Tournament USUM Mix and Mega Cup (Won by Andyboy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Last edited:

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
sorry for being so slow after the last game, I was trying to be healthy the last few days

Round 5
Andyboy vs queso
The deadline for finals is 5/9 at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Reminder that replays are required!
I'd prefer if you got it done sooner than that, though ;w;

Last edited:
Won ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-1336382810-xrsfm18afpjh7yqhilzodysffedvn4epw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-1336392761

feels nice to finally win an individual mnm tour especially since it's in the gen I fell in love with and grinded endless hours on; I was reminded of some really great memories through some of the teams I used this tour and I think that's what makes a classic circuit like this so great.
s/o to Gmansour20 for constantly being so supportive and always cheering me on in all the tours I enter regardless of how I do.

I wanted to make at least one new team for the tour and after in the hills brought a team using the gen 8 mnm staple Ampharosite Blissey, I realized how this could actually be a pretty great tool in the gen 7 meta as well because a lot of teams rely on Magic Bounce to keep rocks off while also running very rocks weak teams. Blissey can defensively answer a few special threats but its main job is to get Stealth Rock early and harass common defoggers like Mandibuzz and bulky Arceus. Kartana is the primary partner as it is a great offensive Fairy resist and is dramatically more threatening with rocks on the field. I won't go too in depth with the rest of the team since a lot of it was just trying to shore up the defenses or add a bit of speed control but I will say I think the team uses a lot of underrated mons like Red Orb Mew, Pinsirite Zeraora, Kartana, and Ampharosite Blissey very effectively so it's one of the more unique recent builds i've made. One thing i've noticed is no Ground type can be annoying for dealing with Volt Switch but if you really want to block that you can always use umega'd Zeraora in important situations. Slowbro can also be stretched too thin if you aren't careful so be sure to use Lunala wisely and preserve its Shadow Shield and Z move to help take some of that defensive checking responsibility off of Slowbro's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)