Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Magnezone traps SD kartana and checks Pinsir for this team, as well as trapping other dangerous Pokemon like Ferrothorn for Ash-Gren and Celesteela for Mega Scizor. The core of Chansey + Toxapex + Gliscor + Mega Scizor is incredibly difficult for most teams to break especially since Magnezone traps SD Kartana, one of the few pokemon that can break it. Ash Greninja gives you another priority user and an important fast Pokemon. Toxic Spikes are also godly on toxapex if you're not worried about the rare Mega Charizard X. Medicham isnt a great matchup but is very much outplayable by toxicing it with pex as u live zen and then trading scizor for it. scarf zone and ash-gren also both outspeed too.
have you considered payapa on pex to ease the medi / lele matchup a bit more?

I hate to do this in all honesty, but I'm on mobile so that's the only way I'll be able to close submissions and open voting. I know you'll all miss my formatting but what can I do? Vote away and please indicate the team you're voting for with the name of the user who made it.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Excadrill (M) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Amoonguss
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 152 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

I started the team off with the core of magnezone + excadrill which I wanted to try out for a longer time now (as magnezone can remove one of steelium excadrill`s must common counters in form of celesteela) and added hippowdon in order to use excadrill to its fullest potential. I chose a jolly nature on exca because I wanted to outspeed heatran and espacially hoopa-u outside of the sand , espacially with the latter asserting pressure while testing. magnezone is equipped with a timid nature to outrun mawile and bisharp, who both pose potential threats to the team and trapping them best case. Hippowdon is ev´d to take on choice band tyranitar`s crunch aswell as mega-lopunny`s high jump kick while also withstanding life orb gengar`s shadow ball and choice specs tapu koko`s hidden power ice or dazzling gleam after rocks without getting 2hkoed. it runs this specific moveset for the reason of phazing pokemon like gyarados (though one should be careful not to stall out too many sandsturm turns) and more importantly to pressure the likes of tangrowth (which is a little nuisance to the main core and when used with the right team), landorus-t, tornadus-t which recently got a lot more attention and thereby usage(the same applies to mega latios), zapdos and rotom (though less common, another menace for excadrill in its attempt to sweep) and smooth rocks facilitates excadrill`s job via giving it the time to sweep a team late game. Speaking of sweeping, slashing SD in favor of rapid spin is an option, as it helps mega alt pre mega and spikes can be annoying, plus the latter can serve as an alternative win con but I generally prefer Swords Dance due to Excadrill beeing the main win con and the most likely to sweep (alt is more a way of dealing with remaining threats for the team but appreciates the possibility of sweeping, if the chance is given and to better pressure mew within the scope of its defensive capabilities) because altaria lacks the needed offensive presence and is to slow to do the job optimally. I added amoonguss, jirachi and altaria-mega as necassary pivots which cover many remaining weaknesses, like keldeo, tapu lele, alakazam, mawile-mega, partly hawlucha, mega charizard x/y, greninja, kyurem-b (it is still scary), victini, latios(mega), tapu bulu, kartana(!), heatran, mega gyarados, tornadus and magearna plus providing momentum and allowing me to pivot into the nearly never seen marowak in theory(mega altaria), as well as surviving a hit from medicham (mega altaria) and other sleeper threats like crawdaunt, dragonite (mega altaria) and blacephalon (mega altaria), as long as it is not specs blacephalon. I already shortly went over the reasoning for altaria`s moveset, jirachi is the standard pivot set carrying rocks in order to allow hippowdown not to be to passive and profiting from magnezones trapping abilities versus skarmory and celesteela and gives aforementioned momentum and can give excadrill a second chance for sweeping, if needed. The amoonguss set is a little bit more tricky because I required a mawile switch in and plus +2 knock off would just kill it otherwise I decided to run something more unconventional, meaning no item on amoonguss. optionally you can change the spread to full on physically defensive, which can also be usefull vs swamperts. the chosen spread is designed to take 2 specs dark pulses from greninja prior to swapping into its ash from, to give the team an secondary greninja option or an option versus greninja if altaria is not mega evolved. furthermore, the move choices are quite flexable, with stun spore, toxic, protect and stomping tantrum and foul play in it`s arsenal and the noteworthy sludge bomb, which is, the only move it has to break a substitute from a regular gyarados, for instance. I would recommend sticking with spore and hidden power fire though, as they help to mitigate the weakness versus scizor, if they are capable to remove magnezone plus it gives it mandatory coverage versus mawile, which it also needs spore for, to 1v1 it.(as only the combination of spore and hidden power fire in tandem allows amoonguss to 1v1 it with putting it to sleep and continuosly clicking hidden power fire versus it after chip). Keep in mind that you should change its nature to a relaxed nature, if you want to forego hidden power fire in favor of stomping tantrum. The team struggles a bit versus the aforementioned threats in form of mega-medicham and mega-mawile for example and espacially versus mamoswine. It is also noteworthy that it needs to be played aggressive sometimes, as many players will try to outpivot excadrill or rather the sandturns it has
- click for importable

