Not open for further replies.
Taken over from Counting Sheep
Approved by Jordy
Hosted by xapx
Previously hosted by lyd
Art by AmirAlexander

USM OU Teambuilding Competition

Rules:
  1. Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give an option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead. Make sure the team you post are according to the Pokémon, Core or Theme of the Week: or else you’ll obviously get disqualified. Joke teams will also be disqualified. If you'd like to submit an idea for a Theme, don't be afraid to PM me through Smogon.
  2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  3. Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  4. Clean and Tidy: I'd like to keep the thread as clean and uniform as possible, as for ease of browsing, so this means keep formatting consistent, using the provided links for sprites and avoid posting one liners during the submission phase.
  5. Sprites: Please use this sprite option below:
  6. Voting: you can only vote for one team and that team can’t be your own.
  7. Update Schedule: The project will be updated every Friday, with the new Pokémon, Core or Theme of the Week being open for submissions for a week, then closed as voting starts. The voting will then be up for a week and closed and tallied along with the next Pokémon, Core or Theme of the Week, completing a biweekly cycle.
  8. Format: please use the format below, otherwise I have the rights to reject your submission. Putting content in hide tags saves us a lot of time.
(by MFJK)
This is a squad I built a few days ago. It's based around the core of Serperior and M-Heracross which I thought was pretty cool because of how Serperior can paralyze Tornadus-T, and how M-Heracross can break through fat stuffs that annoy Serperior. I knew that, with that core, I would need a few things in order to make it work. I would need another solid way to break through Stall because Unaware Clefable (which is seen on the most common variant of Stall) can wall M-Heracross, a solid form of hazard-removing, as well as a solid defensive core that could take care of common offensive threats including M-Alakazam, M-Latios, M-Lopunny, Heatran and Tornadus-T. Heatran + Landorus-T were the two mons I chose next because this core gave me hazards control, a stallbreaker, a form of speed control, as well as some useful resistances. After that, I felt I was missing a Greninja check, a Fire-type check, as well as a M-Lopunny check which is why I chose Toxapex and made it Iapapa in order to not get overwhelmed by physical attackers. As my last slot, I chose Celesteela which completed my defensive core and gave me a solid check to M-Alakazam, as well as a bunch of other things.

This team has the tools to perform well in most matchups but there are still threats that are going to annoy this team a lot. M-Medicham, M-Mawile and Zygarde are some examples of pokemons this team doesn't match-up well against. Hope you like the team!
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 HP / 20 Atk / 136 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog

Toxapex @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Last edited:
Hello All, I'll be taking over the Teambuilding Competition from both lyd and Jordy, so looking for a Co-host to post when I'm unavailable. I intend to do more themes and cores coming foward, and am open to any suggestions for rounds, just PM via Smogon. I have a deep love of building so I hope to see some neat entries and more importantly I hope you enjoy the competition :)

- Round 51 -
Blacephalon

Despite being British, I thought It'd be rather fitting to celebrate 4 July, and what better way to celebrate than with fireworks! Enter Blacephalon.
[Deadline is Friday 12th July]​

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
Let's be honest, HO is kinda awkward right now but this archetype, in my opinion, abuses Blacephalon's qualities best. I started from SubCM Blacephalon because it's the set I thought about immediately. Then without any thinking I put a standard Screens HO scructure in Landorus-T + Tapu Koko + Hawlucha. M-Mawile is here to improve my stall matchup further, notably being nice versus Kommo-o stalls which Blacephalon struggles to break apart. Lastly, Kommo-o itself was added to provide the team with another win condition which also somewhat helps me versus Ash-Greninja by resisting its STABs.
Good luck on this project Counting Sheep pls dont make us build around such a terrible mons like blace

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

Blacephalon
helps breaking through teams, sub CM Z is the set i picked since it's good for breaking throught team, this set is specifically created to break throught walls such as toxapex or fini easier.

Tapu Fini is here to wall greninja who comes in for free against blacephalon, and is also the defogger here. The set is the common one.

Gliscor is here to have a soft-check to heatran (always that is not Z), and also gives a wincon against stall and fat.

Jirachi is the one i choose as my rocker and it also helps vs psychic types such as Mzam or lele who otherwise would be annoying.

Tornadus-T is here to check kartana and bulu, and also helps pivoting around, Heat Wave is here to chip down faster magearna and magnezone who can come in for free on torn.

