Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.

(click on sprites)
I built this team starting with SD Zor, which is a cool mon, I wanted to use some tran lure to make easier the Scizor's sweep as well, and that's when I thought in use LO Latios, which is a very unusual set in SM metagame, after that, I needed some Speed Control, so I put Scarf Lando, it helps against Mega Zam builds and checks some Zygarde DD variants, at this point, the team was needing some way to pressure Celesteela, so, I decided to use Heatran, checks several steel-types, including Celesteela, and already gives me Stealth Rock, now the team needed some Ash Greninja check, so I added Bulu on team, that already checks koko and ash gren together, and also helps to break Stall, lastly, I put Tornadus-T because I needed a Kartana check (SD Zor takes 2hko to bander tana) and scarf landot, besides, using Tornadus, I can put Stone Edge on Lando, what its good.

sorry for terrible english :psyduck:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 236 HP / 68 Atk / 4 Def / 168 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

FAT TEAMS ARE FAT

This developed around RestTalk Zygarde, oddly, and utilizes the Scizor+Zygarde core to wear down each other's counters and let one sweep. Hazard support was necessary, so originally Clefable+Toxapex+Ferrothorn was here for all 3 hazards, but Ferro was swapped out for Tangrowth for that killer Regenerator core and a bit more offense. Celesteela was added for stopping Latios and Alakazam, as well as generally being annoying. I've been having a good bit of success with it, and Scizor is amazing in the team to bouncing about and luring Heatran extremely well.

Team A by Seth Vilo

https://pokepast.es/1e5f651ac11e49d2
Scizor is one of my favorite mons of the game. It has a good double type with only one weakness. Good defense and very complete to have Roost. Course on SD for the increase of attack and defense. It allows me to eliminate fairies like Diancie / Bulu and Ice type like KyuB / Weavile. Knock Off by Uturn seems like a good option to disable the opponent that is important. The next point is not much to explain, Gastrodon seems to me good support on Zapdos / Koko or Heatran (not Grassium) thanks to its ability I have good response for Rain Dance or water spam. Toxic is mandatory to wear out passive mons. Now it's Heatran's turn. I think I'll put as an option bring EPower here instead of Protect or Toxic. Maybe it's not a good idea to do without such an important move. Well, the set is the special defensive and is my SR user and my resistensia of the previous two. I needed something to cover ground spam and complete the classic core Fire / Water / Grass. Here comes Bulu, perfect candidate and who owns the Grassinium Z with SD. Tornadus T on the mythical Landorus and the defog of the team with Rocky helmet. Anyone is good here to fit bulky grass among others. For the end one of the pillars, Zygod DD + Coil. This set I find the best can surprise and cross the rival defenses.

Team B by Acronychia

(click on sprites)
I built this team starting with SD Zor, which is a cool mon, I wanted to use some tran lure to make easier the Scizor's sweep as well, and that's when I thought in use LO Latios, which is a very unusual set in SM metagame, after that, I needed some Speed Control, so I put Scarf Lando, it helps against Mega Zam builds and checks some Zygarde DD variants, at this point, the team was needing some way to pressure Celesteela, so, I decided to use Heatran, checks several steel-types, including Celesteela, and already gives me Stealth Rock, now the team needed some Ash Greninja check, so I added Bulu on team, that already checks koko and ash gren together, and also helps to break Stall, lastly, I put Tornadus-T because I needed a Kartana check (SD Zor takes 2hko to bander tana) and scarf landot, besides, using Tornadus, I can put Stone Edge on Lando, what its good.

Team C by Yujiii

My vote goes to team A.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Congratulations to Seth Vilo for winning this round!! (import)

:Round 35:
Mega Medicham

-------------------------------------------------------
Mega Medicham is a phenomenal wallbreaker, being able to easily break through most balance builds, especially ones featuring a Celesteela + Tangrowth + Toxapex core. It has seen a slight rise in usage due to OLT's qualifying phase, with multiple different builds bringing players to the top of the ladder. Recently, Mega Medi has been featured archetypes it normally wouldn't be on such as webs. Lets see what you can do with it!

