Other Metagames [USUM CAP] Flava

Flava

Introduction
When the Discussion of Jumbao and the concept assessment decide to Jumbao should be used in sun I was excited to see Sun teams often and viable however when Jumbao has implemented no one used, so I decided to make one starting the newest addition of CAP and hopefully show newcomers how Sun is in CAP.

Teambuilding

Jumbao was the first pick because of the newest addition of CAP. Jumbao has Drought so I decide to use it as the main setter which can be good with common leads like Fidgit, Tomohawk, and Ferrothorn thanks to that I can put sun easily and keeping the momentum. At the start, I decide to use Heat Rock which isn't a bad item for Jumbao, however, I wanted to make this team Offensive that's why I select Specs as Item
+

I decide to use Volkraken as a partner because of the typing of Jumbao which is Grass/Fairy making Jumbao weak to fire moves and Volkraken by typing can take those moves easily and Jumbao can help volkraken as well thanks can resist electric and ground types which can hurt volkraken. Also, Volkraken receives a boost thanks to the sun making Fire Blast much stronger. Volkraken Scarf is really good if you want to revenge kill Pokemon like Heatran, Aurumoth, Cawmodore, Volkraken, Magearna, and Koko.
+
+

Torkal is pretty obvious why is there, Is the main Sun Setter, Hazzard setter, and Our rapid spin user. Torkal can also take flying physicals attacks that Jumbao Can't resist like z Fly from landorus-therian which is extremely common in CAP.

+
+
+

Venusaur is our Sweeper and Speed control thanks to the combination of Growth plus Chlorophyll makes a good combo of speed and power. Venusaur can deal a lot of damage when it gets +2 in Spa thanks of the Strong STAB move it has which is Solar Beam, almost killing everything that isn't steel or flying with a nice movepool which can cover the weakness of poison types like Mollux which can't live one +2 attack Earthquake from venusaur.
+
+
+
+

I decide to put zygarde here because cover the weakness of the team which is heatran or any bulky fire pokemon which most of them dies versus zygarde, but it also serves as a Physical sweeper thanks of Dragon dance making a strong physical sweeper where the only that can stop it are Ferrothorn and Tomohawk but thanks of the Sun Volkraken can kill it easily.
+
+
+
+
+

Mega-Houndoom is the last pokemon and I decide to use it because of the power has with Fire Blast can OHKO chansey, Pyroak and Toxapex once you got the boost from Nasty Plot and if the rocks are in the field. Houndoom also helps to deal with Latios and Latias which can resist any move expect Moonblast from Jumbao and having Mega Houndoom in the back when you don't have Jumbao to deal with Bulky Dragon-types which are Pajantom, latios and laitas and all die by a Dark Pulse.

Individual Looks

Jumbao @ Choice Specs

Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Flame Burst

- Focus Blast
Jumbao is one of the strongest and newest CAP in the metagame so I decide to use something of pure power Solar Beam and Moonblast are strong STAB moves which deal a lot of damage to your opponent because Solar Beam is a strong move that can deal a ton of dagame to water pokemon like Arghonaut, Kingdra and volkraken which can be difficult to deal. Moonblast is great because one of the most used Pokemon in CAP is Tomohawk and Moonblast with Specs guarantee the OHKO and with that kill you can set-up more easy with zygarde. Flame Burst helps you to deal with Ferrothorn which is one of the most used hazard setters in the whole metagame and Flame Burst can also help deal with Celesteela but isn't that important because you have Houndoom and Volkraken in your back. And for last we have Focus Blast which is exclusive for Heatran.

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]

- U-turn
Volkraken allows to be faster and having another speed control but at this time Volkraken can be faster without the sun and still doing a decent amount of damage and cleaning weakened pokemon because it gets Fire Blast and Hydro Pump as STAB moves. Also, the sun can benefit Volkraken as well. Hidden Power Grass is to hit Water absorb pokemon like Gastrodon which Isn't a problem but it helps when are you fighting versus him and it guaranteed OHKO Scarf Greninja which can be hard to deal because is faster than the other pokemon of the team but Greninja can't kill Volkraken thanks of the decent bulk volkraken has. For last is U-Turn which give us the abillity to pivot.