Nidoking is a really scary wallbreaker and has been since late SM, when I used it in a tournament battle here. A month or so back, I decided to revamp the team I used in that battle and it became the team linked above -- I specifically liked the synergy it had with Magnezone and Pursuit Tyranitar. The idea behind the team is a pretty simple exploitation of Pursuit and Magnet Pull -- Pokemon such as Nidoking and Kartana both appreciate this support and Mega Tyranitar not only provides a strong Pursuit, but it is also easily sturdy enough to withstand attacks from common targets, set up Stealth Rock, and function as a strong defensive utility with a solid enough offensive presence to fit the team structure. In addition, Magnezone is capable of trapping opposing Kartana, Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and other arguably problematic defensive presences to the core members of the team.

Nidoking is primarily present on the build as a balance breaker and offensive pivot that can take advantage of Clefable, Toxapex, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and other common defensive pivots, often threatening balance teams and perhaps even getting a kill each time it gets in the battle safely. Kartana, the other Pokemon I mentioned in the first paragraph, also can help with breaking through defensive cores, but it is geared more towards being a win condition on this team, as well as a stallbreaker. Defog as the filler move on Kartana lets you run Toxic on Scarf Landorus-T, which lets you have a fighting chance against opposing Hawlucha and cripple opposing Zapdos, which is problematic to Kartana, and Mew, which is problematic to Nidoking. Additionally, Defog being present on the team prevents opposing Spikes from becoming too annoying if they have a setter that is not trapped by Magnezone (aka Greninja, who you cannot reliably Defog against, of course, but you should be able to pivot in afterwards easily enough depending upon the situation). The Tyranitar, as mentioned before, is intended to support the two aforementioned Pokemon with Pursuit while getting Stealth Rocks up and being a vital component of the defensive backbone. Speaking of the defensive backbone, AV Tangrowth and a fairly bulky Scarf Landorus-T round it out, complimenting each other and providing defensive counterplay to a vast majority of the metagame. Finally, Scarf Magnezone is present to trap some problematic Steel types, generate momentum, and just thwart opposing Kartana from clean-sweeping the team as it otherwise could if given a free turn. All things considered, this is a really fun team to play and it does relatively well.

Always lead Tyranitar vs Mega Sableye stall teams and click Stone Edge w/out mega evolving on the Protect turn 1 -- they always switch out, fearing Band Tar. Turn 2 you can Stealth Rock and mega evolve into the switch-in and then use the momentum from there to move forward. Later on, if they Defog, you still pressure Mega Sableye a ton with Stone Edge, so either taking it out or getting Stealth Rocks up again should no be impossible, but it is very easy to do it to start the game at least.

note: can use Crunch>Edge and then it applies the same way

the team was build around the core Pinsir + Kyurem black. I added Tapu koko who benefits very well from the core that eliminates bulky grass and lando, zygarde to allow tapu koko spam thundurbolt quietly. Then I added magnezone because scizor is hard to manage and trap threats like Celest and ferro that will allow a Pinsir of clean. Lando classic yache berry to better manage my MU vs Tapu koko and tapu fini for classic defog.
Magnezone Fat Balance / Semi-Stall

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Magnezone traps SD kartana and checks Pinsir for this team, as well as trapping other dangerous Pokemon like Ferrothorn for Ash-Gren and Celesteela for Mega Scizor. The core of Chansey + Toxapex + Gliscor + Mega Scizor is incredibly difficult for most teams to break especially since Magnezone traps SD Kartana, one of the few pokemon that can break it. Ash Greninja gives you another priority user and an important fast Pokemon. Toxic Spikes are also godly on toxapex if you're not worried about the rare Mega Charizard X. Medicham isnt a great matchup but is very much outplayable by toxicing it with pex as u live zen and then trading scizor for it. scarf zone and ash-gren also both outspeed too.

