Unpopular opinions

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
On the topic of Exp. Share and Exp. Groups, I had another idea of how to fix it that might be tenable?

What if instead of distributing experience (or maybe on top of it, if the experience shared is balanced better), having it enabled also nullifies the effect of Exp. Groups. So every Pokémon in your party levels as if they're in the Normal exp. group or something.

I feel like this is a more refined way of achieving what the devs seem to want:
A) The purpose of exp. groups, insofar as I can tell, is to make it more difficult to use powerful Pokémon. Of course, it doesn't do that and only works theoretically and in isolation, because it actually makes it harder to justify using the Pokémon on your team with better experience curves since you have to focus on using the one Pokémon with a slow curve so it keeps up. Since the Exp. All seems intended as some kind of easy mode, nullifying this effect seems better.
B) The modern games seem as anti-grind in design as possible, because Game Freak is for some reason still scared that all the kids will go and play Angry Birds instead of Pokémon. This idea legitimately just gives every Pokémon better experience throughout the adventure lessening the need for grinding even more.
C) Since the games seem designed around having Exp. All on (SwSh doesn't even let you turn it off), every Pokémon having the same level curve makes it way easier to balance opponent levels.

This would depend on the Exp. All being a key item again, of course, so players who don't use the Exp. All can play with a more authentic experience where the on paper more powerful Pokémon still require a little more work grinding. But it seems like a pretty clear solution to the at times game-breaking interaction between Exp. Groups and the Exp. All (this interaction being my least favourite part of SwSh and why I dislike going back and playing it now).

On the topic of Exp. Share and Exp. Groups, I had another idea of how to fix it that might be tenable?

What if instead of distributing experience (or maybe on top of it, if the experience shared is balanced better), having it enabled also nullifies the effect of Exp. Groups. So every Pokémon in your party levels as if they're in the Normal exp. group or something.

A) The purpose of exp. groups, insofar as I can tell, is to make it more difficult to use powerful Pokémon. Of course, it doesn't do that and only works theoretically and in isolation, because it actually makes it harder to justify using the Pokémon on your team with better experience curves since you have to focus on using the one Pokémon with a slow curve so it keeps up. Since the Exp. All seems intended as some kind of easy mode, nullifying this effect seems better.
B) The modern games seem as anti-grind in design as possible, because Game Freak is for some reason still scared that all the kids will go and play Angry Birds instead of Pokémon. This idea legitimately just gives every Pokémon better experience throughout the adventure lessening the need for grinding even more.
C) Since the games seem designed around having Exp. All on (SwSh doesn't even let you turn it off), every Pokémon having the same level curve makes it way easier to balance opponent levels.

This would depend on the Exp. All being a key item again, of course, so players who don't use the Exp. All can play with a more authentic experience where the on paper more powerful Pokémon still require a little more work grinding. But it seems like a pretty clear solution to the at times game-breaking interaction between Exp. Groups and the Exp. All (this interaction being my least favourite part of SwSh and why I dislike going back and playing it now).
Very interesting idea.

I don't know why GF is so scared of kids deserting the fanbase, given that the bulk of the players happen to be older in age from what I know. They could also simply add some new difficulty features to cater to both fans who want an easy game and those who want a real challenge - an ''easy'' mode where accumulating experience is a lot easier and faster and a ''hard'' mode where the opponents have nigh competitive movesets.

Just remove the dang groups. It's been a horrible idea since Gen 1 and now it's an artifact that stunts the franchise.

I went the extra mile and changed every mon to Medium-Slow on SwSh manually.

It's a whole new game.

Just remove the dang groups. It's been a horrible idea since Gen 1 and now it's an artifact that stunts the franchise.

I went the extra mile and changed every mon to Medium-Slow on SwSh manually.

It's a whole new game.
While it would definitely make things a bit more convenient for people using those mons, I gotta disagree.

