Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Jordy for winning last round. I apologize for the lack of activity on my part. This is the last year of high school for me so it's gonna be super busy.
:Round 24:
Borderline

Your team must feature at least two Pokemon currently in Borderline. Deadline is Friday.​

hero

amiwos :J
Wow, how come nobody is submitting teams? Since things are looking kinda dull I decided to have some fun with this team

As a little exercise I decided to go with a full BL team. It's fun and there are a bunch of interesting mons chillin in there. Click the mons for the importable. Some details below.
I decided to start with SpDef Jirachi and Hoopa-Unbound. They have excellent sinergy, as Jirachi can easily take advantage of the fairy types that annoy Hoopa, and it can slowly pivot Hoopa into and advantageous position. For this very reason I went with CB Hoopa-U, thanks to the lack of Dugtrio it can easily come in and claim kills even against resisted mons and it can pressure Fairy types and Physically defensive mons to assist my other sweepers. Landorus-T exists, and I wanted some hazard control that could act as a pivot and switch into some stuff. From the limited BL pool I decided to go with Defensive RH Torn-T, reason being it can switch easily into most Def Landos and get a defog off, it can provide switch in opportunities for Hoopa and thanks to its defensive investment, it can take serve as pivot switch into things like Tapu Bulu, Kartana and Hawlucha, it may not be the best defensive mon but it does the trick with what I'm working with haha. Z Rain Dance Manaphy is an early SM mon that I had a lot of fun with, and since I needed a water resist I figured Manaphy's natural bulk and dangerous sweeping potential against any playstyle would be a valuable asset. This may be a BL only team, but Tapu Koko is still a Pokemon. SD Diggersby as the only ground type in BL is a necessity, but despite that, he still has a valuable role, thanks to it's monstrous attack, it can assist Hoopa U ibto breaking physical walls, helping my last mon clean up the mess. You might want to try Jolly. And lastly, I needed some speed control and something that could at least speed tie Volcarona while still being decent at running scarf, and so Scarf SSalamence was added to the team as a late game cleaner which can catch some careless people off guard early game too. Not too much to explain.
I wrote this in the train, so sorry if some stuff doesn't make sense.

Since there's only one submission, I'll be extending the deadline until Sunday for more people to submit (and maybe I'll be a little less creative with team themes next time, who knows?).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Edit: I thought it was 1 BL my bad; let me off for having a PU mon IMO

I happened to be messing around with a joke team earlier today that happened to actually work sometimes on mid ladder, and it qualifies for this so imma post it. Prior warning that it’s got some pretty jank shit on it.

Raichu-Alola @ Psychium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn / Volt Switch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Fly
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
I wanted to mess around with NP Alolan Raichu because it does a few cool things like beat a lot of traditional Elec stops (see: AV Bulu, MVenu/Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon etc.) while shutting down Lucha pretty efficiently either via its own Koko’s support or via its own partnered Koko. This team doesn’t struggle too much with Lucha really between speed creep on my own Lucha and it just not giving it many setup opportunities outside of my own Koko, but it can’t hurt to have it in the back anyway just in case, and it helps to just put a lot of speed control pressure onto the opponent between it beating all non-prio speed controllers minus Mega Alakazam’s Trace and its ability to set up on a solid portion of the meta with its Speed and offensive/defensive typing.

I decided to go with Screens Koko because I haven’t rlly had many opportunities to use it so far this gen, and honestly it’s extremely nasty in general and does a lot for this team so I’m glad I brought it. SUPER underrated set. It’s the most consistently pivotal ‘mon on the squad. Lucha is there ‘cuz why not run KokoLucha in a meta where there is literally no opportunity cost to running it. Got enough speed to outrun jolly Exca so that sand doesn’t troll me; also helps with opposing Lucha. Peli+Swamp ‘cuz I wanted to make it Raichu rain so that I could get away with running Thunder on Chu; generally makes this team a total beast to deal with for offensive teams due to the sheer volume of speed control. Ran the gen 6 FlyNite in the sixth slot because I wanted something that could annoy fatter teams while also shitting on Kartana. It’s another pretty underrated set and is imo the most dangerous DNite set in the current meta. There are a handful of weaknesses but that’s the nature of a kinda jank squad like this. It’s a lot of fun to piss around with in the sorta 1400-1700 region of the ladder,

