Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

This is a squad I built a while ago on which I just made some minor tweaks very recently. I started with M-Diancie, and then I added a set that has seen some usage in recent tournaments, which is NP Psychium Z Hoopa-U. Protect Diancie is a very nice mon to lead with, because it can prevent hazards t1 and helps scout stuff. Hoopa-U is a very nice partner to it, helping a lot against balance and fat teams in general. With Nasty Plot and Psychium Z, this pokemon can beat Clefable, Toxapex, and even hit Steel-types like M-Scizor, Celesteela and Magearna after a boost. After choosing these two, I started working on the supportive core, and the first thing I knew I needed was a pivot that could help me to bring in my wallbreakers more easily and Tornadus-T fitted naturally here. It not only provides me a pivot, but also an additional form of hazards control, as well as a check to Grass- types such as Kartana, Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. Tangrowth and Heatran were the next two additions, which completed my supportive core with Water, Fire, Electric, Ground, Steel and Psychic resists, and a stealth rocker in the form of Heatran. The Heatran spread is something I saw on an ABR team. It outspeeds SG Magearna while still having good odds of taking an Earth Power from opposing Heatran. I also originally had Sludge Bomb on Tang but I put Earthquake instead in order to improve my matchup vs. the aforementioned Magearna, as well as Heatran (it is dead-weight vs. them otherwise). My last addition to the team is Scarf Greninja, and although it is quite an awkward choice in the current meta, I do believe it fits well since it provides much-needed speed control as well as Spikes Support. I feel I really needed it not to get obliterated by Zam and it also checks opposing Grens relatively well. Hope you like the team!

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
M-Dia+Volc BO

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Lolcarona (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Zygod (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Toxic
I started to build this team around M-Dia+Volc core. Volc threatens Steels like M-Sciz and Kart for M-Dia, and M-Dia in return provides some hazard control and can break Heatran for Volc with EPower, allowing Volc to sweep. It's also my rocker. I chose bulky Volc because of consistensy in checking Steels for M-Dia and others. I need a way to break Pex and Chansey, two big roadblocks for my primary wincon, Volc. I chose Zyg as my third mon. It breaks Pex and pressures Chansey. It's also my main Heatran switch-in. I feel like I need to put more pressure on Chansey, and team needs some bulk. I added Bulu. It pressures Chansey, gives my team a lot of special bulk and also beats with SD-boosted Superpower many Steels bar M-Sciz. Bulu is also my primary Ash-Gren switch-in. Grassy Terrain is great for my team, weakening EQ for M-Dia and slightly increasing longevity of my team with passive recovery. Since I use Volc, I need more than one way to remove hazards. Defog Scarf Kart is the first way, and SpDef Drill is the second way. Kart and Bulu create a Grass spam core, heavily pressuring many bulky builds. Kart is also my form of Speed control, revenge killer, and an alternative wincon thanks to Scarf and Beast Boost. Drill gives my team more special bulk, eases my Bulu matchup with Iron Head and, alongside Bulu, slightly improves my matchup vs Psyspam, forcing a mind games with either Lele or M-Zam. Drill also appreciates Bulu's Grassy Terrain halving the power of super effective EQ, but there's also a downside, Drill's own EQ'll also be weakened. It's not critical, though, as my main Ground attacker is Zyg, not Drill, and its TArrows is unaffected by Grassy Terrain.
P. S.
:Round 37 39:
Mega Diancie

Deadline for this round is Tuesday!
Fix please

Last edited:
Crustacean Sensation

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Crabominable @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone
- Substitute

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Mega Diancie is trash yo. Luckily it learns Trick Room so it can support some real Pokemon like Crabominable and Crawdaunt. The special EV spread I cooked up allows Diancie to tank Scarf Lando EQ and Specs Gren Hydro in its base form, Trick Room up and get Rocks, while 116 Spe lets it check Hoopa, set Trick Room on Heatran and do other useful things in the midgame.

Crabominable is the perfect partner for Diancie, coming in on Lando and firing off Ice Hammers to his heart's content. Physical Ice types are very strong in this meta and most balance teams get shredded by Crab alone. Marowak handles Steel types, while Crawdaunt provides a much needed check to Specs Ninja and Heatran. My Cresselia is standard and Magearna runs Flash Cannon / Electrium-Z to deal with Clefable and Toxapex a bit better.

While testing on the ladder I reached mid 1700s without much effort, so I can definitely attest to the team's effectiveness. It's also 100% mindless so you can just sit back and enjoy the simple pleasure of OHKOing stuff. Hope you all like it!

