US Regional Qualifier -Atlanta, GA-June 5th, 2010 - DOMINATED BY THE ARNOLD FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
WOOOOOO TOP 16 SCREW THE HATER you know who you are. OH and FYI everybody if you want to know how to beat Len the trick is that his teams are unusually blizzard weak yeeeeah. Great to meet all of you smogon and skarmbliss peeps.

Just got back to the room. Thanks for all the congrats. I'll leave it to David to post the war story as soon as he makes an account. Len deserved better. Thanks to Raze17 for his help on Gracie's junior team, it worked like a charm.

Soooo just got back from this, and it was quite fun. Really great meeting everyone.

I got knocked out in round 2 mostly due to a Spacial Rend miss. -___- 95%. Sure.

Arnold final was awesome, but so was the Alaka + HagridTwin (Dad) semi.

I think the unknown top 4 guy was from Tenn., as one of his friends was the guy who knocked me out, (I think...) and that's where he said he was from. He claimed no forum affiliation.

Also, I got video of the entire Alaka / HagridTwin semi. Posting to youtube later.

Alright, downloaded my battle against MattJ onto the GTS for anyone who want to watch it here's the video number:

76-46244-45639

This was Third Round in the Prelims by the way.

So i made Top 8 before going down to the son of the father son team...im curious to know if i fought any of yall
i definitely fought a Matt as a finalist...
(i was the zapdos-quagsire lead)

Congratulations everyone! I didn't go to it, but it seemed like most of you did well. I am looking forward to some good war stories soon.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah super freeze, but Im happy for the Arnolds, Glenn was really nice about it. I'll upload the video when I get home tomorrow, but ncsbert may have it even faster.

Yeah super freeze, but Im happy for the Arnolds, Glenn was really nice about it. I'll upload the video when I get home tomorrow, but ncsbert may have it even faster.
At first when I got the freeze, I thought, hey I'm not going to get completely smoked here. Twelve turns later I was in stunned disbelief. You handled the situation like a champion. Thanks for a most memorable battle.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you mean that he ran, this is incorrect. They played a full battle. Looked to me like David beat him fair and square.
Yep, they had a battle afterwards but I believe he forfeited beforehand just in case.

Congratulations Arnold family! You guys rocked it today. And now little Gracie and I are the only ones with two nationals invites! See you in Indianapolis Glen, and hopefully we won't have to face each other again >_>.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I had a great time today and it was nice to get to meet a few new people and see some familiar faces again. Congratulations to everyone :)

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
yes it is so lucky. that literally won him the game. He stalled out Trick Room with it. wait til you see the video, then you'll understand >_< Btw, 50% isn't a coin flip, fool. Weight distribution varies per coin
Was the player's in-game name Taylor? Because that sounds kind of like my round 3 victory; Lugia and Groudon are on my team too. ^_^

I lost in the first round for finalists. I was not expecting the guy's (Joshua, Fender shirt) Metagross to explode on turn two, even though his Palkia just used Protect on turn one, didn't think he would risk his Palkia like that, although it worked out for him as the second Protect was successful. Then my remaining Pokemon basically got owned. There were a few things I could of done differently to play it more safe; I'll have to get over it and forget it the next few days.

My brother lost round 3 to Glenn; also, I believe he lost to his son (David) last year in Nashville's Junior VGC finals (although my bro got 2nd at least). Darn you Arnold family! Congrats to them! :)

I unfortunately couldn't stay to watch the top 4 duke it out, but I'll be sure to get the scoop. Good job to everyone who was there because it was really a great experience. Anyways, I made it to the top 16 so I got an invite to nationals. My cousin also made it to the top 8 in the junior division so both of us will be attending the nationals. I'll be getting my game on now. >:D

Looks like it will be a bit before I can get that semifinal vid up. We're leaving town in the morning and I'll be far far away from Internet for a while. Just too many things to do before leaving.

Look for it in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)