DOU USUM Doubles OU Summer Seasonal Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard USUM Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:
  • Snorlax
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
  • Eevium Z
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Power Construct

HOW TO SCHEDULE

Pairings:

Winners' Bracket
SMB
vs Demantoid
talkingtree vs AuraRayquaza
The Cheesen One vs Mint16
EmbCPT
vs Memoric

Losers' Bracket
Nido-Rus
vs emiforbes
MajorBowman vs Sasa
Croven vs Level 51
Vallex vs frisoeva

For transparency, here is the bracket: https://challonge.com/usumsummerssnl

Deadline is Monday, July 2, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4)

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are some really great matches this round so do me a favor and POST WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING SO WE CAN TRY TO STREAM IT K THANKS

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Predictions because they're fun:

SMB vs Demantoid - close one, but Demantoid's been on a tear between this and Smogon Doubles Tour and SMB has had a pretty easy run up until now so I think he could stumble. Highlight of the week imo, really looking forward to watching this
talkingtree vs AuraRayquaza - lol I'm not predicting my own match
The Cheesen One vs Mint16 - a very impressive DPL, DLT, and solid first few rounds here, it's tough to predict against Mint in pretty much any scenario. Still far from one-sided
EmbCPT vs Memoric - If Edu can make it to g3, I think he takes this one. In his sets against Vallex and emiforbes, his g3 performances were stellar. On the other hand, Memoric tends to bring teams that can nab quick wins, so if he gets a couple solid matchups, the series could fairly easily go his way. Should be a fun series to watch

Nido-Rus vs emiforbes - I think the outcome of this set is pretty dependent on what Nido-Rus decides to bring. Nido has a lot of ideas of varying quality; if he takes the right ones his opps tend to get swept up, and he tends to have a pretty decent grasp on how aggressively to play. With some of the more out there ideas though, I think it will be easy enough for emilio to play his own game and take it.
MajorBowman vs Sasa - Sasa is commonly underestimated, but even accounting for that, this series leans in Jake's favor because I think he knows how to play around the gimmick-ier teams that Sasa sometimes opts for and having this be bo3 instead of bo1 works to his benefit.
Croven vs Level 51 - UR mons go. If I'm being honest, I'm partly predicting this because I want more weeks of watching Level 51 bring up assorted UR mons that I had previously considered *very* UR and showing them off. Tough to guage here, I think Croven might have a slight edge in playing but 51 is a far more adaptable teambuilder as we all know where Croven's teams are coming from and it's not his own brain. Comes down to whether 51's UR mons are enough of a handicap that Croven can take advantage. This is my other highlight of the week.
Vallex vs frisoeva - Out of the 16 names left in the tour, I think frisoeva is the biggest surprise, with this being the only DOU tour he's stepped up in. That surprise factor helped him past GenOne, Akaru Kokuyo, and miltankmilk, though he had to get pretty lucky in the latter; however, at this point the surprise has worn off and Vallex, another relative newcomer, won't underestimate him.

We should bring predictions back to these, can't remember the last time I saw them in ssnl but I think it's interesting to hear other people's opinions of where everyone stands.

Winners' Bracket
SMB
vs Demantoid - get mished demantoid
talkingtree vs AuraRayquaza - Tree is just a better player and not likely to lose to whatever arays flavor of the month is. Hint: its zard y and diancie.
The Cheesen One vs Mint16 - Cheesen One built the weirdest teams I've ever seen in DPL and this will allow him to defeat whatever mint finds in DPL logs and replays.
EmbCPT vs Memoric - I predict memo gets luckier in this otherwise close series.

Losers' Bracket
Nido-Rus vs emiforbes - I think this is a very close series but I see emiforbes as the more consistent player and the more likely to win 2 games despite whatever concoctions Nido brings.
MajorBowman vs Sasa - Bowman is good at pocket monsters and uses good pokemon like Gardevoir.
Croven vs Level 51 - this prediction is based on my assumption Croven has not found a new team since i gave him one last month.
Vallex vs frisoeva - Big believer in Vallex's ability as a player, vamos hippos.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)