Mega Diancie + Heatran

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Mega Diancie certainly isn't one of the strongest Megas in the OU tier. It lacks the utility of an item that other special wallbreakers have with a choice scarf, due to being relegated to holding a mega stone. In addition, it's HP is lackluster at best and it has a 4X weakness to Steel, in addition to a 2X weakness to Ground; two types that are very common in the current metagame.

In order to best support Diancie, I decided to pair it up with Heatran. Heatran is easily one of the best Fire-Types in the tier and serves to ward off pokemon like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Magearna. It can also threaten pokemon like Magnezone and Kartana, although Heatran doesn't really want to switch into the former, and doesn't really like to stay in against the latter at the risk of taking a Sacred Sword.

With the team's core out of the way, my next task was deciding how to support it. The most noticeable weakness was the aforementioned Ground-Type and Ground-Type Coverage. Since this was the case, I added Zapdos to the team. Not only does Zapdos serve as the team's defogger and ground immunity, but it also threatens Water-Types that pressure Tran and Diancie and roosts off their damage.

For the remaining three spots on the team, I chose Toxapex, Bulu, and Kartana. I chose Bulu for the additional ground-resist, and grassy terrain helps give pokemon like Heatran and Diancie extra recovery. Kartana also benefits from the grassy terrain, having its Grass-STAB powered up. The last pokemon, Toxapex, is to help with checking Greninja as well as other Fire-Types in the meta.

Team A by MFJK

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 132 SpD / 248 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

This is a squad I built a while ago on which I just made some minor tweaks very recently. I started with M-Diancie, and then I added a set that has seen some usage in recent tournaments, which is NP Psychium Z Hoopa-U. Protect Diancie is a very nice mon to lead with, because it can prevent hazards t1 and helps scout stuff. Hoopa-U is a very nice partner to it, helping a lot against balance and fat teams in general. With Nasty Plot and Psychium Z, this pokemon can beat Clefable, Toxapex, and even hit Steel-types like M-Scizor, Celesteela and Magearna after a boost. After choosing these two, I started working on the supportive core, and the first thing I knew I needed was a pivot that could help me to bring in my wallbreakers more easily and Tornadus-T fitted naturally here. It not only provides me a pivot, but also an additional form of hazards control, as well as a check to Grass- types such as Kartana, Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. Tangrowth and Heatran were the next two additions, which completed my supportive core with Water, Fire, Electric, Ground, Steel and Psychic resists, and a stealth rocker in the form of Heatran. The Heatran spread is something I saw on an ABR team. It outspeeds SG Magearna while still having good odds of taking an Earth Power from opposing Heatran. I also originally had Sludge Bomb on Tang but I put Earthquake instead in order to improve my matchup vs. the aforementioned Magearna, as well as Heatran (it is dead-weight vs. them otherwise). My last addition to the team is Scarf Greninja, and although it is quite an awkward choice in the current meta, I do believe it fits well since it provides much-needed speed control as well as Spikes Support. I feel I really needed it not to get obliterated by Zam and it also checks opposing Grens relatively well. Hope you like the team!

Team B by Egor

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Toxic
I started to build this team around M-Dia+Volc core. Volc threatens Steels like M-Sciz and Kart for M-Dia, and M-Dia in return provides some hazard control and can break Heatran for Volc with EPower, allowing Volc to sweep. It's also my rocker. I chose bulky Volc because of consistensy in checking Steels for M-Dia and others. I need a way to break Pex and Chansey, two big roadblocks for my primary wincon, Volc. I chose Zyg as my third mon. It breaks Pex and pressures Chansey. It's also my main Heatran switch-in. I feel like I need to put more pressure on Chansey, and team needs some bulk. I added Bulu. It pressures Chansey, gives my team a lot of special bulk and also beats with SD-boosted Superpower many Steels bar M-Sciz. Bulu is also my primary Ash-Gren switch-in. Grassy Terrain is great for my team, weakening EQ for M-Dia and slightly increasing longevity of my team with passive recovery. Since I use Volc, I need more than one way to remove hazards. Defog Scarf Kart is the first way, and SpDef Drill is the second way. Kart and Bulu create a Grass spam core, heavily pressuring many bulky builds. Kart is also my form of Speed control, revenge killer, and an alternative wincon thanks to Scarf and Beast Boost. Drill gives my team more special bulk, eases my Bulu matchup with Iron Head and, alongside Bulu, slightly improves my matchup vs Psyspam, forcing a mind games with either Lele or M-Zam. Drill also appreciates Bulu's Grassy Terrain halving the power of super effective EQ, but there's also a downside, Drill's own EQ'll also be weakened. It's not critical, though, as my main Ground attacker is Zyg, not Drill, and its TArrows is unaffected by Grassy Terrain.