Torkoal @ Heat Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
Lava Plume -
Toxic -
Rapid Spin -

Stealth Rock -
Torkoal is our Sun setter and hazzard setter that allows taking physical hits that can be dangerous like Fly z from landorus therian, Stone edge from Tapu bulu, etc. Toxic is for damage and pressure Yawn can also be an option but I prefer using toxic because it forces a switch to. chansey, Rapid spin is for hazard control and Lava plume as a move to hit common leads and hopefully get a burn in certain matchups like zygarde which can resist Fire moves but once it gets burn isn't a big problem for the team.

Venusaur @ Life Orb

Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam

- Earthquake
Venusaur is the sweeper and Speed control of this team. Growth allows the boost of the special attack and physical attack, plus the boost of Chlorophyll makes venusaur scarier than before. Sludge Bomb helps dealing with fairy types like Clefable, Azumarill, Kerfflufle, etc. Solar Beam does a good damage to water pokemon like Arghonaut which can take really well Arghonaut and it won't be Choiced locke. For the last, we have Earthquake which is for Mollux and Heatran because they can wall all the team but won't live one Earthquake that's why Venusaur has a Mild nature and not a modest nature because a modest nature won't be that useful.​

Zygarde @ Leftovers

Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

- Protect
Zygarde is the Mollux and Heatran check. Substitute allows to set up in passive pokemon like Ferrothorn or Chansey, Dragon Dance is for boost attack and speed making it scary after 3 boosts. Thousand Arrows is for hitting Mollux and Heatran but can also hit Skarmory and celesteela which eliminate the flying type making it weaker for last is protect which is for recover damage after substitute. But Extreme speed can also work because the priority can work killing faster things like Tapu Koko Scarf, Greninja Scarf, +2 Aurumoth, etc.

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite

Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

- Sludge Bomb
Houndoom is a strong wallbreaker in the Sun and one of the Megas that can take advantage of the sun using the ability Solar Power that rise the SpA but you lose 12% of health in every turn that the sun is there, at first sounds bad but the boost of Solar Power plus the nasty plot makes Houndoom-Mega a scary wallbreaker doing Fire Blast hits around 80% of damage to chansey and Toxapex which are stronger walls. Dark Pulse is for dealing with Latios, Latias and Pajantom which are bulky dragons that can take easily moves from Volkraken and Venusaur but won't live a Dark Pulse. For last is Sludge Bomb which is for coverage of hitting fairies that can take a hit of Dark Pulse and not risk the miss of Fire Blast or when the sun isn't in the field.
Treats

+

Sand: with this, I'm going to refer notoriously to Excadrill which can kill everything in the team with earthquake and Iron head and in order kill it I have to sacrifice one of my setters and then use Volkraken to revenge kill it however the opponent can just simply change into hippodown and put sand and then use excadrill and then I lost volkraken or another pokemon.

+

Bulky fire Pokemon: While this team has a check which is zygarde bulky fire pokemon still a problem to the team mollux can take any hit to expect ground attacks the same thing for Heatran but the issue here is that they can just kill everything or resist everything in the team. Mollux can take a hydro pump from volkraken and gets healed with that. Sure Dry skin will be bad for mollux in this situation but he still can recover health. For heatran the hydro pump won't kill in sun

Hawlucha: This pokemon outspeed everything and kill everything because of acrobatics deal a ton of damage Jumbao and Venusaur, High Jump kills volkraken, Houndoom and zygarde. The only answer I have is Torkoal but Lava plume don't kill and Hawlucha can simply just set-up and Torkoal will die with the rest of the team.
Conclusion
This team is very offensive and fun to use it has its flaws but overall does the job of being a solid Sun team and shows how Jumbao can impact in the Sun archetype. And it gives me the happyness of doing a lot of damage with one of my favorites types in the metagame and was nice to use other weather than Rain. If you have any suggestion let me know.​

Shoutouts
- Jho for being one of the best Builder in the metagame
- Gross Sweep for encouraging me to do a RMT
- HeaLnDeaL for encourage me to be involved in CAP even when my English is bad
- EpicUmbreon29 really nice friend <3
- snake_rattler really nice battler and always pushing me to the next level
- mxmts For being a good support in my projects (Gracias por las traducciones :3)
- Heaven Jay and reachzero Best CAP players imo
- Birkal Best CAP mod I have ever met
- And of course everyone in the CAP community

Jumbao @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Moonblast
- Flame Burst
- Focus Blast

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Mild Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)