US WEST: LETS GET IT

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Intro:
Sorry for the cliche, but it's really true that all things good must come to and end. It was just my time to retire from the game, and for some reason I'm kind of sad to do so. I came to Smogon, around 2 years ago, and for the majority of the time I was here, be it rating teams, tutoring, modding, or just lurking. The RMT forum was my home from the start, and I was glad that I was able to give back. It only seemed fitting to me that my last post be in this forum. The team below is my most trusted team, and I wouldn't hesitate to bring it to any given batte. I decided, along with others, that after playing in the World Cup of Pokemon was to be the best time to retire from this game, and with US West getting eliminated earlier, the time has come. This team was featured in the Ultimate Cup in which I won the first round 2-0 I believe, but unfortunately had to exit due to some unlucky breaks against ipl in round 2 with a record of 1-2. This was the team that I used in last years World Cup (bar the husk battle), and got me a 3-1 record, and was gonna use in this world cup but I was subbed cause I was out of town. Just because we lost, doesn't mean we're still not the best. And with that being said...

US WEST LETS GET IT

Charming SoT

The marvelous members

Battle Strategy:
This team was designed with a rather simple goal, set up hazards, annoy like hell, than send in Jirachi for the finish. The plan was to get the entry hazards up as early as possible, and always get 1 layer of Toxic Spikes down. It was really your basic stall team, just minus a Rapid Spinner. SkarmBliss for basic defensive coverage, Rotom and Swampert for added support, and Jirachi to bring it all home. This team really does well for me, and with a bit of good prediction, can really bring down the house.

Duskie (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Roserade :) Easily one of my favorite Pokemon. I used this as lead cause it always was able to get shit done. Roserade works very well as a lead for 3 reason, it can stack up hazards, put a Pokemon to sleep, and it can even kill shit. Leaf Storm and HP Ground work very well together, hitting a lot of Pokemon for a decent amount of damage.

I decided to name my Roserade duskie for a couple of reasons. Duskie has always been reliable, and we could always count on him to pull through in pressure situations, much like I can count on my Roserade to get shit done.
---

Remlabmez`dgf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/64 Def/192 Spd
- Will-o-wisp
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Rotom-h, my anti-spinner, tricker, and last but not least status user. Will-o-Wisp and trick work very well together, I can either trick a Pokemon, and status it making it virtually useless, or for a Pokemon like Scarf Tar who doesn't mind getting tricked a Scarf since it doesn't do anything, I can just status it from the get-go. However, I really have to try to not trick it to early, as it's my first line of defense against DD taunt Gyarados. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball were chosen for their STAB boost, and decent coverage.

I named my Rotom-h after Remlabmez, because people were pursuing him to come back into the chat earlier. And I've been pursuing him to go to in-n-out with me since we live like 2 minutes away, and still have not met. sad right? rem if you read this fucking get some grub with me.
---

Scofield (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/24 Spd/176 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is as reliable as ever now. Spikes are there just to help rack up some entry hazards, and whirlwind is there to shuffle opposing Pokemon around. Roost to recover health, and Brave Bird to finish things off if the time comes. I run a more Sp. Defensive set since I'm paranoid about mispredicting things, and I feel like it'll help me switch into hits from both sides more easily.

I named Skarmory after Scofield for two reasons. Scofield had a very picky eye about the teams that I was making, and Skarmory's ability is Keen Eye so I figured that was fitting. And as a joke, I saw someone on shoddy saying how Scofield had balls of steel earlier, and I figured that it must have been fate to name Scofie after Skarmory.
---

Philip7086 (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Swampert really is the backbone of this team. He sets up Stealth Rocks, one of the most important moves on this team, and can take hits like ease. Protect is there to just get that extra 6% from leftovers, which really does make all the difference if played well. Earthquake and Ice Beam are there for coverage, and make excellent offensive attacking types.

I named this big guy Philip for some reasons. Swamperts a big boy, and one of Phil's nicknames on west is BigPhil. Another reason is, Phil really was the backbone of the team. Everyone really did look up to him, and with good reason. He is an easy going guy, wonderful insight, and very helpful.
---

TAY (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP/252 Def/232 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Standard Wish Bliss. Status, Wish, Protect, Seismic Toss, Protect, Wish, Protect, Seismic Toss, With, Protect, etc. Wish helped pokemon like Roserade, Rotom, Swampert, and Jirachi who couldn't heal for themselves last longer and have easier times coming in. Status was just meant to annoy other mons, and Seismic Toss was to hit things for reasonable amounts of damage. I know I couldn't do anything against Gengar, but at the same time, what can it do to me?

