Project USM OU Teambuilding Workshop [On Hiatus]

Hey! Remember me? I don't want to be a douche, but I realised that Mega Latias is a pretty underrated mon (at least Imo). So, a team with her would be nice, at least to try to rise her usage stat a bit.
Mega Latias + Z-Move Tapu Koko

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- U-turn

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Recover
- Substitute / Reflect Type

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost / Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Like my previous request, this core is pretty straightforward, Mega Latias does X thing while Koko helps her doing Y thing. In this case, Latias can either being a powerful late game cleaner, or a more support mon, covering Meta trends like Heatran, (Unboosted) Zygarde, (Non scarf) Landorus-T, etc. with her amazing coverage, while Koko takes care of the bulky water types such as Pex and Suicune, & also pressuring Clefable, Tornadus-T and Protean Gren courtesy of it's stellar speed tier. You can use any set you want (of the set I posted adove).
Again, our favourite egg-hatcher (Or Stall as a whole) annoys both mons a lot, and faster treats as well like Mega Alakazam, Ash-Gren, Mega Lopunny, Setup Sweeper & scarfers. Stallbreakers like Heatran, Clefable, Hoopa-U (another underrated mon imo) or Lele can work against Chansey, and a Scarf user / Twave or Glare can fix the speed problem.
Sorry if I'm being a moron requesting another team just after Iyd finished my previous request, but I really appreciate what you guys/gals are doing for us.
Have a good day/night sir/lady :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Alright so Goodra was pretty wack lol it was for the most part a worse pex, but anyway I'll suggest another mon

Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Super strong wallbreaker capable of busting so many bulky teams and its not really dead weight vs offense either since it has aqua jet. Very few switch ins since most people prep for dark and water stab to be special because of gren so crawdaunt takes advantage of this to break teams. Its a pretty straightforward mon, good breaker on balance. I'm interested to see what someone can do with this mon :]. Have fun :]

Hydreigon @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Roost

Hydreigon is one of my personal favorite Pokemon and breakers (though it's been through a lot of different iterations as of late) and its use as a check to mons like Reuniclus and Heatran while still hitting hard made the Darkinium Z variant stand out as something to build around. I'd personally like to see this in something like balance to learn how Hydreigon interacts with more defensive teammates like Celesteela or Clef, but it isn't required if something like offense has more flexibility when building with Hydreigon. Have fun!

tornadus-therian.gif
tangrowth.gif
Heatran.gif
pinsir-mega.gif
Ash-Greninja.gif
zygarde.gif

XXXTENTACION - #ImSippinTeaInYoHood (Prod. RONNYJLISTENUP)

Torn.png
Tang.png
tran.png
Pinsir.png
Ash Gren.png
Zygod.png

Line.png

Hey IPF! I built around your core and made a pretty interesting team, Spdef Heatran helps alot vs threats such as SG Magearna & Tapu Lele, Banded Zygarde + Mega Pinsir is a neat offensive core as they cover each others checks well & Flyinium-Z Tornadus adds a Flying-Type Spam which can wear down Pokemon such as Zapdos for Mega Pinsir as Knock Off + Rocks & Pivoting can wear it down & U-turning pivot into mons such as Banded Zygarde can be very helpful. U-turn Ash Greninja is a underrated set that lets you freely pivot your Mega Pinsir into Threats such as Tapu Bulu & Tangrowth much easier.

Ski.png

https://pokepast.es/2629180b5aa251d9

Go Brxzy

Last edited:
hey guys i anna make a request for team that be around
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

hope u can build it for me

Last edited:
Hello i would like a team based on my two favorite mon but i don’t know how to utilize Mawile :

Mawile (Mawile-Mega) (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

And

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute/Roost
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

p cool mon for trapping and shitting on stuff like toxapex, ferro, tangrowth, etc. Anything is fine as long as its usable(perfs are BO and Balance) I guess lol.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm requesting a team based on the offensive core of Kartana Lele, with these sets in particular:

Tapu Lele @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Kartana @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut

Last edited:
Hello, I'm requesting a team based on the offensive core of Kartana Lele, with these sets in particular:

Tapu Lele @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Kartana @ Psychium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
Aurella you may be ontu something

Hey,
We all remember when Altaria was a good pick in ORAS which is definitly not the case in SM OU and I, and i'm sure many other players miss a lot this mon.

So you already have guessed I would like to have a team on this mega, I don't know the metagame enough to be able to build somethig solid but I just know that with Celesteela toxaflex and other shit it's almost impossible to sweep with the dd version and to do work with the megaphone fire blast version cuz there are a lot of free switch and it's slow af.
So I was thinking about the defensive set maybe in a semi stall or a balanced team, I'm sure you can finish with something competitive.

