Congratulations to MSnt !
a:
b:••
c:••
d:•••••
e:••••••

:Round 48:
Kartana

Kartana has always been a threatening Pokemon since Mega Metagross got banned. Between its absurd Attack stat, nice ability, and great Speed stat on top of that, it's a force to be reckoned with.​

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

sup

just a balanced team with Kartana + Magnezone. it has pretty superb defensive synergy and i have enjoyed playing it lately. this team specifically makes use of z-giga impact kartana, which is arguably the most threatening and hard to check set. in addition, it is the set that does the best at breaking stall teams, which can be cool depending upon the match-up.

Last edited:

PokePaste

I'm so glad Kartana is getting some love here in the Teambuilding thread! Here is an Offense Team I built around Z-Giga Impact Kartana. You can find all my rationale for building the team this way in the spoiler tags.

Because this is a teambuilding contest centered around Kartana, I decided to pick the SD Z-Giga Impact set since it has been growing more popular and it hits everything pretty nasty. Pretty standard.

When I think of things that threaten Kartana the most, I think of Bulky Grass-Types and Volcarona. This AV Torn is a bit unorthodox, but it lives a +1 Flamethrower from Bulky Volcarona with a 0% chance to be 3HKOd and 2HKOs Volc in return (OHKO with rocks). Focus Blast allows Torn to continue to hit Steel Types and Rock Types

Next, I wanted a rocker - one that could threaten Magearna. While Heatran still fears Focus Blast from Gear, Gear also fears Magma Storm in return. I chose Calm + Leftovers for longevity. Taunt also helps stallbreak things like Pex which this team struggles to break unless teammates can set up.

Specs Keldeo was up next because this team would have gotten decimated by Ash-Greninja. Keldeo is easily one of my favorite Special Wallbreakers in the OU tier and one of my favorite Gren counters. Icy Wind punishes switch-ins from things like Mega-Venu, Mega-Zam, and the Latis.

Now the team needed an answer to Koko and an Electric answer. Lando-T was my go to because... its Lando-T. Stone Edge for Flying-Types which threaten the team as well.

Mega Mawile rounds the team out as I still needed a Mega Pokemon and I like to balance my Physical and Special offense on teams I build. Knock-Off and Sucker Punch are for hitting dangerous Psychic-Types like Zam and Lele.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Choice Scarf Kartana BO

Kartana.png 4060-Tornadus-Therian.png 250px-445Garchomp.png 186px-Sugimori_801.png 658_Greninja (Ash-Greninja).png 8248-Mega-Tyranitar.png

Importable:
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7457a0eb4290fdbe

Team Description:
This bulky offensive team is built around Choice Scarf Kartana,
Kartana is the speed control which can pick off Mega Zam and also any variant of Tapu Lele, since it is faster than both of them.
Magearne helps here in checking both of these threats defensively with Assault Vest and slow Volt Switch Momentum.
Tornadus-Therian acts as the Defogger on this team because it can reliably Defog since he has a good Ability in Regenerator, which allows it to act consistently throughout the game.
Tornadus-Therian has Flynium Z so there is one less Hurricane miss risk and also U-Turn Momentum. Heat Wave here is a good answer to Mega-Scizor and Ferrothorn after you burned your Z-Move already.
Garchomp is a tanky variant to have a check to Heatran, which is really good for this team, as Ash-Greninja is a rather inconsistent switch into Heatran due to a rather suboptimal defensive stat distribution.
Speakin' of Ash Greninja, this is the special breaker for this team, it really hits hard after Battle Bonding and is one of the most dangerous and fearsome pkmn to face,
also Spikes allows it to set up ssecondary hazards with Garchomps Stealth Rocks.
The last Member on this Squad is Dragon Dance 3 Attacks Mega Tyranitar with the elemental punches in Fire- and Ice Punch and its STAB in Stone Edge.
This team acts around the Volt-Turn Momentum and the dangerous breakers in Ash Greninja and Kartana to come in safely.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