MAMA TAY, Princess TAY...that's all I need to say. ;)
---

LoveDestiny @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

One of the cutest Pokemon in the game, and also my second favorite. I outspeed Jolly Lucario, and neutral speed base 100's. Substitute is to protect against status, and give me an easier time predicting and stating up. Thunderbolt and Psychic are there for basic type coverage. One of the most devastating sweepers if played right, and this team was made to take advantage of that.

I named my Jirachi, LoveDestiny because he was my favorite person on west. I really do love all of you guys though, but LD was just one of the guys that I could talk to about anything and everything. I mean, we are the TWOALAS!! haha. He did get me onto west this year, and he believed in me, even after I got subbed in. He always kept me believing in myself too, so I would like to thank you for that as well. Still need to meet up my dude!
---

Well that's it, I hope you enjoyed it. See you guys around....

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
With a little setup, Physical Fire barrels its way through your team, bar Swampert.

You might want to think about that and switch something around to, say, Kingdra or Cresselia.

Hey SoT, team seems really good just two things really.

First: I think your team could beneift a lot from the use of a CMWish Jirachi. Wish would really help your team out a lot and Jirachi has good synergy with the Pokemon you are most likely going to pass Wish to: Swampert. This allows you to change Blissey.

On Blissey, I think you should use a moveset of Seismic Toss / Flamethrower / Softboiled, and either Toxic or Aromatherapy or some other useful move, probably Toxic though. SubSplit Gengar is a bit too much of an issue for your team and with Blissey unable to hit it, youre really opening yourself up to a large weakness. If you take my suggestion and use Wish on Jirachi you arent losing much.

Outside of that just watch out for Infernape. Good luck with your IRL stuff, we'll miss you here at smogon.

There's not much to say since it's a fairly standard Semistall team, congrats on your success with it. I agree that you should fit in Flamethrower on Blissey, maybe over Toxic since the targets of Toxic (Zapdos, Togekiss, etc) are beaten by the rest of your team anyways. But yeah, I second Friar's suggestion of Wish on Jirachi, it makes it a more consistent check on threats like SubRoost Zapdos, CM Suicune, etc.

I don't really know you that well, but it's always sad to see someone leave smogon. Good luck in RL.

Hey there. This is a fairly standard stall team these days, but for that reason you have nothing to beat many common stall breakers. These Pokemon are Infernape, Gengar, Breloom, and MixNite. Against special MixApe, the only possible way you can reliably kill it is to bring in Rotom-H on a Close Combat and kill it with Thunderbolt. All of your other Pokemons are OHKOed outright. Life Orb Gengar with Pain Split will also greatly hurt your team, being able to outstall Blissey, possibly 2HKO Jirachi, and severely wound Skarmory before being forced out. You don't really have a reliable sleep taker so Breloom is bound to get off a powerful hit on at least one Pokemon. Then you once again need to rely on Rotom-H to revenge kill it. Without Rotom-H, like say it got Pursuited or something, your team will have a really hard time functioning from the looks of it. A well put together offensive team can run right through your defenses, especially if they have a suicide lead with Taunt, preventing you from setting up your Toxic Spikes.

How can this be solved? Well it won't be easy. You've run out of Pokemon to add an Infernape check. What you can do, is drop Whirlwind or Brave Bird on Skarmory for Stealth Rock and make it your lead. Lum Berry can also be used over Leftovers. You will be able to set up on many leads like Metagross, Jirachi, and Swampert. With Stealth Rock taken care of, Swampert doesn't become necessary. Instead, a sturdier bulky Water-type such as Vaporeon can fill its place. This gives you an Infernape counter and a much better Gyarados check, instead of risking a Choice Band Payback or a powerful Waterfall diminishing Rotom-H's health. Wish will also be extremely beneficial to your team, as you know, helping out Rotom-H and Jirachi greatly. Now you can either drop Roserade for a defensive Shaymin (with preferably Hidden Power Ice for MixNite and Flygon) or keep as a defensive set with Toxic Spikes instead of Spikes. You could even use Psychic for Gengar so it doesn't set up a Substitute against you.

Now to fix Blissey. If you have Wish on Vaporeon, you don't really need Wish on Blissey I don't think. Instead, you can just put Solftboiled and use Ice Beam. This at least gives a fighting chance against Gengar and also a pseudo check to MixNite and MixFlygon. Good luck and we'll miss you here!

Great Team SoT :)

Sad to here that you're retiring ): , but all good things come to an end. Anyways, I don't see any major weaknesses, so very solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)