move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Detect
item: Focus Sash / Life Orb
ability: Unseen Fist
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Urshifu-S is a very threatening Pokemon with its Unseen Fist ignoring Protect, which makes it significantly harder to play around, alongside its base 130 Attack and Wicked Blow being unaffected by Intimidate. Wicked Blow ignoring Intimidate lets Urshifu-S click an attack unfazed by the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T, and it also nails Calyrex-S, Lunala, and Indeedee-F. Sucker Punch is strong priority that threatens an OHKO on Calyrex-S and a 2HKO on Regieleki. Detect is used over Protect to deal with Imprison users that run Protect such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S. Focus Sash is the preferred item on Urshifu-S due to its poor Special Defense and weaknesses, which would let Pokemon like Xerneas, Urshifu-R, and Zacian-C OHKO it otherwise. Life Orb gives Urshifu-S significantly more power, letting it OHKO Tornadus and physically defensive Incineroar. Choice Scarf lets it outpace Mienshao, Calyrex-S, and Nihilego, and Choice Band gives it the power to OHKO Landorus and specially defensive Incineroar after Intimidate. Choice item sets have the awful drawback of not being able to use Detect, making them significantly easier to play around.

Urshifu-S appreciates Tailwind support from common users such as Tornadus and Whimsicott to outspeed threats to itself such as Mienshao, Regieleki, and Nihilego. Zacian-C is good alongside Urshifu-S for its ability to thwart Yveltal, Xerneas, and Tapu Fini, while Urshifu-S can hit Incineroar and Landorus-T for Zacian-C. Regieleki can help keep Urshifu-R and Mienshao in check for Urshifu-S as well giving it speed control with Electroweb. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom, Incineroar, and Gothitelle are fearsome alongside Urshifu-S due to Fake Out pinning down threats such as Xerneas, Landorus, and Zacian-C, allowing Urshifu-S to target the opposition more freely with its Protect-ignoring attacks.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[yourwelcomethanku, 541847]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Wicked Blow

[SET COMMENTS]
Urshifu-S is a powerful attacker with its Unseen Fist capable of creating lose lose situations (Firstly, lose lose implies you're the one losing because it's from the Shifu's perspective. Secondly, I'd really like to mention right away all of: the fact it ignores one of the most important moves in the game due to Unseen Fist, its actual Attack stat then Wicked Blow) and Wicked Blows perfect critical hit rate making it difficult to slow down (Lots of this really means nothing to me right now because it doesn't ground Urshifu-S in the meta, they're just sorta floaty comments). Unseen Fist is Urshifu's defining trait invalidating Protect makes Urshifu-S significantly harder to play around. (Add this earlier as per my first comment) Wicked Blows critical hits ignore Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T (Would much rather have this in terms of Urshifu, saying "Wicked Blow allows Urshifu-S to click an attack unfazed by Intimidate from Incineroar and Landorus-T", also what does Wicked Blow beat (Indeedee-F, Lunala, Calyrex-S)). Sucker Punch is strong priority that picks off weakened Pokemon and threatens an OHKO onto Calyrex-S. (Needs to be more to this "Sucker Punch gives Urshifu-S a strong priority move that can OHKO Calyrex-S...", if there's any other situations where you want to click Sucker Punch then you mention them. First and foremost, you're just being a nuisance to a couple things.) Detect is used over Protect because Imprison users that run Protect such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S (Re-read this, it currently makes no sense.). Focus sSash is the preferred item on Urshifu-S due to Urshifu's its poor Special bulk and Fighting weakness meaning it can be OHKOd often otherwise. (It has a lot of bad weaknesses firstly (see: Fairy), and secondly a lack of examples of what can threaten it doesn't really give much context) Life Orb gives Urshifu-S significantly more power, being able to OHKO Tornaudus. Choice Scarf gives Urshifu-S enough sSpeed to outpace Mienshao, Calyrex-Shadow, and Nihilego. Choice Band gives Urshifu-S an even stronger power boost then Life Orb being able to OHKO Landorus. (You should really mention why these aren't advised typically (i.e. you can't click Detect ever)) (The fact that Urshifu-S beating specially defensive Incineroar (and some Phys Def ones) at neutral hasn't been mentioned even once is kinda weird. If this thing can come in against an Incineroar, they're not having much fun)

