Rejected uploadable music sounds on replays and PS

Arase

Banned deucer.
i was just chilling on pokemon showdown listening to music when this idea hit me, how about having an option to upload links as your music on replays and PS? on replays it would go as a third button after off and on pokemon showdown sounds you can just add an upload music button or something.
i think this will be amazing for 2 reasons:
number 1 instead of all the pokemon sounds we could just have a theme song or something while playing which feels badass its like we are the final boss of an anime or something along those lines.
number 2: instead of sounds we could have either a theme song or a relaxing melody while we analyze replays to get better or just watch battles in a relaxing way.
reason why? its mostly for the mobile users so they can both battle a listen to music/have a them while playing pokemon or watching replays without the need to have something downloaded on phone, just upload the thing u want to listen to on pokemon showdown and have fun :D

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I think this is ultimately an unnecessary feature. Logistically, we wouldn't be able to host all of those music files on our server; we don't have enough storage space for a ton of music to be up there. If we did support a sort of custom music, it would mean when you "upload" music it's really just playing a music file already on your device (similar to how setting a custom background on Showdown works). But at that point, you could just play the music yourself and have it run in the background while you watch the replay with music off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)