Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there PandaTTT - got your Turtonator squad right here.

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Slush Rush
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Turtonator was a very interesting mon to build around, especially with more prominent Shell Smashers mainly Omastar and Carracosta gaining more popularity, so I took on the challenge of building a balance team utilizing Arnuld as much as I could. Seeing that you didn't want to utilize webs or screens, which I don't even like using myself so this made my life much easier, I knew the main things i needed were momentum, hazards, and removal while also providing some backup wincons in the event that Turtonator doesn't manage to clean up late game. To start, I added Silvally-Fairy. Originally this was Parting Shot with Defog, but as the team came together there was no backup wincon in the event that Turtonator couldn't clean so the set was changed to Swords Dance to better wear down special walls like Audino and Type: Null which can sponge Turtonator's attacks while still proving momentum with U-Turn. Next I added Gurdurr as it not only provided another wincon, but it also acts as a Normal-check to mons like Kangaskhan and Stoutland as well as preventing Lycanroc from just going in at +2, though be cautious of Zen Headbutt variants. Next, I knew I wanted to complete the Voltturn core with something slow and bulky enough to take special attacks. AV Eelektross was considered for this reason, but I ultimately decided on AV Lanturn instead mainly due to the fact that ti provided the team with a better response to Omastar as it did resist Water which Eelektross doesn't. HP Grass deals with Omastar, Carracosta, Quagsire, and Gastrodon quite nicely and Lanturn won't miss out on being unable to deal with Ferroseed since the first 3 mons can do that no problem. Next thing that was needed was some added Speed control as the team was relatively slow and the matchup against Hail was looking a bit worrysome. Originally I had Scarf Skuntank with Memento to ease the setup oppurtunity for Turtonator, but because of the team's lack of a good hail response, this was changed to Scarf Alolan Sandslash instead (Gurdurr can also check hail, but never hurts to have a backup response). This slot provided many things: a Normal-check, Hail check, removal with Rapid Spin, and a means of checking Flying-types such as Dodrio and Oricorio as well as outspeeding opposing Alolan Sandslash under hail. Lastly the team needed some Stealth Rock support and while Regirock and Mudsdale were solid options, I decided to settle for Claydol. This may be weird, but Claydol provides another Fighting check, and a Ground immunity which the team didn't have. I honestly like offensive variants of Claydol here as defensive felt too weak in practice and getting the edge against opposing Stealth Rockers like Regirock and Mudsdale were very fun do chip away with. This also explains the last slot on Claydol being Grass Knot. With Alolan Sandslash having Rapid, Claydol didn't need to spin at all and it helps against Carracosta and Omastar trying to setup on Claydol knowing it can stomach an Earth Power and easily deals with both, but even if it deosn't Gurdur can revenge kill both with Mach Punch. If you feel the matchup against Fighting types is a bit too much, you could change Claydol to be a bit bulkier with an EV spread of 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe Modest nature to take hits better while still outspeeding Modest Omastar. Hope you enjoy the team and have fun dropping Dracos!
TONE, you've built me I think 3 or 4 teams now and I can't say I've been disappointed. This, however is easily my favorite. I've been wanting to use VallyFairy as an SD sweeper for a while, so that's a massive bonus! Thanks a lot.

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off

Hi, I'm going to ask you for a team with subthroh that I've seen some games with him but I haven't been able to find a synergy in a team with him

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off

Hi, I'm going to ask you for a team with subthroh that I've seen some games with him but I haven't been able to find a synergy in a team with him
Hi Sir Amphy - Ktütverde built two Throh squads for tlenit just in late May, the first of which is still legal. I recommend testing that one: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...pen-for-requests.3618604/page-10#post-8137243. In the meantime, if there is something else you'd like us to build around, feel free to make that request.

well then I am going to ask you for a semistall / stall team of a core quagsire and I will leave the rest at your discretion

Quagsire (M) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Curse / Waterfall
- Earthquake

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic / Defog / Heal Bell

Reactions: gum

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really wanted mawile before, but I think it was straight up trash at the time and ferroseed dropping and the meta flux made building... wierd

Can I have a team that abuses:

Jynx lefty's on spikes with
Sub
Lovely kiss
Psychic/psyshock
Ice beam/focus blast

The goal to annoy sleep switch ins/outs with sub spikes if played right with 2 layers You don't need to make the risky play of NP and not losing to dark coverage(sucker/pursuit) instead You can stack 50/50's while keeping jynx long term and have an annoying rain "check"

