Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team E (yes, team E again...) by RequinBleu is the winner, congratulations!
:Round 22:
Volcarona

Volcarona is in my opinion one of the tougher Pokémon to build a succesful team around, so this week I wanna challnge you guys! Deadline is Tuesday, January 9th, 7PM BRST (GMT -2).​

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 68 Def / 64 SpA / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Volcarona and Rotom-W together are a very threatening core thanks to Rotom-W's new found access to Defog, it's also capable of threatening answers to Volcarona like Heatran. I decided to add Tapu Bulu as this core can easily get overwhelmed by Pokemon such as Tapu Lele, Zygarde, and Tapu Koko, which Tapu Bulu can check. I needed a Stealth Rock setter that could pressure Defog users, Mega Tyranitar can do just that and can also pressure Latios and Latias, which may often be used as Volcarona answers. I need a breaker that was capable of threatening Toxapex and Heatran, thus I decided to use Zygarde. Lastly I need a Pokemon that could pressure Offense, thus I chose to use Tapu Lele, this also pressures Toxapex and can power up Volcarona's Psychic's, ultimately leading to Toxapex getting overwhelmed.​

Volcarona Rain

Playing Volcarona in rain seems like a terrible, meme idea, however it actually works quite nicely, once you get over the fact that Fire Blast only does half damage under the weather. Volcarona can pressure most rain counters such as Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and Gastrodon due to it's typing and offensive movepool. In return, rain provides answers to Heatran and Tyranitar, two of the most annoying answers to Volcarona. Since the competition is around Volcarona, it's the Pokémon I started off with. Since the team is a rain team, I needed a rain setter. I chose Pelipper, because it's by far the best one available. Next, I wanted more ways to abuse the rain, so I added the two main OU rain abusers Mega-Swampert and Kingdra. Then I added Ferrothorn, who provides a switch-in to opposing water types and provides hazard support. Finally, I added Tornadus-T. It provides additional Defog support, speed control outside of rain, and makes a semi-Flyspam core alongside Volcarona and Pelipper. U-turn can be used over Defog on either Pellipper or Tornadus, however this team is very weak to Stealth Rock, so I prefer the additional reassurance. This team looks very similar to the standard NJNP rain, however that's mostly because there's very little variation between most rain teams.

Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Defog
- Heat Wave
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
-- click for importable

Figured I would take a bit different approach with this team and try to integrate another uncommon Pokemon currently, in Excadrill, alongside Volcarona as they have historically worked pretty decently in conjunction with each other on bulky-offensive Sand teams. To keep it brief, Volcarona is probably the most consistent set right now -- you can argue HP Ground > Bug Buzz is better and honestly that is probably viable on this team, but with EQ Mega-Latios, I figured it would be nice to hit opposing Tyranitar and still hit opposing Latios in case our Tyranitar fails to trap them. Anyway, Mega Latios is the main lure/offensive support here, hopefully being able to rid the opponent of Heatran and at least weaken Tyranitar so +1 non-Z Bug Buzz can get rid of it later on. It also is nice because it can 1v1 Tapu Bulu in the long run, which is annoying as outside of Volcarona itself the team is a bit annoyed by the ever-so-common AV variant otherwise. Excadrill is paired with Tyranitar and takes the place of a Choice Scarf user essentially, providing hazard removal that is necessary for Volcarona and a nice anti-offensive presence. Sadly, it makes this team a bit less reliable than I would like as it is not entirely effective outside of Sand and still can get walled by Pokemon such as Celesteela fairly easily. With that said, CB Tyranitar and, especially, Volcarona compliment it quite well, which probably makes the overall concept behind the team at least a viable one, if not outright effective and consistent. I am yet to test it out a ton, to be honest, but the rest is pretty straightforward -- the aforementioned CB Tyranitar to provide Sand, trap Latis, and simply do a fuckton of damage earlier on, standard Toxapex with Knock Off to check a majority of Pokemon in the tier and cripple foes by ridding them of their item, and bulky SR Landorus-T with Leftovers to preserve health vs Pokemon such as Zygarde is the last -- you can use Protect > U-turn if you do not value the momentum a ton and want even more longevity, either works. This team is a decent balanced/bulky-offense that utilized Z-Psychic QD Volcarona on a Sand team with Excadrill as a revenge killer, hazard remover, and secondary win condition!

