SS OU Using the ugly cousins of meta mons (aside from rotom heat)

So kinda felt like using rotom heat, an Ithough this team supported it well. Also in hindsight I see how annoying this team would be to face.

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge

Rotom-H to function as a wallbreaker/offensive pivot, being able to effectively set up on Pokemon such as Clefable, Sylveon, and Corviknight. It also helps offset the Special Attack drops from Overheat, allowing for continued use. dealing good damage to neutral targets as well as frying Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and Rotom-C. Volt Switch is great for maintaining offensive momentum against switch-ins while providing Rotom-H with an Electric-type STAB move to use against Mandibuzz, Toxapex, and other bulky Water-types.Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature are important for outspeeding everything up to Kommo-o. Maximum HP investment enables Rotom-H to check what it needs to more effectively, as well as easing setup. Can't remember why i run 8 in special defence, but it's for good reason. I think

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Wish
- Protect

Wish support in super valuable on this team, as it allows for team memebers to stay healthy. keeping rotom and obstegoon around for as long as possible.Sylveon is able to check common threats such as Hydreigon, Dragapult, and Clefable.Do note that Sylveon is a lot easier to overwhelm than Clefable because of its lack of Magic Guard. So those of you wish to steal this team, but don't like sylveon, take clef. Mystical Fire enables Sylveon to pressure Steel-types like Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill and can also prove to be useful against Calm Mind users like Hatterene and Reuniclus. The given Special Defense investment allows Sylveon to survive a Choice Specs-boosted Shadow Ball from Dragapult and another after a Special Defense drop and Stealth Rock damage. The rest of the EVs are poured into Defense, giving Sylveon the best chance to survive a Fishious Rend from Choice Scarf Dracovish while also making it easier to check Pokemon like Conkeldurr. Moonblast over hypervoice to hit kommo-o

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

Seismtoad's underrated cousin, to cut to the quag does the same thing but can stay healthier during the game itself, letting me focus more on keeping heat and goon healthy. Quagsire is also one of few Pokemon to have access to Toxic, giving it a way to whittle down its foe's HP. Scald gives Quagsire the opportunity to cripple physical attackers. Quagsire makes a core with fellow wall, Ferrothorn, as they both are able to cover each other's weaknesses.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is a great defensive Pokemon in OU, as it has solid mixed bulk, a great typing that leaves it with only two weaknesses, and a movepool that includes some nice utility options. These attributes make it a fantastic setter of Spikes and Stealth Rock. Power Whip hits Water-types like Rotom-W and Seismitoad super effectively. Leech Seed is important for sustaining Ferrothorn's health, allowing it to check foes consistently throughout the match; it's also great for annoying most Pokemon that can force out Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave is an option to annoy defensive Pokemon and cripple setup sweepers. Rotom-H is a great partner, since it can handle problematic Pokemon like Life Orb Clefable and Bulk Up Corviknight, while Ferrothorn covers both of its weaknesses. Sylveon can reliably check Hydreigon and Fighting-types like Conkeldurr.

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant or jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Obstruct/ Thunder punch/switcheroo

Obstagoon is a powerful wallbreaker, as its Guts-boosted STAB Facade hits extremely hard, allowing it to 2HKO physically bulky neutral targets such as Toxapex and Hippowdon. STAB Knock Off deters Ghost-types from switching in to block Facade; it also has enough power to guarantee an OHKO on maximum HP Aegislash after Stealth Rock. Close Combat rounds out Obstagoon's coverage by handling Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon, OHKOing Tyranitar and Bisharp and dealing huge damage to Ferrothorn. As Obstagoon relies on the damage boost from Guts to wallbreak, Obstruct is useful to allow it to safely activate its Flame Orb; it's also helpful in scouting moves from revenge killers using Choice items. Goon is just here to say go away ghostly bois and gals. One other interesting option is Switcheroo, which can cripple defensive checks such as Corviknight as they switch in by burning them and removing Leftovers recovery. Though this is helpful, Obstagoon can't afford to drop coverage and it can struggle to find free turns to activate its Flame Orb without Obstruct. An Adamant nature is preferred to improve damage rolls on targets including Toxapex, Aegislash, and Hatterene while still outspeeding Gyarados and below. While the loss of power is notable, a Jolly nature can be used instead, allowing Obstagoon to outspeed targets such as Excadrill and Kommo-o. Thunder punch to deal with corv and mandi, in particular.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost

The team does not have a defoger or rapid spiner, something I wish it did. But i dont know who would fit on the team to allow for the move. So the next big thing magic bounce. Thanks to Magic Bounce. Xatu completely shuts down passive entry hazard setters like Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Mew(without knock off, witch is rare). Grass Knot targets Water-types like Quagsire, heat wave targets corv and psychic for stab. Mostly beneficial as a lead after that and for bouncing back status and rocks.

Threats

Mold breaker excadrill, if not careful this thing can punch major holes in the team.

Scarf hydreigon can be annoying as it can take out alot of the team, thus, forcing a switch an using u-turn.

Also thinking about adding a last game set up sweeper to clean up games, so if anyone could suggest ones for my team please let me know.

Hope someone likes this post, an could offer some advise on how to improve the team.

Last edited:
You want a Defogger, and you like slightly off-meta mons?
I give you Corviknight's evil cousin.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
This should solve your Drill and Hydreigpn problems while giving you a much better Aegi check, since your existing ones can be ignored by common coverage, though still beware Head Smash.
Home coming out makes a more fuller rate pointless,and I'm short on time. Hope this helps!

You want a Defogger, and you like slightly off-meta mons?
I give you Corviknight's evil cousin.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
This should solve your Drill and Hydreigpn problems while giving you a much better Aegi check, since your existing ones can be ignored by common coverage, though still beware Head Smash.
Home coming out makes a more fuller rate pointless,and I'm short on time. Hope this helps!
Hey thanks for the reply, but after posting this I quickly realised this team sucks. Seriously no idea how i reached 1500s with it. Was a win streak high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)