So this is the set I kinda want to use but you can completly change it if you fell like it's just too bad. I really like the idea of using a defensive version (physical or special) thought.
1535659266131.jpeg

-Body slam
-Heal bell / defog
-Roost
-Earthquake

Body slam because para is broken and this mon needs to be annoying and helps the team otherwise let's peak another mon right. I didn't put the evs etc cuz it depends on the team but that would be handsome if you can build a team with this. I think it's a good challenge for you guys as I don't see a lot of teams with this mon to say the least and it's not easy to build with this.

Sorry for bad english and thanks for your time :pimp:

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
cromagnet42 Itai20

Here's a pretty cool Mega Lopunny + Crawdaunt team that combined both of your requests and makes for a fun high paced team that can work against a slew of different playstyles. This team is primarily inspired by a similar type of build from The Hallows that I've liked using a lot for the last few weeks. Crawdaunt is the primary wallbreaker on this team, being able to dismantle bulkier teams built on defensive frameworks from Pokemon like Mega Latias and Toxapex while also providing situational use against BO in situations such as Torn uturning out of a Heatran or Magearna and coming in to take out a mon along with Aqua Jet's ruthlessly strong ability to revenge kill offensive threats. Aside from those 4 threats that make up the offensive core, the team finishes out with a solid defensive backbone of Tangrowth + bulky SR Garchomp to take on threats that the rest of the team couldn't quite deal with alone like Zygarde and Heatran. The lack of a bulky steel makes some mons like Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam irritating to deal with, but the offensive nature of this team makes sure that beating those mons is not an impossible task.
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 20 Def / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 96 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Hi there. I was wondering if I could get a team built around zygarde with a lure for tangrowth.

I was thinking:

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

I could save the z move for something to try and lure tangrowth.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Requesting a team around ReuniPex core.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
Idea: Pex puts Tspikes, and Reuni Toxic stalls or directly KOes opposing mons. I've tried to make builds around this core multiple times but they was really bad. I want to see some successful balance build around this core.

Requesting a team featuring offensive Landorus-Therian.

Everyone is hyping Defensive Scarf these days and standard Defensive remains commonplace. However, Offensive Z breaker sets see only 10% to 12% usage on the current ladder. Other techs like Earth Plate and Life Orb are even more rare. Due to the decreasing bulk among popular Lando spreads, offensive sets have an advantage. Also, a friendly reminder that this thing has no true counters.

Example:

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Gravity

This is just one example set but any offensive Lando with a different EV spread, Nature, moveset, item, etc is fine. Thanks!

extra spicy

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
-Sludge Wave / Stone Edge
-Knock Off

Ice kills glisc lando chomp zyg, fire kills steels. eq and knock are free to spam. wave kills tang and bulu but if u wanna kill zapdos and such then edge is better. nice meme

Hey guys,
Could you build me a Team around

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/Sub/Taunt
Would be very grateful, im sry that it is not a core, but im so bad at this . If possible, More a Balanced or BO Team than an Offensive, but the desicion is yours.

Requesting a stall team including Bronzong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong have an interesting typing, a great abilty, good defensive stats and has access to useful moves. I think Bronzong can be interesting in a stall team ! (You can change EVs and moves)

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Substitute

That Hydreigon team was pretty fire so now I'm adding Kyurem-B into the mix. My only condition is no hyper offense, but other than that having Kyurem-B's somewhat lack of defensive utility (resistance to most of the base types like Water and Grass is nice tho) would be interesting to incorporate into something like BO or balance which is kind of why I wanted to suggest Z-Freeze Shock Kyu-B in the first place (that and I can't teambuild if my life was on the line).

Kartana @ Fightinium Z / Grassium Z / Steelium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Golem-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Explosion/Stealth Rock/Stone Edge

I'd like a team to be built around Golem A along with Kartana; SD Kartana and Choice Scarf Golem A would be preferred but sets can be change :)

Labyrinth

click sprites for importable

SuperWumbology My initial idea was to pair Kyurem-B with Tapu Koko, as it can be a great pivot to bring it in while also giving speed control and a juicy boost to Fusion Bolt to help against Pokémon like Heatran. I wanted a sturdy defensive core so Gastrodon plus Mega Scizor immediately cane to mind, checking a plethora of threatening Pokémon in just two slots. Heatran gave me a reliable Stealth Rock setter as well as a switch in to Tapu Lele and lastly Tornadus-T makes up for the Kartana and Mega Medicham weakness and frees up a moveslot on Tapu Koko.