This is a bulky offensive team that I built recently: Slowbro and Amoonguss form an amazing defensive regen core that guards aginst a big portion of the meta. Heatran completes a sweet Fire-Water-Grass backbone, is a solid rocks setter and helps against mons that threaten the other two, like Lele or Torn. Lando is the mandatory Ground type and Ground inmunity; it offers momentum, speed control and packs Knock Off mainly to cripple the opposing Scarf Lando for Medi and Kart. I wanted to try double priority Medi due to its superior offense MU (when you have good means for pressuring the Lando this set is pretty neat). As always, it acts as a nice balance breaker. Finally SD Kartana is here as a fast wincon that can help Medi and Tran vs stall teams. Grassium Z hits Lando harder than anything else, helping open my own Lando and my Medi a lot, and still manages to KO Zapdos (at +2) and offensive Torn after rocks. It also lets me keep the valuable Smart Strike, which is a great mid-ground move on many circumstances and ensures that you beat Clefable on stall.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

https://pokepast.es/7608638a7dabbea2
So with everyone using SD or Scarf I wanted to spice things up a little with Banded Kart. This mon hits like a nuke and can surprise some checks with its sheer power. To aid Kartana, I decided to go with dual trapping so I added SR MegaTar and Magnezone. They trap/weaken alot of stuff Kart doesn’t want in its way, like Zap, Cele, Zor, Latias, Ferro and the occasional Skarm. Magnezone is Electrium Z to dent Aggron severely, and Megatar can get Rocks up against Sableye stalls. This lets Band Kart basically go nuts vs these types of teams thanks to the pivot support from Washtom and Torn. Speaking of, these two cover several threats, such as Kartana (watch out for Z-Giga Impact), Heatran, Bulu, Steela etc. Finally, Bulu rounds the team out, giving it a mandatory Water+Dark resist and powering up Kart’s Leaf Blade. MegaTar and Zone also appreciate halved damage from Earthquake and some recovery, especially since I’m sub Zone.

Last edited:

PokePaste
First off, shout out to Egor for helping me finesse this team. <3

Kartana is such a fun mon to build around and I toyed with all of its iterations before settling on Z-Breakneck Blitz. It's still a move that catches a lot of people off guard and turns some of Kart's regular checks and counters into a non-issue (looking at you, Zapdos, Tangrowth and Volcarona).

From there I added Mega Tyranitar, which serves as the Stealth Rocker for the team. It's also great for Pursuit trapping some more pressing threats like the Lati's, pressuring opposing Zapdos with Stone Edge, and bopping Ferrothorns and Celesteelas for supereffective damage with a strong Fire Punch. Mega Tyranitar helps versus threats like Heatran, which the team otherwise would struggle with switching in on.

Lando-T does what Lando-T does. Amazing speed control. The added bulk from this EV spread lets it last a little longer while still outspeeding Mega Zam. Defog control, Intimidate, U-Turn for momentum, Explosion to put a huge dent or knock out an opposing wall, ground typing...what's there not to love?

Then good ol' AV Magearna steps in. She's here to eat up M-Zam and Tapu Lele hits for days while also forcing a ton of switches herself. Volt Switch gives the team momentum and brings in Kartana safely. The 22 speed IVs lets Magearna underspeed Leech Seed from Celesteela, denying it crucial recovery.

From there it's reliable Ash Greninja. Everyone knows what it does. Water Shuriken gives the team some priority, Spikes to wear down the opposing team, Hydro Pump to score some big hits and Dark Pulse to constant put pressure on opposing Ferrothorns, Tangrowths and Toxapexes.

Finally, this brings me to Zapdos. Zapdos is kind of the glue that holds everything together. As I mentioned before, Celesteela is a big annoyance. Zapdos pretty much straight up counters it. Static is amazing for punishing the other team's physical Pokemon/sweepers, Volt Switch is STAB and momentum, Roost is self-explanatory, Heat Wave is for Ferrothorns and to try to spread burns when needed, and HP Ice is there for Gliscors/Garchomps/Lando-Ts that want to try to get cute versus the team.

Hope people like the team!