Team C by Sawyer.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Crabominable @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone
- Substitute

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Mega Diancie is trash yo. Luckily it learns Trick Room so it can support some real Pokemon like Crabominable and Crawdaunt. The special EV spread I cooked up allows Diancie to tank Scarf Lando EQ and Specs Gren Hydro in its base form, Trick Room up and get Rocks, while 116 Spe lets it check Hoopa, set Trick Room on Heatran and do other useful things in the midgame.

Crabominable is the perfect partner for Diancie, coming in on Lando and firing off Ice Hammers to his heart's content. Physical Ice types are very strong in this meta and most balance teams get shredded by Crab alone. Marowak handles Steel types, while Crawdaunt provides a much needed check to Specs Ninja and Heatran. My Cresselia is standard and Magearna runs Flash Cannon / Electrium-Z to deal with Clefable and Toxapex a bit better.

While testing on the ladder I reached mid 1700s without much effort, so I can definitely attest to the team's effectiveness. It's also 100% mindless so you can just sit back and enjoy the simple pleasure of OHKOing stuff. Hope you all like it!

Team D by Wugus

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Mega Diancie certainly isn't one of the strongest Megas in the OU tier. It lacks the utility of an item that other special wallbreakers have with a choice scarf, due to being relegated to holding a mega stone. In addition, it's HP is lackluster at best and it has a 4X weakness to Steel, in addition to a 2X weakness to Ground; two types that are very common in the current metagame.

In order to best support Diancie, I decided to pair it up with Heatran. Heatran is easily one of the best Fire-Types in the tier and serves to ward off pokemon like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Magearna. It can also threaten pokemon like Magnezone and Kartana, although Heatran doesn't really want to switch into the former, and doesn't really like to stay in against the latter at the risk of taking a Sacred Sword.

With the team's core out of the way, my next task was deciding how to support it. The most noticeable weakness was the aforementioned Ground-Type and Ground-Type Coverage. Since this was the case, I added Zapdos to the team. Not only does Zapdos serve as the team's defogger and ground immunity, but it also threatens Water-Types that pressure Tran and Diancie and roosts off their damage.

For the remaining three spots on the team, I chose Toxapex, Bulu, and Kartana. I chose Bulu for the additional ground-resist, and grassy terrain helps give pokemon like Heatran and Diancie extra recovery. Kartana also benefits from the grassy terrain, having its Grass-STAB powered up. The last pokemon, Toxapex, is to help with checking Greninja as well as other Fire-Types in the meta.

A ||||
B |||
C
D |
MFJK wins with team a. congratulations!

:Round 40:
Volcarona

With defensive sets becoming a thing compressing a win condition and a check to numerous threatening offensive foes, and offensive sets taking advantage of a metagame that really dislikes revenge ko’ing Volcarona, it can be a massive threat on both the offensive and defensive sides of the spectrum. However, Volcarona is notorious for being tough to build around, can you pull it off?​

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
By chance, my team from previous round features this round's mon, Volc, so I just resubmit this team with some minor changes.

M-Dia+Volc BO

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Toxic
I started to build this team around M-Dia+Volc core. Volc threatens Steels like M-Sciz and Kart for M-Dia, and M-Dia in return provides some hazard control and can break Heatran for Volc with EPower, allowing Volc to sweep. Protect makes M-Dia great anti-lead. I chose bulky Volc because of consistensy in checking Steels for M-Dia and others. I need a way to break Pex and Chansey, two big roadblocks for my primary wincon, Volc. I chose Zyg as my third mon. It breaks Pex and pressures Chansey. It's also my main Heatran switch-in. I feel like I need to put more pressure on Chansey, and team needs some bulk. I added Bulu. It pressures Chansey, gives my team a lot of special bulk and also beats with SD-boosted Superpower many Steels bar M-Sciz. Bulu is also my primary Ash-Gren switch-in. Grassy Terrain is great for my team, weakening EQ for M-Dia and slightly increasing longevity of my team with passive recovery. Since I use Volc, I need more than one way to remove hazards. Defog Scarf Kart is the first way, and SpDef Drill is the second way. Kart and Bulu create a Grass spam core, heavily pressuring many bulky builds. Kart is also my form of Speed control, revenge killer, and an alternative wincon thanks to Scarf and Beast Boost. Drill gives my team more special bulk, eases my Bulu matchup with Iron Head and, alongside Bulu, slightly improves my matchup vs Psyspam, forcing a mind games with either Lele or M-Zam. Drill also appreciates Bulu's Grassy Terrain halving the power of super effective EQ. Since I still lack of rocker, Drill gets it. I chose Iron Head > EQ, as it improves my Bulu matchup, which Stone Edge variants, although rare, can beat all my team. Iron Head also doesn't get weakened by Grassy Terrain.