Tokyo Sonata

formerly Toanyone
Volcarona ft Altaria

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Taking advantage of this time that leaves Volcarona I think it is a good idea to adapt it in an offensive team with speed control and support with Healing Wish that is a mon that appreciates it and can be important. Take Psychium z for Toxapex mainly since it can be a nuisance although there are more exits. I like the core with my mega Altaria this time. Physical offensive with EQ for Tran that goes well in overturning and once it was everything is easier. Jirachi support with SR + HW if necessary since it is like a wild card a plan b. LandScarf with Defog with interesting spam uturn + pressure. CB ttar to catch everything that is Latios / as counting their megas. AV Bulu with his terrain in the field helps my weak mons much to spam ground. Nature madness seems to me a very good option to be able to later finish better. In addition to fitting the special side well.

Thx wyattdev

Volcarona ft Altaria

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Altaria @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Taking advantage of this time that leaves Volcarona I think it is a good idea to adapt it in an offensive team with speed control and support with Healing Wish that is a mon that appreciates it and can be important. Take Psychium z for Toxapex mainly since it can be a nuisance although there are more exits. I like the core with my mega Altaria this time. Physical offensive with EQ for Tran that goes well in overturning and once it was everything is easier. Jirachi support with SR + HW if necessary since it is like a wild card a plan b. LandScarf with Defog with interesting spam uturn + pressure. CB ttar to catch everything that is Latios / as counting their megas. AV Bulu with his terrain in the field helps my weak mons much to spam ground. Nature madness seems to me a very good option to be able to later finish better. In addition to fitting the special side well.
You put 2 altaria sprites Toanyone

-- click for importable

Figured I would take a bit different approach with this team and try to integrate another uncommon Pokemon currently, in Excadrill, alongside Volcarona as they have historically worked pretty decently in conjunction with each other on bulky-offensive Sand teams. To keep it brief, Volcarona is probably the most consistent set right now -- you can argue HP Ground > Bug Buzz is better and honestly that is probably viable on this team, but with EQ Mega-Latios, I figured it would be nice to hit opposing Tyranitar and still hit opposing Latios in case our Tyranitar fails to trap them. Anyway, Mega Latios is the main lure/offensive support here, hopefully being able to rid the opponent of Heatran and at least weaken Tyranitar so +1 non-Z Bug Buzz can get rid of it later on. It also is nice because it can 1v1 Tapu Bulu in the long run, which is annoying as outside of Volcarona itself the team is a bit annoyed by the ever-so-common AV variant otherwise. Excadrill is paired with Tyranitar and takes the place of a Choice Scarf user essentially, providing hazard removal that is necessary for Volcarona and a nice anti-offensive presence. Sadly, it makes this team a bit less reliable than I would like as it is not entirely effective outside of Sand and still can get walled by Pokemon such as Celesteela fairly easily. With that said, CB Tyranitar and, especially, Volcarona compliment it quite well, which probably makes the overall concept behind the team at least a viable one, if not outright effective and consistent. I am yet to test it out a ton, to be honest, but the rest is pretty straightforward -- the aforementioned CB Tyranitar to provide Sand, trap Latis, and simply do a fuckton of damage earlier on, standard Toxapex with Knock Off to check a majority of Pokemon in the tier and cripple foes by ridding them of their item, and bulky SR Landorus-T with Leftovers to preserve health vs Pokemon such as Zygarde is the last -- you can use Protect > U-turn if you do not value the momentum a ton and want even more longevity, either works. This team is a decent balanced/bulky-offense that utilized Z-Psychic QD Volcarona on a Sand team with Excadrill as a revenge killer, hazard remover, and secondary win condition!
Tyranitar has a serious nature in paste btw. Cool team tho :]

This is a balance that allows volc for a clean sweep. Mega tar can easily remove most common defoggers such as zapdos, mantine, and lati@s. This mega tar also allows for rocks paired with spikes on ferro for a better sweep of volc. Volc's set is supposed to counter the most common threats for it, heatran and toxapex. Mantine and zapdos allow for perfect walls against char-y, pinsir, kartana, and hawlucha. Ferrothorn is a pivot for koko and scouting for leles. Tapu lele provides a solid revenge killer along with preventing any priority hits when volc is trying to set up on anything if needed to. With volcs spread, it can easily sweep through most balance and hyper offence teams with hazards up.