Definitely want kanga fake-out and also a vested eel

Willing to take a team slot/move sub,but I think the overall idea is understood, but I haven't been able to make a half tolerable team since the mesprit rise.
hi i have your team!
s/o tom holland for helping with the build

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute

Kangaskhan @ Normalium Z
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake-Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Mudsdale @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
Starting with Jynx, Kangaskhan and Eel as requested meant that the next step was selecting the spiker. I felt that Qwilfish was a better choice than Froslass or Ferroseed since the initial core was very vulnerable to fighting types. It also gave the team a grounded poison type, which was important for controlling toxic spikes which annoyed Jynx and Kangaskhan a lot. The next step was the mandatory rocker slot, and since Lycanroc and rock types in general were big threats it made Mudsdale an obvious choice. The team is very reliant on spikes as a win condition so the last slot had to be a spinner as well as a scarfer. Sandslash-Alola made more sense than something like Kabutops since the team struggled with opposing Sandslash-Alola in hail, while also forming an ice spam core with Jynx.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hey, I would like to see a team built around CM Drampa, as I find it to not be as reliant on prediction as the Specs one, despite the latter's higher initial firepower. I would prefer a more offensive team, as bulkier teams are often huge momentum sinks for me.
Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Berserk
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Hyper Voice
Thanks!
Hey Demon Dragon - I think Specs Drampa is more suited for offense in general while sets with CM fit better on constructs closer to balance, but I've got your CM Drampa team for you here nonetheless! I modified the EV spread you provided in your request a bit so that it could safely live the 2HKO from Timid Victreebel's Sludge Bomb + SR + poison damage while still hitting that same speed benchmark. As a nice bonus, this spread enables Drampa to Roost through Mudsdale's uninvested Earthquake. Hope you enjoy!

CM Drampa Bulky Offense
Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Psychic

Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 72 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Hitmonchan (M) @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Revelation Dance

Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge

I tend to use Choice Specs over Calm Mind most of the time, but after watching Ktütverde mess around with CM Berserk and trying to activate Berserk via Flame Orb (this tech doesn't actually work!), I also decided to test with CM Drampa and was pleasantly surprised. This team seeks to force CM Drampa's checks in one by one by setting up with other powerful wincons like SubCM Oricorio-G and LO SS Carracosta, which paves the way for a late-game win with Drampa. From early- to mid-game, you'll mostly be using Drampa as a means of pivoting into Ferroseed, Tangela, Victreebel, Eelektross, etc., and it's got Roost to boot, so it'll be around for the long haul, answering those until it's time to boost via CM. This brings me to my next addition:

What's a Pokemon that thrives once it no longer has to worry about being walled or checked by Pokemon like Tangela, Ferroseed, Victreebel, Eelektross, Jellicent, Lanturn, etc.? Mixed Carracosta. That's pretty much the driving concept behind this team. Drampa uses these mons as setup fodder and protects Costa via Sap Sipper, while in return, Carracosta can pivot into some of Drampa's checks like Alolan Sandslash (especially Scarf Slash) and Silvally-Fairy (assuming no Thunderbolt) and set up Shell Smash in their faces thanks to its usable bulk. Omastar would also fit here probably, but the idea behind Carracosta over Omastar was to sweep, even through Scarf Primeape via Costa's +2 LO Aqua Jet:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 247-292 (91.1 - 107.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
You also outpace Hitmonchan's Mach with a faster Aqua Jet post setup, forcing it to eat a big hit:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 199-235 (82.5 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 199-235 (72.8 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 199-235 (65.6 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Taking out Primeape with Carracosta relieves some of the offensive pressure on Drampa, which is conducive to setting up Calm Mind. Life Orb > Waterium Z here, because of the above calc (you would have to fish for ~30% chip on Primeape otherwise for that calc to happen...).

Additionally, Life Orb Hydro Pump is really nice for taking out Gurdurr, so Drampa, Alolan Sandslash, and Hitmonchan can breathe a little more freely:
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Carracosta Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 305-360 (81.5 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Carracosta in combination with CS Alolan Sandslash and offensive Hitmonchan provide the team with enough counterplay to big threats like Stoutland, Kangaskhan, and Dodrio.

