Data Usage-Based Tier Update for January 2018 (Feb @ #263) (Mar @ #696)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If full tier shifts happened this month, this would have changed too:
UU -> OU

RU -> UU

NU -> RU

PU -> NU
Miltank
Palossand
Type:Null
OU -> UU

UU -> RU
Entei
Lucario (BL2)
Mienshao

RU -> NU
Camerupt-Mega
Comfey
Dhelmise

NU -> PU
Typhlosion

Also huge gaps like this are ridiculous:
Code:
| 51   | Bisharp            |  3.924% |
| 52   | Gliscor            |  2.970% |

Last edited:
| 1 | Landorus-Therian | 48.137% | | 2 | Tapu Koko | 25.498% | | 3 | Magearna | 23.685% | | 4 | Kartana | 20.935% | | 5 | Greninja-Ash | 19.159% | | 6 | Heatran | 17.143% |
God is dead
also finally torn-t is in ou again.
also why has washtom not dropped and why is it at 4% usage its a fucking digimon

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Idk why people keep using Gliscor as their reasoning for needing Mamo in UU like you don't really need an ice-type specifically for it. Most water's in the tier also could give less of a shit about it. I used Mamo for checking offensive threats like m-aero, m-pidge and lati, not specifically Gliscor.

Not really defending Gliscor here because FUCK that thing it's almost as annoying as Clefable was earlier this gen, I just don't think it's a very good sole argument for Mamo needing to stay.

Also in regards to the TTT situation I don't think there's much that we can or even should do. As people noted Mamo barely made the cut-offs and because of how Youtuber viewership works it's likely that future TTT's will continue to see a downward trend if Joey doesn't take a break from it. Just my two cents.

Why can't OU take Gliscor? It's not because it's an annoying piece of shit in UU that should go away (although that is part of it), but because Gliscor is actually a really solid Defogger for balance (currently A- on the viability rankings, I even nominated it to go down a few weeks ago and my nom got slammed, so it isn't just hype).
>Landorus-Therain

Usage isn't as good a measure of viability as this thread makes it out to be. Look at the usage stats for high ladder, youll see Gliscor, Amoongus ans Quagsire having a lot more usage, stuff like Mamoswine having a lot less. Popularity has always been a factor of usage, don't make a big deal about something moving up too, just because we know a clear source of popularity.

me too thanks
Accidentally hit thr post button early, youre welcome.

Aim basically forced Mamo into OU like with Ambi eh? I wouldn't be surprised if someone on this thread or Smogon would decide to false copy claim Aim's channel just for him to not manipulate the tiers due to his large following.

I mean, Mamo going to OU isn't that bad imo. Sure UU loses a great mon, but it's not like Mamoswine is wasted in OU since it's viable there, unlike the Ambipom rise, where it was at the very least niche (certainly not great) in NU and now is just stuck as a bad mon in UU for the foreseeable future. Can we please PU ambipom tho fr

| Rank | Pokemon | Use | Usage % | Win % |
| 38 | Mamoswine | 6 | 3.75% | 66.67% |

^Usage stats from SPL^

If a decent amount of high level tournament players are using this mon successfully, its kinda hard to argue that it doesn't deserve the rise in usage lol. Mamo is a pretty good mon in OU right now because of its niche to break bulkier teams apart, making it especially valuable in a tournament setting. Just because someone like Joey is using it doesn't mean it deserves the spot in OU.

People won't ban Gliscor even if Mamoswine leaves. It will become harder to deal with but it will stay.
Tbh, if Joey wanted to let a Ground-type rise, he should have chosen either Gliscor (not that UU is going to miss it) or Mega Camerupt (shit in RU but surprisingly good and anti-meta in OU). Mamoswine doesn't really have a place in OU, really. Can work with a lot of support, but because of this required support it does not easily fit on all teams and thus will not reach the required usage to rise if not for people like Joey practically forcing it to rise. Nearly unresisted STAB isn't an argument--Rotom-Frost and Rhyperior also have nearly unresisted STAB and are absolute shit in OU play. Greninja literally has unresisted STAB against the entire meta (then again that's not that hard when you get STAB on literally everything)
Sigh

Idk why people keep using Gliscor as their reasoning for needing Mamo in UU like you don't really need an ice-type specifically for it. Most water's in the tier also could give less of a shit about it. I used Mamo for checking offensive threats like m-aero, m-pidge and lati, not specifically Gliscor.

Not really defending Gliscor here because FUCK that thing it's almost as annoying as Clefable was earlier this gen, I just don't think it's a very good sole argument for Mamo needing to stay.

Also in regards to the TTT situation I don't think there's much that we can or even should do. As people noted Mamo barely made the cut-offs and because of how Youtuber viewership works it's likely that future TTT's will continue to see a downward trend if Joey doesn't take a break from it. Just my two cents.
We're not only using Gliscor, it's just the most notable example. Mamo is UU's best Ice-type by far, with the follower-up, Kyurem, being very hard to effectively use and find a spot for on a team.

Akd luckily Joey stops with TTT for a while. Let the tiers be what they were ffs.

Bumping old posts? Okay.

For clarification, that argument was largely based on the fact quite a lot of teams use Mamo as their only "real" Gliscor check and Gliscor was already a dominant mon; it lost one of its best counterplays now. We basically made a mon that everyone already hates facing even more cancerous. At least it isn't as bad as Pex in OU.

I think people are overstating how difficult Kyurem is to use in UU, that thing's a monster with decent speed and great bulk, which helps mitigate the meh defensive typing.

I think people are overstating how difficult Kyurem is to use in UU, that thing's a monster with decent speed and great bulk, which helps mitigate the meh defensive typing.
Kyurem has a bad matchup against common Meta threats like Hydreigon, Cobalion, Scarf Magneton, Terrakion and Latias, who outspeed and heavily damage it (they can't switch in, but Kyu can't switch in on them either). It is also largely outclassed by the aforementioned Hydreigon and Latias thanks to their higher speed and being less vulnerable to Scizor's Bullet Punch. However, I have a feeling it will be used more now that it yas become UU's best Ice-type, making its niche more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)