USM UU Ladder Tournament Discussion Thread

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Woah cool, I didn't know there was a thread like this :0 So here are the teams I used:

1) The first one was made by my fren yandaud , a fantastic player who refuses to join tournaments and has the tendency to slaughter all ladders. It' s a super cool team he gave me some months ago when I was still saying that UU was trash and that I would never play this tier again. Eventually, I laddered a lot with it (and the variations I made) because it's easy to use and just.... idk, it's unique.

un sagouin (Infernape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

klefkwi :3 (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

nudiste (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

il é bo (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Recover

sayrbayre (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

robin déboires (Decidueye) @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Basically, it's spikes+competitive milotic+spinblocker decidueye. Dueye is a cool pick for UULT cuz most ladder tryhards will be using stall and decidueye rarely shows respect for stall mons. Sub is just bad, it doesn't even make the stall MU muuuch better and makes dueye useless vs other playstyles, hence shadowsneak.

un sagouin (Infernape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

klefkwi :3 (Klefki) @ Shuca Berry
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

nudiste (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

il é bo (Slowbro) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Rest
- Scald
- Toxic

sayrbayre (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

robin déboires (Decidueye) @ Decidium Z
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

I changed the klefki set in order to handle krookodile and haxorus better, while slowbro replaced milotic cuz slowbro is just way better and helps pivoting+deal with the random stalls thanks to block. The team isn't perfect, but it was designed for laddering, and as you probably know, laddering without prepping for stall is a bad, very bad, terribly bad idea.

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Substitute

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Dazzling Gleam

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Uh oh. Well. Idk. Haven't played UU since the keldeo+weavile+megapert era, so I wanted to see if Blastoise was B rank worthy. The team follows the same structure, a bit random since I put krook over nido so terrakion destroys the team, it was just a fun version that is just fine, but that's it.

2) The second one: after one week of experimenting on the UU ladder I figured out (I'm super smart) that scizor is broken vs ladder players, so I made this team to get quickbattles while having fun with some weird sets, and it actually worked wonders. Sharpedo+spikes seem to be a good choice for laddering, I have no idea what tournament teams look like, but this is good vs ladder at least. It was supposed to be a troll team with mandibuzz but it turns out the big moma birb is broke... I don't have replays (I do have a few ones actually, but nothing really interesting). You can use icywind>wow on froslass, but wow helps a lot the teammates for setting up. Icywind is useful vs.. azelf ig, but ppl had given up using azelfs when I started using this team.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Overheat

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 48 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Mandibuzz @ Metronome
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Also, if you are that kind of dude who thinks that stealing a HO team and spamming it day and night, again and again, foreeeever, oh yeah!! Ok so I was saying that doing this is stupid, cuz once you will have beaten some opponents twice or thrice with the HO they will simply counterteam it, so don't get your hopes up, idt that it's possible to go from 1000 to 1800 with 1 team only (especially if it's an HO).

Thx for reading, feel free to use the teams. Huge thanks yandaud , keep helping me and encouraging me when it comes to playing UU. Also thanks UULT dudes for being nicer than in other tiers, I've seen so many "hf"s and "gg"s, even vs stall players, I wanna cry :'(

PS: why the f*** is it only top4 and not top8 like in other LTs?? Like cmon, it's depressing. Also, having 32 players instead of 16 =only 2 more weeks of playoffs :(-

Last edited:
I'm just tired of being top 4 the whole week and then getting kicked out of it in the last hour cause of my time zone and being timer stalled right b4 winning my game. It is so discouraging for me as a new player to this tier, like I know i am new but I just wanted some tour experience from this. It really killed my interest because people get really desperate during this ladder tour. I should be happy I gotten to 1800s and was in the top 6 but it's just a disappointment.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Just realized I'm the only person who posted teams although I just started playing UU a week ago. I don't know how to put it nicely but... I can understand hiding rooms is nice when laddering cuz there's always that one dude who will join your games and then proceed to cteam you (but he will hideroom it ofc). But like, smogon is first and foremost a place for discussing stuff and share, sh4re, ya know, giving somebody a thing that is yours without asking anything in return. So yeah, from what I've seen good players dont bother posting sample teams and not posting them here either. I don't get it, why would you play mons if you don't even bother sharing your experience, just go and win all the games you want thanks to expert team-hiding, you won't get money for it. I keep saying this over and over, especially in PU, where all teams are posted by less experienced players. If you are in the case where you don't want to post teams cuz you don't think they are good enough, don't worry, there's nothing to lose and that can still help newer players!

So I really want to say thanks Amane Misa for all this work!! I still like laddering from time to time and I wish people actually talked about ladder or stop considering as bullshit: if all good players just use one old sample team to get the laddering done, ladder quality is never going to improve. Also saying "hf" instead of waiting for ur oppo to do so makes games much more enjoyable :]

Ok sorry for the incovenience, have a a good day/night/evening/breakfast/nap, I'm leaving and not returning (not sure about this).