Last edited:
Hope I'm not too late with this submission

Buzzy Boi (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 216 HP / 100 Atk / 48 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Toxic
- Roost

Psycho Boi (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Never Dies Boi (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Stony Boi (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Toxic Boi (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

My Little Pony Boi (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Seeing as the theme of the week was Borderline pokemon, I decided to make a team centered around Buzzwole, the swole mosquito. Buzzwole is pretty amazing at providing regular stops to threatening physical attackers, and can even use Focus Punch to still be threatening offensively. He can use Landorus and Substitute and Toxic bait, laughs at Kartana's puny attempts at attacking, and toxics out Tapu Bulu, making him a cool choice to center a team around. I then decided to use the impressive bulk of Buzzwole to serve as a cushion for my next Borderline mon, Alakazam. I have never got to try out Alakazam's Life Orb set before so this was a good opportunity, and Alakazam hits like a truck with Life Orb, OHKOing many threats that I didn't think it could, and providing a general nuisance to the entirety of the team. Thanks to Buzzwole tanking hits from Kartana and such, Alakazam regularly shone in battles harassing fat pokemons.

The rest of the team is pretty standard, Toxapex was used to round out any problems from threatening special attackers like Greninja, Gliscor was added for Defog and a way to harass Koko, and to potentially Toxic Hawlucha. Mega Tyranitar was added to help out with powerful Psychic attackers, as well as provide the necessary Stealth Rocks, since he is surprisingly good at that. Keldeo was added for neccesary speed control, as well as to revenge all the pokemons this team tends to have trouble like Lopunny, offensive Landorus, and Volcarona. All in all, this team is a pretty fun team that I loved abusing on ladder, and its ability to literally toxic every pokemon on the other team is hilarious. I certainly enjoyed using it, and I hope anyone who tries it does too.

Sorry Martin, I know Alolan Raichu is flames and I honestly love your team, but rules are rules :(
  • Team A by -herO-
    • Jirachi @ Leftovers
      Ability: Serene Grace
      EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
      Careful Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Healing Wish
      - U-turn
      - Iron Head

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
      EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
      Timid Nature
      - Defog
      - U-turn
      - Hurricane
      - Knock Off

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
      Ability: Hydration
      Timid Nature
      - Rain Dance
      - Tail Glow
      - Surf
      - Psychic

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
      Ability: Magician
      EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
      Adamant Nature
      - Hyperspace Fury
      - Fire Punch
      - Drain Punch
      - Trick

Diggersby @ Life Orb
      Ability: Huge Power
      EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
      Adamant Nature
      - Quick Attack
      - Return
      - Earthquake
      - Swords Dance

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
      Ability: Moxie
      EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
      Jolly Nature
      - Outrage
      - Earthquake
      - Fire Blast
      - Dragon Claw
      As a little exercise I decided to go with a full BL team. It's fun and there are a bunch of interesting mons chillin in there. Click the mons for the importable. Some details below. I decided to start with SpDef Jirachi and Hoopa-Unbound. They have excellent sinergy, as Jirachi can easily take advantage of the fairy types that annoy Hoopa, and it can slowly pivot Hoopa into and advantageous position. For this very reason I went with CB Hoopa-U, thanks to the lack of Dugtrio it can easily come in and claim kills even against resisted mons and it can pressure Fairy types and Physically defensive mons to assist my other sweepers. Landorus-T exists, and I wanted some hazard control that could act as a pivot and switch into some stuff. From the limited BL pool I decided to go with Defensive RH Torn-T, reason being it can switch easily into most Def Landos and get a defog off, it can provide switch in opportunities for Hoopa and thanks to its defensive investment, it can take serve as pivot switch into things like Tapu Bulu, Kartana and Hawlucha, it may not be the best defensive mon but it does the trick with what I'm working with haha. Z Rain Dance Manaphy is an early SM mon that I had a lot of fun with, and since I needed a water resist I figured Manaphy's natural bulk and dangerous sweeping potential against any playstyle would be a valuable asset. This may be a BL only team, but Tapu Koko is still a Pokemon. SD Diggersby as the only ground type in BL is a necessity, but despite that, he still has a valuable role, thanks to it's monstrous attack, it can assist Hoopa U ibto breaking physical walls, helping my last mon clean up the mess. You might want to try Jolly. And lastly, I needed some speed control and something that could at least speed tie Volcarona while still being decent at running scarf, and so Scarf SSalamence was added to the team as a late game cleaner which can catch some careless people off guard early game too. Not too much to explain.
      I wrote this in the train, so sorry if some stuff doesn't make sense.
  • Team B by matthewc20090
    • Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
      EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
      Bold Nature
      - Slack Off
      - Scald
      - Flamethrower
      - Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
      EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 48 Def / 196 SpD
      Sassy Nature
      - Clear Smog
      - Stomping Tantrum
      - Giga Drain
      - Hidden Power [Fire]

