Uses for Pokémon IRL

Alakazam and Gardevoir would be able to convince the skeptics for once and lead through breakthroughs in science or the skeptics prove how much of a fraud it really is.

Rotom-Heat seems very useful to cook things, and it's also a source of light
I'd always bring with me a Teleporting pokemon such as Alakazam to escape from dangerous situations, also Telekinesis for the lulz.
Breloom seems a good bro to spar with and its spores/seeds may be useful for something, for example worry seed won't let me fall asleep when driving
Politoed is an awesome source of water, can hypnotize or read people's mind, can bounce to great heights, and other marvelous things
Froslass can let me reach places I'm not supposed to reach by virtue of being a Ghost, also free air conditioning during summer
Zoroark to trick people into illusions, basically godmode if it really works as described in the dex

I'm sure I had commented on past thread like this but....

The application of Pokemon in human life can be BIG. Just on medicine, for example, a specially trained Luxray?'s (fantasy) X-Ray vision can be alternate Rontgen/other medical imaging modality minus the drawbacks (as far as we know, hence "fantasy"). Fairy-types, especially those who thrives in spreading happiness like Togechick and Togekiss, and Blissey, can work in hospice cares, improving patients' QoL.

Ever since Alola though, I imagine riding Pokemon, especially certain big ones like Metagross, will require a "riding licence" like car driving licence, ensuring safety that your ridden Pokemon won't get into a rampage. Just imagine them and their riders fighting on road, that's not pretty.

I haven't watched Det. Pikachu, put have seen some trailers. There we can see how they can be integrated to daily lives. Machamp works as safety road officer, and it may make sense with its power against (badly driven) cars while having human build suitable to do human works like helping people cross roads. Fire-types for cooking is obvious, even forest bar Oranguru in anipoke has one.

Now what's to worry is evil underworld organizations like mafias. Since this is real life, I imagine the likes of Team Rocket has even more inhumane crimes under their belt and may even employ them as assassins. Alolan police's excuse of being weak because it's peaceful is unacceptable when you have magical creatures capable of fantastic feats, usable for evil too.

Oh, and reminder NOT to charge your gadgets with Electric-types unless you have suitable electric transformer first, because you don't know if they would make your phone explode instead as they may not supply suitable electric currents like specified by their chargers.

Metagross, the portable supercomputer. Why do complex calculations when you have a Metagross?
This will require us to have complex understanding to its "language" first though, but that's not too farfetched. I imagine some scientists would have already found a way with it like they do RotomDex. Maybe with some kind of special communication cable to connect with computer display.

After lots of research on that, Google may be employing them as servers.
I was also thinking that if you had a Goomy you could throw it at people. It would work well since Goomy is soft and likely wouldn't take much damage from high impact tosses.
People already do that with Pyukumuku lolww (there's one tourist doing this in Hauoli beach, and I remember anipoke has young Gladion chasing Lillie with those on hands at beach in flashback too.)

Last edited:
Let's have a Gengar. He'll be your best partner in you entire life and after, you'll be friend forever. (That is a little bit creepy I Know)
I think, having a Water-Type like Squirtle can be a must have. You need water ? Send out your Pokemon. You are a farmer ? Send out your Pokemon.
And at least, a huge Pokemon like Machamp to destroy every difficulty in your way.

Funnily enough, in development when Pokemon was still referred to as Capumon, GF had designed a few Pokemon specifically with an outside-battle role in mind. Helix Chamber has more info, but here's a quote from Sugimori:

"Sugimori: The first Pokémon were Rhydon, Clefairy, and Lapras. At first, we’d planned to have Pokémon living alongside humans, making their lives easier. So, during the early stages of development, many of the characters we came up with had clear roles, like carrying things around [Rhyhorn, as seen in Capumon concept art] or sailing across the sea with people on their backs [three guesses and the first two don't count]. We also thought up cute pet-like characters like Clefairy. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)