Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition V2 - Round 19: Stakataka (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Team 2 by Ohmboy Tesla wins this round, congrats! I will try to get to updating the Hall of Fame right now given that I finally have enough time on my hands for the first time this semester, lol.

Round 11:

Wanted to feature Hawlucha this round because I realized that every single one of my teams lose to this mon, so I wanted to try it out for myself and have had some fun making different builds with it than the usual. While it may seem linear in teambuilding, there are a number of different directions you can go with supporting it with the number of different terrains available for it. You have until Sunday, October 8th to build, good luck!

Some new meta innovation, honestly was not expecting this to work but god damn, might just have to rmt this later.

Read explanation for possible set change preferences. Would like to see what other teams people could make with this set :o

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 172 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 124 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Latios @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Since the team was made reasonably fast, I might come back to it for improvements

Hawlucha
I wanted to use a something different, as I suspect most of the teams being submitted will be using the standard set or something similar. I thought a Bulk Up set could be fun as you can get the a Seed to raise your SpDef, making Hawlucha significantly more bulky. So I went to calcs and realised that with Roost, you can stall out Tapu Kokos terrain to then set up on it. So I added 172+ SpDef and 248 Hp to never be 2hkoed by magnet Kokos Tbolt in terrain on the Roost, 44 Speed for Scarf Greninja, and then the last, 44 Def, greatly improving the odds of living Z-Wild Charge on the Roost.

For the first time in forever, having Stealth Rock up on your side of the field is important as Hawlucha needs to be able to Roost to lose its flying typing and stall out Tapu Kokos Terrain. It can stall out Magnet Kokos terrain and Z-Wild Charge at +1 Bulk Up to set up on. With the SpDef boost and investment, both Fini, Clef and even Kingdra, if the rain is near to ending, all find them selves vulnerable to being set up on. Bulk Up allows with Hawluchas amazing speed allows you to set up on many physical threats as well, such as M.Swampert in rain, M.Scizor and Band TTar and many others. With all the stalling and slow recovery gains, it leaves you prone to hax however.

Tapu Lele
Tape Lele is important for the terrain for Hawlucha giving its SpDef boost. Psychic Terrain also helps check Bisharp and other threatening priority, though half of the team is still hit with the priority. Another positive is that most opposing Hawlucha use Electric Terrain for there Seed allowing you to set up first or deny them the boost. But Tapu Leles main role for the team is wallbreaking, breaking through most of the tier with its sheer force alone. The things designated to check Tape Lele are often Hawluchas set up fodder, giving Hawlucha ample opportunity to set up on the sac, providing an easier late game.

M.Scizor
3 Attacks Roost M.Scizor is probably one of my favourite sets right now, with ability to lure Heatran and potentially trap Lele and the Lati twins depending on which set you use. The set I decided to use was Superpower to smack both Heatran and Ferrothorn, freeing up Lele to break better, U-Turn providing the team with momentum, bringing Lele safley on threats such as LandoT. Lastly Bullet Punch is used as the teams priority, and a very nice way of weakening Tapu Koko, as 72+ Atk Bullet Punch always 2hkos Tapu Koko after Rocks. This is important for Hawlucha as Taunt can shut down its Roost stalling. 248 Hp and 124 SpDef make sure Specs Lele Psychic basically never 2hkoes when rock aren't on the field and Life Orb HP Fire from Koko never ohkoes after rocks. 64 Speed is used creep Magnezones creeping M.Scizors outpacing M.Mawile, so you can either escape or break with U-Turn, Superpower respectively.

Another option for M.Scizor is Pursuit. Pursuit can trap threats to the team such as Gengar and Tapu Lele, with the latter being a big threat to Hawluchas sweep, but also the Lati Twins, allowing Tspikes to potentially stay up. If Pursuit is being ran, either U-Turn or Superpower is to be replaced and a different ev spread of 248 HP / 96+ Atk / 100 SpD / 64 Spe is ran, with Pursuit on switch and 1 round of Rocks damage 2hkoing Lele. The rest of the spread is similar to the previous. Using this set is completely down to preference.

Latios
Like with most of my teams, Latios is my go to fire resist when using offensive M.Scizor being, being an offensive check to CharizardY, Heatran and many other of the tiers fire demons. Latios also provides great defog support for the team, as most members are prone to being stacked on. Z-Thunder is used to lure Celesteela improving Tapu Leles breaking capabilities or just as a general nuke vs something, as Dragon Stab has been forgone.