It's completely fair for raising especially powerful Pokémon to be a challenge, like Dratini and Bagon. The part I don't like is how late they evolve, which would be a terrible thing even if they were in the Fast experience group or the one above that (Fluctuating?).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's completely fair for raising especially powerful Pokémon to be a challenge, like Dratini and Bagon. The part I don't like is how late they evolve, which would be a terrible thing even if they were in the Fast experience group or the one above that (Fluctuating?).
On the other hand, you would think that this late evolution in itself would provide enough of a drawback when using them, or what? If the Pokémon doesn't get good until level thirty-something anyway, why would it also need to take forever to get there?

On the other hand, you would think that this late evolution in itself would provide enough of a drawback when using them, or what? If the Pokémon doesn't get good until level thirty-something anyway, why would it also need to take forever to get there?
Eh, I think this drawback is too extreme to be justified lol. The slow experience group is tolerable, if only just? But waiting till L40+ to evolve?

That is a joke.

True, Dragonite is also a very friendly Pokemon. Dragonite is definitely one of my favorite pseudo-legendaries, and I think its pretty cute. I guess I never thought of it on the same level of cute as Goodra because of that Johto episode where it goes on an outrage and destroys a forest, and how Iris's Dragonite was portrayed. And there was also Moon's Pokedex Entry: "Incur the wrath of this normally calm Pokémon at your peril, because it will smash everything to smithereens before it's satisfied."
I never saw either of these anime versions of Dragonite, so I never got that impression from it. IIRC, the only Dragonite I ever saw in the anime was the one in the first movie which was a mail deliverer, and it seemed pretty friendly to me from what I can remember. I think my overall impression of Dragonite being friendly is mostly from how it is depicted in sprites/models and official artwork. From the sprites and models, only the ones from R/B and R/G show it as being somewhat angry, while all of its official artwork show it as being friendly to me. And yeah, its Pokédex entry in Moon is really scary, but it also mentions that Dragonite is normally calm. Reading its other Pokédex entries, it is mentioned as being kindhearted in R/S/E, UM and Sword, and many of them mentioning it helping people at sea. So I guess that's why I see Dragonite as kind and friendly. As for Goodra, I it in the same way because it looks very friendly in models and artwork, and several of its Pokédex entries also mentions it being friendly.
As for battle performance, its true Goodra has never been at the top of the crop in Singles. It has, however, had pretty good results in VGC 14, 17, and early 20, specifically as a special wall that can take on the likes of Sun, Rain, and plethora Special Attackers like Gengar, Greninja, Mega Charizard Y, Thundurus, Ludicolo, Nihilego, Zapdos, Porygon-Z etc. There very few Pokemon who can blanket check all those. Sap Sipper is also incredibly useful against Amoonguss, and access to Sludge Bomb gave it a better than average matchup against Fairy types than the Kommo-o and Hydreigon.
That's interesting. I don't play VGC so I had no idea about any of that, but I can definitely see Goodra being a pretty good special wall thanks to its high Sp.def, Sap Sipper, useful typing and decent movepool. From personal experience though, I have had much more success with Dragonite. I have used it on several teams for the Battle Subway and Maison, and even on one of the few online teams I have made, which was in Gen 6. Good stats on the whole, Multiscale, Roost, Dragon Dance and an otherwise vast movepool has given me great success with it for the most part.
I've already praised SM for being some of the best looking games of the franchise ( way better than SwSh ), but it took me a long time to realize that. Why? Well, because I played SM on an original 3DS and, OH MY LORD, its very clear they wanted you play these games on the New 3DS. When ever I first started my Moon cartridge on my 3DS, I got the message, " The SD card is corrupted", it took me like 30 minutes to get my copy running. Every time when I opened by Moon game, it always felt like it took 30-40 seconds for the title screen to load. And that's before things like Double Battles, where the trainers the stand motionless for 10 seconds. If you quit the game from the home screen on the original 3DS, you had to restart the whole system. And that's before considering the performance issues. I guess the best way to describe it for New 3DS players is this: Playing Gen 7 on an original 3DS was like playing DP.
I only have two original 3DS (XL) and I have thus played all my Pokémon games on them. I never had any issues with the SD card getting corrupted, but I agree about the slow loading times for S/M and US/UM. It felt like it took a long time for these games to get started, and sometimes battles were slow too, especially Double battles. In comparison, I never felt that X/Y and OR/AS were that slow, neither when it came to starting the games nor when I played them. I also felt that US/UM were noticably faster than S/M even if I played them on the same system. And I guess the bolded part of your post is yet another reason as for why I can consider S/M to be the D/P of Gen 7.