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Hydreigon @ Metronome
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
Everyone's using Z GIga Impact, so I decided to go a different route, and search through my team archive. I found the gem of Grassy Terrain boosted Leaf Blades decimating any answer, so I went with that. I'll provide calc's to backup my statements anyways. Moving on, I started with Kart+Bulu as a grass spam core cuz terrain as well as Bulu and Kart having around the same answers, and bulu just wears everything down for kart to shred with terrain boosted attacks. Heatran was added cuz I needed rocks, as well as a Magearna/Lele answer. Heatran also abuses terrain, so why not. Next was Hydreigon, because I needed a tran check and an ash gren check with reliable recovery, and Hydrei fit the bill, also wearing down everything for Kart/Bulu. Next, I needed a Kartana check, as well as a defogger, so I went with (my favorite of the three) legendary bird Zapdos. Finally, I needed a Ground, as well as speed control. Landorus fits that bill quite well, but it's running an HP fire tech to revenge kill Kartana, because Z Giga removes Zapdos, and I aint playin around that.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
https://pokepast.es/7de1bca9616096da

A team build around the core of band kartana + rockium Z landorus, since I believe that rockium Z landorus is quite competent a luring out flying types that tend to annoy kartana, while kartana band can break thrue other grass types with minimal cheap damages.
Tornadus provide a reliable defoger as well as a way to cheap down scarf landos while checking opposing kartanas, scizors etc.
Latios can switch in heatran, check opposing gliscor and threaten venusaur since classic venusaur don't handle band kartana quite well but the rare bold variant can be an issue otherwise.
magearna soft checks psychic types and greninja while providing momentum to get kartana or lando (even Latios) in safely.
Scarf gren cover many of the team weaknesses such as volcarona or rain, while still providing momentum.
I guess the main issue would be celesteela.

https://pokepast.es/7044f8debf99a054
Starting with Webs to reduce the number of threats that can outspeed Kartana, Adrenaline Orb punishes Landorus-T as he tries to figure out the set and make the pivot with U-Turn.
Tapu Koko is the answer against fast flying types (hello Tornadus-T), Shuca Berry softens the team's glaring weakness to Ground. Garchomp provides SR and presses Zapdos.
Zard-X is another wallbreaker and Jirachi is an attempt not to lose to Magearna, while still providing some offensive power by abusing Webs + Stun Spore. Icy Wind is filler and helps keep speed control when Webs is no longer on the field.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 96 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Victini @ Electrium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
Probably never using this team in a serious tournament setting, so gonna drop it here. I really like Work Up Z Bolt Vic because it lures shit like Heatran in for SD Mega Sciz and Kart's used as a scarfer/fogger here more than a central focal point of the team, but it's a fun ass team with some nice sets so I figured that I might as well post it. Also, yes I'm aware that this looks a lot like other SM teams that have been used a lot lately, just worse, sue me.

Last edited:
Team A by Finchinator

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 148 Atk / 164 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Wish

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 HP / 140 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
just a balanced team with Kartana + Magnezone. it has pretty superb defensive synergy and i have enjoyed playing it lately. this team specifically makes use of z-giga impact kartana, which is arguably the most threatening and hard to check set. in addition, it is the set that does the best at breaking stall teams, which can be cool depending upon the match-up.

Team B by Wugus

Karltana Banks (Kartana) @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 4 Atk / 144 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Because this is a teambuilding contest centered around Kartana, I decided to pick the SD Z-Giga Impact set since it has been growing more popular and it hits everything pretty nasty. Pretty standard.

When I think of things that threaten Kartana the most, I think of Bulky Grass-Types and Volcarona. This AV Torn is a bit unorthodox, but it lives a +1 Flamethrower from Bulky Volcarona with a 0% chance to be 3HKOd and 2HKOs Volc in return (OHKO with rocks). Focus Blast allows Torn to continue to hit Steel Types and Rock Types

Next, I wanted a rocker - one that could threaten Magearna. While Heatran still fears Focus Blast from Gear, Gear also fears Magma Storm in return. I chose Calm + Leftovers for longevity. Taunt also helps stallbreak things like Pex which this team struggles to break unless teammates can set up.

Specs Keldeo was up next because this team would have gotten decimated by Ash-Greninja. Keldeo is easily one of my favorite Special Wallbreakers in the OU tier and one of my favorite Gren counters. Icy Wind punishes switch-ins from things like Mega-Venu, Mega-Zam, and the Latis.

Now the team needed an answer to Koko and an Electric answer. Lando-T was my go to because... its Lando-T. Stone Edge for Flying-Types which threaten the team as well.

Mega Mawile rounds the team out as I still needed a Mega Pokemon and I like to balance my Physical and Special offense on teams I build. Knock-Off and Sucker Punch are for hitting dangerous Psychic-Types like Zam and Lele.

