• hes positive on the sheet how can he be washed LOL

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Tol

Retirement house
UNTITLED 513
or, washed unviable user makes an RMT for his 400th post

INTRODUCTION
Hey everyone, it's Tol. You might know me better for my god-awful PS! nick, THEHEHEHEH. Or maybe not, who knows. I've played Sun/Moon 1v1 since the early days of the meta, and I've had a lot of fun with it. A couple times over the years I've found extremely consistent teams that I thought might be worthy of going in one of these threads, but each time something dissuaded me from typing them up. Maybe they weren't easily accessible to someone trying to pick them up and go straight to ladder, maybe a coming ban would render a favorable metagame naught, or really any one of a hundred excuses I could come up with. This team, however, I think is different, and with my four hundredth post on this site I finally decided to type it up. I've already rambled on far too long in this intro, so without any further ado, here's the team.

BUILDING PROCESS
:mew:
Every team starts with one Pokémon, and for me, that was offensive Mewnium Z Mew. A defensive set with Kee Berry is extremely popular, and I hoped to throw people off with a somewhat unorthodox set.
:metagross-mega: :mew:
Mega Metagross seemed like an obvious pick for a second Pokemon, as it shored up Mew's weaknesses to Gyarados and fast physical attackers in general, among others, with Mew ably abetting it by countering Sturdy Pokemon such as Golem and Donphan in addition to other weak points of MegaGross.
:greninja: :metagross-mega: :mew:
It was at this point, searching for a third Pokemon, that I became stuck. I immediately thought of Choice Specs Greninja as a capable third after going down the VR, as it handles threats such as Jumpluff and Naganadel easily, but I ran into an surge of SpDef Charizards that consistently beat me. In despair, I almost gave up on the Pokemon entirely, but someone (I think it was ryyjyywyy) gave me a Substitute Petaya Greninja, and I never looked back.

THE TEAM

:3 (Mew) @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 20 Def / 244 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Fake Out
- Calm Mind
- Overheat
As promised, offensive Mewnium Mew. As I said before, most people expect Kee Mew (or Kew, as it is commonly known), so Mewnium comes as an unwelcome surprise. This particular set is fast enough to outspeed Genesect, which otherwise would pose a threat. (Side note: At the time of writing this, none of the SM teambuilders I asked knew what the Def EVs were for, so this will be left as an exercise for the reader.) Calm Mind allows you to beat bulky special attackers such as Magearna (in collaboration with Overheat), Primarina, and Tapu Fini. As an interesting side effect of Genesis Supernova, Psychic Terrain goes up, which allows you to defeat things with this set that you would not expect to, such as Whimsicott and Golem.

The Electric Version (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 60 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
This Metagross set, along with many of its ilk, should be familiar to anyone that plays SM 1v1: Gyarabeater MMeta. While this particular version retains all of the formidable physical bulk required to fell the Water/Dark behemoth, it also remains sturdy on the special side as a check to 1v1's many speedy special attackers, such as Greninja, Naganadel, and mixed Zeraora. Thunder Punch is a required move to beat Gyarados, and I am also choosing to run Earthquake as I think it is more applicable than other moves that might go in that slot, such as Zen Headbutt.

Sergio (Greninja) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 140 Def / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hydro Cannon
- Taunt
- Work Up
Sub Petaya Greninja is another relatively underutilized set, with most users of the Pokemon opting for its extremely good Specs Protean set. I have gone with SubTaya here as I needed a more consistent Charizard counter. Taunt and Work Up allow Greninja to fell defensive titans such as Type: Null and Aegislash with ease. The HP EVs allow Greninja to hit exactly 25% HP with its third Sub, allowing it to have a much better matchup against Mega Metagross and the aforementioned Aegislash. The Defense also goes towards that purpose, with the Speed being just fast enough to beat out Mega Lucario and Jumpluff. While this Greninja set loses out on a number of notable matchups as opposed to the Protean set (Naganadel among others), I believe the Charizard matchup was much more needed on this team.

THREATLIST AND A FEW TIPS:
:genesect: Scarf Genesect tears through this team. However, as I have never seen anyone besides myself use that particular Genesect set, it may not matter.
:slowbro-mega: This team has no way of beating Mega Slowbro, however declining usage of the Pokemon with the rise of the RegiSerp core and the fact that many Slowbro users will hesitate to send it out into what they think is a Specs Greninja, which beats Slowbro, means that this doesn't come up all that much.
:dragonite: You have to read the Dragonite set to get a win, however again the threat of a Specs Greninja with Ice Beam will dissuade people from picking it.
:charizard: This team as a whole soft lures good Zard players, which is nice.
:mew: This beats way more than you think it does. Click it whenever you're unsure about anything ever.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-1082891921 greninja does greninja things
I really don't save many replays, and the only other one I have is of me taunt stalling a pyuku with gren lol

Felucia- thanks for inviting some random ladder kid with a stupid nick and a Dusclops to the 1v1 groupchat, then the room, and putting up with me in not one but two communities for three years
the squad- pqs, pazza, tally, travis. we had some good times, didn't we? pity that two of them are gone now and one's locked on PS
Oceaney- thanks for giving me good advice that I totally ignored and for being the chillest BD user I know- rework 4.2 berserk you lazy shit
US East 1v1- 10/10 would ghost again. jokes aside y'all are the best and we're gonna win one of these years.
denizens of #card_games: I couldn't pick any people better to clown on WOTC with than you guys
TOX- TOX TOX TOX baby
Melo- least corrupt 1v1 auth (possibly the only one to not be an alien) and also chill fuckin dude
VG- sometimes I look at your sig to remind myself that +Theheheheh actually existed and wasn't a fever dream

if you think you deserved a shoutout that you didn't get yell at me on my wall ig
don't jet- tol​

Hi ya, Tol. It's WoA aka edudittA here, and I'm gonna try and get this team into better shape than it is in.

Like you've stated yourself, Choice Scarf Genesect is a threat to your team, and so I propose these Mew EVs:

EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature

252+ SpA Genesect Flamethrower vs. 80 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 102-120 (28.2 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

I think you are awesome enough in gen71v1 that your team is built to tear through other common threats, but if MBro is way too overbearing a problem, I'd suggest Dark Pulse on Greninja instead of Taunt.

Mega Metagross could do with a minor EV twerk as such:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 60 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

This comfortably outspeeds Smeargle, instead of having to endure painful speed ties, though I realize that Smeargle is not a threat to your team.

Reactions: Tol

Tol

Retirement house
Hi ya, Tol. It's WoA aka edudittA here, and I'm gonna try and get this team into better shape than it is in.

Like you've stated yourself, Choice Scarf Genesect is a threat to your team, and so I propose these Mew EVs:

EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature

252+ SpA Genesect Flamethrower vs. 80 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 102-120 (28.2 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
thanks for the advice woa
bro you could have just said that its to prevent download boost while keeping the same amount of physical bulk, as I assume that's what it is-
I haven't had any issues with smeargle, and i don't think I beat mega bro even with dark pulse, but thank you for the suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)