Deadline for this round will August 28th.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
M-Medi+Ash-Gren Offense

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Punishment

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I decided to build this team around M-Medi+Ash-Gren core. M-Medi threatens Pex, Ferro and Tang for Ash-Gren, while Ash-Gren puts Spikes to chip opposing team and threatens Ghost-types like Blace, as well as bulky Psychic-types like M-Latis for M-Medi. Ash-Gren also can remove faster than M-Medi mons bar M-Zam, M-Lopunny and Zeraora. Since this core is very frail, VoltTurn support will be appreciated by them. I added classic Koko+Lando VoltTurn core, where Koko runs support set for hazard control and more consistensy in checking the likes of M-Pinsir, while Lando runs Scarf set for Speed control and checking Zygod and opposing Lando with HP Ice. Punishment is for M-Latias, which can be quite troublesome for this team. My team is still frail and lacks of Ash-Gren switch-ins, so i added Tangrowth. It gives my team some bulk and checks Ash-Gren and Zygod. HP Fire eases matchup against Kart, and Sludge Bomb beats Bulu. Z-move slot is still free, and team lacks of SR and Heatran switch-ins, so Heatran was added in the last slot. Offensive Heatran, while setting SR, can switch into opposing Heatran if it didn't use Earth Power on the switch, can punch some holes in opposing team with Z-Magma Storm and improves this team's matchup against stall.
sorry for my terrible english

M-Medi Rain

Built rain cause I literally built around the same six 'mons as Egor and saw his post before hand. So I tried to build around an archetype medicham usually isn't seen on, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Built around adamant mega-medi + standard spikes ash gren. Really good core, Medi can break mons that gren doesnt like, such as pex, chansey, bulu, mantine(lol), ferrothorn, magearna, etc. In return, gren can break can beat lando, bulky psychics, etc. Koko was added as a great partner for medicham, as it can lure lando, pivot in to medicham, and give it electric terrain for strong as hell thunder punches, allowing medicham to easily 2HKO mega sab. At this point I noticed that this core contained the types of mons that are typically seen on and benefit from rain, so I added pelipper. Pelipper is terrific, as unlike politoed from gen 6, it actually has merit outside of dedicated rain teams. Pelipper added rain support, for super powered pumps and shurikens, 100% accurate thunders, a ground immunity, defog support, and slow u-turns in to one of my breakers. After Peli, I added Ferrothorn. Ferro loved the rain support, and in turn granted more consistent setting of spikes, a necessary hard check to both lele and rain, and speed control via thunder wave. The last mon is Landorus. Running a flyinium set, to lure bulky grasses for the rest of my team, the rest of the set is standard.

[/SPOILER

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion

Yeah this probably terribad because I tried to stray away from the typical Medi + Koko + Gren (really good core), because knowing me I would end up with what was already submitted or blunders medi team. Started with Medi + Kart. Late game sweepers really appreciate Medichams ability to wallbreak as most defensive cores that would stop late game sweepers like kart can't handle Medicham. Added Bulu to boost Karts leaf blade and to check revenge killers like Greninja-Ash. Heatran forms the GOD core with Bulu as they got really good defensive synergy. Firium Tran also gives us a stall breaker and a rocker. I was looking weak to opposing Kart, Lucha and Pinsir as well as needed a fogger bc I think Fog Kart is horrible so I added Torn. Torn can pivot into medicham to get it in safely and do some damage. Was looking really weak to Heatran so I added Lefties Zygarde. Zygarde can spread glare which can boost the overall speed tier of the team. I picked in the lefties set in particular as I had 2 other wallbreakers on the team and lefties is reliable vs more offensive teams and heatran. But yeah, built this in like 20 minutes trying to be cool hip and different.

Team A by Egor

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Punishment

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
I decided to build this team around M-Medi+Ash-Gren core. M-Medi threatens Pex, Ferro and Tang for Ash-Gren, while Ash-Gren puts Spikes to chip opposing team and threatens Ghost-types like Blace, as well as bulky Psychic-types like M-Latis for M-Medi. Ash-Gren also can remove faster than M-Medi mons bar M-Zam, M-Lopunny and Zeraora. Since this core is very frail, VoltTurn support will be appreciated by them. I added classic Koko+Lando VoltTurn core, where Koko runs support set for hazard control and more consistensy in checking the likes of M-Pinsir, while Lando runs Scarf set for Speed control and checking Zygod and opposing Lando with HP Ice. Punishment is for M-Latias, which can be quite troublesome for this team. My team is still frail and lacks of Ash-Gren switch-ins, so i added Tangrowth. It gives my team some bulk and checks Ash-Gren and Zygod. HP Fire eases matchup against Kart, and Sludge Bomb beats Bulu. Z-move slot is still free, and team lacks of SR and Heatran switch-ins, so Heatran was added in the last slot. Offensive Heatran, while setting SR, can switch into opposing Heatran if it didn't use Earth Power on the switch, can punch some holes in opposing team with Z-Magma Storm and improves this team's matchup against stall.
Team B by wisdom dog