Landorus Therian Formation
LandoT provides Rocks, another pivot the Lele, and a blanket check to half the tier. Lando is also good at luring in other Landos to weaken with Hp Ice, which is useful for Hawlucha is the opposing LandoT is Z-Fly. Ground Stab is also appreciated for threatening M.Mawile, Magearna and many many others in the tier.

Nihilego
I realised that Tapu Koko carry Taunt often, shutting down my plan of stalling out terrain somewhat, so I decided to run a Tspike user as my last Pokemon, also re-enforicing other Roost stalling targets, allowing Hawlucha to beat Specs Tapu Koko. Tspikes are to wittle Koko down as fast as possible, putting it into range Hawlucha as fast as possible. Though this doesnt sort out the Taunt Tapu Koko problem fully, it does greatly improve it. I decided to go with Scarf Nihilego for the Tspikes, condensing Scarfer / Revenge Killer, Tspikes Setter and lastly a secondary wincon for the team. Not being pre-planned at all, Nihilego fitted surprisingly well into the team. With Tape Lele breaking down most of its checks in Steel types, and halting priority temporarily, which Nihilego is very susceptible to, and potentially a Pursuit M.Scizor trapping potential hazard removal in the Lati twins, allowing Tspikes to stay up.

Team Problems

Mew
Mew can stop Hawlucha as it can eat the hits and Wil'o'wisp, crippling Hawluchas potential sweep. However it is to note that if you can waste 7 or so Roosts from Mew, Hawlucha can eventually beat it by stalling it out of roosts, but Hawlucha is still cripples with Burn

Zapdos
Although Zapdos is doing no damage to Hawlucha, Zapdos can paralysis from Discharge spam roost off +6 Hawlucha slowly PP stalling you until defeat. If Zapdos is running Tbolt however, like mew, Zapdos can potentially stalled out of Roosts, though a lot more roosts will have to be wasted than Mews case.

Toxapex
Haze... regen makes it very hard to wear down too.
Calcs Key:
Hawlucha
M.Scizor Superpower U-Turn
M.Scizor Pursuit

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 150-177 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 100-118 (27.8 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 200-236 (55.7 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 313-370 (87.1 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 163-193 (45.4 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha: 109-129 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 37.5% chance to 3HKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha: 218-258 (60.7 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 187-222 (52 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 126-148 (35 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Roosting)

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 138-164 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 138-164 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

72+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 123-145 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 244-291 (70.9 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

72+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

72+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 260-306 (69.1 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 147-173 (42.7 - 50.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 46.9% chance to
2HKO (On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 212-250 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 232-274 (77 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 123-145 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO (On Switch)

43.7 + 43.7 + 12.5 = 99.9

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 149-176 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO

96+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Some replays, because I doubt many of you will believe the set works. The replays mentioning are the Hawlucha sweeps, the others show the team working. Didn't get chance to play much fat.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640328139
Pinsir BO - Beats Mew and sweeps despite burn

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640351566
Webs HO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640326628
Kyurem-B BO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640323904
ZardX BO - Sets up on Ferrothorn

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640309752
NJNP Rain - Last mon clutch sweep despite burn

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640307815
Kartana Rain - Sets up on Kingdra and Swampert

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640304733
Veil

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-640300504
LOKB Team - Winning a bad match up
Thanks for Reading:)

Last edited:

Eclipse

is a Contributor Alumnus

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Of the Lucha teams I had, I felt that this one was the least shit of them all so might as well show it off here. The first partner I paired with Lucha+Koko was Rockium Lando which is mainly for Zapdos but also helps Hawlucha in breaking down stall builds. Next up I threw Mega Venusaur to help against Mega Mawile, Ash-Greninja and the likes so that Magearna isn't as pressured to deal with them on its own. Next is AV Magearna with Iron Head to deal with opposing CM Magearnas while being able to cheese past other fat mons. Finally there's Scarf Latias with Trick to help bring back any mon for a second time if they get too weakened while providing Trick support for Lando/Lucha to take advantage of a Scarfed Chansey/Unaware Clef.
Edit: Also should mention, Lucha speed is for outspeeding +2 Volc while outspeeding all base 100s if Lucha doesn't get the terrain off/comes back in after using its seed.

Last edited:

. Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatrics

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha was given electric seed in order to get the unburden boost under electric terrain. Everything is standard except for thunder punch which is there to bop stuff like pelliper, Mantine,Celesteela, pex, etc.

