US VGC 2010 Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

*Approved by Jimbo*

Get ready for the Pokémon Video Game Championships, returning in spring 2010 to cities across the globe! Returning participants will notice that most of the rules and guidelines are the same as last year, but we've been working hard to make exciting changes that will make the 2010 Pokémon Video Game Championships better than ever! These changes include:
  • Players now using Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version games exclusively
  • Pokémon Level 51 and higher being automatically graded down to Level 50 for the duration of the battle using a new auto-leveling feature
    • Each Pokémon keeps all of the moves it knew before being adjusted
    • Pokémon that evolve after Level 50 don't devolve
    • Any Pokémon below Level 50 will stay at its current level
  • Virtually every Pokémon found in the National Pokédex of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions is eligible, including Pokémon traded in from earlier games, with the following exceptions:
    • Arceus, Celebi, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Phione, and Shaymin cannot participate
    • A team cannot contain more than two of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza during a battle
Stay tuned for more information regarding the upcoming Pokémon Video Game Championships! Look for details around March 14th when Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions arrive in stores!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/video/

So the rules are announced, it may be a step backwards but they are our rules, and no better time to start getting prepared than now, so without further ado, sign ups are open!

Some rules to know aside from all of that:

• Other than the exceptions listed above all rules from the VGC 09 still apply, they are:
    • 4v4 Double Battle
    • Item Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Self-KO Clause
  • Games can be played on D/P or Platinum and will be played as forced lvl 50
  • All HGSS moves will be allowed
  • If we have 32 or less participants this will be Double Elimination, otherwise it is Single Elimination
  • Deadlines will be strictly adhered to, and coin flips will be made
  • Team Changes will be allowed as this is a Tournament meant for team testing, please don't abuse this however
  • Prizes can be donated and will include my old Pokemon and something tangible (not Pokemon data) TBA

Sign-ups end Thursday 2/18 at 5 EST

Entrants:

1. Alakapimp
2. drcossack
3. DragonFE
4. Massi
5. TDS
6. JTK
7. TAY
8. DukeTheDevil
9. pastel
10. Acorn
11. Onyx Tiger
12. Deztroya
13. Team_Rose
14. BadIntent
15. justenough215
16. Sudo
17. Ditto
18. Sixonesix
19. sandman
20. Dozer
21. RedSpyda
22. Tyler422
23. OmegaDonut
24. Ostrigal
25. nooKers
26. Showsni
27. UltraSkydive
28. badalcristiano
29. blutrane
30. for54years
31. freshest of them all
32. Serendipity
33. POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN
34. mudkipmaster
35. Tsubasa-kun
36. Gouki Shinkou
37. Expert Evan
38. Akiratron
39. mattj
40. Raze17
41. Muse
42. Rename Card
43. fiddlestix
44. 2fast2good
45. Negator
46. MrJames
47. Ferrouswheel
48. Chalkey
49. VashTheStampede
50. Elmo
51. KinestaPokemon
52. KenW
53. Rysta
54. NickG
55. J-Leo-L
56. Yeti
57. StealthFire12
58. LucasFTW
59. Zerowing
60. Carl
61. Batpig
62. DaFlo
63. Jiovaine11
64. Eiganjo

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would be happy to play...

However I would like to know what it means to "abuse team changes".

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would be happy to play...

However I would like to know what it means to "abuse team changes".
Talk to your buddy and find that user1343 is using a Rain team so switch your's up to be Toxicroak/Palkia/Vaporeon/Abamasnow

I'm in
my signature has my FC

and btw are legal hacks allowed? since most of us haven't spent the time training teams that we aren't sure we are going to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)