Multi Gen UPL 3 Replays Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
UPL REPLAYS THREAD

Thanks Shaian for the art! I finally got to use it in a thread ^_^​

I like using little Serebii minisprites in posts and we need one of these anyway so I'm making yet another replays thread @_@. This will be updated when I get around to it with all the Pokemon we know / all the games that are played. Discussion on games is appreciated, as otherwise there isn't much point in having this thread!

Team tags:
Skymins - [SKYMINS], Drizzlers - [DRIZZ], Fossils - [HELIX], Genesects - [SECTS], Durians - [DUR], Strongs - [SOUL]

Week 1

ORAS Ubers

[HELIX] aim vs [SOUL] Krauersaut
[HELIX] Soulgazer vs [SOUL] Mr.378
[SOUL] PomMan vs [HELIX] Tesung
[DRIZZ] galbia vs [DUR] Astounded
[DRIZZ] GGamer vs [DUR] Lord Outrage
[DRIZZ] Lemonade. vs [DUR] Safes
[SECTS] orch vs [SKYMINS] -Tsunami-
[SECTS] malefic vs [SKYMINS] Steve Angello
[SECTS] Level 56 vs [SKYMINS] KratosMana

BW Ubers

[HELIX] atomicllamas vs [SOUL] TGMD
[HELIX] Imanalt vs [SOUL] brokenwings
[DRIZZ] Destiny Device vs [DUR] WreckDra
[SECTS] Monsters of Men vs [SKYMINS] PROBLEMS
[SECTS] ZoroarkForever vs [SKYMINS] ZoroDark

DPP Ubers

[SKYMINS] reyscarface vs [SECTS] HSA ♥
[HELIX] Haruno vs [SOUL] Floppy
[HELIX] jrp vs [SOUL] boudouche
[DRIZZ] Jirachee vs [DUR] Honor
[DRIZZ] Mizuhime vs [DUR] Tomahawk
[SECTS] absdaddy vs [SKYMINS] kokoloko

ADV Ubers

[HELIX] JabbaTheGriffin vs [SOUL] Conflict
[DRIZZ] dekzeh vs [DUR] Transcendent God Champion
[SECTS] ikarus vs [SKYMINS] CrashinBoomBang

Activity calls / coinflips / dead games:
dice vs Kebabe (BW)

Week 2

ORAS Ubers

[HELIX] Haruno vs [SKYMINS] -Tsunami-
[DUR] Astounded vs [SOUL] Mr.378
[DRIZZ] Destiny Device vs [SECTS] Level 56
[SOUL] Krauersaut vs [DUR] Safes
[SKYMINS] Steve Angello vs [HELIX] FLCL
[DUR] Lord Outrage vs [SOUL] PomMan
[SECTS] malefic vs [DRIZZ] Lemonade.
[SECTS] orch vs [DRIZZ] GGamer
[HELIX] imanalt vs [SKYMINS] KratosMana

BW Ubers

[SKYMINS] PROBLEMS vs [HELIX] Soulgazer
[DUR] WreckDra vs [SOUL] TGMD
[SECTS] hyw vs [DRIZZ] dice
[SKYMINS] ZoroDark vs [HELIX] Arcticblast
[SECTS] ZoroarkForever vs [DRIZZ] Heatedline

DPP Ubers

[HELIX] Tesung vs [SKYMINS] reyscarface
[DUR] Honor vs [SOUL] Boudouche
[DRIZZ] Jirachee vs [SECTS] absdaddy
[SECTS] based n bad vs [DRIZZ] Minority Suspect
[SKYMINS] kokoloko vs [HELIX] aim

ADV Ubers

[DUR] Transcendent God Champion vs [SOUL] Floppy
[SKYMINS] Vileman vs [HELIX] JabbaTheGriffin

dekzeh vs ikarus (ADV)
Kebabe vs Blightbringer (BW)
Tomahawk vs august (DPP)

Week 3

ORAS Ubers

[SKY] Haunted Diamond vs [DRIZZ] Destiny Device

[DRIZZ] New Breed vs [SKY] Steve Angello
[DUR] Astounded vs [HELIX] JabbaTheGriffin