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

EVs: 240 HP / 84 Atk / 64 SpA / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

[/spoilers]

Volcarona @ Metronome
EVs: 232 HP / 120 Def / 16 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge
- Defog
- Roost

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With this team, I wanted to use Volcarona as a late game cleaner but in an unusual way, so I chose the metronome set. Basically the mentality is that at team preview, one would decide what they need off the board in order for Volcarona to set up and sweep with theoretically a single move. Fast zapdos catches a lot of landos off guard for some reason, provides defog, and any paralysis that may come from static or discharge makes it even easier for volc to sweep. Mega venusaur helps beat Bulky waters one my need to get out of the way as well as beating common fairy types. Specs greninja provides nice spikes support and helps get rid of ground/rock types that need removal. This landorus-T set helps in quite a few different ways. Smack down on a switch can cripple most flying types forcing them to switch again. Keeping stealth rocks on the mon leads many to believe that Volc is the Z-move user which can lead to very effective flyinium-Zs later in the game. Finally magearna is a nice pivot that is able to take hits on the special side.

I'm really really sorry you guys. Had tons of irl issues this week and the one before, lets carry the project on though.
So basically I had to travel all the way to São Paulo last week to take a huge test that might hopefully get me into an university there, but the test happened in three consecutive days so I was exhausted. To top things off, I ended up missing my flight on my way back and spent an entire da on the airport trying to figure things out. Ths week though, I went to a smaller city in my state that pretty much everyone goes to in the summer, but overall the internet here is super shaky, so more often than not I didn't have internet.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that Jord-e will help me by co-hosting this project :)
  • Team A by Jord-e

• Volcarona @ Buginium Z
      Timid Nature
      - Quiver Dance
      - Fire Blast
      - Bug Buzz
      - Psychic

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
      EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
      Bold Nature
      - Hydro Pump
      - Volt Switch
      - Will-O-Wisp
      - Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
      Adamant Nature
      - Horn Leech
      - Wood Hammer
      - Superpower
      - Nature's Madness

EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 68 Def / 64 SpA / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
      Sassy Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Pursuit
      - Ice Beam
      - Earthquake

Zygarde @ Choice Band
      Ability: Aura Break
      EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
      Adamant Nature
      - Thousand Arrows
      - Extreme Speed
      - Outrage
      - Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
      Timid Nature
      - Psychic
      - Moonblast
      - Hidden Power [Fire]
      - Focus Blast
      Volcarona and Rotom-W together are a very threatening core thanks to Rotom-W's new found access to Defog, it's also capable of threatening answers to Volcarona like Heatran. I decided to add Tapu Bulu as this core can easily get overwhelmed by Pokemon such as Tapu Lele, Zygarde, and Tapu Koko, which Tapu Bulu can check. I needed a Stealth Rock setter that could pressure Defog users, Mega Tyranitar can do just that and can also pressure Latios and Latias, which may often be used as Volcarona answers. I need a breaker that was capable of threatening Toxapex and Heatran, thus I decided to use Zygarde. Lastly I need a Pokemon that could pressure Offense, thus I chose to use Tapu Lele, this also pressures Toxapex and can power up Volcarona's Psychic's, ultimately leading to Toxapex getting overwhelmed.
      \
  • Team B by pooyou123456789q

• Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
      Timid Nature
      - Fire Blast
      - Quiver Dance
      - Hurricane
      - Giga Drain

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
      Ability: Drizzle
      EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
      Bold Nature
      - Hurricane
      - Roost
      - Defog
      - Scald

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
      Ability: Damp
      Adamant Nature
      - Waterfall
      - Earthquake
      - Stealth Rock
      - Ice Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
      EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
      Sassy Nature
      IVs: 0 Spe
      - Power Whip
      - Spikes
      - Knock Off
      - Gyro Ball

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
      Hasty Nature
      - Hurricane
      - Superpower
      - Defog
      - Heat Wave