At this point in the building process, I didn't have a switch-in for Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, or Primeape, so the next couple of additions were really about supporting Drampa and Carracosta defensively. SubCM Z Oricorio-G is pretty much the team's MVP: it checks Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, prevents Primeape from locking into CC, is the team's secondary check to Victreebel and other Grass-types that might otherwise destroy Carracosta... the list goes on. But, what it's mainly here for is to bring fat Pokemon like Alolan Sandslash, Lanturn, Regirock, Eelektross in on threat of its boosted Hurricane and then to KO them via its boosted Revelation Dance; Drampa appreciates Alolan Sandslash being KOed by Revelation Dance; Carracosta no longer has to worry about bulky Lanturn as much once that's been weakened; Claydol appreciates Oricorio-G taking out Skuntank for it with Hurricane; Hitmonchan no longer has to worry about how to break past Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Mudsdale, etc.

At this point, my counterplay to a more offensive Mudsdale was shaky (TONE recently changed the on-site analysis spread for this to max Speed Adamant, so it's faster than neutral-natured Carracosta now), and I also didn't have SR or a Lycanroc switch-in. I was also looking for a second Fighting check, leading me to pick Claydol. This counters Thunder Punch / Stone Edge Hitmonchan nicely, but it still has to watch out for the Ice Punch variant that is becoming more common. This provides you with a good volt stop for when Lanturn or Eelektross try to pick up momentum against Carracosta or Oricorio-G, but for the most part, this add is pretty self-explanatory, as it's mostly glue here and shares good synergy with its teammates.

Seeing a growing weakness to Froslass, Jynx, Abomasnow (either Shard or Scarf), and Scarf Aurorus, the team's lack of entry hazard control, and how slow the team was overall so far, I decided to use Choice Scarf Alolan Sandslash to patch these issues. Scarf Iron Head is a really cool way to take out Froslass turn 1, as a lot of people still go for Wisp instead of scouting for Scarf (be careful though, 248 HP Lass lives Iron Head no matter what). Alolan Sandslash pulls overtime in checking Flying-types for the team too, especially Oricorio-E and SD Dodrio. If Claydol is down and Carracosta isn't healthy enough to live Accelerock, Alolan Sandslash can also act as an impromptu check to Lycanroc. Similarly, if Silvally-Fairy is proving difficult to remove, this outspeeds and KOes with Iron Head when Silvally-Fairy is at roughly 65% HP or less. Lastly, Alolan Sandslash forms an entry hazard setting and removal core with Claydol, though spinning with this successfully can be unreliable at times.

Lastly, the team was pretty weak to boosted threats, namely Omastar, and if I mispredicted with Alolan Sandslash, playing against Hail comps could still be pretty rough, too. At the same time, there wasn't much on the team with immediate breaking potential yet (this breaker slot would normally go to Drampa, but the request asked for CM). So, I went for offensive Hitmonchan. Once Hitmonchan reveals Thunder Punch, you can then lure in targets weak to Ice Punch (ex. Victreebel, Oricorio-E, Claydol, Golurk, and Mudsdale). Moving in the opposite direction, once you reveal Ice Punch, then targets weak to Thunder Punch will be used to switch into Chan, like Jellicent and Qwilfish, letting you take out two notable Taunt users that might stop a Carracosta sweep prematurely.
You can easily run Adamant Choice Band, or Adamant Life Orb here if you don't care about creeping Skuntank, Stoutland, and other base 80s for sure - decreasing its Speed and increasing its Attack enables Hitmonchan to 2HKO SpDef Clefairy and Def Gastrodon on the switch, as well as OHKO -1 Omastar with Mach Punch:

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Hitmonchan Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gastrodon: 210-247 (49.2 - 57.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 164-194 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Omastar: 276-326 (98.2 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Hitmonchan was the most variable slot here, as there are a few more Omastar checks that are worth a shout (ex. the team below shows bulky Eel over Chan against TJ). You can also run Gurdurr here, but if you do, I'd definitely go Specs Drampa over CM, and perhaps bulky Sensu to account for having lost a Victreebel switch-in in that case. Anyway, enjoy the team!

vs TJ https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-962456459

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
S/O to 2xTheTap and Specs for the feedback throughout the process!

Sir Pin here's your team around Kecleon and Qwilfish!