Personally, I think all the 3DS games as well as S/S look great in terms of graphics. The same even goes for LGP/E, I haven't played them but they look great from what I have seen in trailers and videos. Not sure which I think look the very best though. I'd guess US/UM or S/S, the former might be more advanced seen to the system while the latter has the edge thanks to being in HD.

Next, regarding the Exp. Share and the easiness of Pokémon games, since it was brought up. I mostly agree with what has been said about the thing with the new Exp. Share is that it makes the games less tedious and not necessarily easier (because, like it or not, Pokémon games have always been very easy). However, I do think they should have kept the Exp. Share optional in Gen 8 just like it was in Gen 6/7.

I also want to say something about Pokémon Archetypes since it has been discussed recently and I came up with a potentially new archetype which I don't think has been mentioned before. This might be the wrong thread, but I'll say it here anyway since I'm not sure where else to post it. What I came up with is the "Mushroom" archetype, as I like to call it. However, it only appears in every other generation as opposed to in every generation. The Pokémon that are a part of it so far are the Paras, Shroomish, Foongus and Morelull lines. What they all have in common is the following:
- They are always introduced in an odd generation (1, 3, 5, 7, with 9 very likely to follow)
- They are based on mushrooms/fungi
- Apart from Morelull/Shiinotic, they are all classified as Mushroom Pokémon in the Pokédex. Morelull and Shiinotic are classified as Illuminating Pokémon instead
- They are two-stage Grass-types
- The final evolution is always dual-typed (and with the sole exception of Shroomish, all base stages are dual-typed as well)
- They have Effect Spore as one of their primary Abilities (or in the case of the Foongus line, their only primary Ability)
- They can learn the move Spore, and they are the only Pokémon which can learn the move (apart from Smeargle). The only exception is Breloom which cannot learn Spore through level-up, but Shroomish can which means Breloom can get it as well.

So I guess that's an archetype to an extent, if nothing else. I'm not sure if there are any similar archetypes like this which only appear in every other generation or on a similar basis as opposed to in every generation, but this was one I could think of. Maybe something similar can be said for the fossils, but they were already on the archetype sheet with a note that they do not appear in every generation.

I would be very surprised if they don't follow up with a 5th Pokémon like this in Gen 9. And in order to maybe make this unpopular, I want say that this is an archetype I really like. I will actually be very disappointed if there is no new mushroom Pokémon in Gen 9.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I never saw either of these anime versions of Dragonite, so I never got that impression from it.
Clair's Dragonite: In the Johto arc, when Ash & co. arrives to Blackthorn City for Ash to get his eighth Johto Badge, they learn that nearby Blackthorn is the Dragon Holy Land and living there is the former Blackthorn City Gym Leader's Dragonite who guards it. Normally peaceful, Team Rocket end up getting into the Dragon Holy Land, trick Dragonite into helping them, and while Dragonite was fighting Ash & co. & Clair they tried to steal the valuables from the shrine there. They try stealing a golden prayer ball with the flame still lit in it, but accidentally end up setting the Dragon Holy Lands on fire. Dragonite, seeing the destruction and realizing it was tricked, immediately went into a rage causing even more damage to the Dragon Holy Land. Ash & co. & Clair succeed in calming down Dragonite, it weeping for the massive damage it has caused to the Dragon Holy Land though all the other Pokemon living there comfort it. Meanwhile Team Rocket try leaving with a holy relic, a Dragon Fang, but Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt blasting them off and retrieving the Dragon Fang. (EP252 & EP253)
It's then revealed in Black & White's Decolore Arc that Clair had caught this Dragonite and uses it for the episode she appears in, it forming a fierce rivalry with Iris's Dragonite, both trying to one-up each other (and poor Ash's Charizard trying to break up their fights only for both of them to push it aside). (BW136)