Landorus-T is the speed control on this team it doesn't really need any explanation since it's a staple in the meta.

Counting Sheep gl with the project fam :blobnom:

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

The World Exploding - Specs Blacephalon and Mega Latios Balance

I wanted to build around a core I fell in love with post-Naganadel pre-Zygarde ban. Specs Blace is a fearsome wallbreaker with its 107 Speed and nearly unresisted Shadow Ball, but its annoyed when it can’t spam its STAB moves. Latios removes Heatran and chips Tyranitar so Blace can wreak havoc especially on slower teams. Its Draco to manage Ash-Greninja locked into Hydro which can be a problem. Lati also checks non-Toxic Heatran, Garchomp, non-Scarf Kartana (and unboosted Scarf) and Band Bulu if healthy. Gliscor is the teams primary Heatran check (why its used over Lando) and Rocker and spreads status even under Terrain. Thanks to its airborne status, it can even activate Poison Heal under Misty Terrain. It also annoys stall alongside Blace’s Trick. Magearna is the Psychic check and deals with CM spam which can be threatening since Latios is Draco and Lati uses it as fodder while Blace can be hard to get in. It can help with the Kommo-o effort, which can trouble Blace. Also it Volts Blace in on Grasses and can bait grounds slower than Blace/Lati. I used it over Rachi because the team felt really weak to Ash-Gren what with Fini having no recovery. Speaking of, Fini is our crucial Defogger, Ash-Gren check and secondary Tran check. It also keeps Blace, Kart and Latios Toxic, Wisp and TWave free. Scarf Kart appreciates all these Grass- and Steel-types gone so it can spam Leaf Blade easier. It patches up the team’s relative slowness and appreviates Fini taking on ZardX andVolcarona, boosted threats it can’t handle.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

Built this team with specs blace since i feel like it kinda fell out of favor because of the subcm set but it still puts a lot of work vs teams without ttars and chansey ig

My first partner idea was torn-t with fightnium since it can bait some ttars feeling like he can wall torn and kill it with fightnium after rocks with the given spread (it also ko offensive tran after rocks), torn can also remove hazards for blace which can really harm its wallbreaking capability because of its limited opportunities to come in

I added fini because any team needs an effective ash gren check so it was the ideal choice. With Whirpool + Nature Madness + Taunt it can trap Toxapex which can pivot on blacephalon and scout the move it'll be locked on (pex can be tricked but blacephalon loses a lot of its power in the proccess) and also annoys the team in general

Next I added mega-ttar since i needed a stealth rocker, a heatran check (with this set fini can't reliably check heatran) while also being able to pursuit trap and chip tran and other mons like zapdos and lati@s for its teammates.

Since I'm using Ttar, I decided to go with exca as my form of speed control and cleaner. It gives a second form of hazard control for the team, a koko check (electric immunity in general). I went with metronome since i already have a z user and with enough luck u can fish flinches vs celesteela :blobthumbsup:

For the last mon i needed a sturdier ground and grass spam check, also i needed a check to zam that doesn't die to focus blast so i added celesteela to glue the team together

gl with the project Counting Sheep

Hi! I would like to join in the fun so this is my submission.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor / Ice Beam
- Recover

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Trick

This team uses blace as the scarfer which is outdated & less popular but I think it probably can work on this particular team.

Mega latios to possibly weaken ttar with eq to aid blace. Draco to remove mega zam and ashgren which can be problems for the team but ice beam could be better, can only be figured out through testing which I havn't done.

Sd edgequake sr lando paired with lando coz its a tried and tested method, aside from use of magnezone to erase any steel type roadblocks stopping mega latios from wallbreaking properly such as celesteela, magearna, ferro and also stallbreak. I have my custom ev spread with almost max atk adamant hitting 426 atk coz I'm greedy and like more power, esp nice since edge isn't stab. Speed hits 256 to outrun standard fini/max tran rest into hp to make it more bulky.

Ferro as ashgren check #1 and shuriken resist #2 (ie. latios) to make up for blace's lack of defensive utility. Blanket check steels, offers some insurance vs rain, set spikes and do what it does best.

Keldeo as ashgren check #2 and shuriken resist #3. Taunt shuts down any attempts at defogging hazards vs slower mons and also stallbreak alongside cm. Then it offers more insurance vs rain. Keldeo is not very popular nowadays but I think it can work on this team.