Kecleon Spikes Offense

I'm also a pretty big Kecleon fan myself, with its ability to soft check so many mons like Manectric, Simisear, and Jynx and create mind games with Protean. However, the set I'd recommend is a setup set with Power-Up Punch (over Sucker Punch). This makes Kecleon hit decently hard and allows it to fully utilize Spikes. Kecleon also has the cool niche of being able to block Rapid Spin with Shadow Sneak. Next up is the other mon you requested, Qwilfish. Qwilfish is able to help the rest of the team with its hazards while helping with mons like Gurdurr. I'd say Destiny Bond is generally a better option than Toxic Spikes at the moment, being able to take out threats like Eelektross and Victreebel, but you can go Toxic Spikes if you really want that hazard stack. But when hazards come to mind, two things often come along with them- Stealth Rock and a Spin Blocker. Because of this, Golurk fit the spot perfectly. Gurdurr was added as a way to check physical mons that overwhelm Qwilfish such as Lycanroc and Stoutland, while also providing priority. I'm personally a fan of having at least one Toxic user on every team, but Bulk Up is still a fine option for a backup setup mon. The last two slots would require a lot of role compression between a Rapid Spinner, a Scarfer, a hail check, and checks to other types like ground and water. That's why I decided to add in Choice Scarf Alolan Sandslash due to its role compression. Finally, the team seemed a little slow, and with the remaining weaknesses a Grass-type seemed perfect. That's why I went with Simisage, with the Nasty Plot set, rather than mixed, so it could have the ability to break through physically defensive mons that otherwise would give the team trouble.
Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch / Power-Up Punch

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes / Destiny Bond

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Toxic / Bulk Up

Simisage @ Normalium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Beam
- Nasty Plot

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
RahelGamer09 sorry it took so long but here is the Omastar + Dodrio team you requested!

First, a quick rundown on the Omastar set. Endure + Weak Armor is meant to lure scarfers that would normally revenge +2 Omastar such as Primeape or Dodrio. Z Hydro Pump can nuke basically everything in the tier bar immunities like Jellicent. With the two of these techs, you have a way of luring both offensive and defensive counter measures to Omastar. Now on to the rest of the team. When I first started trying to build this I was trying to make some Qwilfish/Froslass HO. However each variation I made using these Spikers made for some huge weaknesses to common meta threats such as Eelektross and Victreebel which I couldn't manage to patch up with the last 3 members. Instead, I opted for Ferroseed which can provide more longevity than our other Spikers and also compress the Stealth Rocker role, freeing up more teambuilding flexibility. I ended up with kinda a weird set using a lot of Spdef and Endeavor. What this helps with is keeping Ferro from not being as passive as it could be and also luring Eelektross ( which is quite annoying for the offensive core). Rocky Helmet Victreebel and Sub Iapapa Sensu cover the fighting type weakness while still keeping up offensive pressure. Timid Victreebel is nice for outspeeding/speed tying other Victs as well as outspeeding Adamant Stoutland. Sensu is the much needed Victreebel resist as well as a decent spinblocker than can mind game Sandslash-A and Hitmonchan. Sub Iapapa is a really threatening breaker and is a nice crutch to ease how prediction reliant standard Sensu sets end up being. Hitmonchan ties the rest of the team together, with Rapid Spin + covering the few weak spots like Simisear, Aurorus, Lycanroc, and Dark types.

Omastar @ Waterium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Jump Kick
- Pursuit

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Endeavor

Victreebel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Strength Sap

Oricorio-Sensu @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hurricane

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Hope you enjoy the team:blobthumbsup: and again sorry it took so long :pirate:

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello esteemed PU builders!

I'd like an bulky offense team with the following Silvally-Fairy and Alolan Persian core:

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with, thanks in advance to whoever builds this!

Dearest royesk,

I've had the pleasure to build a team for you in collaboration with the teambuilding team. The team is a bulky offence team as requested and is quite reliable albeit the unusual combo Silv-F + Persian-A have together. Hope you enjoy it.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn / Parting Shot / Zen Headbutt

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Frost @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This team is pretty fun and effective to play with. The build of the team is premised on giving the most favourable opportunity for either Silv-F or Persian-A to sweep.

The offensive combo of Persian-A and Silvally-F is interesting albeit awkward. Pokemon that counter Persian-A’s sweeps are usually Silvally-F weak which provides it effective set-up opportunities. This also applies vice versa where defensively strong mons like Metang, Qwilfish, Mudsdale and Regirock that all effectively counter Silvally-F are set up bait to an extent for Persian-A. The special/physical offensive combo is also nice + the Parting Shot/U-turn is helpful to offensively pressure teams.