Urshifu-S while it has good Speed, appreciates Tailwind from Pokemon such as Suicune, Tornadus, and Whimsicott to outpace threats like Regieleki, Mienshao, and, Nihilego. (This doesn't really make a huge deal of sense, I would just go with "Urshifu-S appreciiates Tailwind from common users such as Tornadus and Whimsicott to...") Urshifu-S is good alongside Zacian-C as Urshifu-S is able to thwart common Zacian-C checks such as Volcarona and Rillaboom (No to both? Rillaboom doesn't really check Zacian-C amazingly, also threatens Urshifu-S a hell of a lot with Wood Hammer and Fake Out disrupting it. Volcarona doesn't even get 2HKO'd by Wicked Blow when it's more supportive, so you have a lot of opprtunities to be burned), while Zacian-C is able to thwart Xerneas and Tapu Fini for Urshifu-S. (It is completely fine to be deictic when referring to Urshifu in this. Right now you're repeating things a lot and it can feel a little awkward to read. You really need to think about this point and as to why Urshifu is so good alongside Zacian-C.) Regieleki can help keep Yveltal (Given that these are mostly AV, it's totally possible that they're going to live and Oblivion Wing you down to your Sash) and Mienshao (A mention of Urshifu-R would be very apt) in check for Urshifu-S as well giving it speed control with Electroweb. Fake Out is especially good alongside Urshifu-S because Unseen Fist invalidates (I don't like this wording here. I'd rather just say it ignores Protect, because if you really think about it, Sash users such as Regieleki might not want you to get a Fake Out + Wicked Blow into it. It doesn't invalidate using it in every circumstance) Protect which is used to stall out Fake Out. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom, Incineroar, and Hitmontop, can shut down threats (No they don't? These mons are still extremely threatening to it, but you take them out of the game for a single turn. There's a difference between these two things) to Urshifu-S such as Tapu Fini and Landorus allowing Urshifu-S to slam the opposition more safely. (This last point really should be able the pins you can create because of how centralising Wicked Blow can be. Fake Out + Wicked Blow being able to break through a bunch of things is super threatening)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

I'm gonna be at work for a bit, so ping me on discord with any questions you have and I'll here and there if someone else hasn't gotten to it. Also let me know when this is implemented.

Implemented.
I rushed the analysis into QC so it was quite poor.
Should I mention that Urshifu-S is a more niche pick in the metagame and its distinct advantages over Urshifu-R?

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET COMMENTS]
Urshifu-S's is a very threatening Pokemon with its Unseen Fist invalidating (I think I spoke about this at a different point in the last one, but I prefer the word "ignoring" here) Protect making it significantly harder to play around considering its base 130 Attack and Wicked Blow being unaffected by Intimidate. Wicked Blow lets Urshifu-S click an attack unphazed unfazed by Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T which also hits Calyrex-S, Lunala, and Indeedee-F. (Reads a bit weird at the end here, but that might just be me. GP can clear it up if it does) Sucker Punch is strong priority that threatens an OHKO onto Calyrex-S and 2HKO onto Regieleki as well being very useful in picking off faster weakened Pokemon (a couple ideas for this point would be nice otherwise I'd axe it). Detect is used over Protect to deal with Imprison users that run Protect such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S. (True, but that's so uncommon I'd potentially consider cutting it. They're basically interchangeable) Focus Sash is the preferred item on Urshifu-S due to its poor Special Defense bulk and weaknesses to Fighting and Fairy meaning Pokemon like Xerneas, Urshifu-R, and Zacian-C would be able to OHKO Urshifu-S if not for Focus Sash. Life Orb gives Urshifu-S significantly more power, being able to OHKO Tornadus and potentially specially defensive Incineroar (Feels lacking, I'd like a concrete number. If you're at neutral, and you can definitely OHKO some of the common Incineroars, meantion it). Choice Scarf gives Urshifu-S enough Speed to outpace Mienshao, Calyrex-S, and Nihilego. Choice Band gives Urshifu-S an even stronger power boost then Life Orb being able to OHKO Landorus, OHKO specially defensive Incineroar as well the potential to OHKO physically defensive Incineroar. Choiced sets have the awful drawback of not being able to Detect making them significantly easier to play around.