[DUR] papai noel vs [HELIX] Lord Outrage
[SECTS] orch vs [SOUL] Conflict
[SOUL] Krauersaut vs [SECTS] Level 56
[SKY] KratosMana vs [DRIZZ] Mega-Swampert
[DUR] WreckDra vs [HELIX] Soulgazer
[SECTS] malefic vs [SOUL] PomMan

BW Ubers

[SKY] ZoroDark vs [DRIZZ] Heatedline

[DUR] Kebabe vs [HELIX] 49

[SOUL] TGMD vs [SECTS] ZoroarkForever
[SECTS] Monsters of Men vs [SOUL] shrang
[SKY] -Tsunami- vs [DRIZZ] dice
DPP Ubers

[SECTS] absdaddy vs [SOUL] boudouche

[DUR] Nayrz vs [HELIX] Imanalt

[SKY] kokoloko vs [DRIZZ] galbia
[SKY] reyscarface vs [DRIZZ] Jirachee
[HELIX] Tesung vs [DUR] Myzozoa
[SECTS] HSA vs [SOUL] iris
ADV Ubers

[DRIZZ] Minority Suspect vs [SKY] PROBLEMS
[SECTS] ikarus vs [SOUL] Floppy

[HELIX] Haruno vs [DUR] Transcendent God Champion

aim vs D4RR3N (BW)

Last edited:

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
yeah ok I updated the thread

could we get some actual discussion instead of the only real posts in this thread being people trying to be "helpful" and posting the replays from the week when I don't happen to get them put in the OP the instant after they happen? I'm willing to acknowledge that I'm far from perfect but I don't see why you all are stressing so much over having every game in the OP when nobody's even bothering to comment on them.

Please stop trying to update my thread for me; it's quite annoying and ultimately pointless because I can't even copy the text from the links into the OP so I more or less have to do it all manually anyway.

hyw

Banned deucer.
To provide you with insight into my thought process during the match: the Stone Edge against Kyogre, the switch to Giratina-O as opposed to Ho-Oh in the sun, and other seemingly dubious plays were due to the threat of Landorus-T coming in freely, at which point I'd have to resort to my last chance of getting a 50/50 correct with my Espeon at 1 HP. My game plan was to keep my side of the field clear at all costs since I determined Ho-Oh to be my win condition as it wrecks the entire team bar Landorus-Therian, granted the weather is sunny. The hax at the end was funny and nerve wrecking lol but overall I thought it was a great match; both sides played at a high level and I was kept at the edge of my seat the whole match! xD The funniest part about the match was Problems' insinuation that Recover Ekiller is subpar or something. I dedicate my win to all of my closest friends in this community, you know who you are! x) Special shoutout to polop in hopes of resurrecting him from the dead.

To provide you with insight into my thought process during the match: the Stone Edge against Kyogre, the switch to Giratina-O as opposed to Ho-Oh in the sun, and other seemingly dubious plays were due to the threat of Landorus-T coming in freely, at which point I'd have to resort to my last chance of getting a 50/50 correct with my Espeon at 1 HP. My game plan was to keep my side of the field clear at all costs since I determined Ho-Oh to be my win condition as it wrecks the entire team bar Landorus-Therian, granted the weather is sunny. The hax at the end was funny and nerve wrecking lol but overall I thought it was a great match; both sides played at a high level and I was kept at the edge of my seat the whole match! xD The funniest part about the match was Problems' insinuation that Recover Ekiller is subpar or something. I dedicate my win to all of my closest friends in this community, you know who you are! x) Special shoutout to polop in hopes of resurrecting him from the dead.
I've told him this already but, honestly, I think dice just fucked up at the lead choice. Kyogre was without a doubt the safest pick and he could've totally gotten away with a Forry lead as well. I think he was respecting the Darkrai and, to an extent, the Espeon way too much. As you pointed out, Landorus-T was a very important Pokemon in the matchup. Having it eat a Brave Bird early in the game not only sucked in setting up SR, but also denied him an easy Gdon punish that would have helped a lot when he was forced to spam sun Scalds and let Ho-Oh in more than the team is designed to. He was playing behind from that first turn onwards and you can't afford to do that in these later (shitty) generations.