As for Koko it is Z-wild charge in order to kill things like Chansey
Dazzling gleam is there to lure out Chansey on stall as a stall player will protect on gleam then switch to Chansey then it dies to z wild charge. U-turn brings in Hawlucha and other teammates while keeping momentum and hitting dark and psychics for chip.

Next I needed something bulky to help deal with Scizor and further pressure steels and bulky mons that's where heatran comes in magma storm(assuming it ever hits) will deal with Scizor and deal chip to other mons on the switch helping Hawlucha sweep later game toxic deals with other bulky mons, Earth power Destroys Magnezone and other heatran, and substitute is for the time when you can or need to magma toxic stall certain threats.

Ferrothorn is here to set Spikes and act as a bulky pivot. Gyro ball because Diancie, and power whip to dent Tapu Finish when it tries to taunt it and OHKO swampert as well as dent other mons that resist gyro. Leech seed passive recovery for it and teammates enough said.

Mantine helps with removing hazards, prevents Greninja from clicking Dark pulse and other moves to sweep the team, and acts as both a water immunity and a pivot to stop things like Zard Y and non psyshock Alakazam Mega and toxic said threats as well as scald burn switch ins and roost off damage.

Finally Landorus-T acts as the rock setter and zygarde check/counter. Lando also kills off Zard X before it gets out of hand and provides intimidate debuffs to help with reducing damage.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Hawlucha was the main focus of this team as ofc. that's what this week is all about, just the standard moveset, Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's STAB of choice because they hit very hard especially coming from a +2 Hawlucha, Stone Edge is used for coverage as my team can really struggle vs Zapdos. Tapu Koko activates Electric Terrain which Hawlucha can take advantage of, It has great synergy with Hawlucha because all Spex Koko checks get completely smashed by Hawlucha. Landorus-Therian offers rocks for my team as well as a powerfull nuke with Z-Stone Edge which Hawlucha greatly appreciates; having Skarmory/Celesteela removed from the game. Ferrothorn can setup Spikes for Hawlucha to net some KO's as well as spreading Leech Seeds, given EV spread lets it avoid a 2hko by Ash Greninja. Heatran gives me a much needed Fire immunity and an Ice Resist, can also beat very annoying mons with Magma Storm and Earth Power. Mega Latias was the mega off choice because it offers great utility for this team with BoltBeam and Defog.

btw Eclipse when will u update the Hall Of Fame?

Last edited:
ThiccTornadus Can I suggest running Twave > Knock Off on Ferro, making the team less susceptible to Volcarona. Ik Volcarona isnt the most common rn, however since many teams, such as yours, aren't prepping for it now, its actually a very fearsome sweeper still. Twave lets Hawlucha outpace it and revenge kill w/o the electric seed, which can easily be baited to waste, as Volc can get free set up on Ferro. Twave can also be nice for a small amount of other set up sweepers looking abuse Ferros passiveness against them.

Hope I helped :D

Some new meta innovation, honestly was not expecting this to work but god damn, might just have to rmt this later.

Read explanation for possible set change preferences. Would like to see what other teams people could make with this set :o

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Latios @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Since the team was made reasonably fast, I might come back to it for improvements

Hawlucha
I wanted to use a something different, as I suspect most of the teams being submitted will be using the standard set or something similar. I thought a Bulk Up set could be fun as you can get the a Seed to raise your SpDef, making Hawlucha significantly more bulky. So I went to calcs and realised that with Roost, you can stall out Tapu Kokos terrain to then set up on it. So I added 172+ SpDef and 248 Hp to never be 2hkoed by magnet Kokos Tbolt in terrain on the Roost, 44 Speed for Scarf Greninja, and then the last, 44 Def, greatly improving the odds of living Z-Wild Charge on the Roost.

For the first time in forever, having Stealth Rock up on your side of the field is important as Hawlucha needs to be able to Roost to lose its flying typing and stall out Tapu Kokos Terrain. It can stall out Magnet Kokos terrain and Z-Wild Charge at +1 Bulk Up to set up on. With the SpDef boost and investment, both Fini, Clef and even Kingdra, if the rain is near to ending, all find them selves vulnerable to being set up on. Bulk Up allows with Hawluchas amazing speed allows you to set up on many physical threats as well, such as M.Swampert in rain, M.Scizor and Band TTar and many others. With all the stalling and slow recovery gains, it leaves you prone to hax however.