Metang + Jellicent form the backbone of this team where they together blanket check a lot of the tier. Most importantly, Jellicent provides the team with a secondary and more effective check to fighting types and physically offensive mons and Metang provides a nice way to check Normal, Fairy, Flying, Ice and Rock Types while providing rocks and checking Vic. Jellicent also acts as a spinblocker and stall breaker with taunt and it does this quite effectively. They also are immune to fighting, normal (bar scrappy) and poison types together which is a nice set of immunities coupled with its great defensive resistances.

Rotom-F provides an effective way to remove hazards through defog. I specifically chose defog over rapid spin as my chosen way to remove hazards because spikes could threaten this team effectively. Rotom-F is a secondary check to birds and blizzards and applies offensive pressure on mons who set hazards like Mudsdale, Froslass and Regirock. Rotom-F can also wisp on incoming Hitmonchan which also helps Persian-A to sweep late game.

Aurorus was chosen as the scarfer specifically to target opposing weather teams namely rain and sun and it does so very effectively. See this replay against sun: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-960178929 . Moreover, Aurorus helps the team by being a late game cleaner and setting up hail for Rotom-F to enjoy clicking unmissable blizzards.

Overall, I enjoyed building this team and I hope you find it effective.

I'd like to request a bulky offense fire pledge, water pledge, grass pledge team pls this is what I have so far
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Fire Spin
- Agility
- Flame Burst
- Fire Pledge

Greninja-Ash @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Pledge
- Water Shuriken
- Facade

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Grassy Terrain
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam

Comfey
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Floral Healing
- Solar Beam
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
Uh, none of these Pokemon are PU, sir. Besides that, that seems far too gimmicky to be made in any teambuilding lab.
MZ edit: this is correct, I would go to an OU thread not a PU thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Drampa @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Requesting a team that has this Drampa set I like. Its a wallbreaker set like Choice Specs but it has some longevity with roost. Dragonium Z is busted like usual so have fun trying to wall this thing without a Carbink.

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Requesting a team based around Zangoose.
Hi HiddenPower23,

I built you a team based on your request of Toxic Orb Zangoose. This team has capitalises on momentum to enable Zangoose and Victreebel to dismantle the defensive cores of opposing teams and allow Dodrio to clean late game.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- U-turn

Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 12 Def / 56 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Strength Sap
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Pursuit

: I started this team off with Silvally-F because I remembered that 2xTheTap posted a core of Zangoose + Silvally way back in October 2017 which you can find here (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-good-cores.3613016/page-2#post-7562618). Fortunately, the core is still relevant in 2019 because it works! Silvally-F resists the pesky fighting types that hinder Zangoose’s wallbreaking with Mach Punch. Additionally, it absorbs the Knock Off aimed at either Zangoose or Eelektross which is super helpful because it allows the aforementioned mons to function more effectively with their item. Silvally-F provides utility with Defog which Zangoose and Dodrio really appreciate given that they need to be healthy to ensure their longevity on their field. Silvally’s also provides fast momentum with U-turn. U-turn was chosen over Parting Shot to punish Regirock and Metang who may attempt to block parting shot with their ability Clear Body. Flamethrower was chosen to deal with Ferroseed and Victreebel more effectively.

: I added Eel to capitalise on Zangoose’s wallbreaking capabilities by bringing it in through slow momentum which allows the Goose to activate its Toxic Orb. Eel is bloody good in general and acts as the team’s general special blanket check and momentum generator. Moves are standard. 30 IVs were used to be slower than opposing Eels and ensure that it is always the slower volt-turner. Eel importantly acts as the teams dedicated bird check – without it the Oricorio’s pressure the team.

: At this point the team needed Stealth Rock and was weak to hail, normal types like Stoutland and Kanga, Rock-types including Aggron and Lycanroc and generally lacked a physically defensive mon. Metang was chosen because it provides a reliable way to check Normal, Fairy, Flying, Ice and Rock Types while providing rocks and checking Vic. The EVs are custom (credit to 2xthetap) and allow Metang to survive 4HKO from uninvested-natured Silvally-F’s Flamethrower after SR and 4HKO from Timid Victreebel’s HP Fire after SR. The attack EVs allow Metang to OHKO Lycanroc and the defence investment allows Earthquake to 3HKO after SR from Kangaskhan. The speed EV investment allows it to outspeed base 50 mons and under including Regirock.