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
      Ability: Swift Swim
      Modest Nature
      - Hydro Pump
      - Surf
      - Ice Beam
      - Draco Meteor
      Playing Volcarona in rain seems like a terrible, meme idea, however it actually works quite nicely, once you get over the fact that Fire Blast only does half damage under the weather. Volcarona can pressure most rain counters such as Ferrothorn, Tapu Bulu, and Gastrodon due to it's typing and offensive movepool. In return, rain provides answers to Heatran and Tyranitar, two of the most annoying answers to Volcarona. Since the competition is around Volcarona, it's the Pokémon I started off with. Since the team is a rain team, I needed a rain setter. I chose Pelipper, because it's by far the best one available. Next, I wanted more ways to abuse the rain, so I added the two main OU rain abusers Mega-Swampert and Kingdra. Then I added Ferrothorn, who provides a switch-in to opposing water types and provides hazard support. Finally, I added Tornadus-T. It provides additional Defog support, speed control outside of rain, and makes a semi-Flyspam core alongside Volcarona and Pelipper. U-turn can be used over Defog on either Pellipper or Tornadus, however this team is very weak to Stealth Rock, so I prefer the additional reassurance. This team looks very similar to the standard NJNP rain, however that's mostly because there's very little variation between most rain teams.
  • Team C by Finchinator

• Volcarona @ Psychium Z
      Timid Nature
      - Quiver Dance
      - Psychic
      - Bug Buzz
      - Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
      Serious Nature
      - Crunch
      - Stone Edge
      - Ice Punch
      - Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
      EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 24 SpA / 8 SpD / 52 Spe
      Impish Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Earthquake
      - Hidden Power [Ice]
      - U-turn

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
      Hasty Nature
      - Draco Meteor
      - Psychic
      - Earthquake
      - Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
      EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
      Careful Nature
      - Knock Off
      - Toxic
      - Recover
      - Haze

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
      Ability: Sand Rush
      Adamant Nature
      - Swords Dance
      - Earthquake
      - Iron Head
      - Rapid Spin
  • Team D by Toanyone

• Volcarona @ Psychium Z
      Timid Nature
      - Quiver Dance
      - Fire Blast
      - Bug Buzz
      - Psychic

Altaria @ Altarianite
      Jolly Nature
      - Dragon Dance
      - Return
      - Earthquake
      - Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
      Careful Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Iron Head
      - U-turn
      - Healing Wish

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
      Adamant Nature
      - Stone Edge
      - Crunch
      - Pursuit
      - Earthquake

Jolly Nature
      - Earthquake
      - U-turn
      - Hidden Power Ice
      - Defog

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
      Adamant Nature
      - Horn Leech
      - Wood Hammer
      - Superpower
      - Nature's Madness
  • Team E by TastedSumo

• Volcarona @ Psychium Z
      Timid Nature
      - Quiver Dance
      - Fiery Dance
      - Psychic
      - Hidden Power [Ground]

EVs: 240 HP / 84 Atk / 64 SpA / 120 SpD
      Sassy Nature
      - Stealth Rock
      - Pursuit
      - Stone Edge
      - Ice Beam

Mantine @ Leftovers
      Ability: Water Absorb
      EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 SpD
      Bold Nature
      - Scald
      - Toxic
      - Roost
      - Defog

Zapdos @ Leftovers
      EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
      Bold Nature
      - Defog
      - Roost
      - Discharge
      - Heat Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
      EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
      Careful Nature
      - Leech Seed
      - Knock Off
      - Spikes
      - Power Whip

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
      Timid Nature
      - Psychic
      - Moonblast
      - Psyshock
      - Focus Blast
      This is a balance that allows volc for a clean sweep. Mega tar can easily remove most common defoggers such as zapdos, mantine, and lati@s. This mega tar also allows for rocks paired with spikes on ferro for a better sweep of volc. Volc's set is supposed to counter the most common threats for it, heatran and toxapex. Mantine and zapdos allow for perfect walls against char-y, pinsir, kartana, and hawlucha. Ferrothorn is a pivot for koko and scouting for leles. Tapu lele provides a solid revenge killer along with preventing any priority hits when volc is trying to set up on anything if needed to. With volcs spread, it can easily sweep through most balance and hyper offence teams with hazards up.
  • Team F by CriticalMeme