Go play adv ubers guys.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is more for myself than anything, but when SG and I's replay is put here, you will see a perfect example of "not thinking clearly" turn 2. Toxic was the play to make, I realized this a couple turns after, but the way he brought in Rockceus had me fearing for the safety of my Waterceus, so assuming Toxic would be coming my way as well, I switched and ended up with a burned Ferrothorn and Waterceus by the time Rockceus had run its course. It would have been an slightly favored trade towards me should we have traded Toxic that turn, since both of our Arceus were very important to checking our Salamence. His Arceus also had Ho-Oh to deal with though, and believe me the game would have been a load easier should Rockceus have been badly poisoned from turn 2. This was a combination of dehydration, timer pressure because I took way too long at preview, and just plain not giving myself enough time to think.

I figured I would post this so that we can all take away from it. Think all the way through your turns folks, it will save you a lot of embarrassment in the end. That turn will haunt me for awhile, but that is probably a good thing.

PS: Also, before anyone else brings this up, I would like a address turn 1 by saying, for what it is worth, smacking Groudon there with Salamence was probably better. This is a minor detail when compared to turn 2, so I won't go into detail about it.

Once again, this post is mostly for me, but I hope you folks can take away from it what I have. Who knows, it may make this less of a "Farm League" tour and give the tour itself some more caliber that it has been lacking.

Last edited:
Why is this thread still stickied? The replays aren't posted til end of the week so if I wanted to watch a game I'm interested in, I'd still have to go through the UPL thread to find it. The only "discussion" in here has been salty posts and notes to self. One less thread to scroll past would be great, imo. o.o

It doesn't seem to have been working out for you, tomahawk.

Also, Lord Outrage is right. All ORAS Ubers replays suck balls, no need to act high and mighty about them as if there are any worth actually watching. The good metagames don't see play in other tournaments so you can't shit on those replays, either.

You guys are more than welcome to tell me to shut up but I never made any promises about doing so ;)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Many projects that you do in life aren't going to live up to your expectations. They'll either not get the reception you anticipated, be ruined by the other people that you were working on it with, or will get changed to such a degree by an outside force that it will lose the original purpose it had.

There is something that all these scenarios share, and it's that you should always see your projects through to the end. If you drop the project simply because you didn't get your way in every regard then of course the project will fail, and you will be the one to blame.

Star Wars was utter shit until the editing room, but I didn't see Gary Kurtz, Alan Ladd, John Dykstra, and George Lucas condemn the project and call it mediocre. Torstein Horgmo landed the first triple in competition with a broken rib when it was overwhelmingly clear from his previous hits that it wasn't meant to be. In the legendary match of R.O.M. m2k disposed of Shiz in seconds when he was down 2 stocks and everyone was cheering against him.

This thread might not be nearly as important as the above examples, or even be capable of making a comeback, but how do you know if you give up. A defeatist mentality will ensure your loss before the project even begins. Maybe the reason why there never was much discussion is because the thread was not kept up to date and because you didn't host an environment for discussion. Not once did you draw attention to matches you thought where highlights, not once did you bring up a particular build or set of plays you found interesting, and not once did you make any attempts to further the little discussion that other users were trying to start.

Why talk about replays in this thread when the replays that we want to discuss at that time are only in the main UPL thread (see mm2's commentary on several ADV games for example). Other users made honest attempts to motivate you to turn this thread around and all you can do is talk down to them? And after all that, you welcome the thread's death, insult people who actually contribute to the site, and talk down to everyone who played in UPL by calling the matches on a whole as "mediocre" when you were the one that volunteered to run this thread with the foreknowledge of how UPL works.

I point these things out because I don't want the same mistakes to happen over and over again. Maybe next season such a project will work out better.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also, Lord Outrage is right. All ORAS Ubers replays suck balls, no need to act high and mighty about them as if there are any worth actually watching. The good metagames don't see play in other tournaments so you can't shit on those replays, either.

You guys are more than welcome to tell me to shut up but I never made any promises about doing so ;)
No, you are going to stop. We shouldn't have to tell you to shut up, you should have to stop making useless posts. If you can't make any posts that aren't about how great ADV Ubers is, then please don't post at all. Yes, we get that you don't like ORAS, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who enjoy it or want to get better at it. You've made your opinion on that abundantly clear, but now it's just getting obnoxious. If you want to keep prattling on about how all the metagames are bad except ADV Ubers, do it in the ADV Ubers threads. It's getting old. Cut it out.

I will update the thread once I am done with my finals, I apologize for the delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)