Iris's Dragonite: Iris's Dragonite is notable for being cranky and foul-tempered which is different from how a Dragonite usually is. It's revealed in the past it has had a fierce rivalry with a Hydreigon. It was after one battle with Hydreigon that it injured its wing causing it to find someplace to rest which ended up being inside a power plant accidentally causing Undella Town to have a blackout. This is where Ash & co. get involved and, after helping Dragonite and Iris forming a bond with it, it does decide to stay with Iris. From there you can read the rest of its article, but main point is that Iris's challenge with Dragonite is getting it to open up to her but it's too jaded to want to do it, even not wanting to listen to her if it feels like it could battle batter than what she's telling it. Dragonite also liked picking fights with strong opponents, notably Ash's Charizard and the above mentioned Clair's Dragonite.
There's plenty of clips on Youtube of Iris's Dragonite essentially being a jerk cause it's such a stark contrast to how Dragonite is usually shown it sticks out.

I also want to say something about Pokémon Archetypes since it has been discussed recently and I came up with a potentially new archetype which I don't think has been mentioned before. This might be the wrong thread, but I'll say it here anyway since I'm not sure where else to post it. What I came up with is the "Mushroom" archetype, as I like to call it. However, it only appears in every other generation as opposed to in every generation. The Pokémon that are a part of it so far are the Paras, Shroomish, Foongus and Morelull lines. What they all have in common is the following:
- They are always introduced in an odd generation (1, 3, 5, 7, with 9 very likely to follow)
- They are based on mushrooms/fungi
- Apart from Morelull/Shiinotic, they are all classified as Mushroom Pokémon in the Pokédex. Morelull and Shiinotic are classified as Illuminating Pokémon instead
- They are two-stage Grass-types
- The final evolution is always dual-typed (and with the sole exception of Shroomish, all base stages are dual-typed as well)
- They have Effect Spore as one of their primary Abilities (or in the case of the Foongus line, their only primary Ability)
- They can learn the move Spore, and they are the only Pokémon which can learn the move (apart from Smeargle). The only exception is Breloom which cannot learn Spore through level-up, but Shroomish can which means Breloom can get it as well.
Huh, never realized that but you're right. Let's see what Gen 9 does though before making it an official archetype.

There's plenty of clips on Youtube of Iris's Dragonite essentially being a jerk cause it's such a stark contrast to how Dragonite is usually shown it sticks out.
And now you have Ash's Dragonite that is taking the "stereotypes" to an extreme.

(which kind of reminds me on an incomplete fan fiction I made a long time ago that had a Haxorus that was the girliest girl ever in terms of personality, but at the same time she could decimate opponents in battle with her hacked moveset)

Last edited:
And now you have Ash's Dragonite that is taking the "stereotypes" to an extreme.

(which kinds of reminds me on an incomplete fan fiction I made a long time ago that had a Haxorus that was the girliest girl ever in terms of personality, but at the same time she could decimate opponents in battle with her hacked moveset)
Interesting, tell us more. The idea of a ''girly girl'' Haxorus is pretty cool, I like it when you have characters that are multidimensional like that. A sadistic and bloodthirsty Wigglytuff would be a pretty hilarious Pokemon to have in a work, I think.

Wait...Ash has a Dragonite?! Since when?!