Zapdos as last member to spread paralysis with static to physical breakers and defog. Standard set which does what it always does (piss off ppl by paralysing medi/lop/kart etc.)

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Decided to use Specs Blace for this one and pair it with Physical Z-Fight Gren to remove Chansey-Ttar-Tran & offering spike support. Scarf Lando appreciates Blace breaking capabilities, while providing u-turn & defog support. Fini-Tran-Tangrowht form a potent fwg core who can check the majority of the metagame and provide utility to the team via defog/rocks/knock. All in all a pretty straightforward but solid build

Thanks all for participating in the first week of building! Just want to welcome xapx as my Co-host, who will be helping me when I can't make deadlines or just forget :P. Also wondering your thoughts on speeding things up with both building and voting taking a week? It would probably be 4-5 days building then 3-2 days for voting.

- Voting -

A - Egor

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
Let's be honest, HO is kinda awkward right now but this archetype, in my opinion, abuses Blacephalon's qualities best. I started from SubCM Blacephalon because it's the set I thought about immediately. Then without any thinking I put a standard Screens HO scructure in Landorus-T + Tapu Koko + Hawlucha. M-Mawile is here to improve my stall matchup further, notably being nice versus Kommo-o stalls which Blacephalon struggles to break apart. Lastly, Kommo-o itself was added to provide the team with another win condition which also somewhat helps me versus Ash-Greninja by resisting its STABs.

B - jcbc

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog
Blacephalon helps breaking through teams, sub CM Z is the set i picked since it's good for breaking throught team, this set is specifically created to break throught walls such as toxapex or fini easier.

Tapu Fini is here to wall greninja who comes in for free against blacephalon, and is also the defogger here. The set is the common one.

Gliscor is here to have a soft-check to heatran (always that is not Z), and also gives a wincon against stall and fat.

Jirachi is the one i choose as my rocker and it also helps vs psychic types such as Mzam or lele who otherwise would be annoying.

Tornadus-T is here to check kartana and bulu, and also helps pivoting around, Heat Wave is here to chip down faster magearna and magnezone who can come in for free on torn.

Landorus-T is the speed control on this team it doesn't really need any explanation since it's a staple in the meta.

C - Solaros & Lunaris

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Latios @ Latiosite
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog
I wanted to build around a core I fell in love with post-Naganadel pre-Zygarde ban. Specs Blace is a fearsome wallbreaker with its 107 Speed and nearly unresisted Shadow Ball, but its annoyed when it can’t spam its STAB moves. Latios removes Heatran and chips Tyranitar so Blace can wreak havoc especially on slower teams. Its Draco to manage Ash-Greninja locked into Hydro which can be a problem. Lati also checks non-Toxic Heatran, Garchomp, non-Scarf Kartana (and unboosted Scarf) and Band Bulu if healthy. Gliscor is the teams primary Heatran check (why its used over Lando) and Rocker and spreads status even under Terrain. Thanks to its airborne status, it can even activate Poison Heal under Misty Terrain. It also annoys stall alongside Blace’s Trick. Magearna is the Psychic check and deals with CM spam which can be threatening since Latios is Draco and Lati uses it as fodder while Blace can be hard to get in. It can help with the Kommo-o effort, which can trouble Blace. Also it Volts Blace in on Grasses and can bait grounds slower than Blace/Lati. I used it over Rachi because the team felt really weak to Ash-Gren what with Fini having no recovery. Speaking of, Fini is our crucial Defogger, Ash-Gren check and secondary Tran check. It also keeps Blace, Kart and Latios Toxic, Wisp and TWave free. Scarf Kart appreciates all these Grass- and Steel-types gone so it can spam Leaf Blade easier. It patches up the team’s relative slowness and appreviates Fini taking on ZardX andVolcarona, boosted threats it can’t handle.