• Volcarona @ Metronome
      EVs: 232 HP / 120 Def / 16 SpA / 140 Spe
      Modest Nature
      - Fiery Dance
      - Giga Drain
      - Hidden Power [Ground]
      - Quiver Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
      EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
      Timid Nature
      - Hidden Power [Ice]
      - Discharge
      - Defog
      - Roost

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
      Ability: Overgrow
      EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
      Bold Nature
      - Hidden Power [Ice]
      - Giga Drain
      - Sludge Bomb
      - Synthesis

Greninja @ Choice Specs
      Ability: Battle Bond
      Timid Nature
      - Hydro Pump
      - Water Shuriken
      - Dark Pulse
      - Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
      Jolly Nature
      - Earthquake
      - Fly
      - Smack Down
      - Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Assault Vest
      Ability: Soul-Heart
      EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 SpD
      Calm Nature
      - Volt Switch
      - Fleur Cannon
      - Flash Cannon
      - Hidden Power [Fire]
      With this team, I wanted to use Volcarona as a late game cleaner but in an unusual way, so I chose the metronome set. Basically the mentality is that at team preview, one would decide what they need off the board in order for Volcarona to set up and sweep with theoretically a single move. Fast zapdos catches a lot of landos off guard for some reason, provides defog, and any paralysis that may come from static or discharge makes it even easier for volc to sweep. Mega venusaur helps beat Bulky waters one my need to get out of the way as well as beating common fairy types. Specs greninja provides nice spikes support and helps get rid of ground/rock types that need removal. This landorus-T set helps in quite a few different ways. Smack down on a switch can cripple most flying types forcing them to switch again. Keeping stealth rocks on the mon leads many to believe that Volc is the Z-move user which can lead to very effective flyinium-Zs later in the game. Finally magearna is a nice pivot that is able to take hits on the special side.

Team A. Finchs Team is solid too but I think it tends to be a little bit celesteela weak , especially when not played optimally. furthermore im not too big of a fan of excadrill right now , albeit I see potential for zmove variants and perhabs scarf variants in tandem with the right support pokemon but I briefly see the reasoning for it beeing chosen. by the way it seems like there is an error in the importable , due to tyranitar having a serious nature. Additionally it is a bit hawlucha weak and prone to some rarer threats such as bisharp in my eyes and reliant on exca to revenge many threats like exca but dont get me wrong it is a very good team with the right knowledge and played correctly. regarding jord-e`s team , it has some interesting sets which I where partly doubtfull about but after giving it a try , they came in pretty clutch. despite it obviously having some weaknesses too , with one huge one beeing kartana in the terrain which primirly gets delt with volc and it can end up very bad if you only will rely on a pokemon potentially taking half of its health from rocks and mega mawile aswell as under certain circumstances mega diancie, mega lopunny , I really advocated the usage of volc + rotom despite it beeing a rather basic core it works out quite well because rotom-w not only gives it manditory momentum but comes in on its nuisances like pelipper and more offensively pinsir for instance. the rest of the team complements the volcarona sweep rather well aswell with pokemon which are mostly all chipping tran ( which annoys the chosen set and thus revealing its aimed goal of handling and in the best case getting rid of the disturbances in order to sweep with the wanted pokemon ) , espcially ttar which can after choice either lure / catch tran with earthquake or pursuit it on the switch out.

Gotta vote Team A here. I'm a big Volcarona fan so I definitely had to check out this round's submissions and gave them all a go, and with Jord-e's team I usually felt quite comfortable and generally didn't find myself thinking "damn I wish I had __" and stuff along those lines. Of course, Lele with Focus Blast always makes me get nervous because I hate using that move, but I mean, it is what it is lol. Solid build. ^-^

Now that I'm co-hosting i get to do this :o
Team A by Jord-e is the winner, congratulations. (help)

:Round 23:
Stallbreaker Gliscor

Stallbreaker Gliscor is a cool set that I've been seeing more and more lately, it's a very good and underused set that has a good match up against anything decently fat.
Deadline will be due Thursday the 26th 7 PM BRST (GMT -2).

