Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1528753180317.png 1528753205889.png 1528753265675.png 1528753285149.png 1528753305233.png 1528753341729.png

The team is based around protect sigilyph, mon that is really fun to use atm since it lets you scout the move that choiced mons (like passimian, sneasel, stoutland) want to go for while also playing mind games with the pursuit trappers in the tier, like sneasel and the rare houndoom. Diancie gives sigilyph a way to punish knock off spams and dark types in general, being able to eat the knock offs really easily and throw strong moonblasts or set up and be a bigger threat while also destroying stall. Steelvally provides the team a way of hazard removal, a klinklang check and a great pivot for sigilyph. Torterra gives the team rocks and also a better matchup against sand. Vaporeon provides a solid fire resist while also giving big wishes and a nice core with steelvally. Finally passimian gives the team some speed control while also being a great pivot for sigilyph.

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

So yeah, here's the team. Kinda self explanatory by itself, sigilyph sand with steelvally+vapo core, and broken tangela. Enjoy the team!

I will make a longer description if i found a time for it, kinda busy with irl rn sry.

EDITED THE TEAM SINCE I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE ABILITY ON TANGELA NOW IS ALL GOOD

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 3: Voting Phase!
So this week we only have 2 teams, which is fine, as this project is the first I'm doing something like this dedicately, so it's a learning experience. I'll try to pick a more fun mon next week :toast:!
Team 1:- Abejas
Team 2:
- Xjckillerx
Voting ends 6/17/18

Have fun :toast:!

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Congratulations to Abejas for winning week 3 with 6 votes!
Round 4: Scrafty

Chose Scrafty at the recommendation of someone, although I can't exactly remember who. Scrafty is also a kind of cool Pokemon right now if you're able to get rid of Diancie, so here he is!
Deadline is 6/22/18
Have Fun!:toast:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Posting on behalf of neomon again!

Dd chople scrafty beats scarf pass, whims can meme into shit to help it, the rest is p much defensive hole patching
Used it in nupl (week 7)

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor

fighting spam balance, basic team dd chople scrafty for opp pass, passi to help break, and all the other mons are here for defensive support. The speed on diancie is for outspeed not speed sandslash.A

This team is based around bulk up scrafty that can set up on a lot of common pokémon like incineroar (without a fighting move),slowbro/king or gigalith.I prefer to use the fightinium z to switch or set up on rotom without fear trick.Life orb Druddigon lure diancie, whimsicott and comfey who do not expect it and provides stealth rock support. Incineroar provides useful resistances and pivots on vanniluxe and whimsicott.Rotom beats sr setters and check fighting types,stoutland and sandslash as well as klinklang.Losing the momentum is extremely threatening if there are too many hazards on the field.Togedemaru often switch to heliolisk ,a common volt switch user and allows to bring back rotom safely.Finally Tangela gives a durable answer to physical attackers and also cripple his checks with sleep powder.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Strength Sap

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 208 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Bulk Up

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Plain and simple sand + victreebel/Scrafty. I didn't intend on making it bulk up scrafty but it sure made the team a bunch better to work with as it provided a solid answere to opposing sand and a great wincon to break past a number of things that should not hold an eviolite half way into the game. Victree provides the needed offense to pressure xatu from checking half the team on top of giving sleep powder support, something always worth pivoting with. Passimian on this team wouldn't be fully optimal, while a pivot is nice for sand, Scrafty cracks that edge you might have wanted to bulkier teams with recovery as it just sets up and start to stream roll if the team lacks a Fairy type and scrafty gets even 1 Bulk Up up. At 2 you start to recover enough with drain punch to evade KO's from Passimian so that's very handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)