Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
gz jcbc for winning round 7!
Round 8: Dhelmise

Sorry for the late start up today, had a busy morning. Dhelmise is one of my favorite Pokemon ever so it was only a matter of time before I did a round with Dhelmise. It can run a variety of different sets, although Choice Band is my favorite thanks to the lack of switch-ins.
Deadline is (8 / 10 / 18)
Have fun :toast:!​

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Easy concept, grass spam with trapper Dhelmise that can rid of golbats item and make Sceptiles time much easier. Steelvally provides a nice pivot with defog while also being an ice resist. Rhydon provides a solid fire resist while also offering Stealth Rock support. Passimian is used as a way of speed control and finally cm Slowbro is a nice wincon.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

well, so basic and fast to explain team, medi and ice cream as the breakers, standard bat, offensive rocks diancie and standard garbo with spinner dhelmise. adamant medi helps break through every check of the meta and ice cream set is the standard.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Surf

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Heavy Slam
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Hariyama @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Protect

Raticate-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit

Fairly fun team I made a while ago around the core of Heliolisk + Dhelmise. Basically, every single ground type in the tier is food for Dhelmise, and lets be honest, doubling out to Dhelmise on a Torterra is a really scary prospect for the opponent to deal with. Diancie provides my SR support, as well as Heal Bell, letting me use Dhelmise as an absurdly safe switchin for Slowbro. At this point I wanted a really good way to punish Sneasel, so I went for a fairly underused set in Z-Belly Drum Yama, which lets me use it fairly flexibly, before healing up to sweep. If you ever get off 2 belly drums, you win game. Finally, Xatu Keeps Hazards off, and Ret is my attempt at getting a scarfer that pursuits, beats up Decid, and isn't rocks weak.

Main issue is the team is a lot more matchup based than I'd like, but such is life. Its also basically 6-0'd by Klinklang, but lets pretend that mon doesn't exist.

I stand by my take that the anchor is kind of a shitmon but its not /as/ bad as i thought it was going to be. on this kind of build it does a nice job of opening up things that can bother comfey. honestly not a whole lot of thought went into this but it looks different and its a lot of fun to use so try it out!

cb del.PNG

Hi guys i want to participate.

I builded a team around Dhelmise cb, make a lot of dmg to a lot of stuffs in NU, and can trapper others. One of the problems could be comfey so we might play safely around to ko him with Anchor shot.
Gunk shot in passimian for stuffs like whimsicott or maybe you can try rock slide. burn with incineroar and control with slowbro. (my english is really awfull sorry xd)

Here's my Dhelmise team. I decided to go with a more supportive Dhelmise set since it ended up being the set that fit the team best, giving hazard control while being a pretty strong mon still. Diancie is the rocker I decided to use since it was necessary for the team to have multiple answers to Incineroar, and Diancie + Passimian seemed like the best way to deal with it on this team. Delphox and Sneasel just fit the team pretty well and gave everything the team needed, since this team is pretty straightforward I don't have a whole lot to add.

I vote for the team made by user Abejas. The futuristic grass spam concept alongside a fantastic color scheme put this team at least 2 (two) levels above others. Abejas, a real Pokémon® master, also found a way to check the often overlooked threat of VoltTurn by utilizing the unbreakable Rhydon. Abejas, good job. You have proven once again you belong in the upper echelon of the Neverused playerbase.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Screenshot_1.png

So here we go thanks to Yoshi using cheese. Posted this team in the bazzar thread a while ago, but its still very effective and fun to use. It uses screens Diancie which is never used these days and power trip Incineroar.
The first pokemon in the team is diancie, since it provides rocks most of the times and both screens while also providing momentum with explosion. Xatu also provides screens while also providing hazard stacking against us and a slow u-turn. Incineroar is usually going to sweep with the combination of screens+power trip+ weakness policy+flame charge and its already great bulk+access to intimidate, the only downside is that its pretty slow and even at +1 its slower then base 115 mons, like sneasel and whimsicott. Rest lets incineroar destroy stall. Zangoose is another great set up sweeper in the team that even has the ability to avoid toxics, +6 quick attack is still a big threat against offensive teams and it also destroys classic brolix cores if they take any chip damage. The final abuser is vaporeon, this mon provides the team a nice check to steelix while having access to z celebrate which is plain broken and can provide a solid late game cleaner. The final part of the team is Mismagius which provides the team a fighting check and memento, and can give you more set up oportunities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)