If anything, Pokemon's easiness comes from the lack good AI and IVs and bad movesets. For example, every generic trainer that isn't part of the gym challenge have their IVs set to 0 in SwSh. Or the lack of proper movesets, for example, Allister's Mimikyu doesn't have a single Fairy type move despite being an excellent way to prevent you from steamrolling with Dark types. It doesn't even have 4 moves. If you know basics of The Pokemon, I highly doubt SwSh would prove challenging even if you did not have the experience share.
I can't defend/explain GF's odd penchant for leaving important trainers' Pokémon with only three moves (sudden thought: a way to regulate the AI's move selection perhaps?), but the lack of a Fairy move on Mimikyu is at least partially due to Fairy having one non-signature physical move (and one that may be a bit too overbearing at the point you fight Allister, especially with its Disguise). The only options it has for any Fairy attacks are Play Rough, Draining Kiss, and Dazzling Gleam (having it use its weaker offensive stat probably would have been okay but oh well).

I can't defend/explain GF's odd penchant for leaving important trainers' Pokémon with only three moves (sudden thought: a way to regulate the AI's move selection perhaps?), but the lack of a Fairy move on Mimikyu is at least partially due to Fairy having one non-signature physical move (and one that may be a bit too overbearing at the point you fight Allister, especially with its Disguise). The only options it has for any Fairy attacks are Play Rough, Draining Kiss, and Dazzling Gleam (having it use its weaker offensive stat probably would have been okay but oh well).
Hot take: Maybe why they do that is to give the gym more of a ghost gym? Perhaps, they just add a bunch of ghost moves to make it more centralized, and not have a younger player with his Galarian-Linoone get a curveball thrown at him because of a play rough. You have to think from GF's point of view to understand they're thinking. It may seem just to be a useless dumming down, but it helps those kids from throwing out the game because the dumb pikachu hit them with a super effective move when he was a ghost type. Deep down, GF actually has a reason for their nonsense. This is why I couldn't disagree with you ever more. ( Kinda playing devil's advocate, but I have a reason for doing so.)

Edit: The same reason we cant get all this super hard stuff in the post-game is because GF understands that the majority of people who play their games are kids. So, they want them to keep playing, so they throw in a bunch of easier stuff to keep their brains engaged and never to feel really roadblocked. They won't add a hard mode, because we are the minority of a the people who buy their games. Why spend money to appeal to teh minority? At a company's standpoint, it's a useless feature to add. They are cold hearted, but cunning.

Edit 2: I met a younger kid, maybe 8, lets call him David. David grew up with X and Y. He was always engaged because he could get past everything, and every time it gave him a lot of dopamine. He brought everything pokemon, plushies, beds, wallpapers, etc. This is what GF wants. They want to get kids to spend all this money on all these things from their products. They want this kid to be engaged in the games, get the new games, buy everything they have, and in the end, use him to make money. Once he is dis-intrested, they made more money David's spending than they spent on the products they were selling him. They want more Davids, so they make it to appeal to davids, by making it easier for younger kids. Once tehy are a teen, they move on, but they still made a lot of money from when he was a fan. It's a un-ethical cycle, but a effecient one.

Last edited:
Are kids still the majority of players? I've never seen actual stats and it's not an assumption I'm willing to make.
Googled it, and you are right. I guess my post kinda just got instantly disproved. I think that they do perhaps maybe kind of trying to appeal to these kids? I cant fully trust the reddit post that said that most people who play are over 18, put salvaging my idea, maybe they are trying to grapple in these kids and turn them into these die hard gamer fans like (maybe perhaps kinda not) people who commit their lives to pokemon(?) . Maybe they already know that most people are over 18 and becoming big critics, so they want to push them away? I try to defend GF and get instantly yeeted. Maybe Gf doesn't have that much cunning? ( I just pulled all of this form under the table, so i think it's horrible)

Edit: Nah, they know that they're audience are adults, and have been trying to nostolgia trip all of their origninal buyers back in. I feel really dumb now.

Edit 2: yay reddit post

Edit 3: " Online demographics polls like these are really not that trustworthy because what 7 year old is doing an online demographics poll on twitter or reddit? "

Checked it, and the info was right. They proved it right with links, (to real interviews) so I can trust it.

