User Bad Ass Presents: The Old Gen Bonanza [$300] R1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jumbotron!
Every week, you can pay $1 to send a message to the good good users of Smogon via a Jumbotron. The proceeds go to the prize pot.

This message is brought to you by user: Eo Ut Mortus

The long(?) awaited moment is here!

Rules
Best of 3: ADV OU / DPP OU / BW OU. Higher seed picks the first tier, loser picks the next game.
Standard tournament rules apply. Standard tier lists and bans apply.

1. Posting replays is mandatory. For this round and all rounds. If you don't post them, I will disqualify you. If you lose them, I will make you replay the set. No exceptions.
2. Posting scheduled times is mandatory. The whole point of this tournament is to have some amazing old gen games for everyone to watch. Once you've scheduled, you must post the time. Please post it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1amAY0nNyDkiNPHKZ2mKH-4op-zmXRwB7mL6dY95jR1A/edit?usp=sharing. If it changes due to unforeseen circumstances, that's ok -- just make sure to update it on the sheet.
3. Schedule early. The deadline for each round is one week (round 1 excepted). If you have trouble scheduling, I'll work with you as long as both parties are trying and you get to me early in the week.
4. Do not play your next match in the bracket until the round is posted. This tournament is seeded, which means you know your next opponent. Don't play them until the next round is up. It'll make the tournament unwieldy. Any matches played before the next round is up are null.

The deadline for Round 1 is Sunday, April 21st at 11:59PM EST. If there's any confusion about this, let me know.

Prize
$300 prize pot!

Twitch
I'm going to cast some of the juicier matches on Twitch. If you would like to co-host, let me know. If you would like to have your match casted, let me know.

Discord
This tournament has a Discord server!
You can find all scheduled times there + replays. The Discord is the best place to keep up to date with the tournament -- I'm not going to organize the The link is here: https://discord.gg/fZrS9gd

My Discord handle is spader#1348

Advertising
If you have:
  • a website
  • a product you're trying to sell
  • an art page
  • a video game
  • a clan
  • a birthday wish
Let me know, and I'll advertise it for a small monetary exchange. All proceeds will go directly to increasing the prize pot of the tournament. These don't have to be expensive! If you want to drop 5 bucks to show off something you're doing to several hundred people + support the community while doing it, I'll paste your stuff in Twitch streams and tournament threads.

I'm also running a jumbotron every round! For $1, I'll put ANY* message you want at the top of the thread for next week's round. Again, every dollar will go to making the tournament more hype and supporting people giving you high level matches :)

R1
Now that that is out of the way, you can find the bracket and seeding here: https://challonge.com/oldgenbonanza. I seeded the first 74 entrants. The rest were people I've never heard of, so they were randomized.

Voting + Bracket Prediction
Challonge has an option to vote on matches. If a fair number of people vote, I'll post the results here :) You can also do a bracket prediction for fun. I might throw in $10 if people do bracket prediction for whoever gets the most points.

Subs
Post in this thread if you want to be a sub, even if you posted in the sign up thread. Subs will be strictly first come first serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
U tagged the wrong blunder, so maybe he didnt notice, contacted btw

mod edit: blunder tag fixed, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)