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
      Ability: Pressure
      EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
      Bold Nature
      - Defog
      - Heat Wave
      - Discharge
      - Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
      Ability: Serene Grace
      EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
      Jolly Nature
      - U-turn
      - Wish
      - Protect
      - Iron Head

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
      Ability: Sand Force
      EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
      Careful Nature
      - Earthquake
      - Slack Off
      - Whirlwind
      - Stealth Rock

Chansey @ Eviolite
      Ability: Natural Cure
      EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
      Bold Nature
      - Seismic Toss
      - Soft-Boiled
      - Toxic
      - Heal Bell
      basically i wanted to make a mega slowbro balance and ended up making this fat shit right here. never building around pink mons ever again, but slowbro+chansey walls everything so thats cool. to sum it up,

☆Frozen❄luckenbad: you are why the ladder sucks
  • Team C by stuuful12
    • Buzzy Boi (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
      Ability: Beast Boost
      EVs: 216 HP / 100 Atk / 48 Def / 144 Spe
      Impish Nature
      - Substitute
      - Focus Punch
      - Toxic
      - Roost

Psycho Boi (Alakazam) @ Life Orb
      Ability: Magic Guard
      Timid Nature
      - Psychic
      - Focus Blast
      - Hidden Power [Fire]
      - Recover

Never Dies Boi (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
      EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
      Sassy Nature
      - Toxic Spikes
      - Scald
      - Recover
      - Haze

Stony Boi (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
      Ability: Sand Stream
      EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
      Adamant Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Stone Edge
      - Fire Punch
      - Pursuit

Toxic Boi (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
      Ability: Poison Heal
      EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
      Impish Nature
      - Toxic
      - Earthquake
      - Roost
      - Defog

My Little Pony Boi (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
      Ability: Justified
      EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
      Hasty Nature
      - Scald
      - Hydro Pump
      - Secret Sword
      - Stone Edge
      Seeing as the theme of the week was Borderline pokemon, I decided to make a team centered around Buzzwole, the swole mosquito. Buzzwole is pretty amazing at providing regular stops to threatening physical attackers, and can even use Focus Punch to still be threatening offensively. He can use Landorus and Substitute and Toxic bait, laughs at Kartana's puny attempts at attacking, and toxics out Tapu Bulu, making him a cool choice to center a team around. I then decided to use the impressive bulk of Buzzwole to serve as a cushion for my next Borderline mon, Alakazam. I have never got to try out Alakazam's Life Orb set before so this was a good opportunity, and Alakazam hits like a truck with Life Orb, OHKOing many threats that I didn't think it could, and providing a general nuisance to the entirety of the team. Thanks to Buzzwole tanking hits from Kartana and such, Alakazam regularly shone in battles harassing fat pokemons.

The rest of the team is pretty standard, Toxapex was used to round out any problems from threatening special attackers like Greninja, Gliscor was added for Defog and a way to harass Koko, and to potentially Toxic Hawlucha. Mega Tyranitar was added to help out with powerful Psychic attackers, as well as provide the necessary Stealth Rocks, since he is surprisingly good at that. Keldeo was added for neccesary speed control, as well as to revenge all the pokemons this team tends to have trouble like Lopunny, offensive Landorus, and Volcarona. All in all, this team is a pretty fun team that I loved abusing on ladder, and its ability to literally toxic every pokemon on the other team is hilarious. I certainly enjoyed using it, and I hope anyone who tries it does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)