Edit 4: Oh crap, dramps was right. This isnt really real info, and it was poll based. On reddit.

lol

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Googled it, and you are right. I guess my post kinda just got instantly disproved. I think that they do perhaps maybe kind of trying to appeal to these kids? I cant fully trust the reddit post that said that most people who play are over 18, put salvaging my idea, maybe they are trying to grapple in these kids and turn them into these die hard gamer fans like (maybe perhaps kinda not) people who commit their lives to pokemon(?) . Maybe they already know that most people are over 18 and becoming big critics, so they want to push them away? I try to defend GF and get instantly yeeted. Maybe Gf doesn't have that much cunning? ( I just pulled all of this form under the table, so i think it's horrible)
Online demographics polls like these are really not that trustworthy because what 7 year old is doing an online demographics poll on twitter or reddit?

Hot take: Maybe why they do that is to give the gym more of a ghost gym? Perhaps, they just add a bunch of ghost moves to make it more centralized, and not have a younger player with his Galarian-Linoone get a curveball thrown at him because of a play rough. You have to think from GF's point of view to understand they're thinking. It may seem just to be a useless dumming down, but it helps those kids from throwing out the game because the dumb pikachu hit them with a super effective move when he was a ghost type. Deep down, GF actually has a reason for their nonsense. This is why I couldn't disagree with you ever more. ( Kinda playing devil's advocate, but I have a reason for doing so.)

Edit: The same reason we cant get all this super hard stuff in the post-game is because GF understands that the majority of people who play their games are kids. So, they want them to keep playing, so they throw in a bunch of easier stuff to keep their brains engaged and never to feel really roadblocked. They won't add a hard mode, because we are the minority of a the people who buy their games. Why spend money to appeal to teh minority? At a company's standpoint, it's a useless feature to add. They are cold hearted, but cunning.

Edit 2: I met a younger kid, maybe 8, lets call him David. David grew up with X and Y. He was always engaged because he could get past everything, and every time it gave him a lot of dopamine. He brought everything pokemon, plushies, beds, wallpapers, etc. This is what GF wants. They want to get kids to spend all this money on all these things from their products. They want this kid to be engaged in the games, get the new games, buy everything they have, and in the end, use him to make money. Once he is dis-intrested, they made more money David's spending than they spent on the products they were selling him. They want more Davids, so they make it to appeal to davids, by making it easier for younger kids. Once tehy are a teen, they move on, but they still made a lot of money from when he was a fan. It's a un-ethical cycle, but a effecient one.
On the other hand... Look at that KANTOOOOOO pandering to appeal to those RBY Gen 1 OGs.

Game Freak repeatedly tries to have their cake and eat it too when it comes to difficulty.

Too easy, and people like us get bored. Too hard (Hi Platinum) and apparently, the kids throw the game out to go back to their mobile games. That is *high-key* insulting to newer generation kids btw, but apparently, people raised on GOAT Platinum's era were built different.

If only there was a way to have a different difficulty setting to make things easier or harder in the game... :psysly:

Suspicious Derivative, do you at least remember this big mon?
Partly. I believe I watched that episode of the anime (not sure though), but the main thing I can remember from it is how Dragonite was portrayed as a complete mystery, not so much regarding Dragonite itself.
Clair's Dragonite:
-snip-

Iris's Dragonite:
-snip-
Thanks for the very detailed information! Iris's Dragonite is interesting, I read a bit about it on Bulbapedia yesterday. I guess it showcases something I like with the anime: how they can put a completely different and unexpected spin on certain Pokémon, breaking stereotypes for their species. Something that is unfortunately very hard to do (right) in the games.

