Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

I did this team a short little time after the venu ban, specstile seems to me, a big poke that is quite undervalued, it can break through the current meta with great ease as the current common builds are balance, sand or fat balances so (unless you encounter a tangela specstile has practically no switch ins), then AV slowbro with the coinflip of zap cannon + steelix (one of the most solid cores since the beginning of sm), golbat as our defoger, then, scarf passimian (the current NU landorus, present in most teams after being nominated as if not the best one, one of the best scarfer of the metagame.) And to finish grassium gallade, a great breaker without barely any switch-ins.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1528208372986.png1528208395164.png1528208417208.png1528208460673.png1528208478590.png1528208491723.png

Pretty simple team. Specs Sceptile is a strong nuke for anything not called golbat. Delphox helps sceptile breaking through his counters while also providing a great wall breaker. Palossand provides rocks and a solid check to sand (tho sandslash kinda 6-0s). Audino gives the team a nice cleric while also a sneasel counter. Xatu provides a form of hazard control and some momentum. And finally passimian provides speed control another sneasel and incineroar check while also providing momentum for delphox and sceptile. Just a standard turn-turn sceptile team.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/cb35bd2dab963afc

Desc
A team I built and was used in NUPL (can't honestly remember in which match D:) and used in order to get reqs for saur suspect.
The main idea was to build a team around Sceptile + Toxicroak, two strong offensive mons which only reliable common counter is Golbat. After Venusaur's (deserved) ban, Golbat's usage fell in disgrace and these two pokémon are now free to shine. Of course they needed some defensive backbone because their defensive utility was below zero. Steelix was the first pokémon I added, mainly because of its typing and its ability to setup rocks easily (if xatu is not on your opponent's team). Then I added golbat, who would take care of opposing grass types and get rid of entry hazards. Then I felt like I needed some other decent water resist, since Toxicroak is probably not the best bulky mon in the tier. I choose vaporeon who would also help me out with some utility such as Heal Bell and Wish support. Once a solid defensive core was created, I still had a free slot and I needed some fat breaker who would take care of those solid builds. Diancie was the perfect pick, and Specs Diancie's brutal power in terms of damage is probably the key to open huge holes and let Sceptile clean easily.

Some minor changes
- I know it's not the most common Steelix spread and if you want you can easily run a more offensive spread. I Just like not to struggle facing Heliolisk.
- Bullet Punch on Croak is an option. Even Adamant Croak is an ption.
- In Venusaur metagame diancie used to have Psychic over HP Fire. However, since its gone, psychic would just hit Vileplume, so I preferred HP Fire hitting Ferroseed.
- I know its not the common golbat spread, but I prefer this bulky version. Feel free to use a faster one if you wish.

Sceptile + passimian have a good synergy. Sceptile can pressure passimian common switches like palossand or slowbro and weaken its checks while passimian allows safe switches of sceptile thanks to u-turn, clean bulky steel types and cripple golbat with knock off to allow sceptile to handle it with hp ice.Palossand act as a the main fighting resist .He can switch on passimian and medicham,2 pokemons that can break the core.
Sigilyph brings a check grass that can defog on whimsicott, sceptile specs (blocked on leaf storm) or vileplume.With heat wave and energy ball it can also pressure the hazards setters (except diancie) and defoggers.
Incineroar switch on sneasel ,whimsicott and vanniluxe which can otherwise break the team .
Finally, Subsitute on cm diancie takes the advantage of stalls by set up on pyukumuku (night shade and seismic toss users such as miltank and xatu are destroyed by twinkle tackle and power gem respectively)
Diancie also check braviary bulk up.

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

https://pokepast.es/7d1ae0a0988f8bdf

The team is really self explanatory; I decided to pair sceptile with Garbodor to set up hazards and make it even more difficult to switch in Sceptile. Diancie gives you rocks and a switch in to both, dark and fire-types as well as a mon which can switch in Vanilluxe. Xatu completes a volturn core with heliolisk and provides hazard control. Heliolisk abuses spikes and alongside Sceptile kills slowbro or at least, forces it to switch out for Medicham to sweep in late game.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hey so this is a team by neomon, asked me to post it since he couldn't get the sprites. Enjoy!

proboklang has a good time dismanteling standard brolix cores, w sceptile added for additional wallbreaking. passimian acts as speed control and a incineroar check, while garbodor provides the team w spikes and another fairy resist, stomping tantrum is ran to not be toxicroak and klinklang set up fodder. slowking acts as the specially defensive pivot/ fire resist, that keeps the general theme of offensive pressure for the team

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
EDIT: So as it turns out, I did make a mistake, and neomon did NOT win week 2 lol. Xjckillerx won with 5 votes, whereas neomon only had 4. Apologies for the inconvenience, and congratulations to Xjckillerx.
Round 3: Sigilyph

I wanted to use Sigilyph since I think it's a pretty underrated Pokemon right now, and I think it could work well in the current meta.
Deadline is 6/15/18
Have fun! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)