Urshifu-S appreciates Tailwind support from common users such as Tornadus and Whimsicott to outspeed threats to itself such as Mienshao, Regieleki, and Nihilego. Zacian-C is good alongside Urshifu-S for its ability to thwart Yveltal, Xerneas, and Tapu Fini, while Urshifu-S can slam Incineroar and Landorus-T (It "slams" this? I'd need to see the calc on it) for Zacian-C. Regieleki can help keep Urshifu-R and Mienshao in check for Urshifu-S as well giving it speed control with Electroweb. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom, Incineroar, and Gothitelle are fearsome alongside Urshifu-S due to the pins that Fake Out and Unseen Fist can create, Fake Out being able to prevent threats to Urshifu-S from attacking such as Xerneas, Landorus, and Zacian-C allowing it to target down the opposition more freely.

Not far off now, let me know when this is done

Implemented

252 Atk Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 114-135 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Slammed

"They're basically interchangeable"
Does not mean Detect isn't optimal

The chance to OHKO physically defensive Incineroar with Choice Band is terrible so I removed it.
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Close Combat vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Incineroar: 170-204 (85 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
I think CB is just not worth running over Urshifu's other sets and should be removed.

yuki

I think it's probably worth keeping the mention there, but I see your point.

I think "slam" is just a step too far for me, so just tone that word down a bit.

Otherwise I am happy, QC 1/1
raineko-QC.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Wicked Blow

[SET COMMENTS]
Urshifu-S is a very threatening Pokemon with its Unseen Fist ignoring Protect, (AC) making which makes it significantly harder to play around, considering alongside its base 130 Attack and Wicked Blow being unaffected by Intimidate. Wicked Blow ignoring Intimidate lets Urshifu-S click an attack unfazed by Intimidate from (I imagine this still makes sense?) the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T, (AC) which also hits and it also nails Calyrex-S, Lunala, and Indeedee-F. Sucker Punch is strong priority that threatens an OHKO onto Calyrex-S and a 2HKO onto Regieleki. Detect is used over Protect to deal with Imprison users that run Protect such as Zacian-C and Calyrex-S. Focus Sash is the preferred item on Urshifu-S due to its poor Special Defense and weaknesses, (AC) to Fighting and Fairy meaning which would let Pokemon like Xerneas, Urshifu-R, and Zacian-C would be able to OHKO Urshifu-S if not for Focus Sash. OHKO it otherwise. Life Orb gives Urshifu-S significantly more power, being able to letting it OHKO Tornadus and OHKO physically defensive Incineroar at nuetral. full. (I imagine?) Choice Scarf gives Urshifu-S enough Speed to lets it outpace Mienshao, Calyrex-S, and Nihilego, (period -> comma) and Choice Band gives Urshifu-S an even stronger power boost then Life Orb being able to it the power to OHKO Landorus and OHKO specially defensive Incineroar after Intimidate. Choiced item sets have the awful drawback of not being able to use Detect, (AC) making them significantly easier to play around.

Urshifu-S appreciates Tailwind support from common users such as Tornadus and Whimsicott to outspeed threats to itself such as Mienshao, Regieleki, and Nihilego. Zacian-C is good alongside Urshifu-S for its ability to thwart Yveltal, Xerneas, and Tapu Fini, while Urshifu-S can hit Incineroar and Landorus-T for Zacian-C. Regieleki can help keep Urshifu-R and Mienshao in check for Urshifu-S as well giving it speed control with Electroweb. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom, Incineroar, and Gothitelle are fearsome alongside Urshifu-S due to the pins that Fake Out and Unseen Fist can create, Fake Out being able to prevent threats to Urshifu-S from attacking Fake Out pinning down threats such as Xerneas, Landorus, and Zacian-C, (AC) allowing it Urshifu-S to target down (if you meant something beyond "target", your idiom doesn't quite function. i can't think of a great replacement for what you might mean rn though) the opposition more freely with its Protect-ignoring attacks.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

1/1

Before I put this as done one question Finland

"Life Orb gives Urshifu-S significantly more power, letting it OHKO Tornadus and physically defensive Incineroar at full."
Is it necessary to say "at full" just reads awkwardly to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)