Tapu Lele
Tape Lele is important for the terrain for Hawlucha giving its SpDef boost. Psychic Terrain also helps check Bisharp and other threatening priority, though half of the team is still hit with the priority. Another positive is that most opposing Hawlucha use Electric Terrain for there Seed allowing you to set up first or deny them the boost. But Tapu Leles main role for the team is wallbreaking, breaking through most of the tier with its sheer force alone. The things designated to check Tape Lele are often Hawluchas set up fodder, giving Hawlucha ample opportunity to set up on the sac, providing an easier late game.

M.Scizor
3 Attacks Roost M.Scizor is probably one of my favourite sets right now, with ability to lure Heatran and potentially trap Lele and the Lati twins depending on which set you use. The set I decided to use was Superpower to smack both Heatran and Ferrothorn, freeing up Lele to break better, U-Turn providing the team with momentum, bringing Lele safley on threats such as LandoT. Lastly Bullet Punch is used as the teams priority, and a very nice way of weakening Tapu Koko, as 72+ Atk Bullet Punch always 2hkos Tapu Koko after Rocks. This is important for Hawlucha as Taunt can shut down its Roost stalling. 248 Hp and 124 SpDef make sure Specs Lele Psychic basically never 2hkoes when rock aren't on the field and Life Orb HP Fire from Koko never ohkoes after rocks. 64 Speed is used creep Magnezones creeping M.Scizors outpacing M.Mawile, so you can either escape or break with U-Turn, Superpower respectively.

Another option for M.Scizor is Pursuit. Pursuit can trap threats to the team such as Gengar and Tapu Lele, with the latter being a big threat to Hawluchas sweep, but also the Lati Twins, allowing Tspikes to potentially stay up. If Pursuit is being ran, either U-Turn or Superpower is to be replaced and a different ev spread of 248 HP / 96+ Atk / 100 SpD / 64 Spe is ran, with Pursuit on switch and 1 round of Rocks damage 2hkoing Lele. The rest of the spread is similar to the previous. Using this set is completely down to preference.

Latios
Like with most of my teams, Latios is my go to fire resist when using offensive M.Scizor being, being an offensive check to CharizardY, Heatran and many other of the tiers fire demons. Latios also provides great defog support for the team, as most members are prone to being stacked on. Z-Thunder is used to lure Celesteela improving Tapu Leles breaking capabilities or just as a general nuke vs something, as Dragon Stab has been forgone.

LandoT provides Rocks, another pivot the Lele, and a blanket check to half the tier. Lando is also good at luring in other Landos to weaken with Hp Ice, which is useful for Hawlucha is the opposing LandoT is Z-Fly. Ground Stab is also appreciated for threatening M.Mawile, Magearna and many many others in the tier.

Nihilego
I realised that Tapu Koko carry Taunt often, shutting down my plan of stalling out terrain somewhat, so I decided to run a Tspike user as my last Pokemon, also re-enforicing other Roost stalling targets, allowing Hawlucha to beat Specs Tapu Koko. Tspikes are to wittle Koko down as fast as possible, putting it into range Hawlucha as fast as possible. Though this doesnt sort out the Taunt Tapu Koko problem fully, it does greatly improve it. I decided to go with Scarf Nihilego for the Tspikes, condensing Scarfer / Revenge Killer, Tspikes Setter and lastly a secondary wincon for the team. Not being pre-planned at all, Nihilego fitted surprisingly well into the team. With Tape Lele breaking down most of its checks in Steel types, and halting priority temporarily, which Nihilego is very susceptible to, and potentially a Pursuit M.Scizor trapping potential hazard removal in the Lati twins, allowing Tspikes to stay up.

Team Problems

Mew
Mew can stop Hawlucha as it can eat the hits and Wil'o'wisp, crippling Hawluchas potential sweep. However it is to note that if you can waste 7 or so Roosts from Mew, Hawlucha can eventually beat it by stalling it out of roosts, but Hawlucha is still cripples with Burn

Zapdos
Although Zapdos is doing no damage to Hawlucha, Zapdos can paralysis from Discharge spam roost off +6 Hawlucha slowly PP stalling you until defeat. If Zapdos is running Tbolt however, like mew, Zapdos can potentially stalled out of Roosts, though a lot more roosts will have to be wasted than Mews case.

