crucial role since Lusamine releases them in Alola, and then goes off to the ultra deep sea in order to be with Nihilego. Let's stop here. This is what I like about the evil team in SM. They don't focus on the legendary Pokemon- rather its you who uses the legendary to aid you- instead of you catching the legendary as a result of the team's failure to use it properly. Once the Lusamine threat is gone, there's still the UB hunt which is carried out by the International Police, which the post game is centered around. What I'm trying to say is that the UBs were the focus- not Solgaleo/Lunala of SM- and the driving force around the characters.

Then USM came around. Oh boy, by shifting everything to Necrozma, the whole story becomes questionable. Since Lusamine is now determined to save the world from Necrozma, the scene where Nihilego appears doesn't have to be there, since Nihilego is not a factor in the plot anymore. The cutscene of the UBs going against the Kahunas should also be removed, since the UB hunt has been replaced by Rainbow Rocket, which ruins their " threatening " notion. In fact, Lusamine personality should be totally different in USM, since without Nihilego, Lusamine should have retained her "kind" personality. But no. Necrozma ruins everything.

Instead the UBs are delegated to being stuck in their homeworlds, where you can obtain multiple copies. That's nice, but that's only a feature a competive player would appreciate. And they had the nerve to introduce new UBs in the game...

My Unpoular Opinion: The UBs should not appear in USM because their presence doesn't make any sense and isn't relevant to the story.

Last edited:
I really like that everyone's referring to USUM's story problems as "Necrozma Ruins Everything" or some variation thereof.

That's not even irony I just kinda love it. Carry on
To be fair that's also how USUM's storyline goes: Everything was whole hunky-dory in Alola until Necrozma ruined everything by eating the light.

It's USUM's story problem in both the sense that it's the main antagonist and in the meta sense that many player feel its forced inclusion into SM's story wasn't properly done to make it feel natural nor made it better.

To be fair that's also how USUM's storyline goes: Everything was whole hunky-dory in Alola until Necrozma ruined everything by eating the light.

It's USUM's story problem in both the sense that it's the main antagonist and in the meta sense that many player feel its forced inclusion into SM's story wasn't properly done to make it feel natural nor made it better.
Then when gen 8 comes around we'll be singing Necrozma's praises because the plot is somehow "worse" than USUM's, and Let's Go will be blamed for taking development time away from the Pokemon games "anyone actually cares about"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)