Also, my unpopular(?) opinion regarding difficulty and the age of the fanbase: It doesn't matter whether the majority of players are adults or kids, the target audience for Pokémon is still kids (as it has always been), and the kids should never be ignored or considered less important in favor of the adults. Also, just because we old players find the newer games easy doesn't mean the same goes for the younger players of today. I have talked about this before, using an example I have seen in real life. Difficulty settings that are 100% optional would be a good option to make everyone satisfied (but since we are Pokémon fans, we will of course complain about them anyway if they should exist, am I right?). But asking for difficulty settings in the games is hardly an unpopular opinion. It feels like this is another of those discussions that gets brought up every once in a great while without ever reaching a conclusion, but I guess that's because we players are not in the position to fix this issue.

But asking for difficulty settings in the games is hardly an unpopular opinion. It feels like this is another of those discussions that gets brought up every once in a great while without ever reaching a conclusion, but I guess that's because we players are not in the position to fix this issue.
Pretty much. It's the one quick and easy solution to at least attempt to please everyone.

Sure, some people will complain regardless, but there will always be complaints. What matters is evaluating whether or not they're justified.

[/QUOTE]
But asking for difficulty settings in the games is hardly an unpopular opinion. It feels like this is another of those discussions that gets brought up every once in a great while without ever reaching a conclusion, but I guess that's because we players are not in the position to fix this issue.
[/QUOTE]

Difficulty options is not a unpopular opinion, ( Like SD said) and I think we, as a fanbase, should stop whining because GF isn't going to put it in. Incredible try-hard die-hard fans aren't going to get that put in, because it would only truly benefit them, not the kids, which it is aimed at. Most of those people THAT are adults, probably are being nostolgia baited, so we are kinda the minority. Why spend resources that would only appeal to a minority, when you could spend it on the appeals the majority and the target? ( Kids & and Adults coming back for nostolgia) doesn't really make sense to do it for us, unless it takes a dramatic turn in the people who play, then they might(?) but probably won't. It's a dumb topic to spar about, because difficulty options or things that appeal die-hard fans aren't going to added. ( maybe probably not at all perhaps)

Edit: Oh, maybe I am wrong on this one, for the 7th time. If it would please everyone like Volt said, then my logic is fundamentally flawed. Maybe I shouldn't side with Gf anymore...

Edit 2: Good point, Good point, maybe I shouldn't give up on Gf. Thanks for addressing me Clever ( Clev or clever?) . That could be a reason for not implementing it, maybe giving my post any tiny bit of evidence (?) And i forgot what I was going to say.

Edit 3: Celver. It's Celver. Not clever. I'm really sorry dude.

Edit 6: How do I fix my quotes like Celever?

Edit 4: Wait, it was Celever? I feel... I'm just sorry for my stupid brain.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Difficulty options is not a unpopular opinion, ( Like SD said) and I think we, as a fanbase, should stop whining because GF isn't going to put it in. Incredible try-hard die-hard fans aren't going to get that put in, because it would only truly benefit them, not the kids, which it is aimed at. Most of those people THAT are adults, probably are being nostolgia baited, so we are kinda the minority. Why spend resources that would only appeal to a minority, when you could spend it on the appeals the majority and the target? ( Kids & and Adults coming back for nostolgia) doesn't really make sense to do it for us, unless it takes a dramatic turn in the people who play, then they might(?) but probably won't. It's a dumb topic to spar about, because difficulty options or things that appeal die-hard fans aren't going to added. ( maybe probably not at all perhaps)

Edit: Oh, maybe I am wrong on this one, for the 7th time. If it would please everyone like Volt said, then my logic is fundamentally flawed. Maybe I shouldn't side with Gf anymore...
Difficulty setting were in B2W2. They just implemented them so horrendously badly that no one was able to use them without 2 DSes and both B2 and W2.

It’s plausible that the “poor reception to the difficulty settings” means GF thinks fans don’t care if they’re included or not, but if that’s true it shows how clueless GF is. People took issue with the implementation but were a big fan of the idea, and the difficulty modes were hyped up pre-release by everyone.

They also included an easy mode in this instance for young kids!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)