Team C by Katy

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
This bulky offensive team is built around Choice Scarf Kartana,
Kartana is the speed control which can pick off Mega Zam and also any variant of Tapu Lele, since it is faster than both of them.
Magearne helps here in checking both of these threats defensively with Assault Vest and slow Volt Switch Momentum.
Tornadus-Therian acts as the Defogger on this team because it can reliably Defog since he has a good Ability in Regenerator, which allows it to act consistently throughout the game.
Tornadus-Therian has Flynium Z so there is one less Hurricane miss risk and also U-Turn Momentum. Heat Wave here is a good answer to Mega-Scizor and Ferrothorn after you burned your Z-Move already.
Garchomp is a tanky variant to have a check to Heatran, which is really good for this team, as Ash-Greninja is a rather inconsistent switch into Heatran due to a rather suboptimal defensive stat distribution.
Speakin' of Ash Greninja, this is the special breaker for this team, it really hits hard after Battle Bonding and is one of the most dangerous and fearsome pkmn to face,
also Spikes allows it to set up ssecondary hazards with Garchomps Stealth Rocks.
The last Member on this Squad is Dragon Dance 3 Attacks Mega Tyranitar with the elemental punches in Fire- and Ice Punch and its STAB in Stone Edge.
This team acts around the Volt-Turn Momentum and the dangerous breakers in Ash Greninja and Kartana to come in safely.

Team D by Slave Of Passion

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
This is a bulky offensive team that I built recently: Slowbro and Amoonguss form an amazing defensive regen core that guards aginst a big portion of the meta. Heatran completes a sweet Fire-Water-Grass backbone, is a solid rocks setter and helps against mons that threaten the other two, like Lele or Torn. Lando is the mandatory Ground type and Ground inmunity; it offers momentum, speed control and packs Knock Off mainly to cripple the opposing Scarf Lando for Medi and Kart. I wanted to try double priority Medi due to its superior offense MU (when you have good means for pressuring the Lando this set is pretty neat). As always, it acts as a nice balance breaker. Finally SD Kartana is here as a fast wincon that can help Medi and Tran vs stall teams. Grassium Z hits Lando harder than anything else, helping open my own Lando and my Medi a lot, and still manages to KO Zapdos (at +2) and offensive Torn after rocks. It also lets me keep the valuable Smart Strike, which is a great mid-ground move on many circumstances and ensures that you beat Clefable on stall.

Team E by Solaros & Lunaris

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 180 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Figy Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
So with everyone using SD or Scarf I wanted to spice things up a little with Banded Kart. This mon hits like a nuke and can surprise some checks with its sheer power. To aid Kartana, I decided to go with dual trapping so I added SR MegaTar and Magnezone. They trap/weaken alot of stuff Kart doesn’t want in its way, like Zap, Cele, Zor, Latias, Ferro and the occasional Skarm. Magnezone is Electrium Z to dent Aggron severely, and Megatar can get Rocks up against Sableye stalls. This lets Band Kart basically go nuts vs these types of teams thanks to the pivot support from Washtom and Torn. Speaking of, these two cover several threats, such as Kartana (watch out for Z-Giga Impact), Heatran, Bulu, Steela etc. Finally, Bulu rounds the team out, giving it a mandatory Water+Dark resist and powering up Kart’s Leaf Blade. MegaTar and Zone also appreciate halved damage from Earthquake and some recovery, especially since I’m sub Zone.

Team F by Windgrace

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 22 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Explosion

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
First off, shout out to Egor for helping me finesse this team. <3

Kartana is such a fun mon to build around and I toyed with all of its iterations before settling on Z-Breakneck Blitz. It's still a move that catches a lot of people off guard and turns some of Kart's regular checks and counters into a non-issue (looking at you, Zapdos, Tangrowth and Volcarona).

From there I added Mega Tyranitar, which serves as the Stealth Rocker for the team. It's also great for Pursuit trapping some more pressing threats like the Lati's, pressuring opposing Zapdos with Stone Edge, and bopping Ferrothorns and Celesteelas for supereffective damage with a strong Fire Punch. Mega Tyranitar helps versus threats like Heatran, which the team otherwise would struggle with switching in on.