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am not going to try and qualify this week due to a lack of free time (I will not even have computer access from Thursday until the very end of this week's laddering period) and I am not gonna go pif mode and get to the 1900s, so might as well share two fun teams I used as a blessing for the participants who are still willing to qualify this week.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Meowstic @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Yawn
- Safeguard

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Grass Knot
- Shell Smash

Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Stomping Tantrum
- Seed Bomb

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Latias @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This team is pretty self-explanatory; get up hazards and screens and sweep. Useful for the lower- and mid-ladder.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-895542121

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Nidoking @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 160 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Swagger

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

I knew I wanted to build an offense with Hydreigon + Nidoking + Mega Sharpedo because this core can break the majority of the bulky teams out there. With the help of Choice Band Scizor + Spikes, the opposing hyper offense and stall matchup is pretty good too. Useful for the mid- and high-ladder, unless you feel like you can't outplay the stall matchup (which is totally understandable, as this team doesn't have a destinated stallbreaker).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-891700244

Good luck to the rest of the participants! I will still be updating this thread!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Like Misa I was unable to qualify this year. I did enjoy playing solid games against good players and testing out fun stuff on ladder. I will share some teams I used.

Capture.PNG

1) First off is an rmt made by CBU. Proper credit and shout-outs to his fire ass for this team that was made a year ago but is still good today. I won't explain this team you can just check out his rmt here

I then decided to make some changes to cbu's team to see how I liked them. I made 2 edited variations.

2) In my first edit all I did was change Terrakion from Z move to Sash and Scizor from Leftovers to Z move. I thought having a lead rocker would suit the team well and Scizor could allocate the Z move fine. Changing Terrak to Sash made stall a little harder to beat. Also with defensive Prima not being the most offensively threatening a lead rocker wasn't as good as I expected.

3) In this variation I made more changes. I took an team idea Accelgor shared with me, Superpower Nidoking + Z Aura Sphere Togekiss, and built around it based off of the cbu rmt. I changed Primarina to Togekiss and made Nidoking Superpower. I decided to switch Terrakion for Rocky Helmet Cobalion because Scizor looked like an issue for the team. You can easily go Chople Berry or Shuca Berry on Cobalion if you want to. Helmet is just nice for punishing banded Uturns.

4) Once I reached high ladder I dropped the BO and went for something more consistent. Semi stall has more offensive capabilities as stall and can manage more threats while also having an upper hand versus stall. I built around the Alo Bliss core because that is at the center of all stall teams. I chose Salazzle mostly because its both unexpected and disgusting. It abused Pokemon immune to Toxic with Corrosion which allows for me to break down teams quicker. Jellicent helps with the Suicune matchup as well as being able to punish Gligar with Taunt and Willow Wisp as Gligar is the only thing immune to Salazzle's Toxic. At this point I really needed role compression so Mega Steelix was the best option having both Ground and Steel typing and access to Stealth Rock. Lix also provides a check to CM Lati, Z Uturn Scizor, Bisharp, etc. Rest is for pp stall reasons. Lastly Crawdaunt was an issue and I needed defog and a Z move so Hydreigon was the perfect choice. I went with Steelium because catching Fairies off guard is fun and also Togekiss was an issue if it was Fightium or if it got all the hax and flinched my Lix to death so having the ability to lure it in was amazing. With this team you can't be afraid to make the big dick plays otherwise you can get run over by heavy offense.

5) This last team was just something I was testing but it ended up winning me like 5 games in a row so it's worth sharing. I saw someone using Stored Power Lati which I found interesting so I made a team. Essentially its CB Zor to pressure things with Pursuit plus Prima who does a good job of checking Hydreigon and Krookodile. Then rocks Krook with Papa berry to pressure steels and keep rocks up with Taunt. Scizor was an issue so I went with double fang maero. It's a set Rob used a while back and it's a lot of fun. And then the last slot was easy because of a weakness to Prima and Lati and a need for Defog I went with Empoleon. The team has some obvious weaknesses to stuff like Scizor and Terrak there are ways to outplay and its an enjoyable team to use.

Last edited:

Serpi

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
My account was UULT4 Hurensohn, I laddered with this double electric team I've been using for a while:
https://pokepast.es/8e84709f751f1ab8

Yawn Uxie was able to set up Rocks very consistently, even vs Stall as the use of multiple Defoggers is becoming increasingly rare. After that, most teams can't handle the voltswitch spam while Z-Water Crawdaunt leaves a dent in every team and is a solid check for Bisharp and Sharpedo. Crawdaunt gave me a very solid winrate vs Stall Teams as I was lucky enough to never encounter a single Pyukumuku Stall with this team.

In the end I encountered Carmin half an hour before the deadline, lost in an honestly great game and then lost vs a few midladder players on my last resort. I mean just look at this fucking heartbreak of a screenshot

I'm still proud of my run and of the fact that I was able to put my all into this - good luck to the qualified players, especially the Cycle 4 bois!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)