D - Askov

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Flamethrower

Tornadus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 104 HP / 156 Def / 40 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Defog

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 52 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Metronome
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Protect
Built this team with specs blace since i feel like it kinda fell out of favor because of the subcm set but it still puts a lot of work vs teams without ttars and chansey ig

My first partner idea was torn-t with fightnium since it can bait some ttars feeling like he can wall torn and kill it with fightnium after rocks with the given spread (it also ko offensive tran after rocks), torn can also remove hazards for blace which can really harm its wallbreaking capability because of its limited opportunities to come in

I added fini because any team needs an effective ash gren check so it was the ideal choice. With Whirpool + Nature Madness + Taunt it can trap Toxapex which can pivot on blacephalon and scout the move it'll be locked on (pex can be tricked but blacephalon loses a lot of its power in the proccess) and also annoys the team in general

Next I added mega-ttar since i needed a stealth rocker, a heatran check (with this set fini can't reliably check heatran) while also being able to pursuit trap and chip tran and other mons like zapdos and lati@s for its teammates.

Since I'm using Ttar, I decided to go with exca as my form of speed control and cleaner. It gives a second form of hazard control for the team, a koko check (electric immunity in general). I went with metronome since i already have a z user and with enough luck u can fish flinches vs celesteela :blobthumbsup:

For the last mon i needed a sturdier ground and grass spam check, also i needed a check to zam that doesn't die to focus blast so i added celesteela to glue the team together

E - crystal lynn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor / Ice Beam
- Recover

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Trick
This team uses blace as the scarfer which is outdated & less popular but I think it probably can work on this particular team.

Mega latios to possibly weaken ttar with eq to aid blace. Draco to remove mega zam and ashgren which can be problems for the team but ice beam could be better, can only be figured out through testing which I havn't done.

Sd edgequake sr lando paired with lando coz its a tried and tested method, aside from use of magnezone to erase any steel type roadblocks stopping mega latios from wallbreaking properly such as celesteela, magearna, ferro and also stallbreak. I have my custom ev spread with almost max atk adamant hitting 426 atk coz I'm greedy and like more power, esp nice since edge isn't stab. Speed hits 256 to outrun standard fini/max tran rest into hp to make it more bulky.

Ferro as ashgren check #1 and shuriken resist #2 (ie. latios) to make up for blace's lack of defensive utility. Blanket check steels, offers some insurance vs rain, set spikes and do what it does best.

Keldeo as ashgren check #2 and shuriken resist #3. Taunt shuts down any attempts at defogging hazards vs slower mons and also stallbreak alongside cm. Then it offers more insurance vs rain. Keldeo is not very popular nowadays but I think it can work on this team.

Zapdos as last member to spread paralysis with static to physical breakers and defog. Standard set which does what it always does (piss off ppl by paralysing medi/lop/kart etc.)

F - AOJ

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Decided to use Specs Blace for this one and pair it with Physical Z-Fight Gren to remove Chansey-Ttar-Tran & offering spike support. Scarf Lando appreciates Blace breaking capabilities, while providing u-turn & defog support. Fini-Tran-Tangrowht form a potent fwg core who can check the majority of the metagame and provide utility to the team via defog/rocks/knock. All in all a pretty straightforward but solid build

Next cycle will be a more splash-able Pokemon don't worry:) Voting ends Friday 19th July

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team F

I'd suggest that you just require everyone who submits a team to use 3D models instead. As a former host, I can say that it's incredibly annoying to have to do it yourself.
If this is done (and I’d prefer it not to be, as I personally find BW sprites more appealing, while others think the opposite), please change this:

And replace it with something like the Sprite Converter.
https://fulllifegames.com/Tools/SpriteConverter/

Last edited:
Suggestion: Ok actually a nitpick tbh but can you make all the teams in the voting process gen 6/7 3D models. It just looks inconsistent having gen 5 sprites and gen 6/7 3D models in the same post. I do get if you don't wanna do that though.

- The End -

I'm going to place my vote for team D by Askov. This concludes the voting stage and the competition as a whole, congratulations to AOJ for winning the first and only round of this thread, with 3 votes.

F - AOJ

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

It's a shame I had to cancel so soon, I had a few ideas and ambitions I'd like to have gone through, but now I'll pass on the torch quickly over to xapx. Wish you the best of luck with this project in the future.

Sad to see you go Counting Sheep :(

Jordethia agreed I could take over this

==ROUND 52==
Welcome fan-favourite Mega Evolution - Mega Charizard X - to this round!