Lando-T does what Lando-T does. Amazing speed control. The added bulk from this EV spread lets it last a little longer while still outspeeding Mega Zam. Defog control, Intimidate, U-Turn for momentum, Explosion to put a huge dent or knock out an opposing wall, ground typing...what's there not to love?

Then good ol' AV Magearna steps in. She's here to eat up M-Zam and Tapu Lele hits for days while also forcing a ton of switches herself. Volt Switch gives the team momentum and brings in Kartana safely. The 22 speed IVs lets Magearna underspeed Leech Seed from Celesteela, denying it crucial recovery.

From there it's reliable Ash Greninja. Everyone knows what it does. Water Shuriken gives the team some priority, Spikes to wear down the opposing team, Hydro Pump to score some big hits and Dark Pulse to constant put pressure on opposing Ferrothorns, Tangrowths and Toxapexes.

Finally, this brings me to Zapdos. Zapdos is kind of the glue that holds everything together. As I mentioned before, Celesteela is a big annoyance. Zapdos pretty much straight up counters it. Static is amazing for punishing the other team's physical Pokemon/sweepers, Volt Switch is STAB and momentum, Roost is self-explanatory, Heat Wave is for Ferrothorns and to try to spread burns when needed, and HP Ice is there for Gliscors/Garchomps/Lando-Ts that want to try to get cute versus the team.

Hope people like the team!

Team G by Sickist

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Hydreigon @ Metronome
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
Everyone's using Z GIga Impact, so I decided to go a different route, and search through my team archive. I found the gem of Grassy Terrain boosted Leaf Blades decimating any answer, so I went with that. I'll provide calc's to backup my statements anyways. Moving on, I started with Kart+Bulu as a grass spam core cuz terrain as well as Bulu and Kart having around the same answers, and bulu just wears everything down for kart to shred with terrain boosted attacks. Heatran was added cuz I needed rocks, as well as a Magearna/Lele answer. Heatran also abuses terrain, so why not. Next was Hydreigon, because I needed a tran check and an ash gren check with reliable recovery, and Hydrei fit the bill, also wearing down everything for Kart/Bulu. Next, I needed a Kartana check, as well as a defogger, so I went with (my favorite of the three) legendary bird Zapdos. Finally, I needed a Ground, as well as speed control. Landorus fits that bill quite well, but it's running an HP fire tech to revenge kill Kartana, because Z Giga removes Zapdos, and I aint playin around that.

Team H by HKT

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Grass Knot
A team build around the core of band kartana + rockium Z landorus, since I believe that rockium Z landorus is quite competent a luring out flying types that tend to annoy kartana, while kartana band can break thrue other grass types with minimal cheap damages.
Tornadus provide a reliable defoger as well as a way to cheap down scarf landos while checking opposing kartanas, scizors etc.
Latios can switch in heatran, check opposing gliscor and threaten venusaur since classic venusaur don't handle band kartana quite well but the rare bold variant can be an issue otherwise.
magearna soft checks psychic types and greninja while providing momentum to get kartana or lando (even Latios) in safely.
Scarf gren cover many of the team weaknesses such as volcarona or rain, while still providing momentum.
I guess the main issue would be celesteela.

Team I by Tio Chico

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Kartana @ Adrenaline Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Icy Wind
Starting with Webs to reduce the number of threats that can outspeed Kartana, Adrenaline Orb punishes Landorus-T as he tries to figure out the set and make the pivot with U-Turn.
Tapu Koko is the answer against fast flying types (hello Tornadus-T), Shuca Berry softens the team's glaring weakness to Ground. Garchomp provides SR and presses Zapdos.
Zard-X is another wallbreaker and Jirachi is an attempt not to lose to Magearna, while still providing some offensive power by abusing Webs + Stun Spore. Icy Wind is filler and helps keep speed control when Webs is no longer on the field.

Team J by Mannat

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 96 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Victini @ Electrium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
Probably never using this team in a serious tournament setting, so gonna drop it here. I really like Work Up Z Bolt Vic because it lures shit like Heatran in for SD Mega Sciz and Kart's used as a scarfer/fogger here more than a central focal point of the team, but it's a fun ass team with some nice sets so I figured that I might as well post it. Also, yes I'm aware that this looks a lot like other SM teams that have been used a lot lately, just worse, sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)