Toxapex
Calcs Key:
Hawlucha
M.Scizor Pursuit

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 150-177 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 100-118 (27.8 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 200-236 (55.7 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 313-370 (87.1 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 163-193 (45.4 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha: 109-129 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 37.5% chance to 3HKO (Roosting)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. +1 248 HP / 44 Def Hawlucha: 218-258 (60.7 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha in Electric Terrain: 187-222 (52 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Roosting)

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 126-148 (35 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Roosting)

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 138-164 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. +1 248 HP / 172+ SpD Hawlucha: 138-164 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

72+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 123-145 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 244-291 (70.9 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

72+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

72+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 260-306 (69.1 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 147-173 (42.7 - 50.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 46.9% chance to
2HKO (On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 212-250 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 232-274 (77 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (On Switch)

96+ Atk Scizor-Mega Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 123-145 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO (On Switch)

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 149-176 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO

96+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Some replays, because I doubt many of you will believe the set works. The replays mentioning are the Hawlucha sweeps, the others show the team working. Didn't get chance to play much fat.

Webs HO

Kyurem-B BO

Veil

Thanks for Reading:)
fp: the team

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 24 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Greninja (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

I started off with the Electric Seed Hawlucha + Tapu Koko Core. Hawlucha hits 606 speed with the speed investment after Unburden so its outspeeding scarfers up to Tapu Koko. I went with Specs Tapu Koko as I wanted a way of OHKOing Landorus, Zygardes and Garchomps with HP Ice. Tapu Koko also brings in Hawlucha on a Grass Type with Volt Switch, so it makes setting up with Hawlucha that much easier on a Grass Type like Tangrowth or Mega Venusaur. After that I added Electrium Z Latios with Calm mind to break bulky waters and have a hard hitting move against neutral targets like Clefable after I set up a Calm Mind. Gigavolt Havoc Latios also helps with Celesteela which is nice to OHKO after a Calm Mind boost.I use HP Fire on Latios to lure in Ferrothorns since I dont have way of dealing with those besides Hawlucha. After that I needed a solid Ground switch in and a Stealth Rocker. So I decided to add Defensive Landorus-T onto the team. Landorus also help bringing in Tapu Koko On Celesteelas and Skarmorys. Next up I needed a Defogger since Toxic Spikes could be annoying and Mega Scizor also provides priority for the team. Mega Scizor also deals with all variants of Tapu Bulu besides All out Pummeling Tapu Bulu. After that I needed another breaker and I decided for Ash-Greninja. Ash-Greninja provides Spikes support for the team which makes Hawlucha's Job easier and Ash-Greninja heavily pressures Grass types as well which is nice for Latios for example

Everytime (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Feel (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I Gotta Feeling (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

I Want It That Way (Mamoswine) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

unmon (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

It's Gotta Be Me (Jirachi) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

loses to superpower pert and gastro if u want to lure it with like volcanion or koko that's up to u, also stall somewhat but u can always go for the rachi flinch fuck stall. koko is basically a forced partner for hawlucha. ferro provides rocks and spikes for fatter balance builds. mamo checks elecs, it's scarf so it can actually perform that job. volcanion is a tech choice to provide a water switchin and break teams which rely on fat grasses as their water check (suck it tangrowth). happy hour rachi to round it off and provide a win con, and its coverage lures the same things that check hawlucha eg celesteela gren pinsir etc.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-642025374

Last edited:

Eclipse

is a Contributor Alumnus
Time to vote!

Team 1

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Latios @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha

Tapu Lele

M.Scizor

Latios

Nihilego

Team Problems

Mew

Zapdos

Toxapex
Calcs Key:
Hawlucha
M.Scizor Pursuit

2HKO (On Switch)

Webs HO

Kyurem-B BO

Veil

Team 2

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Of the Lucha teams I had, I felt that this one was the least shit of them all so might as well show it off here. The first partner I paired with Lucha+Koko was Rockium Lando which is mainly for Zapdos but also helps Hawlucha in breaking down stall builds. Next up I threw Mega Venusaur to help against Mega Mawile, Ash-Greninja and the likes so that Magearna isn't as pressured to deal with them on its own. Next is AV Magearna with Iron Head to deal with opposing CM Magearnas while being able to cheese past other fat mons. Finally there's Scarf Latias with Trick to help bring back any mon for a second time if they get too weakened while providing Trick support for Lando/Lucha to take advantage of a Scarfed Chansey/Unaware Clef.
Edit: Also should mention, Lucha speed is for outspeeding +2 Volc while outspeeding all base 100s if Lucha doesn't get the terrain off/comes back in after using its seed.

Team 3

. Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatrics

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha was given electric seed in order to get the unburden boost under electric terrain. Everything is standard except for thunder punch which is there to bop stuff like pelliper, Mantine,Celesteela, pex, etc.