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Okay so something that I thought could sometimes have trouble with stall is electric spam, and hawlucha is good in the meta so I decided why not use it. The stall breaker gliscor is there, its the set, we know what it does. The terrain extender tapu koko does a lot for the team. 7 turns of electric terrain means that the opponent needs to have a form of terrain control themselve to change it basically. Its very easy to ensure the terrain remains up the whole game meaning powerful thunderbolts from magnezone and opportunities for hawlucha practically the entire game. Also as a bonus nothing will be put to sleep. After playing around with scarf magnezone, I settled on Steelium-Z Magnezone as a lure for ground type. Opposing landos and gliscors will not know what hit them. I have found that the steels I need to trap, namely skarmory, celesteela, and scizor, tend to not outspeed magnezone anyways. Hawlucha, obviously a late game sweeper, very powerful in this meta. Mega Venusaur is there to aid versus ground types and grenninja variants that can give this team a problem. Earthquake is there to hit opposing electric types who can sometime pose a bit of a problem. It also takes care of incoming Heatran. Finally Empoleon. Yes this is here in part because of role compression, but shuca berry empoleon can actually do a lot. Rocks and removal are invaluable, and scald + toxic can where down opposing lando.

Extending by 1 week. (will edit later to submit my own team)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Gliscor is a cool stallbreaker that is quite effective at its job, it fits very well with multiple Pokemon, including Mega Scizor. Mega Scizor and Gliscor synergize very well because Gliscor can combat Fire-types, Mega Scizor can take Gliscor's job as a Defogger because that is what Gliscor normally does. Mega Scizor can also take on Grass-types like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth which Gliscor tends to struggle vs. Then, I decided to add Tapu Koko and Hawlucha, the core is extremely gay and not a much can handle it. Together they improve my matchup against both balance and offense by a mile, which my other Pokemon tend to struggle against. Heatran is cool because it pressures a lot of Defoggers, all credit for this set goes to sedertz & ET3RN4M. Toxapex is doing here what it always does, it improves my mu vs Volcarona a ton and provides Toxic Spikes, which Gliscor appreciates a lot.​

Last edited:
Time's up!

Team A by Critical Meme

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Okay so something that I thought could sometimes have trouble with stall is electric spam, and hawlucha is good in the meta so I decided why not use it. The stall breaker gliscor is there, its the set, we know what it does. The terrain extender tapu koko does a lot for the team. 7 turns of electric terrain means that the opponent needs to have a form of terrain control themselve to change it basically. Its very easy to ensure the terrain remains up the whole game meaning powerful thunderbolts from magnezone and opportunities for hawlucha practically the entire game. Also as a bonus nothing will be put to sleep. After playing around with scarf magnezone, I settled on Steelium-Z Magnezone as a lure for ground type. Opposing landos and gliscors will not know what hit them. I have found that the steels I need to trap, namely skarmory, celesteela, and scizor, tend to not outspeed magnezone anyways. Hawlucha, obviously a late game sweeper, very powerful in this meta. Mega Venusaur is there to aid versus ground types and grenninja variants that can give this team a problem. Earthquake is there to hit opposing electric types who can sometime pose a bit of a problem. It also takes care of incoming Heatran. Finally Empoleon. Yes this is here in part because of role compression, but shuca berry empoleon can actually do a lot. Rocks and removal are invaluable, and scald + toxic can where down opposing lando.

Team B by Jordy

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Gliscor is a cool stallbreaker that is quite effective at its job, it fits very well with multiple Pokemon, including Mega Scizor. Mega Scizor and Gliscor synergize very well because Gliscor can combat Fire-types, Mega Scizor can take Gliscor's job as a Defogger because that is what Gliscor normally does. Mega Scizor can also take on Grass-types like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth which Gliscor tends to struggle vs. Then, I decided to add Tapu Koko and Hawlucha, the core is extremely gay and not a much can handle it. Together they improve my matchup against both balance and offense by a mile, which my other Pokemon tend to struggle against. Heatran is cool because it pressures a lot of Defoggers, all credit for this set goes to sedertz & ET3RN4M. Toxapex is doing here what it always does, it improves my mu vs Volcarona a ton and provides Toxic Spikes, which Gliscor appreciates a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)