Specs Rachi + DD Zygarde

(click on sprites)

Well, as I really like unusual sets/gimmicks, I choose to use Specs Rachi (which was once a viable set in past generations if I'm not mistaken) as this can lure mons like Landorus-T, Celesteela and etc, this set was able to read many checks of Zygarde, so, I decided to form a core with it, since both share the same/similar checks, and luring them, can easily open a breach for Zygarde's sweep. Until then I had already defined the core of the team, and after analyzing it a bit, I noticed that Tapu Koko and Water-types like Ash Ninja were very annoying threats, so I put Ferrothorn, what is a great teammate for offering Stealth Rock and Spikes , which is appreciated by Zygarde. After that, I put Heatran to deal better against steel-types like Ferrothorn and Celesteela, in addition to being able to burn Tyranitar that is something much appreciated by Jirachi. My team needed a Speed Control, so I put Scarf Bulky Lando which is a secondary check of Zygarde, not overloading Ferrothorn. I still did not have any mega evolution and Hazard Control, so I put Mega Latias which is a very good mega evolution, because it ''fixes'' those flaws that the team has, besides checking certain boring monsters to face as per example Hawlucha, Heatran and etc.

Note: Volcarona basically setup and wins :psyduck:

Other Version:
http://pokepast.es/fbf62d182d6439a3
(s/o to Century Express for tell me other possibility oo)

(sorry for my bad english ._.)​

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Scarf Jirachi Team
385.png
479w.png
461.png
485.png
497.png
381.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost
I decided to build this team around Scarf Jirachi. It's pretty good offensive pivot, and it provides Healing Wish support. I took Rotom-W in team, as it forms VoltTurn core with Jirachi and covers Ground- (outside of Mold Breaker) and Fire-types. It's also used as Defogger and check to physical attackers due to Def investiments and Will-O-Wisp. Next step is covering Ghost- and Dark-types. I put Weavile because it's fast and quite powerful physical attacker and has Knock Off and priority. It can Pursuit trap Ghost-types and eliminate them, though Weavile can't heavily damage Dark-types but resists it. On this stage, my team is very weak to Volcarona, so its check is necessary. I put Z-move Heatran because it hard checks most Volcarona variants. I gave it Z-crystal for doing it a decent Knock Off switch-in. Heatran also provides Stealth Rock. There is no check to bulky Water-types, and many mons in this team don't appreciate Ground-type attacks, so I need a Grass-type. I put Serperior. Serperior is phenomenal setup sweeper with its ability Contrary and Leaf Storm. It can take on Ground- and Water-types while it also has Leech Seed for increase its longevity and heal its teammates. My team is still hurt at least neutrally by Fighting-types, and there is no Mega in team. I decided to take Mega Latios to check Fighting-types and heavily damage Mega Venusaur. It's also beats unboosted Mega Charizard X. Mega Latios also has immunity to Ground-type attacks (as Rotom-W, outside of Mold Breaker). Mega Latios runs Earthquake to punish Steel-type switch-ins, and Fairy-types are checked by its teammates. This allows Mega Latios to break opposing team and give its teammates opportunities to sweep opposing team.

Last edited:
Specs Rachi + DD Zygarde

(click on sprites)

Well, as I really like unusual sets/gimmicks, I choose to use Specs Rachi (which was once a viable set in past generations if I'm not mistaken) as this can lure mons like Landorus-T, Celesteela and etc, this set was able to read many checks of Zygarde, so, I decided to form a core with it, since both share the same/similar checks, and luring them, can easily open a breach for Zygarde's sweep. Until then I had already defined the core of the team, and after analyzing it a bit, I noticed that Tapu Koko and Water-types like Ash Ninja were very annoying threats, so I put Ferrothorn, what is a great teammate for offering Stealth Rock and Spikes , which is appreciated by Zygarde. After that, I put Heatran to deal better against steel-types like Ferrothorn and Celesteela, in addition to being able to burn Tyranitar that is something much appreciated by Jirachi. My team needed a Speed Control, so I put Scarf Bulky Lando which is a secondary check of Zygarde, not overloading Ferrothorn. I still did not have any mega evolution and Hazard Control, so I put Mega Latias which is a very good mega evolution, because it ''fixes'' those flaws that the team has, besides checking certain boring monsters to face as per example Hawlucha, Heatran and etc.