As for Koko it is Z-wild charge in order to kill things like Chansey
Dazzling gleam is there to lure out Chansey on stall as a stall player will protect on gleam then switch to Chansey then it dies to z wild charge. U-turn brings in Hawlucha and other teammates while keeping momentum and hitting dark and psychics for chip.

Next I needed something bulky to help deal with Scizor and further pressure steels and bulky mons that's where heatran comes in magma storm(assuming it ever hits) will deal with Scizor and deal chip to other mons on the switch helping Hawlucha sweep later game toxic deals with other bulky mons, Earth power Destroys Magnezone and other heatran, and substitute is for the time when you can or need to magma toxic stall certain threats.

Ferrothorn is here to set Spikes and act as a bulky pivot. Gyro ball because Diancie, and power whip to dent Tapu Finish when it tries to taunt it and OHKO swampert as well as dent other mons that resist gyro. Leech seed passive recovery for it and teammates enough said.

Mantine helps with removing hazards, prevents Greninja from clicking Dark pulse and other moves to sweep the team, and acts as both a water immunity and a pivot to stop things like Zard Y and non psyshock Alakazam Mega and toxic said threats as well as scald burn switch ins and roost off damage.

Finally Landorus-T acts as the rock setter and zygarde check/counter. Lando also kills off Zard X before it gets out of hand and provides intimidate debuffs to help with reducing damage.

Team 4

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Hawlucha was the main focus of this team as ofc. that's what this week is all about, just the standard moveset, Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's STAB of choice because they hit very hard especially coming from a +2 Hawlucha, Stone Edge is used for coverage as my team can really struggle vs Zapdos. Tapu Koko activates Electric Terrain which Hawlucha can take advantage of, It has great synergy with Hawlucha because all Spex Koko checks get completely smashed by Hawlucha. Landorus-Therian offers rocks for my team as well as a powerfull nuke with Z-Stone Edge which Hawlucha greatly appreciates; having Skarmory/Celesteela removed from the game. Ferrothorn can setup Spikes for Hawlucha to net some KO's as well as spreading Leech Seeds, given EV spread lets it avoid a 2hko by Ash Greninja. Heatran gives me a much needed Fire immunity and an Ice Resist, can also beat very annoying mons with Magma Storm and Earth Power. Mega Latias was the mega off choice because it offers great utility for this team with BoltBeam and Defog.

Team 5

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 24 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Greninja (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

I started off with the Electric Seed Hawlucha + Tapu Koko Core. Hawlucha hits 606 speed with the speed investment after Unburden so its outspeeding scarfers up to Tapu Koko. I went with Specs Tapu Koko as I wanted a way of OHKOing Landorus, Zygardes and Garchomps with HP Ice. Tapu Koko also brings in Hawlucha on a Grass Type with Volt Switch, so it makes setting up with Hawlucha that much easier on a Grass Type like Tangrowth or Mega Venusaur. After that I added Electrium Z Latios with Calm mind to break bulky waters and have a hard hitting move against neutral targets like Clefable after I set up a Calm Mind. Gigavolt Havoc Latios also helps with Celesteela which is nice to OHKO after a Calm Mind boost.I use HP Fire on Latios to lure in Ferrothorns since I dont have way of dealing with those besides Hawlucha. After that I needed a solid Ground switch in and a Stealth Rocker. So I decided to add Defensive Landorus-T onto the team. Landorus also help bringing in Tapu Koko On Celesteelas and Skarmorys. Next up I needed a Defogger since Toxic Spikes could be annoying and Mega Scizor also provides priority for the team. Mega Scizor also deals with all variants of Tapu Bulu besides All out Pummeling Tapu Bulu. After that I needed another breaker and I decided for Ash-Greninja. Ash-Greninja provides Spikes support for the team which makes Hawlucha's Job easier and Ash-Greninja heavily pressures Grass types as well which is nice for Latios for example

Team 6

Everytime (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Feel (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I Gotta Feeling (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

I Want It That Way (Mamoswine) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

unmon (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

It's Gotta Be Me (Jirachi) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

loses to superpower pert and gastro if u want to lure it with like volcanion or koko that's up to u, also stall somewhat but u can always go for the rachi flinch fuck stall. koko is basically a forced partner for hawlucha. ferro provides rocks and spikes for fatter balance builds. mamo checks elecs, it's scarf so it can actually perform that job. volcanion is a tech choice to provide a water switchin and break teams which rely on fat grasses as their water check (suck it tangrowth). happy hour rachi to round it off and provide a win con, and its coverage lures the same things that check hawlucha eg celesteela gren pinsir etc.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-642025374

Voting will last until Wednesday, best of luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)