Hope you liked it. I know my last two teams were from your requests, but this isn’t bias. I tried building around three other Pokémon here but sometimes the Pokémon suggested are a little too unviable for me to make them work in all honesty.

note: click sprites for importable.
request by ayedan

team by lyd

Mega Latias was the starting point, thus Toxapex immediately came to mind as a teammate thanks to its ability to set up Toxic Spikes in order for Mega Latias to beat grounded Dark-types once set up. Celesteela is then the obvious pick, creating the infamous CelePex core that everyone loves. The next step is adding a Grass-type for Zygarde and Electric-types and Tapu Bulu was prefered to give the team a Dark-type resist and an Ash-Greninja check, which lets Toxapex be physically defensive to better handle Weavile and Tyranitar with conjuction with Celesteela. Now, the teams needs a dedicated wallbreaker, thus Heatran comes to mind as something that can pressure several teams especially with its Steelium Z set, that notably also tackles Hydreigon, as ungrounded Dark-types are a bit of a struggle for Mega Latias. Heatran also gives a Stealth Rock setter. To cap things off, the team was in need of some Speed so Landorus-T rounds it off nicely while also providing Defog. I hope you enjoyed the build :)

request by Kit10

team by Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus isn’t a part of the workshop building team, but I stumbled across this great team of his and asked for permission to share it here. It’s probably the best take on Mega Altaria I’ve ever seen this generation, the stall environment lets its unique typing shine a bit more and makes for a very well-contrusted team. All in all, thanks again for Eo for letting me share his team :)

That’s all for today, expect more teams soon!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Niftyyyy
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 104 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
Here's a pretty wonky team I made a couple days ago when trying to make a team around CB Bulu that didn't involve AV Magearna and this is what I came up with. When trying to build the team I wanted to make sure that I had all my bases covered against stall teams, so I added SR MegaTar to get rocks up against stall and Electrium Magnezone to weaken Mega Aggron to the point where it can't switch into anything or do stuff in general, if it doesn't faint altogether. Aside from those 3 main members, I added CelePex as the defensive backbone for the team, also acting as fallback check to a lot of the shit that bulu is supposed to check. Rounding out the team is a secondary Heatran check in Zygarde as well as a pretty decent win condition in WP, with Toxic Spikes crippling Tangrowth, and overall being a super good mon. Obviously, this team's counterplay against opposing Zygarde is really shaky, as I've gone a handful of games just praying that they stay in vs Tyranitar and let me Ice Punch them, but it usually works actually. Against Zygarde the gameplan is basically to get up tspikes as soon as possible and pressure it with aggressive ass double switches into bulu to force it out and rack up chip damage. Overall, the team is pretty fun and I'd certainly recommend using it. However, if you'd like to have a team that's more solid against Zygarde at the cost of being a bit worse off against bulkier teams, I would replace BuluZone for Helm Tang/Torn or some other similar composition.

note: click sprites for importable.
request by ZangetsuShin13

team by lyd

This is an edit of a team I had previously made. I originally wanted to build around Hydreigon and decided Mega Scizor was a great fit, taking on Psychic-types Hydreigon doesn’t quite cover. From there I added offensive Heatran as my Stealth Rock user while also helping with the Stall matchup considerably. Tangrowth covers Zygarde, Tapu Koko, and provides another check to Ash-Greninja. From there, an Ash-Greninja of my own paired nicely with Hydreigon forming a DarkSpam core and wearing down Hydreigon’s checks with Spikes. Lastly, Choice Scarf Landorus-T helps covering most physical attackers that Mega Scizor doesn’t cover while also providing Speed and Defog. It’s a pretty solid team I feel and I’ happy with the finished product. Your main weaknesses are Moltres Stall and Protean Greninja, but both are still manageable. Hope you enjoy the team :)

request by KuraiTenshi26

team by ABR

ABR isn’t a part of the workshop building team, but this is probably one of the best teams with FleurFocus SG CM Magearna out there. I can’t speak in behalf of ABR, but this team mostly makes use of the offensive core of Mega Alakazam and Shift Gear Magearna, as they pressure each other’s checks so one ends up paving the path for the other. Thanks once again for ABR to letting me share this :)

That’s all for today, expect more teams soon!

Last edited:
First and foremost, this thread has been pretty dead as of late, and despite me trying my best to actually get through all the requests, I think too much time has passed for that, so I’d like to revive this thread with a fresh slate. Undoubtedly though, there lies a problem with this idea: we have way too little active builders. Considering that SPL X is about to start we find it unlikely that new builders would be willing to join us. Kind user Leo then suggested me to have a brief hiatus while SPL X takes place and start fresh after the tournament is over with hopefully a much bigger roster.

Like so, this is exactly what we’re going to do. Emphasis should be put that we will decide who to add on out own, please don’t ask me to join the building team; If you’re deserving of it, we’ll approach you. Off I go, then, but soon we’ll be back with fresh new teams :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)