: Victreebel functions as the team’s secondary fighting check, grass type check and special wallbreaker that capitalises off the momentum from Eel and Silv-F as well as the synergy it shares with Zangoose. Relevantly, the synergy it shares with Zangoose functions similarly to the well-known core of Stoutland + Vic. Zangoose deals with the mons that trouble Vic like Eel, Cryo, Metang, Altaria, Muk and in return Vic breaks mons like Sableye (with Z-Leaf Storm), Jellicent and Regirock and switches into opposing fighting types. Together, this offensive pressures and dismantles the defensive cores of opposing teams so that Dodrio can clean. Victreebel also has the option of choosing between HP Fire or Sleep Powder. HP fire allows it to better deal with opposing Vic, Metang and Ferro however this may be unnecessary given that those mons are already dealt with other team members. Z-Sleep Powder gives Victreebel +1 speed which allows it to outspeed teams that lack speed control or rely on slow scarfers like Scarf Aurorus as their speed control. Sleep Powder is also nice in putting to bed mons that would switch in to Vic including Eel, Metang and Cryogonal which is super helpful.

Finally, Dodrio was chosen as the scarfer because its excellent speed deals with weather nicely and it cleans nicely late game when all normal checks are damages by Goose.

Notes:
  • Stall counterplay relies on Zangoose’s effective breaking so use it wisely. Victreebel and Metang are helpful against stall by being immune to Toxic and being able to status opposing mons through Sleep Powder and Toxic respectively. Victreebel’s Z-Leaf Storm also OHKOs Sableye which is nice. Watch this replay in how to use Zangoose effectively against stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-970643688
  • The team relies on both Dodrio and Silvally-F for its speed control. This shouldn’t be a problem but is something a user should be aware about.

I really enjoyed building this team and it was fun to play with against others. I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Revelation Dance

I would like a team based on stall breaker Oriocorio-Pom-Pom, preferably in the more offensive playstyle. Hurricane over revelation dance is fine too. I just like 100% accuracy more over the risk of missing moves.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ChrystalFalchion

yo bud i got your team sorry it's pretty late was tryna do a load of things with it. gonna shout out my tutee Estarossa for making this semi heat team with me.

:sm/musharna: :sm/eelektross: :sm/primeape: :sm/regirock: :sm/mawile: :sm/servine:
Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 24 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch
- Volt Switch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Toxic

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpD / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Mushy is the standard Calm Mind set, even though the future sight set is probs far better right now. I went with a standard as hell core of Regirock, Eelektross, and Primeape. Regirock's EVs are to KO Aurorus after Stealth Rock damage and to live two CCs from Primeape. Mawile was chosen because right now I think it's an underused threat, and I went with my old set from ORAS NU. You're able to 2hko Gurdurr and OHKO both Ferroseed and SpD Alolan Sandslash; while doing a decent amount of damage to Mudsdale. Servine's EVs let you outspeed Adamant Kangaskhan while living a Fire Blast from both +0 Simisear and Turtonator. This team is pretty fun even though it uses a very standard core, hope you enjoy bud.

ChrystalFalchion

yo bud i got your team sorry it's pretty late was tryna do a load of things with it. gonna shout out my tutee Estarossa for making this semi heat team with me.

:sm/musharna: :sm/eelektross: :sm/primeape: :sm/regirock: :sm/mawile: :sm/servine:
Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 24 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch
- Volt Switch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Toxic

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Servine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 48 SpD / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Mushy is the standard Calm Mind set, even though the future sight set is probs far better right now. I went with a standard as hell core of Regirock, Eelektross, and Primeape. Regirock's EVs are to KO Aurorus after Stealth Rock damage and to live two CCs from Primeape. Mawile was chosen because right now I think it's an underused threat, and I went with my old set from ORAS NU. You're able to 2hko Gurdurr and OHKO both Ferroseed and SpD Alolan Sandslash; while doing a decent amount of damage to Mudsdale. Servine's EVs let you outspeed Adamant Kangaskhan while living a Fire Blast from both +0 Simisear and Turtonator. This team is pretty fun even though it uses a very standard core, hope you enjoy bud.
Thank you so much, I've had a lot of fun using this team. I did swap Psychic out for Psyshock on Musharna, as I found myself getting into Calm Mind wars with Clefairy, and I still have Twinkle Tackle if Gurdurr is feeling brave/dumb. I was skeptical of that Mawile set, but it's been much better than I had anticipated. I will update this post with replays later on.

