SM NU Until it's over

Until it's over

Introduction
hey, im espeonage, and welcome to my first rmt and my 100th post!!!!!!!!!! the achievements this team has are me getting reqs w this squad, i got to top 10 and like 1485 on suspect ladder w it (sadly dont have any screens to prove it but i did get to that:psycry:). i think this teams super fun and cool, so i wanted to make a rmt for it, especially since i realised i was at 99 posts and this would be my 100th. anyway, on to the team:blobwizard:

Building process
i decided to start w dd z iron tail scrafty bc a lot of teams are underprepped for it and rely on things like slowbro and palosand as their fighting checks that scrafty can exploit with only like a diancie or croaker as a scrafty check, which get bopped by z iron tail
i added sneasel bc it and scrafty can wear down or just lure each others checks like hariyama and diancie
defensive venu was added to check mons the team was super weak to so far like pass, comfey and whimsi. i later added roar to it to beat opposing venus and phase out setup sweepers.
rocks diancie was added bc i lacked a rocker, needed a check to fire types like roar and phox and flying types like braviary and scyther.
iapapa roar was added to check things like ice cream and klinklang. i changed it to sd later altho still iapapa bc of how the team struggled to break fat.
rounding off the team, xatu was added as hazard control and a secondary fighting resist

In-Depth

poser (Scrafty) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail

dd scrafty is what i started with, and i definitely think its a super good set. there really isnt a lot that can beat this mon defensively outside of like qwilfish which is kinda bad pyuku which is only ran on stall and bat which can get knocked and takes 64-75 from +1 corkscrew w/o eviolite. this basically means most teams counterplay to it is either pressuring it to the point where it cant set up altho that isnt too easy bc scraftys kinda fat, or rkilling it w scarfers or super fast mons like sneasel or whimsi, altho the 2nd most common scarfer rotom loses to it, and sneasel crash only does 55-65. corkscrew crash can take advantage of a ton of scrafty checks such as diancie, croaker, aroma, and even defensive venu.

loner (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

sneasel+scrafty forms a cool dark spam core where the two of them can wear down each others checks. sneasel is sneasel and we all know what it does; super fast, knocks all its checks and pursuits things. this is also the teams primary rkiller to things like ice cream and croak. nothing special about this set, just sneasel doing its thing lol.

closure (Venusaur) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Roar
- Synthesis

venu is super important on this team and holds it together really nicely. its the teams primary check to fighting types like pass and yama, is the water resist, electric switch in, and grass type switch in. roar on this can phase out a few things, most notably opposing z celebrate venu, but it also means croak and klang cant setup freely on you, altho physical croak does a shitton to you w gunk or acid downpour.

losing my composure (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

diancie was added as a rocker and check to things such as incenaroar, houndoom, delphox, magmortar, guzzlord and malamar. phys def helps u take eq from incen, take on malamar and act as an emergency check to some fighting types, but u could run sp def if u wanted to take on phoxes and things better ig. i run power gem over diamond storm bc i prefer the extra pp and also eases the matchup vs sub bu brav (pgem diancie doesnt actually beat it but bc of the extra pp it allows u to play around it better and make some doubles to pressure it), and only time i ever rly wish i had diamond storm is vs av roars which is a p bad set and not much of a threat to my team.

ONE MORE WORD (Incineroar) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake

incenaroar is the teams main way of breaking fat, and also has some defensive utility as a check to ice cream and klinklang. the sets fairly standard besides the iapapa, which is mainly so that u can switch into things like vanilluxe. it was originally the standard defensive iapapa set altho i found that the team struggled w fat, so i switched it to this, altho a more defensive set can definitely work, but it does give up a lot of the teams breaking potential.

three ways (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Roost

xatu is the teams hazard control, and also has some situational use as a secondary fight resist. i chose this bc i wanted a form of hazard control that didnt drain too much momentum and could slightly ease the mu vs fighters, so this came to mind. just the standard xatu, bounces hazards and shit everybody knows what this does so idt i need to go into much detail.

Threatlist

Toxicroak:
croak is by far the biggest threat to this team, it has no switchins at all on this team. luckily, it doesnt come in on anything besides venu, which can roar it out w/o taking too much damage if special, altho if its physical u have to be rly careful and make sure to keep rocks off so sneasel can rkill.
Slowking: while more managable than croak, slowking can annoy this team a lot bc the team relies on venu as a water switchin, so it can exploit that. it can also force a lot of mindgames w future sight, and tr+np is especially scary, altho u can pursuit av w sneasel
Passamian: bc venu is the only good check to this mon, pass can be annoying if your opp pressures venu a lot and forces it to not synthesis.
Slowbro: slowbro is the same deal as king, but this is easier to beat w venu, but u cant pursuit it w sneasel.
Medicham: basically any team that doesnt have a slowbro or a palo is annoyed by this mon, and this isnt an exception. the mu is def dealable with bc of how medi gets no switchins and is chipped down easily, but it can cause problems.
Piloswine: pilo can get up rocks easily vs xatu and this team doesnt have a real switchin to it, but it isnt too hard to pressure and weaken.

Conclusion:

im not gonna do shoutouts or replays bc i dont have replays and im tired so i dont wanna write any more, but yeah, please give some feedback on this team, i really like it and wanted to share it. will probably become outdated once venu leaves but u could use a vileplume there and itd probably just do the same things. anyway, ty for reading, and i hope you enjoy the team if you want to use it!

reqs.PNG

poser (Scrafty) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail

loner (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

losing my composure (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

closure (Venusaur) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Roar
- Synthesis

three ways (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Roost

ONE MORE WORD (Incineroar) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake

Last edited:
SD iapapa inci? :psygrump:
Also heliolisk and vikkavolt are big threads since you don't really have a good switch in that doesn't get 2 OHKO. Same with whimsi since your switchcins to LO whimsi is predicting right. Also sand is a huge problem.
sd iapapa incin is weird but it does what it needs to do defensively, albeit not as reliably as a more defensive variant, but i feel like this team prefets a mon w more offensive use. idk how venu isnt a solid lisk switchin unless u have a torterra helio switchins dont get much more reliable than venu, u can also pursuit it w sneasel so if anything this team is actually well prepped for lisk. vika isnt really that threatening in practice bc the team can pressure it well offensively so it cant get many switchins, and diancie can switch in once or twice if u rly need it to. 252 SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Venusaur: 133-156 (36.5 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock lo whimsi isnt breaking venu from full even if they predict correctly and have rocks+ its not like if venu dies u just lose to whimsi. sand can be annoying yeah, but unless stoutland is iron head diancie can switch in to that safely, slash is definitely super hard to switch into, but u can fire off an attack vs whatever it switches into and put it in sneasel range, obviously not ideal but sands broke lol.

Last edited:

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, just a minor change. Fightnium Z > Steelium Z, steelium z doesnt really do anything that fightnium z doesnt do. The only thing that it doesnt hit with fightnium is aroma. With that, I recommend you running ice punch for venu instead of iron tail.

Cool team, btw!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)