Mega Charizard X has a good setup move, high powered move options, and a decent ability, making it a great wallbreaker and setup sweeper. It does suffer from being worn down quickly from hazards and Flare Blitz recoil, and its best checks Rotom-W and Tapu Fini being quite common in the meta. It will be able to blast through an unprepared or weakened team with the help of teammates. Are you able to make a team to support Mega Charizard X well?

Teambuilding period will end in 1 week, which is next Friday (26/7).
You are free to use any set!
I'd also like to have some consistency, so please use Gen 7 Animated Sprites for your sprites and remember to use the submission format!

Solaros & Lunaris

Butterfly Breaker - DD ZardX + Specs Lele Offense

Pretty simple VoltTurn team I built for a rate then edited for this competition. CharX + Lele was the central component of the team, as they have incredible offensive synergy. Lele has trouble with Celesteela, Jirachi, Protect Ferrothorn, Protect SpDef Heatran, etc and can also fall to Kartana and ZardX just uses those as free setup. A standard pivot core of Tornadus-T and Rotom-Wash was added to add VoltTurn, double Defog, and a way to lure Heatran, Ferrothorn and Tyranitar. Fightinium Z is run to mess with those mons, allowing Zard to forgo EQ for Dragon Claw and hit opposing Rotom and the Latis much harder. Mixed bulk Rotom is one of two solutions to managing Ash-Greninja, eating 2 Dark Pulses from it while underspeeding opposing Rotom. Thunder Wave is run over Will-O-Wisp to manage Fire-types, most notably Volcarona which can greatly annoy the team. At this point, I needed five things; a proper AshGren answer, a Steel, a Rocker, a Ground and speed control. Ferro provides the former three while also packing Thunder Wave to cripple many of its switch-ins (Kart, Fires, etc.). I was fine with not using Spikes Ferrothorn, as with how vulnerable ZardX is to hazards, I would just Defog them anyway. Landorus, as it so often does, provides the last two roles. It also functions as a tertiary pivot, a potential cleaner, and an emergency button with Explosion.

https://pokepast.es/7271dc8272f534b6

This is one of my first creation in this meta and want to partecipate to the competition.

The team has lots of synergies between all of his members, allowing each Pokémon to support each other with entry hazards and with damage to the same counters opening sweeping chances for everyone.

+

I usually leads with Landorus-Therian or Rotom-Wash depending on situation, usually Lando goes vs Tyranitar, Heatran or Zapdos for a free Stealth Rock setup or U-turn, gaining momentum to setup Greninja if their switch is their Landorus or Charizard if their switches are Grass types like Tangrowth or Ferrothorn. Also we got the answer for Water types which obviusly is Rotom-W, that lures Grass types once again for Charizard X and so on.
It's also good to start vs Tornadus-t and Tapu Koko with a cheese Choice Scarf Earthquake that usually ends in a surprising OHKO for the last one.
Rotom-W is the start vs Bulky Waters or Bulky Ground enemies like Lando-T or Pelipper which allows to gain instantly momentum to Switch in the best Pokémon for any scenario. Rotom-W is also defensively speaking maybe the best choice to counter Mega-Swampert, since I didn't found other answers that fit so damn perfectly.

Charizard in this team most of the times spread the panic through the enemy defenses without boosting, as a pure Wall Breaker. He basically hits hard everything that switches in so Dragon Dance is actually a situational option for a possible lategame sweep, once the team is decimated by Spikes damage and his counter weakened by Greninja and Kommo-o.

Greninja is the Spikes support that could not be left out and also a potentially lethal Sweeper and Revengkiller with Entry Hazards support. He is awesome, and Protean too.
Fit perfectly with Magearna for the slow Volt Switch to simplify setups and also form a great offensive Core with Mega Charizard X, weakening Tapu Fini, destroying Ferrothorn for Rotom-W, which can Defog more easily or Hydro Pump spam.

Magearna, basically the Tapu Lele, and Psychic / Fairy counter that this team needs. Also, does not Kill the momentum of the team thanks to Volt Switch to maintain the advantage you got. He often lures Lando-T, which you can answer with Rotom-W and then Charizard again depending from enemy answer.

Finally Kommo-o is the beast. Once Tapu Fini is low HP a Dragon Dance Poison Jab do the rest of the work. Also, a good answer to the Treath list helping Magearna to check Ash Greninja thanks to Dark resistence.

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance

EVs: 88 HP / 136 Atk / 88 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
Hope I posted correctly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)