Note: Volcarona basically setup and wins :psyduck:

Other Version:
http://pokepast.es/fbf62d182d6439a3
(s/o to Century Express for tell me other possibility oo)

(sorry for my bad english ._.)​
If u rly want to loosen up the Volcarona match-up, u cud make it a bulkier dd Zygarde with z-move and max hp tran.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 128 Atk / 196 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch

Golem-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Focus Punch
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Toxapex @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

made this team in like 2 minutes ft mellowyellowhd 's daddy alolan golem. basic idea is you lure in tran with ejectpex and trap it with golem, then zardy and jirachi come in and eat booty. focus punch zard to assert dominance also cause it doesn't miss and you can just catch ttar on the switch. on rachi icy wind 2hkos fat lando and psychic 2hkos spdef pex. iron head is a great move whenever you're losing and need a free win, fire punch 2hkos ferro kart and mega sciz so its lit. ev spread outspeeds scarf lando after icy wind and guarentees the above 2hkos. then i just threw the 3 best mons in the meta rn aka pex lando kart and double scarf is probably bad but w/e. anyway this team is complete ass so please vote for it.

oh yeah scarf lando is to lure koko. thats cool ig.

edit heres a replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-746911705
edit here are 2 more replays

Last edited:
1527245753347.png
1527245770552.png
1527245782756.png
1527245802057.png
1527245817198.png
1527245850317.png

http://pokepast.es/0f103604d8491693
Heres a team built around Mega-Heracross. Zapdos handles flying types while rachi handles psychic and fairy types. Landorus is added for speed control and momentum. Zygarde provides the team with a reliable swithin to heatran as well as a wincon. It also spreads paralysis alongside zapdos wich helps out Mega-Hera, Jirachi also takes advantage of this. Pex is there for ash-gren and provides tspike support to pressure opposing teams its payapa toxic for mega-latios since rachi doesnt appreciate coming in on eq. Rachi also has healing wish to bring back heracross or zygarde to wallbreak or sweep. This team got me around 1888 if anyone has any questions feel free to ask hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
1527519242980.png
1527519266883.png
1527519286488.png
1527519308510.png
1527519324908.png
1527519370398.png

https://pokepast.es/b6be266e78a3b73f

It's just a nice team whit jirachi Z Happy Hour, it's for me the funniest set. We have bulu av for counter gren, lele, koko and many others pokemon. Zapdos for defog and counter ground type. Heatran is here to place Stealth Rock and block fire type, solar beam is for kill gastrodon, rotom wash and fini if they took some damage, Solar beam frequently surprise people. Zygarde band is here to do lot off damage to the opposing team and kill Jirachi counters. Greninja scarf is added for speed control and momentum.

I wanted to make some stall, so I started with a core of Sableye + Jirachi as Jirachi is a good fairy / Kyu-B check for Sableye and gets hazards up for sab. This Sab set in mind is to nibble on Heatran's pp and attempt to 1v1 it. The rachi spread is fast to actually outspeed Lele and Kyub, but more importantly, outspeed Hoopa-U as well. Added Chansey as a cleric and special sponge. Next I added Zapdos as the necessary hazard remover and Kartana check. The team started looking weak to Zygarde and Zard X, so Quaqsire was my means for that. The final mon to add was bandtar as a means to trap locked Hoopa and pressure opposing stall builds, and it works well with wish support as a tran check.

Last edited:
View attachment 118613View attachment 118614View attachment 118615View attachment 118616View attachment 118617View attachment 118618
https://pokepast.es/b6be266e78a3b73f

It's just a nice team whit jirachi Z Happy Hour, it's for me the funniest set. We have bulu av for counter gren, lele, koko and many others pokemon. Zapdos for defog and counter ground type. Heatran is here to place Stealth Rock and block fire type, solar beam is for kill gastrodon, rotom wash and fini if they took some damage, Solar beam frequently surprise people. Zygarde band is here to do lot off damage to the opposing team and kill Jirachi counters. Greninja scarf is added for speed control and momentum.
I'm sorry to just rudely interrupt with this Project as I'm no longer a co-host. But at least be as decent to post your own team and not just shamelessly rip someone else's team from the RMT sub-forum and make it seem like it's yours.

e: sike, I am co-host now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)