Cold Heat

https://pokepast.es/b07d0b39f661a7a1

Volcarona is often pressed for moveslots. You need Bug Buzz for T-tar and the Lati twins. You need Psychic for Pex. You need HP Ground for Tran. What better way to fit more coverage options than to drop Fire Blast? Now, I know what you're thinking, "doesn't that leave you walled by every Steel type?" You would be right, and that's where Alolan Golem comes in. Alolan Golem traps the Steel types that wall Volcarona, including Heatran, which allows Volc to run HP Ice for Lando. Eject Button Torn is there for clearing hazards and switching into Steel types to pivot into Golem. HP Fire Tang is there as an answer for Ash Gren and Kartana. Clefable is my rocker, and was originally Mega Diancie before I got destroyed by a Hawlucha. Zygarde is a second answer to Heatran and is just a generally good Pokemon.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
637.png788.png465.png641-s.png428-m.png530.png - Import

I built this team around Buginium Z Volcarona and Whirlpool Tapu Fini, who traps Toxapex, Chansey, and other annoying pokemon. I opted for Surf on Fini because Heatran is a pain. Tangrowth checks Zygarde, M-Zam, Gren etc. Tornadus is the Bulu + Kart answer and also the defogger, metronome is a cool item to help pressure the likes of Toxapex and Clefable, Heat Wave is useful to hit M-Mawile, M-Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory on stall. M-Lopunny is pretty good vs hyper offense and provides some level of speed control + priority. It also has Healing Wish to support Volcarona further. Excadrill is a bulky steel + a ground + rocker + secondary removal in one slot which is amazing on this team.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 22 Spe
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Heat Wave / Rain Dance
- Defog
- Roost

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Toxic
Hi there I don't feel like writing an essay right now so I'm building Pokemon teams to procrastinate. Seeing as BW is once again a focus in the tour scene with Stour currently running, I figured that using Volcarona on rain would be a cool homage to how it is occasionally used on rain in BW OU. The basic premise of the team is to hazard stack with ferro+pert, break with kingdra+pert, and set up for a late-game sweep with Volcarona. This team's pretty consistent against most types of offense and balance if you play competently because Volcarona just blows past a lot of these teams with heatran weakened/killed on top of the added pressures from the water types. Ash Greninja would honestly probably be a bit better over Kingdra, but I like the extra speed control against DD Zygarde for certain situations. This variant of the team autoloses to stall because I wanted to use BW sprites and Greninja isn't in that index, but if you wanna make it better vs stall you should change it to Specs Spikes Ash Gren>Kingdra and Taunt+Knock Torn>Zap and be able to pressure stall enough to end up winning in basically every matchup since torn kinda wins those matchups on its own with smart control of the hazard game.

Last edited:

Here's my Volc team, I started with BulkyVolc as there are a lot of Mawile that are rly annoying to deal with & it check plenty of others mons if needed, next I added Gastrodon as a way to deal with Ash-Greninja which is a big threat to Volcarona due to Water Shuriken, and Gastrodon works really well here as a blanket special check, plus it let the opportunity to Volcarona to come in against opposing Grass-type that likes to threaten Gastrodon, next adding a Hazard Remover was a necessity, and I wanted something that could help me to alleviate Volcarona's job as it already is really important to deal with Mawile, I wanted another grass type answer and something that could add some kind of speed control, so naturally Tornadus-therian was immediatly my choice, next I noticed that I had troubles dealing with defensive core, especially those featuring the Pex, I also wanted a back up answer to Heatran as a potential Grassium Z Toxic could just defeat every member of the team at this point, thats how Gliscor came here, Ice Fang is very important here as Zygarde is a big threat to the team at this point. Ferrothorn came next as Volcarona needs rocks up to do its job, I choose Ferrothorn because I know that i'll be forced to Defog at one point so I needed something that could SR multiple time, and with Volcarona attracting Water-Type, Ferrothorn has plenty of opportunity to set them up, plus Knock Off Ferrothorn is probably the easiest way to remove Heatran's leftovers which allows Volcarona to win the 1v1 if it doesn't have Toxic. Last but not least here's Diancie-Mega, I've wanted to use it in SM for so long, its a really potent Mega paired with Volcarona as with Magic Bounce you continuously pressure the opponent's rocker even without being on the field, I choose this set as a way to deal with Landorus-Therian as Protect let you scout the Scarf, HP Ice was initially here as an emergency button against Gliscor as it is a huge threat to the team, but it ended up being really useful as you have the opportunity to remove a non-scarfed Landorus really early as people tends to lead with it really often, and a Landorus dead is always sweet for a Volcarona team especially mine as it has multiple occasion to setup its rocks. overall its a really fun team that rely on Tornadus-Therian and Ferrothorn's Knock Off to create hole with Diancie/Gliscor to allow Volcarona to clean up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)