PU USM PU Ladder Tournament: Playoffs Round 2

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Megazard

Art borrowed from here and originally by RitterCat
Hello all, and welcome to the first USM PU ladder tournament! This ladder tournament is part of the ongoing PU Circuit, where the top players who have earned points from each tour duke it out for the coveted PU Ribbon!

Here's the format that we're going to use (from rozes' op from ORAS)

This tournament will consist of two stages, as follows:

Stage One
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The eight participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility we will need substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 9th and 10th people in each period and randomise them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #9 or #10, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 8 of a given cycle.

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

Stage Two
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the 32 top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified in (i.e. #1, #2 etc.) and the week they qualified, with the higher seed going to the player who qualified first. More information on format and rules are listed below.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

#1 Teddeh vs #17 EldinLanayru
#25 MartAlvarez vs #24 Jmash324
#29 Crying Lightning vs #13 akaFila
#28 Pepeduce vs #12 PILZ
#2 TJ vs #18 Vulpix03
#26 Megazard vs #10 Espeonage.
(winner of #3 HJAD vs #30 Skipkan) vs #19 Drud
#6 Ktütverde vs #11 OminousDraco

It is a bo3 match, replays are preferred but not required.

Bracket available here!

Deadline is Sunday the 21st of October 11:59am EDT (gmt -4)

Last edited:
For the first time, I will post my thoughts on these MUs :]

Teddeh (80) vs EldinLanayru (20)-> Teddeh is a great experienced player in this and other tiers. I think now he is in a great moment being at Quarterfinals of Grand Slam VII. I think it can win this easily.

MarAlvarez vs Jmash324 -> I am not able to say one or the other, I have seen only some matches of them.

Crying Lightning (60) vs akaFila (40) -> Although akaFila is a quite competent player in PU I truly think Crying Lightning is overcoming some great players and will reach semifinals at least.

Pepeduce (55) vs PILZ (45) -> I have to root for Pepeduce here. I cannot give strong arguments about my decision but Pepeduce many times can go through some bad moments although you did not expect this.

TJ (75) vs Vulpix03 (25) -> TJ is one of the greatest players right now in PU. I cannot see another result that a battle controlled by it.

Megazard vs Espeonage -> One battle that can be decided by the one that has a brighter day. Both of them have to play its own cards. I cannot say who will get the victory. A great series to watch !

HJAD (60) VS Drud (40) -> Another great series to watch, both of them are great well-versed players but HJAD is in a coup de grace moment.

Ktütverde (60) vs OminousDraco (40) -> Ktütverde has come from participating SM OU OLTs and I think that has a sticked prickle.

Recommended series to watch:

Megazard vs Espeonage
Hjad vs Drud

Just gonna say that opponent missed the time he proposed.
I did reply at the time he proposed so i get it if he wasn't sure if I'd play or not.
Opp can't play tomorrow and i can't guarantee anything for the weekend as festive season is going on and I have a lot stuff to cover.
Not calling act yet, But I'm not sure if i can battle on weekend and its already 50 mins past the proposed time.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Just gonna say that opponent missed the time he proposed.
I did reply at the time he proposed so i get it if he wasn't sure if I'd play or not.
Opp can't play tomorrow and i can't guarantee anything for the weekend as festive season is going on and I have a lot stuff to cover.
Not calling act yet, But I'm not sure if i can battle on weekend and its already 50 mins past the proposed time.
Okay I was expecting this when writing on ur profile.

Your availability isnt exactly what works for normal people who play in the weekend and work during workdays. I did answer yesterday after coming back from class and you just answered Today around 10.30pm ur time, despite saying u couldnt play after 10pm. Saw u online 3 hours ago, nice attempt to steal wins.

I was ok for playing yesterday and today, u blatantly logged in and ignored my proposal; I'mavailable more days than you are and could try to play any time you proposed except on friday's evening. If you dont make any effort irl I will ask for activity win, like cmon

Okay I was expecting this when writing on ur profile.

Your availability isnt exactly what works for normal people who play in the weekend and work during workdays. I did answer yesterday after coming back from class and you just answered Today around 10.30pm ur time, despite saying u couldnt play after 10pm. Saw u online 3 hours ago, nice attempt to steal wins.

I was ok for playing yesterday and today, u blatantly logged in and ignored my proposal; I'mavailable more days than you are and could try to play any time you proposed except on friday's evening. If you dont make any effort irl I will ask for activity win, like cmon
I wrote about all of it on the vms. And i still dont know how u r messing up my time zone. You wrote this msg at 11:29 pm my time. And u also say that u saw me online like 3 hrs ago. Ofc i was online 3 hrs ago. It was in my free time frame. And i still how u can play more days than me, Just use some basic math. ( I coulda easily played tue, wed, thurs, fri and u on other hand thurs (which u missed), sat, sun).

e: and about writing all that after 10 pm. Yes i cant play after that as i'm either sleeping or up doing my work. So seeing me online does not mean i can play that time. Its not that i cant come online. Its just that i can't play as i don't have my laptop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)