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Built rain cause I literally built around the same six 'mons as Egor and saw his post before hand. So I tried to build around an archetype medicham usually isn't seen on, and I was pleasantly surprised. Built around adamant mega-medi + standard spikes ash gren. Really good core, Medi can break mons that gren doesnt like, such as pex, chansey, bulu, mantine(lol), ferrothorn, magearna, etc. In return, gren can break can beat lando, bulky psychics, etc. Koko was added as a great partner for medicham, as it can lure lando, pivot in to medicham, and give it electric terrain for strong as hell thunder punches, allowing medicham to easily 2HKO mega sab. At this point I noticed that this core contained the types of mons that are typically seen on and benefit from rain, so I added pelipper. Pelipper is terrific, as unlike politoed from gen 6, it actually has merit outside of dedicated rain teams. Pelipper added rain support, for super powered pumps and shurikens, 100% accurate thunders, a ground immunity, defog support, and slow u-turns in to one of my breakers. After Peli, I added Ferrothorn. Ferro loved the rain support, and in turn granted more consistent setting of spikes, a necessary hard check to both lele and rain, and speed control via thunder wave. The last mon is Landorus. Running a flyinium set, to lure bulky grasses for the rest of my team, the rest of the set is standard.
Team C by Baloor

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare
- Coil

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Heatran @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
Yeah this probably terribad because I tried to stray away from the typical Medi + Koko + Gren (really good core), because knowing me I would end up with what was already submitted or blunders medi team. Started with Medi + Kart. Late game sweepers really appreciate Medichams ability to wallbreak as most defensive cores that would stop late game sweepers like kart can't handle Medicham. Added Bulu to boost Karts leaf blade and to check revenge killers like Greninja-Ash. Heatran forms the GOD core with Bulu as they got really good defensive synergy. Firium Tran also gives us a stall breaker and a rocker. I was looking weak to opposing Kart, Lucha and Pinsir as well as needed a fogger bc I think Fog Kart is horrible so I added Torn. Torn can pivot into medicham to get it in safely and do some damage. Was looking really weak to Heatran so I added Lefties Zygarde. Zygarde can spread glare which can boost the overall speed tier of the team. I picked in the lefties set in particular as I had 2 other wallbreakers on the team and lefties is reliable vs more offensive teams and heatran. But yeah, built this in like 20 minutes trying to be cool hip and different.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
M-Cross+Zyg BO

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Zygod (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Heatran @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
I built this team around M-Cross+Zyg core. M-Cross beats Ferro, Tang and Bulu, mons that are able to wall Zyg, while Zyg beats Pex and can pressure Fairy-types with strong CB-boosted attacks. Guts > Moxie on M-Cross to beat status spreaders like M-Sableye. Zyg runs CB set for sheer wallbreaking power, and ESpeed allows Zyg to act as a revenge killer and beat weakened faster threats. Although Zyg can heavily damage Fairy-types, this core still dislikes them. I added Heatran in my team. It walls many Fairy-types bar Fightinium Z variants of Lele and Magearna. Heatran also sets up rocks and improves my team's matchup against stall. My team is very slow, so I need some fast mons. I added Scarf Lando and Ash-Gren. Lando provides Defog and Speed control, as well as a Ground-type immunity and a second Volt Switch immunity. Stone Edge is for Zard-Y and Torn-T. Ash-Gren gives my team more special attacking power and speed, can put Spikes to chip opposing team and can act as a wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Both Lando and Ash-Gren appreciate their checks like Tang, Bulu, Ferro and Pex(for Ash-Gren) being KOed by M-Cross or Zyg. Opposing Ash-Gren is able to fuck easily beat my team, so I need a switch-in for it. I added Tang in last slot. It checks Ash-Gren and other special attackers like Koko and provides another Ground-type resist. HP Ice is for opposing Lando and Zyg. Sludge Bomb is for Bulu.
sorry for my terrible english

Last edited:
~ Mcross & Npower Tran.

https://pokepast.es/5b110246f391880d

This team is designed in Heracross. The main idea was to look for something solid and well covered among all. When I added Koko, it occurred to me to put Tran with Npower taking advantage of the terrain's shifts. Greninja with Spikes to press more to the contrary and with Specs more power. Latias hwish to give support and Landorus is my only Defog with speed control. Punishment seems useful to me instead of hp ice that I already have in Koko.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)