Also, what is the Future Sight set you were talking about?

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Am I allowed to request a new Alolan raichu team yet :)
I'm glad you like Raichu-Alola Lt. Surge07 Had fun building this one.

:sm/raichu-alola: :sm/primeape: :sm/lurantis: :sm/eelektross: :sm/regirock: :sm/oricorio-sensu:
Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Lurantis @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch
- Flamethrower

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

I think Raichu-Alola benefits the most at the moment by being able to hit as much as possible, which helps it's overall breaking ability. That's why I went with NP 3 attacks. I really like Primeape in this meta, and wanted some volt turn to allow Raichu in as safe as possible. It also lures in pokemon like Victreebel, Gurdurr, Oricorio Pom Pom, which lets Raichu either grab a kill or force a switch and potentially set up. Lurantis is something ive been meaning to use, and is the removal of the team. The set allows it to outspeed base 50's Like Regirock, Eelektross. It was originally lefties with aromatherapy to help vs stall, however yache has proven to help the hail MU. Eel is pretty great on any build atm, and I especially like it with another electric (like Raichu-Alola!) Eelektross + Lurantis let's you pivot into bulky grounds like Mudsdale that force out this Raichu-Alola set. Eelektross also completes the Volt-turn core with Primeape. Regirock is the rocker for the team, and a reliable normal and flying check. I chose to make it spdef as that + AV Eelektross should ease the scarf Aurorus match up. Specs is scary but you're able eat a hit and drain punch. Switching into specs is tough but that's just Specs Aurorus. Oricorio-Sensu was mainly to ease the Victreebel match up, which has been everywhere as of late. Gurdurr was a bit annoying too so it helps, if Lurantis needs to be healthy for other things and vice versa. Sensu can also be a secondary win-con with Raichu-Alola

Some thing's that scare the team: With Regirock being SpDef, Stoutland in particular can be scary. Good positioning with Raichu and Primeape can mend this. Lurantis can beat it 1v1 at full but they will rarely attempt to win it. Just position well and dont be afraid to trade with it, if you feel it's worth it!

Opposing Eelektross can be annoying, you're able to make the Toxic for Giga/Volt Switch trade against it with Regirock but that can cripple you if they have a Kangaskhan, Stoutland, Dodrio, ect. My best tip would be to just not set up with Sensu too early. If your wincon is Sensu, you can just lure in Eelektross with Raichu-Alola and weaken it with Psyshock, to cripple it to not being able to check Sensu anymore. As well as just crippling it with Lurantis Superpower, if it's worth the trade.

Hope you enjoy the team, I sadly haven't had a ton of time to get great replays with it. Feel free to change anything you want for your own use! Would love to hear back if you like it :]

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok so Shing'n Streets got ur team(s) right here. made two because both kinda did slightly different things.

:sm/oricorio_pom_pom::sm/victreebel::sm/bronzor::sm/lycanroc::sm/cryogonal::sm/gurdurr:
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Revelation Dance

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Lycanroc @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 56 SpD / 212 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

ok so i decided that i wanted a breaker that appreciates the support that oricorio offers while abusing mons it brings in, like regirock and lanturn, and pom is able to take on things like scarf dodrio and rocky helmet qwilfish. next i chose a rocker that didn't autolose the hail mu and acted as a normal resist, so it was a toss up between either metang or bronzor. i picked bronzor because it's ability to do the previously mentioned but also offer a great switch in to mudsdale seemed much better. next mon features a sorta weird set but scarf lycanroc can revenge things like scarf primeape, alola sandslash in hail, most sun mons, etc. cryo is basically here to offer hazard support while also patching up the rain mu. gurdurr gives the team a secondary wincon and a solid check to most physical attackers.

:sm/oricorio_pom_pom::sm/victreebel::sm/bronzor::sm/lycanroc::sm/lanturn::sm/claydol:
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Hurricane

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Lycanroc @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Earth Power

this version basically trades a worse mu vs things like kanga, stoutland, and ferroseed for a better fire-type match up

hope you enjoy these teams i enjoyed playing and testing with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)